Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,117 members, 7,856,468 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 08:10 PM

Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs (47290 Views)

Pulling Out Parade For Former Chief Of Defence Staff General Lucky Irabor / President Buhari Promotes Hajo Sani, Aisha’s Aide / Buhari Promotes Lamidi Adeosun To Lieutenant General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by gidgiddy: 2:35am On Mar 06, 2021
Eastlink:
Imagine how you are disgracing yourself openly. Keep up the PDP paid job, you and other fellow IPOB youths.

Just because you don’t want Buhari to take the glory, you now want to deny General Lucky his Igbo identity. Even if Buhari had picked from the SE you’ll still pick faults in it.

Sorry bro, but everyone, including your 4 star general, knows that 'Irabor' is not an Igbo name.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by gidgiddy: 2:45am On Mar 06, 2021
Igboid:
Gidigidi, you have misrepresented Ndiigbo here.

You don't know an Agbor man from Edoid Ozanogogo by the surnames.

When two ethnic groups live side by side with each other, they seem to exchange names inter border which are usually caused by intermarriage.
An Agbor man that married an Edo woman would have some of his children bearing Edo names, these Edo first names in two generations becomes surnames.

We have same issue with some Nsukka people bearing Igala names and some Ezza/Izzi people bearing Idoma names.

Do you know that Prof Pat Utomi surname is Edoid?
Utomi is Igbonization of the Edo name Utomwem. Would you now say Utomi is not an Igbo man? Nope! These things are a lot more complex than you think.

So what is the evidence that Lucky Irabor is Igbo man? None whatsoever. So I have to go by what his surname tells me, it tells me he is an Edo man
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Idiko1: 3:32am On Mar 06, 2021
NORSYK:
He was double promoted and skipped the rank of Lieutenant General.
His position is a mere ceremonial

Why do most Nigerians dwell in nonsensical conjectures? Where was it written that the position of Chief of Defense Staff is ceremonial? The government skipped the rank of Lieutenant General to avoid any doubt who is the boss. As a general and with military parlance, he, Gen Irabor can give order to his subordinates, including the service chiefs, and expect them to obey the order as their superior.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Idiko1: 3:37am On Mar 06, 2021
RICHSATAN:

my surname is martins does that mean i am from europe

cc..iboboyswag grin

Capital yes!!! You have explain how you got Martins as your surname if you in the USA and not African American.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Idiko1: 3:49am On Mar 06, 2021
beauty7:

It is not always that someone must go from Major General to Lieutenant General.

You can go from Major General to either Lieutenant General or General.

It is acceptable in the military.

Skipping of rank is acceptable in the military.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by ikwikwi: 5:31am On Mar 06, 2021
Good and well deserved. We are looking forward for a better security. Congrats
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Moodle: 6:40am On Mar 06, 2021
heniford2:
are you okey how this one take be igbo man

This is his full name...Lucky Eluonye Onyenuchea Irabor

If the person never come from Anambra, Imo, Abia Enugu or Ebonyi....to ipob that person is not Igbo... especially based on political appointment.

But, paradventure, the person becomes a very successful being..una go run claim am...dey shout Amaka up-and-down....the case of Ngozi Okonjo-iweala from the same Delta as Lucky Irabor

Una never get Biafra... you've started discriminating

This is why South-South people are susceptible of you people.

You think South-South no get sense? Wake up Igbos...this is 2021

If or when separation will come...South-South will stand on their own....why should they attach to another parasite when the opportunity to stand alone is there?

thebosstrevor1
garfield1
gidgiddy
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by luluosas(m): 6:46am On Mar 06, 2021
Awwal Gambo, chief of naval staff, a pure Islamic fulani from Northern Nigeria

Daum:
Agbor people
You people have a 4 star General now...
You guys are flexing sha

You now have a university also.

