Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. (1190 Views)

Benin And Ife Never Had Any Connections more facts to this / Groomsmen In Igbo Traditional Attire Will Make Ladies Drool (pictures) / Ayiri Emami Installed As The Prime Minister Of Warri After Traditional Rites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by lampi: 11:20am On Feb 28, 2021
I have always never believed in traditional activities going on in my hometown because of my Christianity background due my father is a strong traditionalist but he managed out of pressure to Wed my mum in the church. I always avoid joining my fork's during festival and never involved my self in masquerading.
In 2008 I gained admission to study chemical engineering and things then seems to be working perfectly in my life, I felt I'm on top of world you might know the feelings to be an engineering student with dream of finishing school and work in a big oil firm.
But after to months in the university I was diagnosed with tuberculosis and I was not responding to treatment to the extent people thought I've HIV. The funny part was that my body was showing no signs of illness but in me I'm going down. I've to relocate back to the village were my dad take me to a native doctor which I strongly rebuked but I've no choice. The native doctor told me that it's a spiritual attack and no Orthodox treatment can heal me so he just give me honey mixed with herbs and just like that my long unexplained illness is gone but I still refuse to believe in things of traditions and only attributed my recovery to coincidence.
I graduated with 2nd class upper but 5 years no job I only feed from hand to mouth, frustration everywhere, I was abandoned by everyone and I was thinking of suicide. Many unexplained tragedy occurring in my life to the extended I nearly go to prison several times but mercy says no!.
Just last year December I got tired of life and decided to consult my dad and he took me back to another native doctor, after several incantation he made a revelation which I didn't believe is possible. He told me my mum's dad reincarnated in me and the man is very angry because he was not recognized and that's why he decided to make my life miserable but won't allow the problems to consume me. He told me that the man has always being my guardian angel but angry, several traditional ritual was done to appeals the man but I still have my doubts.
Can you imagine that only four day after the ritual my mum's elder brother who resides in UK and seems to be lost there because we lost communication with him for years called me and started asking how i was fairing and what work do I do this and that. He said he wanted me to come over to UK but he doesn't want me to come and start casual work but a serious work that will pay well but the problem is that UK won't give me employment with Nigerian engineering certificate you all know how decay our educational system is. so he asked me to go back to school and study nursing that he will take care of everything and after the program I can easily come over to UK. at first the idea seems very impossible but there is no harm in starting form the beginning to succeed. He paid almost a million for me to gain admission for nursing. I strongly believe that after the program I'll disappear to UK for a better life.
In conclusion, I'll advise all the hustling youths out there who after struggling for several years without success to go back to there home background and sort things out there, don't abandon ur heritage even Jesus have to go back to Nazareth is birth place before he started his apostolic work. yours won't be different , never over look that which make u who u are. some persons have there umbilical cord misplaced or misused at birth, all which have a big spiritual impact. Thanks for reading.

4 Likes

Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by Jashub: 11:27am On Feb 28, 2021
From your writing, it seems you are giving glory to the gods of your ancestors instead of glorifying God Himself.
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by SoBright101: 11:39am On Feb 28, 2021
I always say this and i will keep on saying it, Africa won't move forward while we derail from our history, culture and tradition.

1 Like

Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by lampi: 11:46am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
From your writing, it seems you are giving glory to the gods of your ancestors instead of glorifying God Himself.
no my friend, those pastors, apostles, Rev, etc who re successful today made peace with there background but they will never tell anyone. That's why u will continue struggling praying in church but nothing insight because u abandoned ur root

2 Likes

Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by Jashub: 11:55am On Feb 28, 2021
lampi:
no my friend, those pastors, apostles, Rev, etc who re successful today made peace with there background but they will never tell anyone. That's why u will continue struggling praying in church but nothing insight because u abandoned ur root
Are you insinuating we make peace with demons..? Please why did Christ die for if we still have to settle amicably with foul spirits. Where then is the justification for us being Christians and believing in the power of His death and resurrection...? Do you know you have indirectly told us here that we are wasting our time with following Jesus....
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by lampi: 11:59am On Feb 28, 2021
Jashub:
Are you insinuating we make peace with demons..? Please why did Christ die for if we still have to settle amicably with foul spirits. Where then is the justification for us being Christians and believing in the power of His death and resurrection...? Do you know you have indirectly told us here that we are wasting our time with following Jesus....
don't try to make me feel as if I'm evil. Jesus asked us to give to God what belongs to him and to Caesar what belongs to him. go to uk, US, China, Japan,etc they always make reference to there background which they believe is there ways to God Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by Jashub: 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2021
lampi:
don't try to make me feel as if I'm evil. Jesus asked us to give to God what belongs to him and to Caesar what belongs to him. go to uk, US, China, Japan,etc they always make reference to there background which they believe is there ways to God Almighty.
Your conscience is telling you that not me. However I advise you put away any idolatrous practices and turn and continue following God.

Peace
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by SoBright101: 1:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
You are only saying what you were told not like you really know. There's nothing like demon in African tradition, you were only made to believe the lies.
Ask yourself the population of Christian in Israel even Portugal and Britain who introduced Christian religion to Nigeria respectively. Why does Saudi Arabia violates human rights most. Why are countries like China, india, Indonesia etc who never derail from their tradition, culture and history progressing while Africa which majority of his population practice the foreign religion remain backward?

