Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? (843 Views)

Ondo Government Suspends NURTW And RTEAN. Orders Leaders To Vacate Motor Parks / Lagos Council Suspends NUTRW, RTEAN Activities Over Gang War / Sanwo-Olu Threatens To Ban NURTW In Lagos If They Fail To Conduct Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 7:40pm On Mar 01, 2021
Can Lagos Ban NURTW and RTEAN? To me I can not see their contribution to anything good. Come to Ajah, Agungi, Igbo-Efon, Osapa, Ikate, Obalende, Yaba, Ebute-Meta, Mushin, Oshodi. They are the major cause of holdup every where. See the recent fight at Obalende. Hope Lagos can join Ogun, Oyo and now Ondo to ban their activities!
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 8:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
Someone said, I am looking for Jagaban trouble... cool
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
When will they ban NURTW in Enugu? Eyin omo yeebow yi like aseju, you go leave your problem they do ofofo for another man's land

Spit

1 Like

Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 8:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
SuperBold:
When will they ban NURTW in Enugu? Eyin omo yeebow yi like aseju, you go leave your problem they do ofofo for another man's land

Spit

Omo Oduduwa ni mi. I work and pay ALL My taxes to LASG. You always come with tribal card. Tomorrow stay at major bus stop in your area and watch how they break wippers, mirrors and remove tires from bus trunks....

1 Like

Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 8:29pm On Mar 01, 2021
Agberos is becoming a structured organisation. I watched One the SA trying to settle the fight between NURTW and RTEAN after the Obalende clash....
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 8:31pm On Mar 01, 2021
SuperBold:

Spit

Gbogbo enyan to ba ti toka si nonsense to nlo ni omo Igbo. Ti ile kan ba ntoro, oma ale ibe niko ti dagba..
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:

Gbogbo enyan to ba ti toka si nonsense to nlo ni omo Igbo. Ti ile kan ba ntoro, oma ale ibe niko ti dagba..

Deleted
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:

Omo Oduduwa ni mi. I work and pay ALL My taxes to LASG. You always come with tribal card. Tomorrow stay at major bus stop in your area and watch how they break wippers, mirrors and remove tires from bus trunks....

Nonsense! Keep deceiving yourselve.
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 8:51pm On Mar 01, 2021
SuperBold:

Nonsense! Keep deceiving yourselve.

Talo nparo. Go and check my past posts sir. For your information, I have a stake at a place close to Isale-Agbede, Ojo Giwa...
Where in the World do you see this nonsense, not even Benin Republic....
Lets stop living as akotile ta. Not even in the days God Father are things lawless like these....
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Biodun556(m): 8:58pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:
Can Lagos Ban NURTW and RTEAN? To me I can not see their contribution to anything good. Come to Ajah, Agungi, Igbo-Efon, Osapa, Ikate, Obalende, Yaba, Ebute-Meta, Mushin, Oshodi. They are the major cause of holdup every where. See the recent fight at Obalende. Hope Lagos can join Ogun, Oyo and now Ondo to ban their activities!

Lagos can ban yellow buses but not NURTW because it is union.

1 Like

Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 9:02pm On Mar 01, 2021
Biodun556:

Is not same yellow bus that will be repainted to any colour? Must they as union disturb other road users and commuters by breaking mirrors and wippers because of Owo Mi Da?
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Biodun556(m): 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:

Is not same yellow bus that will be repainted to any colour? Must they as union disturb other road users and commuters by breaking mirrors and wippers because of Owo Mi Da?

Lagos State is developing modern bus stops in every parts of state. All the yellow buses will be replaced with BRT.
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Biodun556:

Lagos State is developing modern bus stops in every parts of state. All the yellow buses will be replaced with BRT.

How many people can Lagos BRT take care off?
Do you remember Saka Saula who died when Red BRT was to be introduced to replace Molue?

White and green agvero will not allow . Have you checked who burnt BRT at Oyingbo and Berger during #Endsars?
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Ademola47(m): 9:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:

I doubt if that'll be possible. The institution (under its sub-bodies like TROAN, ACOMORAN etc) generates billions monthly. An average Bike rider pays about 1.5k daily. Tricycle, bus and lorry owners pay more than that. Imagine what it'll amount to when cumulated.

If not for misappropriation and maybe their violent acts instigated by leadership politics, the section is an important source of Internally Generated Revenue.

1 Like

Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Biodun556(m): 9:27pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:

How many people can Lagos BRT take care off?
Do you remember Saka Saula who died when Red BRT was to be introduced to replace Molue?

White and green agvero will not allow . Have you checked who burnt BRT at Oyingbo and Berger during #Endsars?

BRT drivers will be part of the union I think.

I'm very sure that Lagos will phaseout the yellow buses. There are plans underway and they are working tirelessly towards it.
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 9:32pm On Mar 01, 2021
Biodun556:

BRT drivers will be part of the union I think.

I'm very sure that Lagos will phaseout the yellow buses. There are plans underway and they are working tirelessly towards it.
Not these set of people....Common okada still plies Lekki express, CMS Marina, Agbagbon to Ojuelegba...
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:

Talo nparo. Go and check my past posts sir. For your information, I have a stake at a place close to Isale-Agbede, Ojo Giwa...
Where in the World do you see this nonsense, not even Benin Republic....
Lets stop living as akotile ta. Not even in the days God Father are things lawless like these....

Lol na just my natural defense mechanism. They shouldn't ban them, it will lead to another circumstance me and you are not ready for.