Also the little birds in the air whispered to me that the chief of Naval staff is from somewhere in the south south.....hehehehe
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Daum: 6:58am On Mar 06, 2021
luluosas:
Awwal Gambo, chief of naval staff, a pure Islamic fulani from Northern Nigeria

Okay
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by chrisblack: 7:03am On Mar 06, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
This is an igbo General but the igbos wont agree because he is from delta state
how can irabor be of igbo extraction. Why always seeing obvious stuff and you people deemed it necessary to lie. No igbo general is deemed worthy in the whole setup. Even the most effective Lt Gen Adeosun was removed. Thats one Nigeria for you. Irabor is not an igbo name,it's of Benin origin.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Miracle1991: 7:27am On Mar 06, 2021
gidgiddy:

Anyim is is an Igbo surname, it is actually a shorter version of Ifeanyi. It imeans 'not impossible for me'
you can only lie to yourself.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by tishbite41(m): 7:48am On Mar 06, 2021
Rugaria:

Whether his surname is Irabor or gidgiddy is not the issue. If he says he's igbo and comes from igboland irrespective of zones, he IS DEFINITELY igbo! If he says he's not, then he's not! We have to keep it like this in order to play safe! Two funny looking brats named Chubuike Amaechi and Nyesomghosa Wikevie are from the same ancestral family in ObiaAkpor LGA of Rivers State. One said he is igbo, (though we still remember his infamous outburst;"are we Biafrans"?), The other says he walked down to Port Harcourt from the ancient Benin kingdom while in a trance! The same family, two different takes!
It's confusing, but we will still find ways to pick the grains and leave the chaffs for the convulsing zoo...
Thanks for this insightful talk.

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by tishbite41(m): 7:56am On Mar 06, 2021
garfield1:

Oga it is a big deal if not most of them will refuse to skip ranks.how many nigerians can do that? How many nigerians can pass over a chance to promote themselves rapidly? Buhari might have many failings but he is disciplined,incorrupt,pious and not moved to looting...
abeg spare us this trash.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Hairyrapunzel: 8:02am On Mar 06, 2021
gidgiddy:

All these people are Ika, including Lucky Irabor. However, Ika has an Edoid minority and the Ediod minority can be usually be identified by their surname. Irabor is a well known Edo surname. Lucky Irabor is an Ika man of the Edo minority

Here you lie. You don't know anything about Ika people. There is nothing like edoid minority. Same language and almost every village in Ikaland has the Irabor surname. It's a very common name amongst Ika people.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Hairyrapunzel: 8:09am On Mar 06, 2021
gidgiddy:

All these people are Ika, including Lucky Irabor. However, Ika has an Edoid minority and the Ediod minority can be usually be identified by their surname. Irabor is a well known Edo surname. Lucky Irabor is an Ika man of the Edo minority
What we have is edo state. The implication of what you are saying is that Ngozi Okonjo is Igbo but of Delta minority. Edo state has the following people: Benin, Esan, Owan, Afemai, Ika. If edo is a tribe then delta is also a tribe.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Fianze93(m): 8:11am On Mar 06, 2021
molbic:
well from my own understanding stella oduah is married to an edo man hence the surname oduah, another name for obaze in Igbo language is anyari meaning albino ,oseloka and osadebe also has a kinda edo name in it but still has a meaning in Igbo language which means what one is thinking or what someone kept my opinion though

Oseloka is dielectal (Ogbahu dialect) same as Osadebe.

Oseloka is same as OLISAELOKA (God's thoughts are well conceived or rational)

Osadebe is OLISADEBEM (God Preserve/keep me)
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Holak: 10:32am On Mar 06, 2021
The Vice President didn't assist anything. He was just an on-looker, same role he is playing in Aso Rock
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Solatium(m): 11:50am On Mar 06, 2021
wwwihy:
[/s]

Dumb

Wèrè wet no know wey we dey teach,your smart phone is there for you to cross-check.
Na so una dey fail for school.
Retard
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by gidgiddy: 12:13pm On Mar 06, 2021
Moodle:

This is his full name...Lucky Eluonye Onyenuchea Irabor

If the person never come from Anambra, Imo, Abia Enugu or Ebonyi....to ipob that person is not Igbo... especially based on political appointment.