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

Jashub:

2 Likes

Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by lampi: 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2021
SoBright101:
You are only saying what you were told not like you really know. There's nothing like demon in African tradition, you were only made to believe the lies.
Ask yourself the population of Christian in Israel even Portugal and Britain who introduced Christian religion to Nigeria respectively. Why does Saudi Arabia violates human rights most. Why are countries like China, india, Indonesia etc who never derail from their tradition, culture and history progressing while Africa remain backward.

thanks my brother ur understanding is refined, don't mind the fanatic with his slavery mentality.
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by Jashub: 2:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
SoBright101:
Ask yourself the population of Christian in Israel even Portugal and Britain who introduced Christian religion to Nigeria respectively. Why does Saudi Arabia violates human rights most. Why are countries like China, india, Indonesia etc who never derail from their tradition, culture and history progressing while Africa which majority of his population practice the foreign religion remain backward?

Bros if you have never experienced demonic manifestation and oppression kindly so. Instead of displaying foolishness.
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by SoBright101: 2:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
It may be from evil people who are either Christian, Muslim or Traditionalist
Don't attribute demon to a tradition or culture

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery

Jashub:
Bros if you have never experienced demonic manifestation and oppression kindly so. Instead of displaying foolishness.

Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by Jashub: 2:32pm On Feb 28, 2021
SoBright101:
It may be from evil people who are either Christian, Muslim or Traditionalist
Don't attribute demon to a tradition or culture

You only deceiving yourself. It is already a well known fact that traditions have their roots in demonic practices. But you since you continue to deceive yourself, there is nothing I can do. So enjoy living in denial while demonic oppression fights you.
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by SoBright101: 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2021
A well known fact by a brainwashed like you?
Your comment indicates you're battling demonic force while being a Christian, embrace tradition for lasting solution.

Jashub:
You only deceiving yourself. It is already a well known fact that traditions have their roots in demonic practices. But you since you continue to deceive yourself, there is nothing I can do. So enjoy living in denial while demonic oppression fights you.
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by Jashub: 2:40pm On Feb 28, 2021
SoBright101:
A well known fact by a brainwashed like you?
Your comment indicates you're battling demonic force while being a Christian, embrace tradition for lasting solution.

Traditions have made us backwards oga. Which us why some fools in your village still sacrifice to deities and demons while deceiving you that it is tradition.
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by SoBright101: 2:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
While your own religion is the way forward cheesy cheesy cheesy

Jashub:
Traditions have made us backwards oga. Which us why some fools in your village still sacrifice to deities and demons while deceiving you that it is tradition.
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by Jashub: 3:25pm On Feb 28, 2021
SoBright101:
While your own religion is the way forward cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hahahaha... You should be greatful to Christianity.

Afterall, is it not Christians missionaries that educated your father who in turn educated you? If those missionaries had not visited, what do you think would have happened... ? Don't answer. Let me help you out. Ready...?

If they had not come you and your fathers (probably your father's father) lwould still be wearing leaves in villages worshipping trees and idols that would never have kept you illiterates for aeons!!!
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by SoBright101: 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2021
Did they come with the aim of making Africa a better place and who told you there has never been or would never be civilization before their arrival?

You are suffering from mental slavery, inferiority complex.

With the way you write, what have you learn being a Christian because i can see you don't have manner but you are claiming and promoting Christianity. Hypocrite.

This is my last response to you

Jashub:
Hahahaha... You should be greatful to Christianity.

Afterall, is it not Christians missionaries that educated your father who in turn educated you? If those missionaries had not visited, what do you think would have happened... ? Don't answer. Let me help you out. Ready...?

If they had not come you and your fathers (probably your father's father) lwould still be wearing leaves in villages worshipping trees and idols that would never have kept you illiterates for aeons!!!

2 Likes

Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by Jashub: 3:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
SoBright101:
Did they come with the aim of making Africa a better place and who told you there has never been or would never be civilization before their arrival?

With the way you write, what have you learn being a Christian because i can see you don't have manner but you are claiming and promoting Christianity. Hypocrite.

Bros it is only the truth so stop getting emotional.

Peace
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by lampi: 3:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
SoBright101:

don't mind him, he is the type some pastors use to fill there bank account he in turn gets nothing only promise of making heaven

1 Like

Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by saintfaculty(m): 12:09am On Mar 12, 2021
SoBright101:

Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by saintfaculty(m): 12:34am On Mar 12, 2021
lampi:
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by SoBright101: 12:19pm On Mar 12, 2021
Why?

saintfaculty:

Can I reach you?
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by saintfaculty(m): 5:17pm On Mar 12, 2021
SoBright101:
Why?

Sorry not you, I meant the OP
Re: Always Have Connections With Your Traditional Background. by lampi: 5:42pm On Mar 13, 2021
saintfaculty:

How far, can I reach you? I need to speak with you.
yes 08168859797

(1) (Reply)

Ancient City Is Found In Africa, / Climate Change: Osinbajo Advocates Climate Justice, More Energy For Africa / Any Ketu Epe Indigene Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.