Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:55 AM

Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi (20989 Views)

Two Children Kidnapped In Ogun Church During Good Friday Service / RRS Rescues 2 From Robbers, Recover Three Guns, Matchets / 2 Children Kidnapped In Gombe, Found In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by NwekeUG(m): 9:13am On Mar 01, 2021
Commercial tricycle operator rescues 2 children kidnapped by a couple in Ebonyi (Photos)

A commercial tricycle operator and Ebonyi State University graduate, Ogwogu Chidi Nwuzor, has rescued two of the three children kidnapped by a husband and wife in Ikwo and Izzi Local Government Area of the state, IgbereTV reports.

It was gathered the luck ran out of the kidnappers at Nkaliki Road, Abakaliki metropolis when Nwuzor, who was conveying them to a park became suspicious upon seeing how unkept the children were.

According to Nwuzor, when he questioned them, the woman said the children were her sister’s children and that the crisis between Ikwo and Abakaliki people caused her to take them away. But he instead raised the alarm and attracted the attention of people who alerted the police.

Spokesperson of the Ebonyi State Police Command, DSP Loveth Odah, who confirmed the incident on Saturday February 27, said the children identified as Tochukwu Eze, 5, Wisdom Eze, 4, and a third victim Sopuruchukwu Ugbo, 8, have been reunited with their families and commended the efforts of the operator and residents in rescuing them.

"One of the two children that were stolen about two weeks ago identified the same woman as the person that abducted them, when the girl was describing the woman, she said she is fair and we insisted that she is not the only fair person in the society, the girl then said the woman had a wound in her hand, and that is fresh as of the time they were kidnapped. Lo and behold, we saw the wound at the same spot the girl described,” she stated.

"So far, these syndicates have kidnapped four children, while three have been recovered and one is yet to be recovered. Police are still investigating the matter to uncover more of their activities,” she added.

In an interview with one of the victims, Sopuru Ugbo, she said she was kidnapped alongside her brother at Nwezenyi and taken to Enugu where she was abandoned.

"I was going to Nwezenyi with my brother when the woman came and told me that my mother said she should buy something for us to eat. I said I was not going anywhere, she used her handkerchief on me and I stopped talking. She finally met with a man called Gwogwo, after discussing with him, she took us away," she narrated.

"We entered Keke to Onuebonyi and then entered a car to Enugu where we slept. But in the morning, I did not see the woman and my brother again. I don’t know where my brother is, my brother’s name is Enyichukwu. The woman has a wound on her arm, so immediately I saw her yesterday, I recognized her. It was a lady called Chinaza that called my mother,” she said.

The father of the rescued children, Mr Ogbonnaya Eze, commended the tricycle operator, calling him a good-spirited citizen of the state and thanked the police for rescuing his two children from the hands of kidnappers.

"Our children; Tochukwu and Wisdom were sent to buy biscuits at the neighbour’s house when these people took them. Tochukwu is five years old while wisdom is four years old. Both are in Nursery 1. In the night, one man came to us and said he saw a write-up on Facebook about two children that were rescued by a Keke rider at Nkaliki and were taken to the police station, he showed me their pictures, that was how we found out that they were rescued,” he added.

Below is Ogwogu Chidi Nwuzor's account on how God used him to rescue the children:

"Rescued from kidnappers today around 2:30pm
God used me to rescue this two little children from the kidnappers today, one gave his name as Wisdom whereas the other has not been able to speak.
I, ogwogu chidi a keke driver and a graduate of sociology department ebonyi state University was today 25/2/2021 rescued this two brothers, as I was driving along Nkwagu afikpo road saw saw some people standing beside the road where they keke broke down and they called me to convey them to a pack where they can burder a bus to Enugu which I agreed.
But the look of the appearance of those children made me to probe into they journey.

When I asked why they were taking those tattered and undressed children to Enugu, the woman narrated it was out of the maltreatment resulting from inter communal conflict between izzi & ikwo. That the father was from ikwo and the mother from izzi which happens to be the sister to her.
But I didn't stop I keep asking, to the extent that I told them I was a security man and that terrified them, they couldn't reach park again but dropped at nkaliki junction, but due to their suspicious movement I followed them up when they diverted their way I alerted neighbor and police and and some interogation behold those children was been kidnapped.
In case of any missing children report to police head quarter Abakaliki for clearification."

https://www.facebook.com/100023014993478/posts/892796154830876/?app=fbl

4 Likes

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by NwekeUG(m): 9:13am On Mar 01, 2021
More

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by chatinent: 9:14am On Mar 01, 2021
Humankind is the most evil thing that happened to earth.