But, paradventure, the person becomes a very successful being..una go run claim am...dey shout Amaka up-and-down....the case of Ngozi Okonjo-iweala from the same Delta as Lucky Irabor

Una never get Biafra... you've started discriminating

This is why South-South people are susceptible of you people.

You think South-South no get sense? Wake up Igbos...this is 2021

If or when separation will come...South-South will stand on their own....why should they attach to another parasite when the opportunity to stand alone is there?

First and second name can be be anything. It is surname that matters most and everyone knows that 'Irabor' is an Edo surname

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Maliqcious: 2:52pm On Mar 06, 2021
Irabor is an Edo name.. If not for IBB. 70% of all the tribe in Delta state have their Ancestorial origin from Benin Abor, Itsekiri, Urhobo and isoko
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by blaqoracle: 2:49am On Mar 08, 2021
obynzo:

Ika is an igbo sub group. Why are you people being this daft
[b]is that what ika told you?
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by blaqoracle: 2:50am On Mar 08, 2021
obynzo:

Ika is an igbo sub group. Why are you people being this daft
[b]is that what ika told you? As long as the family is irabor, he is an Edo man.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Tranquill: 4:36am On Mar 08, 2021
Rugaria:

Whether his surname is Irabor or gidgiddy is not the issue. If he says he's igbo and comes from igboland irrespective of zones, he IS DEFINITELY igbo! If he says he's not, then he's not! We have to keep it like this in order to play safe! Two funny looking brats named Chubuike Amaechi and Nyesomghosa Wikevie are from the same ancestral family in ObiaAkpor LGA of Rivers State. One said he is igbo, (though we still remember his infamous outburst;"are we Biafrans"?), The other says he walked down to Port Harcourt from the ancient Benin kingdom while in a trance! The same family, two different takes!
It's confusing, but we will still find ways to pick the grains and leave the chaffs for the convulsing zoo...

How you guys fabricate stories to push your stupi.d nonse. nse is so amusing. How is Amaechi and Wike from the same ancestral family in Obio/Akpo? They are both not from the same town nor local government area even. Where or when has Amaechi ever come out to say "I am an Igbo man". I have heard him talk about 'my igboness' which could mean anything or that he could speak Igbo language but show me where he said "I am an Igbo man"
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Igboid: 5:34am On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:

There are a lot of igbos from the 5 eastern states who bear non igbo names or surnames like victor agor,Stella oduah,oseloka obaze,anyim pius, etc

Oduah is an Igbo name , likewise Oseloka and Anyim.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Igboid: 5:38am On Mar 08, 2021
Tranquill:

How you guys fabricate stories to push your stupi.d nonse. nse is so amusing. How is Amaechi and Wike from the same ancestral family in Obio/Akpo? They are both not from the same town nor local government area even. Where or when has Amaechi ever come out to say "I am an Igbo man". I have heard him talk about 'my igboness' which could mean anything or that he could speak Igbo language but show me where he said "I am an Igbo man"

Speaking before a crowd of supporters at the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign in Aba, Abia state, Amaechi said: I am a bona fide Igbo man.

“My name is Amaechi, but President Jonathan who says his name is Azikiwe cannot speak the Igbo language.”

“He says his name Ebele; let him speak Igbo and let us see.”

https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language/amp

Even though personally I think Amaechi is a dubious Ikwerre man with nothing to offer Ndiigbo, even though i believe Ikwerre as an ethnic group has nothing to offer Ndiigbo and that Ohanaeze should put out a public statement denoucing Ikwerre and expelling all Ikwerre in the organization,but it is also truth that the dubious Ikwerre man has many times in the past called himself Igbo.