Govt should rather regulate and reorientate them about the modern ways of getting thing done.
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:

Not these set of people....Common okada still plies Lekki express, CMS Marina, Agbagbon to Ojuelegba...
If you're being keep pessimistic and combative, then no point raising this topic/asking this question.

Biodun556 has tried informing you of LASG plans to phase out yellow buses and launch more BRT buses, yet you keep putting up irrelevant responses.

1. NURTW is a national union, just like NMA, NBA, etc.. Yes a state Govt. can ban its activities. It can be checked.

2. With more BRT buses coming in, the "agberos" will phase out/put in check.

1 Like

Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:

Alaye calm down everything will be alright
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 10:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
pineed:

If you're being keep pessimistic and combative, then no point raising this topic/asking this question.

Biodun556 has tried informing you of LASG plans to phase out yellow buses and launch more BRT buses, yet you keep putting up irrelevant responses.

1. NURTW is a national union, just like NMA, NBA, etc.. Yes a state Govt. can ban its activities. It can be checked.

2. With more BRT buses coming in, the "agberos" will phase out/put in check.
Oga go and read what happened after Molue demise sir. Know history and check why Lekki have green and white bus (es). The menace of agberos cant be stopped with this kind of rulership!
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
SuperBold:

Alaye mi osare...
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by seunmsg(m): 10:25pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:

Are you aware that NURTW and RTEAN are registered trade associations? If you scrap them, how will public transporters run their affairs? How will they regulate their trade? Who will run the various motor parks all over the state?

See, I will scrap ASUU if I have my way because it’s the most useless trade Union in Nigeria but I don’t have such powers because they have as much right to associate as I have to hate on them.

Transport operators cannot exist without coming together to set acceptable standards and fight for common interest. If you ban NURTW, another association will be formed to replace it simply because nature abhors vacuum.
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 10:29pm On Mar 01, 2021
SuperBold:

Lol na just my natural defense mechanism. They shouldn't ban them, it will lead to another circumstance me and you are not ready for.

Govt should rather regulate and reorientate them about the modern ways of getting thing done.

They may not be able to regulate them. . With the money at their disposal, it will take a strong will to neutralise all the units. Igbawo ni maku oni ku. I remembered I was talking with one agbero, he said if government ban them , armed robbers mapo. I said sebi tebari nkan ji ni...
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 10:34pm On Mar 01, 2021
seunmsg:

Are you aware that NURTW and RTEAN are registered trade associations? If you scrap them, how will public transporters run their affairs? How will they regulate their trade? Who will run the various motor parks all over the state?

See, I will scrap ASUU if I have my way because it’s the most useless trade Union in Nigeria but I don’t have such powers because they have as much right to associate as I have to hate on them.

Transport operators cannot exist without coming together to set acceptable standards and fight for common interest. If you ban NURTW, another association will be formed to replace it simply because nature abhors vacuum.
Let us see what will come out of Ondo. Let them go to court if aggrevied. Their menace on the road is not different from robbers.

1 Like

Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Nobody: 11:07pm On Mar 01, 2021
Omooba77:

They may not be able to regulate them. . With the money at their disposal, it will take a strong will to neutralise all the units. Igbawo ni maku oni ku. I remembered I was talking with one agbero, he said if government ban them , armed robbers mapo. I said sebi tebari nkan ji ni...

Always hope for the best, take out of your time to give them OT too.
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 11:36pm On Mar 01, 2021
SuperBold:

Always hope for the best, take out of your time to give them OT too.

I am optimistic, but we cant continue to run a disorder society and expect normacy!
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Obalatule: 3:02am On Mar 02, 2021
SuperBold:

He said everything will be alright, Bigot are you done bigoting?

Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by plaindealer: 3:48am On Mar 02, 2021
Omooba77:

You are igbo and not all Igbos are born in abia, there are Igbos, ipob believers and sympathizers.

NURTW is the largest trade union in Nigeria with branches in every corner of Nigeria so why are you so concerned about Lagos or the need to ban NURTW in Lagos and not the rest of Nigeria?

Must be the ipob in you talking.
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by capitalzero: 4:36am On Mar 02, 2021
SuperBold:

Spit
Fulani man.
How far?
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by capitalzero: 4:46am On Mar 02, 2021
Biodun556:

Banning activities of nurtw in parks and on roads is different from banning the union from having their meetings in designated places. Ondo, oyo and ogun ban the union from controlling parks and collecting revenues for government.
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by Omooba77: 8:04am On Mar 02, 2021
plaindealer:

You are igbo and not all Igbos are born in abia, there are Igbos, ipob believers and sympathizers.

NURTW is the largest trade union in Nigeria with branches in every corner of Nigeria so why are you so concerned about Lagos or the need to ban NURTW in Lagos and not the rest of Nigeria?

Must be the ipob in you talking.

Ironu yin niye... Former SAN President suspended it in Ondo, but we continue to support lawlessness going on in Lagos. Go to major bus stops, see the holdup caused by these agberos....
Re: Can Lagos Ban NURTW And RTEAN? by OPPPS: 8:20am On Mar 02, 2021
Omooba77:

Ironu yin niye... Former SAN President suspended it in Ondo, but we continue to support lawlessness going on in Lagos. Go to major bus stops, see the holdup caused by these agberos....
You should ban NURTW at upper Iweka, Nnewi, Ochanja, 9thmile, Obosi, Orlu junction, Headbridge. IPoB Wailing about Tinubu every now and then

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Know This Will Never Probably Happen / Just Like Mazi Nnamdi Kanu Mandela Was Once Called A Terrorist / Nnamdi Kanu Is Using Your Brains

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.