Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Ikere George Dam:, An Abandoned Gold Mine: A Clarion Call Too S/WEST Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikere George Dam:, An Abandoned Gold Mine: A Clarion Call Too S/WEST Leaders (223 Views)

Osinbajo, Tinubu, Fayemi, Aregbesola Attend APC South West Leaders Parley / Osinbajo & Tinubu Meet & Greet At South-West Leaders' Meeting (Photo) / Ikere George Dam: The State Of The Abandoned Nigeria Second Largest Dam (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ikere George Dam:, An Abandoned Gold Mine: A Clarion Call Too S/WEST Leaders by Odua1stson: 10:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
IKERE GEORGE DAM:, AN ABANDONED GOLD MINE: A CLARION CALL TO S/WEST LEADERS
There is an urgent need for the six South-West governors to come together, pull resources together and complete the Ikere George Dam. It will provide direct labour for more than two million youths.
The irrigation section of the project is completed.
About twenty years ago, farmers in Iseyin contributed money to purchase fuel to power the plant and lands were allotted around NIKKO Iseyin-Oyo road, I think about 25,000 per acre then, can't vividly remember now. We went for an acre and we planted water melon and okro. It was a great experience. The dry season farm produced just like the normal rainy
season planting. We made our profit. NIKKO farm alone can produce pepper, tomatoes, Okro, cucumber, green peppers, watermelon, etc for the whole of Southwest and the whole of Benin Republic if put to use.
Besides, it will be used for fishery that will employ thousands of youth. It has the capacity to supply potable water to Oyo, Ogun and Lagos.
It can generate power that can be used by the whole of Oyo State and power all the farm machines. The environment is conducive for ranching capable of producing cows that will feed the whole of West Africa.
Leadership is all about being proactive and visionary.
Our leaders owe us a duty of turning our challenges to prospects. By completing Ikere George Dam, many of our political, economic and social problems will be
solved.
It's our duty to let our leaders see the reason why this gold mines should not be abandoned to waste. We must act NOW, tomorrow is too far!!!

Source: https://mobile./623167441525269/permalink/721956958312983/?_rdc=1&_rdr
Re: Ikere George Dam:, An Abandoned Gold Mine: A Clarion Call Too S/WEST Leaders by Nobody: 10:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
How much e go cost the states in the south west in reviving it?

The FG needs to start supporting Southern Farmers the way they do support Northern farmers

(1) (Reply)

Ayade: PIB Must Address Delisting Of CR As Oil Producing State / Another Strike Looms ASUU Declares Plan To Shut Down Universities / NINMC Officials And Their Continuous Extortions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.