Above he said : "I am a bonafide Igbo man".

2 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Tranquill: 6:08am On Mar 08, 2021
Igboid:

Speaking before a crowd of supporters at the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential campaign in Aba, Abia state, Amaechi said: I am a bona fide Igbo man.

“My name is Amaechi, but President Jonathan who says his name is Azikiwe cannot speak the Igbo language.”

“He says his name Ebele; let him speak Igbo and let us see.”

https://www.thecable.ng/amaechi-im-igbo-jonathan-says-name-azikiwe-cant-speak-language/amp

Even though personally I think Amaechi is a dubious Ikwerre man with nothing to offer Ndiigbo, even though i believe Ikwerre as an ethnic group has nothing to offer Ndiigbo and that Ohanaeze should put out a public statement denoucing Ikwerre and expelling all Ikwerre in the organization,but it is also truth that the dubious Ikwerre man has many times in the past called himself Igbo.

Above he said : "I am a bonafide Igbo man".

Shut the crap you big foool! What has Igbo got to offer Ikwerre people with your dubious ways of life and repulsive reputation you have acquired both home and abroad.
They have been sentencing your drug peddling brothers to death in Vietnam, Cambodia, China etc in the past week and that is what you should be thinking about than coming to nairaland to insult your forefathers. Ode nla!
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Igboid: 6:19am On Mar 08, 2021
Tranquill:

Shut the crap you big foool! What has Igbo got to offer Ikwerre people with your dubious ways of life and repulsive reputation you have acquired both home and abroad.
They have been sentencing your drug peddling brothers to death in Vietnam, Cambodia, China etc in the past week and that is what you should be thinking about than coming to nairaland to insult your forefathers. Ode nla!

Where is your Ikwerre Okonjo Iweala? Where is your Jay Jay Okocha, Kanu, Iheanacho?

Has an Ikwerre man ever made a positive impact on the world stage?

Ndiigbo play in the big league both in the world of excellence and in the dark world. We are big players. Your Ikwerre group has nothing to offer. Nothing at all.

Tell your Ikwerre people like Amaechi and Uche Okwukwu to stop running after us. Nawao! I have never seen any Igbo public person come out to claim Ikwerre people.

4 Likes

Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Rugaria: 7:24am On Mar 08, 2021
Tranquill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFwj28U8eQE

@ 0:19

Not as if I'm interested in your madness anyway..

1 Like

Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by garfield1: 7:58am On Mar 08, 2021
Igboid:

Oduah is an Igbo name , likewise Oseloka and Anyim.

Obaze nko
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Tranquill: 5:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
Igboid:

Where is your Ikwerre Okonjo Iweala? Where is your Jay Jay Okocha, Kanu, Iheanacho?

Has an Ikwerre man ever made a positive impact on the world stage?

Ndiigbo play in the big league both in the world of excellence and in the dark world. We are big players. Your Ikwerre group has nothing to offer. Nothing at all.

Tell your Ikwerre people like Amaechi and Uche Okwukwu to stop running after us. Nawao! I have never seen any Igbo public person come out to claim Ikwerre people.

The way you Igbos appropriate this womans achievement to yourselves makes even her Anioma people to get jealous...Yes she could claim to be Igbo by reason of her marriage to an Abia man but we know that your 'adadioranmas' command the largest population in most brothels in all major Cities in Nigeria. Igbo girls make up over 90% of the prostitutes in Ghana and a very high percentage in Garbon, Cameroon and even Chad. In Austria and Germany, the Igbo prostitutes operate on a different level that is so disgusting even to the most shameless beings.

