Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. (14498 Views)

Uk-based Wife Disrupts Wedding Between Her Husband & New Wife - pics / My Husband Went Back To Nigeria Last Christmas To Wed A New Wife - UK Woman / A Thread For "Everything Polygamy"! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by sobmos(m): 7:57am On Oct 04, 2014
I spoke to my mum,about the past,when my dad got a second wife,and she told me the feeling/feelings she had,when her husband(my dad),got another wife. To cut,the story short,she said she came back home from the market,only for another woman to open the door for her,when she demanded to know who she was,she calmly replied her that she's the new wife,my dad immediately came to the defense of the new wife(my step-mum),saying yes,it's true,that she's the new wife. My mum said,she felt like,a train just hit her. She had to continue the relationship,because of us(the children). The question to men is this,how do you tell your wife,that you want/gotten a new wife?. Women,what will be your reaction,if your husband tells you,he has gotten a new wife to be your junior wife?
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by drimpeccable(m): 8:10am On Oct 04, 2014
shocked Who does that? In this century? Mission Impossible! undecided

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 04, 2014
cry cry cry
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by cococandy(f): 8:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Your dad sha angry

Erm what will I do?
1)
Check his temperature first to see if he's still alright.
(Dude has to be suicidal to try that with me)
2)
Check the date to see if it's april fool's joke.
If neither,

Lock them both outside and call some akpuobi ppl to come and whisk them away.
Change the locks the next day.
And settle the rest in court.

11 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy: Your dad sha angry

Erm what will I do?
1)
2)
If neither,

because they are plantain leaf that you can just carry and lock outside. undecided
Please be realistic.

3 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by cococandy(f): 8:22am On Oct 04, 2014
Do you know what akpuobi means?

And what's your business how I plan to achieve it? Do you know if I have jazz?

Face the topic. Give your own response and leave mine alone
krall: because they are plantain leaf that you can just carry and lock outside. undecided
Please be realistic.

5 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by SAMBARRY: 8:29am On Oct 04, 2014
In this day and age when they still sell acid grin

abi have people forgotten the akure saga where a woman poured human faeces on a female cashier's face at the bank?

werepe and Cameroon pepper for the both of them nko? grin

werepe is so cheap. 3for 10 naira just a minute quantity. You don't have to use the 3.just little in one, spice it up with Cameroon pepper of little quantity to, just pour on their bodies but keep a distance when you are doing it so air doesn't blow it to you. If he like make e strong, e go scratch im body taya cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy: Do you know what akpuobi means?

And what's your business how I plan to achieve it? Do you know if I have jazz?

Face the topic. Give your own response and leave mine alone
this is why I fear you people.

Indulging in diabolical and fetish means and patronising "akpuobi" boys to intimidate their husbands.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by kingminded: 8:40am On Oct 04, 2014
Na mouth una dy..... dy wuld add a 2nd wife to u nd all u wuld do is to cry and adapt!!!

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by cococandy(f): 8:47am On Oct 04, 2014
If they use second wife to threaten us.
What they see is what they get grin grin
krall: this is why I fear you people.

Indulging in diabolical and fetish means and patronising "akpuobi" boys to intimidate their husbands.

10 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Tallesty1(m): 8:58am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy: Your dad sha angry

Erm what will I do?
1)
2)
If neither,

Abia.

It is possible sha.

I heard that people see/do weird things when they faint.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 8:59am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy: If they use second wife to threaten us.
Abi oo

A man bold enough to get a second shouldn't be scared of breaking the news to his dear wife

6 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Tallesty1(m): 9:00am On Oct 04, 2014
drimpeccable: shocked Who does that? In this century? Mission Impossible! undecided
lolest.

Kogi guys and Benue guys still do it............

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by cococandy(f): 9:01am On Oct 04, 2014
Have you heard the igbo adage that says "when the farmer sees something bigger than his farm,he sells his barn"

Bizzare times call for bizzare measures wink
Tallesty1:
Abia.

It is possible sha.

I heard that people see/do weird things when they faint.

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by cococandy(f): 9:06am On Oct 04, 2014
And not just that he broke the news in a subtle manner.the second wife opened the door for madam when she came back.

To be honest I think what I typed there was a bit too ladylike(even for me)

For some people with real jaguda wives,that may be their last day.

Reminds me of the man who died last year in a murder suicide case. First wife poured petrol inside their room and called darling hubby in 'to talk' then set them both ablaze. grin

Some suicidal men go just dey bring second wife when they've not written their wills.
3cycle:

Abi oo

A man bold enough to get a second shouldn't be scared of spreading the news to his dear wife

2 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by kingminded: 9:08am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy:
Have you heard the igbo adage that says "when the farmer sees something bigger than his farm,he sells his barn"

Bizzare times call for bizzare measures wink

Cococandy wan use laff kill me.... nice 1 anyway

3 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy:
And not just that he broke the news in a subtle manner.the second wife opened the door for madam when she came back.

To be honest I think what I typed there was a bit too ladylike(even for me)

For some people with real jaguda wives,that may be their last day.

Reminds me of the man who died last year in a murder suicide case. First wife poured petrol inside their room and called darling hubby in 'to talk' then set them both ablaze. grin

Some suicidal men go just dey bring second wife when they've not written their wills.

