Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,490 members, 7,823,146 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved (15324 Views)

Bayelsa Youths Send 28 Elders, Chiefs Into Exile For Attending Sylva's Birthday / Soludo: My First 100 Days In Office Has Been Bumpy, Challenging / Soludo: My Government Will Empower One Million Youths Annually (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by fasho01(m): 8:13am On Mar 01, 2021
This man definitely has political ambition with all these self praise he has been heaping on himself lately

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Lattop(m): 8:13am On Mar 01, 2021
Hmmmm
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Aklee4994(m): 8:14am On Mar 01, 2021
Make i kill ram for you or what...
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Dontrader07: 8:15am On Mar 01, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by TheVoice21(m): 8:16am On Mar 01, 2021
Your mouth sweet die!
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by 9jaRealist: 8:17am On Mar 01, 2021
”If anyone thinks that governance is about going to Abuja to collect money, use part of it to pay workers and use the rest to award contracts, then that person is mistaken. If that is what governance is about, I won’t be in the race because that is something my grandmother can do".

PREACH IT! cool
>
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by nabiz(m): 8:19am On Mar 01, 2021
TonyRazor:
TonyRazor

My family went into exile for bank consolidation to be achieved - Soludo

A former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Prof Charles Soludo, has said his family went into exile beacuse of several threats to their lives when he introduced the banking consolidation policy in 2004.

He added that he received 19 written threats to his life following that policy.

Soludo stated this in an interactive session with some journalists in Awka, the Anambra State capital.

Soludo, who is contesting for the Governorship of Anambra State on the platform of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, said a good leader must be adamant and revolutionary when embarking on progressive policies.

He said, “I am a very impatient person to see change happen and I am passionate in anything I focus on.

“At that time, no bank in Nigeria was in the top 1000 banks in the world. If you needed to make an investment of $500m, you had to go through the then 39 banks and it was an impossible task. If you wanted to borrow abroad, there was no bank here to guarantee that.

“So, I came to the realization that if we wanted to build a private sector-driven economy, it was not possible with the rickety ‘mama and papa’ banks, which could not guarantee even N3m loan. We, therefore, needed to pull down the house and rebuild it.

“There was nothing I did not see. I received 19 written threats to my life. Even there were attempts to kidnap my children at Offa in Kwara state. So it was a very brutal revolution. I had to evacuate my family during the banking consolidation because when you want to uproot a system, it is usually a deadly routine.

The Professor of economics said
his quest to govern the state was not for personal enrichment as God had blessed him all round,even before he became 30 years.

He said," I have finished with the world, and I have also done my bit in Nigeria. I now want to help develop my own state. I am not running for this election so I can make money, or so I can enhance my CV. I am in this race to develop my home state.

“If anyone thinks that governance is about going to Abuja to collect money, use part of it to pay workers and use the rest to award contracts, then that person is mistaken. If that is what governance is about, I won’t be in the race because that is something my grandmother can do.

“We are talking about using our contacts all over the world to generate funds that we can use to develop our state at little or no cost to us. It is something I can do.

“We have touched many institutions and they changed, and it is time to touch Anambra. After all the work I have done in various places, I asked myself what else I can do as a sign of gratitude to God, and I said, let God use me as a gift to change Anambra State. That is why I am running for the governorship.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2021/03/01/soludo-alleges-plots-to-kidnap-his-children-during-consolidation/amp/
chai! I really suffered for that policy though a good decision. I was working as a poor security guard then in one of the affected bank( Hallmark bank) I remember how bank staff will hide and allow customers to beat me up. I had a first hand information about that policy. I suffered to the extent I insist that I must use it a my project topic during my Nd(2004/2005 bank consolidation and recapitalization in Nigeria)but my useless project supervisor reduce to approve it, after spending some money for research

4 Likes

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by betshopagent(m): 8:20am On Mar 01, 2021
BabbanBura:

Very true, I just hope Anambrans will give him the mandate
he is d apga candidate.Anambra is Apga. Forget what anybody tells u here.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by SmartPolician: 8:31am On Mar 01, 2021
Moferere:
I prefer Soludo but the performance of the outgoing APGA government may count against him.

APGA cannot lose any gubernatorial election in Anambra

The most important thing is for APGA to pick Prof Soludo as their flagbearer.

Then, the deal is sealed.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by edoairways: 8:36am On Mar 01, 2021
post=99498216:

Not even only politicians are evil, even bankers and white collar-job men.

How will this nation move forward with all these evil, corrupt that abound all over?

Imagine them threatening his life and trying to kidnap his family members only because he is trying to do the right thing for our nation to move forward.
Here is a man with a vision.

We believe they are the same kinda people that were rejoicing on the death of one of the greatest women to ever come out of Nigeria (Mrs Dora Akunyili!) cos she was a pain in their dirty as$!!

All they want love is stealing and corrupt way of life.
That is the norm to them.

Nigeria will be great again.

We Rise!

You can say that again.
You took those words outta our mouth(s).
If and only if your darling daddy was fit enough, we would have gone far.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by georgeakins: 8:39am On Mar 01, 2021
Was it not immediately after the consolidation that about 4 banks collapsed? It was a useless exercises.
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:44am On Mar 01, 2021
We have heard
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Henix(m): 8:46am On Mar 01, 2021
It's true that politicians are all the same but Soludo remains the best candidate among all the governorship candidates I have seen so far
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by studentofTruth: 8:46am On Mar 01, 2021
I will repeat my question again: what is Soludo looking for in Anambra State?

I'm yet to understand it.

He should be going for president. In fact, SE should have presented him for job and rally around him since they're want to have a taste of Ask Rock.