The Igbo criminals have made every Nigerian in South Africa to become an object of hate and potential target so much so that even the very few decent Igbos feel ashamed to identify as Igbo. The same scenario is gradually building up in Kenya and Ghana. Infact in Ghana today, all the armed robbery cases have Igbo fingerprints. You go to fac.ebook today, it is only Igbos that justify crimes and criminality that one begins to imagine how that your demonic criminal enclave that you want to call biafra will look like because your passport wont get you visa to even countries like Benin republic because of your criminal tendencies..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Igboid: 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2021
garfield1:

Obaze nko

I'm not very sure about Obaze as it is a name limited to Ogbaru part of Anambra. But it can be given an Igbo interpretation.
Obaze= When the barn collapse.
From Oba= Barn and Zee= collapse.
Re: Lucky Irabor Becomes Four-star General As Buhari Promotes Service Chiefs by Igboid: 6:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
Tranquill:

The way you Igbos appropriate this womans achievement to yourselves makes even her Anioma people to get jealous...Yes she could claim to be Igbo by reason of her marriage to an Abia man but we know that your 'adadioranmas' command the largest population in most brothels in all major Cities in Nigeria. Igbo girls make up over 90% of the prostitutes in Ghana and a very high percentage in Garbon, Cameroon and even Chad. In Austria and Germany, the Igbo prostitutes operate on a different level that is so disgusting even to the most shameless beings.

The Igbo criminals have made every Nigerian in South Africa to become an object of hate and potential target so much so that even the very few decent Igbos feel ashamed to identify as Igbo. The same scenario is gradually building up in Kenya and Ghana. Infact in Ghana today, all the armed robbery cases have Igbo fingerprints. You go to fac.ebook today, it is only Igbos that justify crimes and criminality that one begins to imagine how that your demonic criminal enclave that you want to call biafra will look like because your passport wont get you visa to even countries like Benin republic because of your criminal tendencies..

You as ignorant as an average Ikwerre man. You lots are usually local and hardly travel.

Okonjo Iweala is from Ogwashi-uku. Ogwashi-uku is actually Ogwanshi-ukwu. Nshi is Nri.
The founder of Ogwashi-uku was an Nri prince called Adaigbo who was banished from Nri Kingdom by his father the Eze Nri for sleeping with one of his father's youngest wives. He left the palace with his younger brother who loved him and always followed him around. The Younger brother founded Akwukwu-Igbo, while Adaigbo founded Ogwashi-uku by uniting the Proto Igbo people who had always inhabited the land into a kingdom.
So Ogwashi-uku people have always been proud of their Nri and by extension Igbo origin. They are not part of the "We came from Bini" madness.
The Obi of Ogwashi-uku who was Okonjo Iweala father fought for Biafra as a military officer while Iweala cooked for the Biafran Army.

She comes from a deep rooted and uncompromising Igbo root.
Of course she is Anioma as well as Igbo, just as I'm Idemili and Igbo , just as Jim Nwobodo is first of all an Nkanu and then Igbo, just as Abaribe is Ngwa first before Igbo.
Igbo is a nation made of tribes and Enu-ani( Okonjo Iweala tribe) is one of the many tribes that make up the Igbo nation.

We have other Igbo ladies doing us proud as well. We have Arumma Oteh working at world bank, we have Chioma Ajunwa who won Olympic gold medal, we have Perpetual Nkwocha, Nigerian most decorated female footballer and multiple time winner of CAF women footballer of the year and AFCON golden boot awards.
We have Chimamanda Adichie.

Your non achieving Bini ethnic group has none. The most popular Ikwerre Lady is a high class Ashawo called Toton Dike , who Igbo movie makers gave her fame.

This was how a certain Ikwerre criminal called Orji went to Ghana and committed crime which put the Igbo community there in trouble because it was assumed an Orji is an Igbo.
Go to Rivers state all your youths are lazy and lacking in innovation. All of them are cultists killing each other in the villages and making life unbearable for their aged parents.

You should be ashamed of yourselves. Never have Ikwerre produced a single high flyer in the international Arena, none.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is Life So Struggled In Nigeria? / Baga Attack: Nigerians React After Army Spoke / Nigerians React To President Buhari's 2nd Term Declaration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.