Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,353 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" (10554 Views)

Defend Yourselves Against Bandits’ Invasion – CAN Tells Southern Kaduna / Do Not Waste Your Votes On Labour Party-dogara Tells Southern Kaduna Residents. / FG Asks Power Discos To Buckle Down Or Leave The Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Ayomi90: 9:09am On Mar 04, 2021
360degreess:
.Talk is cheap..But seriously North strong 4 this country ooo.imagine south west without beef,kpomo,food stuffs..if the north has agriculture,south south has oil,what does the west have?grin. grin. grin.
SS will eat their oil. Mumuni. SW have higher percentage of surviving than other southern region. The education is there, they av port nd they have fertile land.

Does SE or SS have fertile land? Land spoilt with oil spillage or the Eastern land ravaged with erosion

1 Like

Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by saajus: 9:11am On Mar 04, 2021
They should buckle up on security first. Many farmers in Ondo, Ogun, and Oyo have stopped going to farm. Maybe it's time we start thinking of indoor greenhouse farming. We can use it as a backup plan until our farms are safe again.
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by seyz91(m): 9:13am On Mar 04, 2021
Experts indeed'

it doesn't require any expert input to know this though undecided
adenigga:

https://m.guardian.ng/News/Buckle-up-on-food-production-experts-warn-South-governors

Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Sicilyjoe: 9:16am On Mar 04, 2021
tripleaventures:

Our Items Available right now for sale...
FLAT SCREEN TV 22 INCHES - 22k
FLAT SCREEN TV 11 INCHES - 12k
SMALL TECNO PHONE -2k
STABILIZER 2000VA - 10k
LASERJET PRINTER - 20k
GOTV DECODER - 4k
DVD PLAYER - 4K
BLUETOOTH HEADSET - 3k
DJACK HOME THEATER - 18k
They are all slightly negotiable

Can I see pictures of djack and phone ?
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by onomeabuja: 9:23am On Mar 04, 2021
tripleaventures:
this is not scam... Bro, have I ever scam you?
my brother don.t mind that one that sees everytin in his life as SCAM...thats y he refused paying his tithes & giving his offerings because his medula oblaganta reads scam to his skull..... ( na una de spoil person garri so)
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by deeva2: 9:25am On Mar 04, 2021
tripleaventures:
this is not scam... Bro, have I ever scam you?

OK...UR PHN NUMBER
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by precious1967(m): 9:32am On Mar 04, 2021
no more land in SW for farming except for factories, estates and buildings
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by sulaak(m): 9:33am On Mar 04, 2021
360degreess:
.Talk is cheap..But seriously North strong 4 this country ooo.imagine south west without beef,kpomo,food stuffs..if the north has agriculture,south south has oil,what does the west have?grin. grin. grin.

Industry and services
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by ZooOga: 9:35am On Mar 04, 2021
The BBNaija generation has become too cute, soft, pampered to tend to the soil and do husbandry of livestock.
dem want money the easy and fast way. robbing/stealing, oloshoism, yahoo... etc. wink

a few current events examples undecided

"Akiolu: #EndSARS Hoodlums Stole $2m, N17m From My Palace - Oba Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland"

"EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland"

"Big Dreams Nigeria Talent Show Appreciates Sponsors, Partners Ahead 2021 - TV/Movies - Nairaland"
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Klington: 9:40am On Mar 04, 2021
If they are still waiting for experts to tell to massively embrace agriculture, ensure fulani herdsmen no longer destroy farms in South, then they're irredeemably useless
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Redcrafton: 9:42am On Mar 04, 2021
post=99592862:
IN UNITY WE STAND

#OneNigeriaForever

Which unity?

Ogbe===ni please use the dictionary to check the meaning of unity and you will find that, it should NEVER be used beside the word Nigeria.

Check the two images below and see if they can cause unity.

Most of you self serving hypocrites think you can deceive gullible people.

Unity comes naturally when the constitution is followed and all citizens have a sense of belonging.