This would be the end of any ladylike attitude if another woman opens the door of MY and HIS house for me.

grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 04, 2014
cococandy:
If they use second wife to threaten us.
just thank ur god i didnt marry you. i will bring 2nd wife and you will not do me anything.
i am strong both in the lord and in the muscle.

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by cococandy(f): 9:47am On Oct 04, 2014
Go and try it with your wife first. Let's see how strong you are cheesy
krall:
just thank ur god i didnt marry you. i will bring 2nd wife and you will not do me anything.
i am strong both in the lord and in the muscle.

4 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by cococandy(f): 9:49am On Oct 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

This would be the end of any ladylike attitude if another woman opens the door of MY and HIS house for me.

grin grin grin
kingminded:

Cococandy wan use laff kill me.... nice 1 anyway
gringringrin

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 04, 2014
I wouldnt marry a man who is into polygamy in the first place. Polygamists have never been my type. But if that happens, i would give my singlehood and freedom a big kiss and a warm hug again. kiss kiss kiss

6 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 04, 2014
Lol. . This topic brought my mind back to when I was serving, an hausa corper that wouldn't let me rest. He told me then he would give me the honour of being his first wife grin grin angry... women don suffer especially in northern Nigeria (No hard feelings)...

It's well

9 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 04, 2014
^^imagine d audacity
He no dey fear?

1 Like

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 1:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
There is no big deal in getting a second wife.
I have two and still eyeing the third one.
She knew four years after our wedding (No registry - everything is purely traditional)) that I would get another woman.
She never believed it until she met her at a function wearing the same dress we put on.
You know having SW and SE women under a roof is not easy, but I am in full control.
She moved in a month after and she is there till date.
They are well educated and the third one that I am eyeing now just finished her MSc.

Someone is talking about juju, forget that thing, I get am pass some Babalawos sef. I have cash to throw around to renew and to get new juju.
Only a lazy man will be afraid of a woman just because she is diabolical.

3 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by beeevan: 2:02pm On Oct 04, 2014
I will bite my tongue and keep calm, start looking out for my own apartment. When I find and pay for it. I will charter a truck to move all furnitures and appliances from our home to my new apartment . This will be planned strategically ,commando style. The kids, furniture, appliances and myself will be gone within minutes. The only thing that won't leave with me is the building, anything I don't need ,I will sell off.

I will prepare and wait for the day he dares come for these properties . There is no way I will share with any woman without them both dying of Otapiapia, so I will leave since marriage is not by force. This is assuming that my financial investment is not in that building.....They dare not sleep and wake in a building that has my dime in it, e no fit happen.

6 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by beeevan: 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Reaction depends on what point in life this happens. If gun is usually handy, 98% percent of men that will try this dies that day grin.

4 Likes

Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 2:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
beeevan:
I will bite my tongue and keep calm, start looking out for my own apartment. When I find and pay for it. I will charter a truck to move all furnitures and appliances from our home to my new apartment . This will be planned strategically ,commando style. The kids, furniture, appliances and myself will be gone within minutes. The only thing that won't leave with me is the building, anything I don't need ,I will sell off.

I will prepare and wait for the day he dares come for these properties . There is no way I will share with any woman without them both dying of Otapiapia, so I will leave since marriage is not by force. This is assuming that my financial investment is not in that building.....They dare not sleep and wake in a building that has my dime in it, e no fit happen.

Hahaha...this is too much o.
You don't need to kill him just because of a second wife....Have you forgotten what Yoruba called "Amuni muye"?
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by chiefinalowo: 2:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
beeevan:
Reaction depends on what point in life this happens. If gun is usually handy, 98% percent of men that will try this dies that day grin.

Where did you get your stat?
I have not seen any o.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by beeevan: 2:20pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:

Where did you get your stat?
I have not seen any o.

Gun isn't handy, if it is, you did get your stats.
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by christybabe(f): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
requote author=beeevan post=26858602]Reaction depends on what point in life this happens. If gun is usually handy, 98% percent of men that will try this dies that day grin.[/quote]

This is so true, Hahahaha
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by beeevan: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:

Hahaha...this is too much o.
You don't need to kill him just because of a second wife....Have you forgotten what Yoruba called "Amuni muye"?

The reason i will leave is to avoid that,assuming my money is not in the building he brought another woman to. If it is...
Re: Polygamy: Men: How Do You Tell Your Wife,you've Gotten A New Wife. by Nobody: 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
chiefinalowo:
There is no big deal in getting a second wife.
I have two and still eyeing the third one.
She knew four years after our wedding (No registry - everything is purely traditional)) that I would get another woman.
She never believed it until she met her at a function wearing the same dress we put on.
You know having SW and SE women under a roof is not easy, but I am in full control.
She moved in a month after and she is there till date.
They are well educated and the third one that I am eyeing now just finished her MSc.

Someone is talking about juju, forget that thing, I get am pass some Babalawos sef. I have cash to throw around to renew and to get new juju.
Only a lazy man will be afraid of a woman just because she is diabolical.

See achievement.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband Forgot My Birthday :-( / 5 Benefits Of Having Self-love / 20 contemporary Ibibio Names And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.