I tell people to minimise the friends they keep, and bring home. If possible, have no friends.

In every death attack, there is every tendency that there must be an unsuspecting insider.

(Chews kolanut)

Ka a sịkwa ihe mere Chineke ji kwaa mmakwaara maka ike ụmụ mmadụ!

Humans are very wicked!

Don't tell anyone about anything good you intend doing; it builds up a citadel of envy in them! Don't tell them about what you intend buying!

(Hmmmmms)

These evil people are our neighbours, social media chat mates, and our religious members! They will stop at nothing to yes their get-rich-by-all-means mentality.

Eniyan buruju.

Mafi munin abin da zai iya faruwa da kai shine dogaro da abokin karya.

(Crosses hands)
It's not as though there are many real friends! Everyone around you is selfish; all for benefits in one way or another!

I'm so glad these beautiful kids were rescued.

14 Likes

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by RRodwave(m): 9:21am On Mar 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by adadike(f): 9:38am On Mar 01, 2021
Thank God for saving the children and may God bless the Keke rider in Jesus name
Children are wonderful creature, see how peaceful that little boy look while sleeping

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by LoudLord(m): 9:53am On Mar 01, 2021
Imagine!

SMH
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by samuel19222(m): 12:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
issoright, too bad, nice one to the Keke riders, shey the couples wan turn kidnapper bandit for ebony.

To the bet guy below

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by Kufrejegbo: 12:10pm On Mar 01, 2021
The level of insecurity is too high
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by Commonguy(m): 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
the rate of kidnapping in this country is somehow.. God help us
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by GeneralPula: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
This is Pathetic..

Flatinoz no dey take eye see person Pikini for street..

Haha..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2021
NO TRIBALISM PLEASE....

All bigots would be reported to the mods..

2 Likes

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by merits(m): 12:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
cheesy
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by Timoleon(m): 12:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by AfriNotesNEWS: 12:12pm On Mar 01, 2021
Devil is a scam

Na we human be the real devil and evil... No Devil ever exist

May God protect us from all human's evil

3 Likes

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by 4tomandchi: 12:14pm On Mar 01, 2021
Praise be to the creator evil shall vanish one day.
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by Hez143(m): 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
may the good Lord safe us all in this corntree
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by tutudesz: 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
undecided
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nigeria , the most religious HELL on earth.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by RichDad1(m): 12:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
It’s their way of life down there.
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by GodHatesBigots(m): 12:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Nigeria is a land full of churches and terrible wickedness and darkness.

1 Like

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by ipobarethieves: 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
sad iPOB yweets are kidnspi, thieves, ARSONISTS cool grin sad.Thank U keke driver.Hope they chain those yamz legs pipu to tipper tyre sad cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by Twelfthman: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2021
You are very wise sir

chatinent:
Humankind is the most evil thing that happened to earth.

I tell people to minimise the friends they keep, and bring home. If possible, have no friends.

In every death attack, there is every tendency that there must be an unsuspecting insider.

(Chews kolanut)

Ka a sịkwa ihe mere Chineke ji kwaa mmakwaara maka ike ụmụ mmadụ!

Humans are very wicked!

Don't tell anyone about anything good you intend doing; it builds up a citadel of envy in them! Don't tell them about what you intend buying!

(Hmmmmms)

These evil people are our neighbours, social media chat mates, and our religious members! They will stop at nothing to yes their get-rich-by-all-means mentality.

Eniyan buruju.

Mafi munin abin da zai iya faruwa da kai shine dogaro da abokin karya.

(Crosses hands)
It's not as though there are many real friends! Everyone around you is selfish; all for benefits in one way or another!

I'm so glad these beautiful kids were rescued.
Re: Commercial Tricycle Operator Rescues 2 Children Kidnapped By A Couple In Ebonyi by wellmax(m): 12:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
Fulani again abi?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Sends Judge To Prison For Alleged Fraud / Suicidal Woman Rescued After She Jumped Into A River In Kogi / Mobile Police Officers Protest In Maiduguri Over Non-Payment Of Allowance (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.