This is the LAW.

1 Like

Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by sulaak(m): 9:45am On Mar 04, 2021
Nylonbag:
Nonsense those experts should enter the bush and start farming,I think we should make an industrialized southern region rather than trying to go into farming that we are not good at

The SW is the 5th largest cultivator of Cocoa and largest cultivator of Cassava in the world. Thailand generated $2 billion from exporting Cassava starch. The SW must stop producing agriculture graduate and start investing in security, farming and agro-processing. This is a wake up call that Nigeria has no future.

Apart from Nigeria, other major tropical developing countries that produce cassava include Brazil, Thailand, Indonesia and Zaire. Nigeria's over 60,000 metric tons are almost totally processed and consumed locally.

1 Like

Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Fahdiga(m): 10:02am On Mar 04, 2021
Oshigun:

I actually feel you on this. Can't say we can put this past the North at all. I have been personally shocked at the wickedness and complicity of their leaders over this whole banditry thing in the South.

No single Northern leader, from political leaders to religious or traditional leader, has take a contrite or apologetic position towards the South over what the region has suffered at the hands of Fulani marauders yet we talk of 'one Nigeria'. They sponsor the killing of their own people and armed Fulani bandits with AK47 as one repentant bandit leader confessed. Poisoning food of Southerners would therefore be no wahala for them.

We should go back to agriculture in the South and achieve food sufficiency. Yet the main problem this would bring is immediate and corresponding poverty in the North that would send many of them down South if Nigeria is still one. That would be a far more devastating development at this point when it is looking like we all hate each other and are only pretending to get along.

In the South we should stop reaction blindly and automatically. We must begin planning for all future eventualities.
I agree with your submission. in this case I think the biggest problem we the southerners have is our foolish and greedy governors. they hoard and loot all the agricultural grants given to farmers by both the FG and world bank. I've seen where they re bagged fertilizer given to farmers by the world bank and started selling it to the same people that should have collected it for free. but in the north their governors ensure that farmers under their leadership got what they needed to venture into mechanized farming
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by nograv: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2021
Kriss216:
The truth is, Southern Governors are all Fulani slaves. We shouldn't expect anything from them if you want to move Southern Nigeria to a greater height.

I agree, the behaviour of the current crop of southern leaders betrays them.

They are weak and come 2023 they should be replaced by leaders who have the best of intentions towards their people and the greater Southern Nigeria region.
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Sambai65(m): 10:18am On Mar 04, 2021
saajus:
They should buckle up on security first. Many farmers in Ondo, Ogun, and Oyo have stopped going to farm. Maybe it's time we start thinking of indoor greenhouse farming. We can use it as a backup plan until our farms are safe again.
did you even know how much is one pen of greenhouse���
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by FriendNG: 10:19am On Mar 04, 2021
Heavensent01:
North are the one blocking foods supply, they're the one appealing to themselves for food supply that only benefit their accounts

these useless people lack of knowledge on economic policies led us to this disaster at asorock

how would a food supply who have only one customer be doing shakara for his customer just to prove a political and ethnicity point?

I barely eat what North bring to Southwest, we grow our onions and yam, and I eat turkey not their imbecilic cow

north can go fúck their cow as they used to do, it is unfortunate Hausa people are supporting these Fulani that have their cow in Southwest but they told you to block your business you bring down to Southwest? is it not enough to conclude that Hausa people are the most dumbest in Nigeria tribe?

But you decided to attack innocent Hausa traders in the southwest.
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by olowo1930: 10:26am On Mar 04, 2021
Time for South west to wake up. No government will ever help you plan about your success but oneself, all experts opinion are good can they do it? To talk is cheap but power to act is costly and unity to achieve
is never their.

1 Like

Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by MENELIIK: 10:31am On Mar 04, 2021
Heavensent01:

the west have agriculture too, we only lost our cultural heritage because of civilization

ise agbe ni ise ile Wa, Yoruba are known to be a farmers before everyone is now facing one direction. it's time to go back to the root

beside what does the Southeast has?

