Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) (823 Views)

Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. / Tell Someone How Much You Care About Them This Season / Would You Tell Your Spouse You Cheated If The Lord Asks You To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by lucretina: 1:44pm On Apr 11, 2011
In my final year at the university, there was this boy, fellow coursemate, named charles. This boy wasnt just brilliant, but was also good looking, but his problem was his breath. OMG! his breath smells like a dead skunk. then when he talks, you see saliva flying out in different directions. then another thing is, he liked me then, and was always coming, whenever he sees me with my clique. once he comes in, i call it instant dissolution of my clique, every one finds their square root, xcept me, cuz i was the one he was actually looking for,
i continued to endure this, until one day, i decided it was over, and was going to tell him, even if all hell was gonna let loose, i do not intend to die by suffocating myself, trying not to breathe in air while he is around me because he has HALITOSIS, NO! i was gonna tell him.
i started thus,
CHARLES, WHICH TOOTHPASTE DO U USE?, then he told me and then i said
I DONT THINK ITS WORKING FOR YOU, MAYBE YOU SHOULD TRY -------(i recommended one)
THIS PARTICULAR PASTE WORKS WONDERS NO MATTER HOW BAD YOUR BREATH IS, IT WILL GET RID OF THE ODOUR
THAT IS WHAT I AM USING,
did you know that come the next day, his breath started to get better, i found out he just wasnt paying much attention to his dental hygiene
up till now, he respects me so much and doesnt joke with me
if you were the one, how would you had gone about it, w;ould u have told him? or let him just continue to contaminate the air that you breathe, or simply walk away whenever you see him?
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Apr 11, 2011
I prefer to call a spade a spade.

I'll simply let him or her know their breath is bad, and it's the talk of campus. If that doesn't get him or her to pay more attention to their dental hygiene, nothing else will. It's also possible he or she could have a throat / gum infection, and may need to see a dental hygienist.
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Apr 11, 2011
@poster

Are you not the same person that opened up a thread on ''mums with perfect figure after birth''?Did you have ''your supposed kids'' out of wedlock? Because you type and sound like a teenager whose dad gave her 150naira to go browse in the cyber cafe.
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Apr 11, 2011
jennykadry:

@poster
Are you not the same person that opened up a thread on ''mums with perfect figure after birth''?Did you have ''your supposed kids'' out of wedlock? Because you type and sound like a teenager whose dad gave her 150naira to go browse in the cyber cafe.

ROTFLMBAO! Jenny, that was harsh! grin
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by LadyT(f): 9:04pm On Apr 11, 2011
grin

Jenny you have finished me ROTFLMAO!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by iice(f): 1:54am On Apr 12, 2011
Lmao grin grin

And i'm with Siena on this. I just tell the person upfront.
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by lucretina: 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2011
@jennykadry, i wonder what your problem is?
i sound like a teenager? agreed, i think you have alot of growing up to do
the best u could do was overlook the thread
some people are just pathetic
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by Pennywise(m): 6:30pm On Apr 12, 2011
I think this is a very good thread. There is a lot to learn from it. Some pple are just plain insensitive. You should know when your exhaust emission is a subject of discomfort.

Op is very tactful. No one could have done it better. I probably would have brandished a handkerchief and close my nose if I had to remain there
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by ifyalways(f): 7:08pm On Apr 12, 2011
LMAO.

I needed this,timely comedy.  cheesy

@OP,Your approach is cool.The guy too played a part,he handled it maturely,same can't be said for everyone.
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by Brite02(m): 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2011
poster
I agree with you, hit the nail hard tongue and get result wink
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 13, 2011
@lucretina

This is the reason why alotta people like me replying to threads.My replies wisen people up. Look at the mighty change in both of your posts. You are beginning to type /sound like a 39yr old pretty and intelligent woman who's just started her menopause and not 12.

Please for future reference take my advice: stop surfing the net in cheap cyber cafes. 150naira is too small ,please my dear upgrade to the 200 naira/hour ,they've got more upgraded technological system that beeps anytime you mistakenly type/sound like a 12yr old.

@siena

No tok to me oooo, tell ya iyawo to reduce the list she gave to my son that has expressed his undying loff for sienna.

@ladyt
Omo  dada. Are you single? I have got one of my rich cousins for you jare. Ya eyes is making him go gaga. Deal?
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by obowunmi(m): 6:48am On Apr 13, 2011
I have bad breath.
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by clemcykul(f): 9:45am On Apr 13, 2011
@obowumin
lol @ur bluntness.
*change paste
*when brushing ensure u brush ur tongue too, starting from inside
*avoid taking sugary/diary product regularly
*chew sugarless mint gums often
*take vitamin C for a healthy gum.

gudluck.
@poster
u did well by telling him the candid blunt truth. he is matured to have taken that without a pinch of salt. encourage him to be conscious of his breath that way on his own he will mind his dental hygiene consciously.

his mouth gat to be smell-less if he really wants a kiss in the future. tell him that!
Re: How Do You Tell Someone About His Bad Breath (bad Breath) by maclatunji: 11:47am On Apr 13, 2011
Go to a phone-call center, use their phone to send something like this to him/her:

Hello, I am sorry to tell you this, but your breath really stinks and yes I know who you are, your name is,

If we are really close and I know you can take it, I will tell you straight-up.

(1) (Reply)

If I Don't Say So, How Do You Know That I Want To Make Love? / Botox Mom: "i Made The Whole Thing Up For Money" / Woman Refuse Chemotheraphy,choosing The Life Of Her Unborn Child Over Hers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.