Oga Soludo, Anambra State is not your level.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by INCREDIBLE007(m): 9:01am On Mar 01, 2021
lamentor78:
I pray the witch sitting on Anambra destiny will be uprooted

Amen
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by zopyna(m): 9:04am On Mar 01, 2021
Fixey:

Thank you for this seemingly short but weighty comment. Soludo has always had a god-complex and likes to be worshipped. This is what he wants worship though he means well. He wants to be worshipped and set upon a throne as a god. He also isn't after Adam bra in the longterm, he's chasing presidency and needs Anambra as a stepping stone to get there
I have said this before ,we are from Anambra and I know Soludo .His pride is another thing cos he would heed to advice from anyone but outsiders are busy praising him .I know Chukwuma won't achieve even 1/10 of what Obi and Ngige did unless he has another plan
Mark this day ,I say it once again, governance is not a function of perfect command of English.Intelligence and wisdom are two different things
May God help to toe the path of real devpt if he wins ........

Despite all this, he revolutionalized the banking sector, we must give him that credit.
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Fixey: 9:06am On Mar 01, 2021
[quote author=zopyna post=99503579][/quote]

Soludo is pride personified in human form. That is what is forestall g his advancement. If he can pursue humility, and change nothing will stop him. It's only outside he is praised, back at home, Soludo is avoided like a plague and it's all one thing. Pride

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by otomatic(m): 9:08am On Mar 01, 2021
gwafaeziokwu:
Chineke biko, answer Ndigbo this last time. Forgive us and make this a reality. We need our best, Soludo is the real deal.

It is not Chineke, but Ndigbo that will choose. Vote wisely, otherwise even Chineke cannot save you.
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by slowice(m): 9:08am On Mar 01, 2021
I can't forget what this man did with Nigerian banks.... By that consolidation he has done more for our economy than any other person alive or dead. I believe him, he even went as far as removing Arabic from some naira notes, even though he knew the risks involved in rattling the North he still went ahead to do the needful. He is a real man and realist. If he had more time and backing he would done way more. Anambra originally should beg him to be their governor.

3 Likes

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Archtype(m): 9:10am On Mar 01, 2021
Soludo can even secure APGA ticket not to talk of winning Anambra election sef

1 Like

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by chyket(m): 9:30am On Mar 01, 2021
You fully have my support as a son of the soil!!! I just pray you get a seasoned Politician as a deputy Governorship candidate so that he can assist you navigate through the slippery political environment while you focus more on developmental issues. I have noticed this as the greatest challenge that face Nigerian Technocrats when they aquire political power.
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by nedekid: 9:44am On Mar 01, 2021
Yeah, you really suffered. Your family had to go into "exile" in the US, Canada, Switzerland, London etc, just as seyi Tinubu's family, emefueles family too suffered by entering an airliner sized private jet to flee to UK last year and continued suffering staying in possibly Knightsbridge, hampstead, west end, Finchley in the UK in a suffering style.. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by selemempe: 9:51am On Mar 01, 2021
stonemasonn:
haba which witch? Ngige, Peter Obi and the current one....all performed well....Soludo won't do anything special.
Sullivan and Umahi did better than ngige and Peter obi...so there is still room for improvement

2 Likes

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 01, 2021
This kind of people should be leading Nigeria. Instead, illiterates and terrorists are leading smart educated people. Useless country.
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 01, 2021
studentofTruth:
I will repeat my question again: what is Soludo looking for in Anambra State?

I'm yet to understand it.

He should be going for president. In fact, SE should have presented him for job and rally around him since they're want to have a taste of Ask Rock.

Oga Soludo, Anambra State is not your level.

Sense kiiiii you there
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by CSTRR: 10:26am On Mar 01, 2021
Fixey:

Thank you for this seemingly short but weighty comment. Soludo has always had a god-complex and likes to be worshipped. This is what he wants worship though he means well. He wants to be worshipped and set upon a throne as a god. He also isn't after Adam bra in the longterm, he's chasing presidency and needs Anambra as a stepping stone to get there

Despite all this, he revolutionalized the banking sector, we must give him that credit.
Well, there is nothing wrong with him eyeing the presidency.

If the likes of buhari can rule, soludo would be an overkill.

He is more qualified than all the presidents and vice presidents since 1999 till date.

1 Like

Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Fixey: 10:28am On Mar 01, 2021
CSTRR:

Well, there is nothing wrong with him eyeing the presidency.

If the likes of buhari can rule, soludo would be an overkill.

He is more qualified than all the presidents and vice presidents since 1999 till date.

I have nothing against Soludo being president. I only mentioned his projected pride is causing him to have too many enemies who are he'll bent on obstructing his path and that to achieve his objectives he needs a paradigm shift
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by frog12: 10:38am On Mar 01, 2021
why he keep quiet all this time
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by PHIPEX(m): 10:49am On Mar 01, 2021
If not that Nigeria is not a normal country, Soludo should be running for President.

It's a country where the best 11 sit on bench while mediocres run the show on the pitch.
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by sizer07: 10:58am On Mar 01, 2021
Personally i think this mans knowledge and experience is way above governorship,president or vice shd be the appropriate and well suited position this man should be holding.anyway god ideas if he wants to start his political carrier from home
Re: Soludo: My Family Went Into exile For Bank Consolidation To Be Achieved by Realhommie(m): 11:24am On Mar 01, 2021
This man with his brain and expertise should actually be vying for the seat of the president, alas this is Nigeria. Sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are Not Interested In Government Of Unity - Abure (video) / 11 Discos File Application For Electricity Tariff Review / Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.