You don't have information, South East is blessed with Erosion
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by tripleaventures(m): 10:37am On Mar 04, 2021
deeva2:

OK...UR PHN NUMBER
if you are ready for it now. Give me your number, I will call you immediately with my number
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by MansoryMX(m): 10:46am On Mar 04, 2021
360degreess:

Parte after parte grin

[img]https://media./images/fc60d29b491774d6addabd1a2292cc16/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by MansoryMX(m): 10:50am On Mar 04, 2021
Redcrafton:

Which unity?

Ogbe===ni please use the dictionary to check the meaning of unity and you will find that, it should NEVER be used beside the word Nigeria.

Check the two images below and see if they can cause unity.

Most of you self serving hypocrites think you can deceive gullible people.

Unity comes naturally when the constitution is followed and all citizens have a sense of belonging.

This is the LAW.

Nigeria has no constitution. We are just a bunch of clueless people forcing ourselves to live with each other. No vision, Blurred Future and sinking economy. Doomsday isn’t far at all for Nigeria as a nation.
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by codemaniacs: 10:54am On Mar 04, 2021
Ayomi90:

SS will eat their oil. Mumuni. SW have higher percentage of surviving than other southern region. The education is there, they av port nd they have fertile land.

Does SE or SS have fertile land? Land spoilt with oil spillage or the Eastern land ravaged with erosion
MENELIIK:

You don't have information, South East is blessed with Erosion

land spoilt with oil spillage and land ravaged with erosion can build greenhouse farms..
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Carlylepneuma: 11:31am On Mar 04, 2021
noise makers...
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Ayomi90: 12:38pm On Mar 04, 2021
codemaniacs:

land spoilt with oil spillage and land ravaged with erosion can build greenhouse farms..

Show us ur greenhouse farm
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Charly68: 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2021
Don't mind the clueless governor's ,they have refused to learn from Awolowo..they add no value at all..no plan ,no vision..all they do is sharing money up and down.. is it norther food supply strike that suppose to be teaching them what to do..?

1 Like

Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Heavensent01(m): 1:52pm On Mar 04, 2021
FriendNG:

But you decided to attack innocent Hausa traders in the southwest.

Sasha crisis would have been avoidable if you people do sensitize your people on staying away from violence

which non northerners will kill northerner in North and North won't retaliate? average Yoruba don't stake their lives as you do in North. relieving the food blockade won't stop retaliation of any harm of Yoruba people

times for north stupidity is over in Southwest
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by deeva2: 1:53pm On Mar 04, 2021
tripleaventures:
if you are ready for it now. Give me your number, I will call you immediately with my number

lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....For your mind
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by Princewell2012(m): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
anochuko01:
But they need to get rid of the fulanis from the forests before this can be possible.

Hmm good one. maybe that is why they refused to leave our forest, so that fear we not allow us to go into agriculture fully. As you rightly said, the only way the south can achieve this feat is when Fulani herdsmen leave the forest or maximum security puts in place.

1 Like

Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by joefelin2345: 6:02pm On Mar 04, 2021
precious1967:
no more land in SW for farming except for factories, estates and buildings
I quite agreed with you on this point to some extent but there are still more uncultivated land in the region. Many thanks.

1 Like

Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by DedeNkem: 6:51pm On Mar 04, 2021
The North stupidly and mistakenly reminded the South to start industrial farming to wean South off Northern farm produce.
Re: Experts Tells Southern Governors To "Buckle Up On Food Production" by DedeNkem: 6:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
Unfortunately, South-Eastern governors are idiots. They're only focused on looting. They're not proactive like the South-West governors!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun PDP, Babayemi Trade Accusations Over Court Case / South-East Civil Societies Lament Difficulty In Obtaining, PVCs, / Ohanaeze Queries Cbn’s N100m Donation To Boko Haram Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.