Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,298 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

#NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu (12430 Views)

Willie Obiano Drinking Water In EFCC Custody (Video) / Village in IKWO LGA In Ebonyi State Where There Is No Water Or Boreholes / Nigerian Soldier In Chad Cries Out: No Water, Much Mosquitoes, Snakes, Scorpions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Randy100: 11:28am On Mar 04, 2021
more like no water in female hostel.

1 Like

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by ikorodureporta: 11:28am On Mar 04, 2021
na Rocky geology cause am

2 Likes

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Franckelv230: 11:29am On Mar 04, 2021
AlphaLover:
See is this why you are disturbing cyber space ?

Your estate has water problem and you won't let us hear ?

Oga dis happens everywhere pls grow up and go fetch water abeg

Every small thing u people come to internet to cry. This happened in america when gas pipes froze and electricity went out for some days there was no water now it's happening in enugu u are crying

Very weak man

Guy Enugu always lack water in dry seasons.

Most well dry up during this period. With majority not having borehole, their fate always lye in hands of water retailers( tankers)
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Whois(m): 11:32am On Mar 04, 2021
Even inside Nysc camp at agwu, rumor has it that the camp is the oldest Nysc camp yet "the camp" doesn't have running water till date. Living condition there is nothing to write home about.
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Kudejo: 11:33am On Mar 04, 2021
God punish Tinubu, he has already drank all the water that was meant for Enugu
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Refinedbeing(m): 11:36am On Mar 04, 2021
Wawu. It's same in many parts of Abeokuta and Ibadan. Funniest part is that Nigeria have Water ministry. grin Ridiculous. Minister of Water whatever but the people provides the water for themselves yet minister receive salary and benefits monthly. Joke of a country.
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Brian47(m): 11:39am On Mar 04, 2021
I swear Enugu people are suffering.
I left Kaduna to Enugu for Christmas celebration last year but I didn't plan to stay this long then before you know it UNN announced they were doing post utme and my parents had to go back and I stayed in Enugu.
What I've seen here eh, I had no idea ppl still buy water from tankers until I came here cos that business went out of existence a long time ago in Kaduna. And also here in Enugu people buy gallons of water from a person that has borehole for 10 naria while back in Kd people that has bore hole give water for free.
Here a bag of water is 150 naria while in Kd its 80-100 because there's a lot of pure water factories there.
Enugu is just not blessed with water

6 Likes

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:40am On Mar 04, 2021
Simplyleo:
Okay, noted.

I just hope Tinubu is notified as soon as possible.

So he can address the problem without delay.

Is Tinubu aware that is school exist in Ogun state

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnq6GG-xZYQ

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by prince2pac(m): 11:42am On Mar 04, 2021
Kayberg:
Let the people come together, contribute, dig a borehole and manage it themselves. Relying on this government is a waste of time. Whatever you can do to ease your own suffering, JUST DO IT!

In my area here, we all contributed to buy all 3 pieces of 500KVA transformer, poles, cables and all accessories. We still pay exhorbitantly for the electricity. Each house either has a borehole or well. Private water storage tanks everywhere.

If we were to rely on government, won't we have died of thirst/draught? Or would we have had any electricity? So you guys too should gear up, contribute, do it for yourselves. Let the LG Chairmen and other government arms responsible for these things answer to GOD for their irresponsibility.
bro it's not easy drilling in some parts of Enugu, I work with some drilling guys (plumber), Una go ascend finish nothing or small ground water. some places too are very hard.

so the government is supposed to link them through ministry of water

2 Likes

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by airminem(f): 11:43am On Mar 04, 2021
That minister of water fulani man should resign for making people suffer in the south
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by noegenesis(m): 11:43am On Mar 04, 2021
There's "scarcity of water in Enugu..." is relative to what its used to be.
4 me, I showered in the morning and will shower at night.

Water runs but not as its used to. I have GP tank. Tap water gets it filled and am fine.
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by seguno2: 11:43am On Mar 04, 2021
Simplyleo:
Okay, noted.

Are you so simple to shoot yourself in the head with this your comment?
Is the entire Lagos state having tap water after 22 years of Tinubu’s stranglehold on the sophisticated and educated Lagosians who brag about their huge IGR and third economy in Africa despite being a trash can, like most of our country

1 Like

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by seguno2: 11:45am On Mar 04, 2021
airminem:
That minister of water fulani man should resign for making people suffer in the south

Tap water is a state matter, dear sister. Thanks
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Faber(m): 11:45am On Mar 04, 2021
AlphaLover:

Every small thing u people come to internet to cry. This happened in america when gas pipes froze and electricity went out for some days there was no water now it's happening in enugu u are crying

Very weak man

One area wey there sumo spoil no get water and the guy come dey disturb us.

To slap the guy dey guy dey hungry me sef
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by seguno2: 11:47am On Mar 04, 2021
Kayberg:
Let the people come together, contribute, dig a borehole and manage it themselves. Relying on this government is a waste of time. Whatever you can do to ease your own suffering, JUST DO IT!

In my area here, we all contributed to buy all 3 pieces of 500KVA transformer, poles, cables and all accessories. We still pay exhorbitantly for the electricity. Each house either has a borehole or well. Private water storage tanks everywhere.

If we were to rely on government, won't we have died of thirst/draught? Or would we have had any electricity? So you guys too should gear up, contribute, do it for yourselves. Let the LG Chairmen and other government arms responsible for these things answer to GOD for their irresponsibility.

Is that how oyinbo people allow their public servants answer to God, such that Enugu people are fasting and praying for the chance to risk their life through the Sahara desert and the Mediterranean Sea to hang in Europe
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by AlphaLover: 11:48am On Mar 04, 2021
Faber:

I swear d tin dey vex me

Everywhere na so so weak men plenty
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by airminem(f): 11:49am On Mar 04, 2021
seguno2:

Tap water is a state matter, dear sister. Thanks
Great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by seguno2: 11:50am On Mar 04, 2021
AlphaLover:

Very weak man

Faber:

You should commit homicide by slapping yourself and the poster you quoted.

No wonder chinkos and oyinbos sometimes think that our brains are as black as our skin.
SMH!
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by sammirano: 11:51am On Mar 04, 2021
Eeya, Igbos have absolutely nothing. yet they make noise upanddown. E pele. we are sending trucks to you from the home of waters. LAGOS..
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by airminem(f): 11:51am On Mar 04, 2021
Brian47:
I left Kaduna to Enugu for Christmas celebration last year but I didn't plan to stay this long then before you know it UNN announced they were doing post utme and my parents had to go back and I stayed in Enugu.
What I've seen here eh, I had no idea ppl still buy water from tankers until I came here cos that business went out of existence a long time ago in Kaduna. And also here in Enugu people buy gallons of water from a person that has borehole for 10 naria while back in Kd people that has bore hole give water for free.
Here a bag of water is 150 naria while in Kd its 80-100 because there's a lot of pure water factories there.
Where in sabo are you staying?
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by dimanche4real(m): 11:57am On Mar 04, 2021
Kayberg:

Not that people cannot afford drilling boreholes but the challenge is that Enugu has a thick layer of COAL DEPOSIT beneath the earth surface. You will have to drill across the COAL DEPOSIT before you can get sustainable portable water. That is a very difficult mission.

Even to dig a well you can only go some feet's deep and you can't dig further because of the deposit. At that level you can't get a sustainable quantity of water.

The public water supply that would have brought remedy is in a terrible condition and the government doesn't care about it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by AstroG: 12:04pm On Mar 04, 2021
dimanche4real:

Not that people cannot afford drilling boreholes but the challenge is that Enugu has a thick layer of COAL DEPOSIT beneath the earth surface. You will have to drill across the COAL DEPOSIT before you can get sustainable portable water. That is a very difficult mission.

Even to dig a well you can only go some feet's deep and you can't dig further because of the deposit. At that level you can't get a sustainable quantity of water.

The public water supply that would have brought remedy is in a terrible condition and the government doesn't care about it.

Exactly,I dug a borehole though but the cost took me close to 2m for it to be actualized.

This Enugu state government is the worse,during the last administration,running taps were installed in almost everywhere in the City to the extent that it reached abakpa.

Sullivan Chime,anywhere you are

YOU'RE A SAINT

4 Likes

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by 8stargeneral: 12:07pm On Mar 04, 2021
was there last weekend the scarcity of water in Enugu is very alarming....Government need to do something seriously about it...Very lovely state to reside.
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Sleekfingers: 12:11pm On Mar 04, 2021
valentineuwakwe:
nothing new as it happens everywhere sometimes....Texas experience such recently!

so because Texas experience such recently....it should happen here too......i believe you know that they well structured water supply in Texas and other states in the united states...... So it hardly happens.......

Nigeria got zero water supply structure.....how many people get access to portable water in nigeria? Comparing what happened in Texas to nigeria useless water supply...is like comparing sleep with death......

Even down here in lagos....water supply is epileptic.....not all areas in lagos get their water from lagos water cooperation......no be borehole people dey dig?
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Sagay212: 12:13pm On Mar 04, 2021
AlphaLover:

Very weak man

No mind am. Even people wey dey live for Lekki dey experience water scarcity. Come to Lagos and see how people queue up to fetch water. That's why nigerians need to get serious with their leaders. You have LG chairmen but everybody ignore them and allow them do anything they like. You have senators and rep members both state and federal, nobody is asking them questions or putting pressure on them. You LG chairmen will be in their mansions enjoying and when we see them we hail them instead of beating them to coma.

4 Likes

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Grandmeister(m): 12:14pm On Mar 04, 2021
dimanche4real:

My village compound in Abia state has a small deposit of coal beneath and we hear am before we could bypass the 15 feet later of coal. We were charged 450k to drill the borehole. They said drilling in Enugu using the normal manual drill is virtually impossible! You need industrial drilling equipment and that costs millions. It’s a tough one in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Sleekfingers: 12:16pm On Mar 04, 2021
Refinedbeing:
Wawu. It's same in many parts of Abeokuta and Ibadan. Funniest part is that Nigeria have Water ministry. grin Ridiculous. Minister of Water whatever but the people provides the water for themselves yet minister receive salary and benefits monthly. Joke of a country.

same here too in lagos......what a country.......

In Fela kuti's voice.......na so so water for africa....plenty plenty water for africa.....water underground , overground, water in the air....ordinary water for man to drink now nko......e no dey.......gimme water drink...i wan die ooo
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by calyto: 12:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Simplyleo:
Okay, noted.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Beverlyjean(f): 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2021
BUSHHUNTER:
My love for Enugu ladies is unexplainable.

I don't know who needs to hear this, whenever you want to marry... please go for ENUGU, Ohafia part of Abia is okay too.

PLEASE AND PLEASE! run from IMO State!!

Imo state- Runs girls Akwuna!.

Enugu girls are very stubborn and primitive
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Boy2boy: 12:42pm On Mar 04, 2021
Brian47:
What I've seen here eh, I had no idea ppl still buy water from tankers until I came here cos that business went out of existence a long time ago in Kaduna. [/b]And also here in Enugu people buy gallons of water from a person that has borehole for 10 naria[b] while back in Kd people that has bore hole give water for free.

A 20litre keg is now #60 in my area (Uwani) here in Enugu. You will even be happy you get where to buy, it's so terrible here

1 Like

Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by Litmus: 1:21pm On Mar 04, 2021
12 Ak-47= $14,400 (N5,925,600)
Borehole and waterpump = $11,700 (N4,814,550)
Re: #NoWaterInEnugu: No Water In Enugu by desmond2pk: 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2021
It has always been like that in enugu

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dele Alake: Why Some People Are Jealous Of Bola Tinubu / 2023: Court Bars PDP From Suspending Samuel Ortom / Kano APC To Tribunal: NNPP Has No Candidate | Declare Gawuna Governor-Elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.