Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:29 AM

Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded (24193 Views)

Police Holds Meeting Over Bus Drivers Protest In Lagos. / Thousands Of Commuters Stranded As Ipob Blocks Major Expressway / Lagos Residents Stranded As Bus Drivers Protest ‘extortions’ By MC Oluomo Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by obonujoker(m): 8:30pm On Mar 06, 2021
BigDick70inch:

So
And.........whats gumming yo asses down to Lagos

Were they ever..........stopped from moving outta Lagos........to settle in their potopoto republic?

If Lagos doesn't suit u.............move and stop typing yo destiny to south west!!!!!!!

What is your comment on this news report??
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by lexy2014: 8:31pm On Mar 06, 2021
merieam16:
all day for the thief, one they for the owner

These days, there's no difference between the owner and d thief
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by TimmyTen(m): 9:00pm On Mar 06, 2021
I will not mention the tribe... entitlement in their blood na follow come.

Meanwhile the puppets face is missing in the picture.

1 Like

Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by viyon02: 9:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
Where are those people supporting Tinubu? don't worry, what goes around will definitely comes around, Awon were jatijati, he (Tinubu) will use your children and great grand children to make sacrifices to his Gods maybe then you will wise up.
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Decentdave(m): 9:09pm On Mar 06, 2021
Yoruba's are very lazy.na yoruba go do agbero,Omonile,Apero.etc.very Lazy tribe
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Oshokalo: 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2021
imagine 800 times all the bustop in Lagos times all the buses in Lagos,we need the obaseki type to come and clear this menace that has befallen Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Prophet777: 9:33pm On Mar 06, 2021
Tinubu is their grandsmaster... Lagos is the only state in Nigeria where agbero seems to be openly constituting nuisance in the public. The suffering created by the people is worrisome. The problems has remained unchecked for many years.

I am not: N800 in every bus/stop...
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Gerrard59(m): 9:38pm On Mar 06, 2021
Lightorder:
Na dem. Their defenders who also trekked yesterday, will soon be here to defend dem. Team defend Lagos, AkA if you don’t like it, go to your village

What else do you expect from Stockholm syndrome folks? They deserve to suffer. I wish the strike continues till the end of the month, maybe by then, these cretinous fvcktards would have learnt a thing or two.

@Topic: The strike should continue. The average Nigerian deserves to suffer!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Nobody: 9:44pm On Mar 06, 2021
Where are all those fools that were trolling me cuz they wanted me to actually say good things about BAT when it 's obvious that the man is a devil ?.
Sometimes I just wish there was a law that states all corrupt leaders be hanged and their assets forfeited.
Make God no just allow me enter seat o,cuz I will be very ruthless with this people and their children....nonsense and ingredients

1 Like

Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 06, 2021
The reason for the extorting in the disguise as hike in tickets fee and new levies on traders in computer village is to raise funds for tinubu's 2023 presidential ambition.Don't be deceived.Tinubu's hand is on this.

1 Like

Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Sammerboi: 10:20pm On Mar 06, 2021
800 at every fucking bus stop wow. That’s fucking too much money, kilode Oti poju now. Unless federal government disband these unions across Nigeria dis extortion can’t end.
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 10:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
Tinubu and his boys.
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Gbagura: 10:28pm On Mar 06, 2021
Decentdave:
Yoruba's are very lazy.na yoruba go do agbero,Omonile,Apero.etc.very Lazy tribe
We don't even share borders with igbos, so I'm crazily concerned how you guys are all over Yoruba. What's your goal in life? You came hundreds of miles to Yoruba to tell us what to do on our land. Ebonyi were killing themselves because of park's control weeks ago but I guess you travelled to Damascus then.

Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Simplythebest: 10:32pm On Mar 06, 2021
Even lagos state has introduced their own new ticket money N800 for big bus while N400 for small bus and the driver i entered was complaining bitterly about it and the last thing he said that is their passengers will bear the cost which they have already increase transport fare from ikorodu to mile 12 for N200 against N100 before introduction of this new ticket by lagos state. What a country with wicked and selfish leaders.
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by mywells: 10:42pm On Mar 06, 2021
You buy a bus for transport purposes,you registered the bus,road worthiness, hackney permit and vehicles , insurance,driver licence and your lasdri,after all this has been in place,some group of wayward children that got it wrong with their parents at the earliest stages of their life would turn themselves to agbero awon omo wobe all over the places and they say the youths are the leaders of tomorrow but now agbero are the leaders of tomorrow (Tinubu) the leader of agbero,I pray all this agberos would die screaming.

1 Like

Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Kylekent59: 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2021
Gbagura:
We don't even share borders with igbos, so I'm crazily concerned how you guys are all over Yoruba. What's your goal in life? You came hundreds of miles to Yoruba to tell us what to do on our land. Ebonyi were killing themselves because of park's control weeks ago but I guess you travelled to Damascus then.

When you tell someone the truth about them, they tend to explode. Why are you exploding? If all the whole Igbos leave lagos, lagos would be empty with nothing in it.
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Gbagura: 11:00pm On Mar 06, 2021
Kylekent59:

When you tell someone the truth about them, they tend to explode. Why are you exploding? If all the whole Igbos leave lagos, lagos would be empty with nothing in it.
Nothing concerns you about the emptiness. Let's be worried about that ok. You can leave first grin
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by hefelove(m): 11:23pm On Mar 06, 2021
But agberos are not the problem here if you truly know this road, the problems are police and custom, not to exergerate, from mile 2 to Badagry dem get up to 20 or more checkpoints there and you must pay o
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Samyd18: 4:30am On Mar 07, 2021
landforeast:
One day I counted from Shibiri to Mile 2 and there were 21 places drivers are stopped and touts collects money from them and I asked how much then are these drivers going home with after spending hours on traffic. And these area is areas where many Igbos are leaving such cannot be said of a place like Agege or Shomolu

lol the whole of Lagos is full of agbero...agege self worst the only place the are not aggressive is around vi. lekki and all this big man environment .... every place for Lagos agbero dey ooo
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by yemobrown(m): 5:47am On Mar 07, 2021
Please let us tag the lagos state government. The unions are holding the legitimate occupant of the state to ransom
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by SeniorGee(m): 6:17am On Mar 07, 2021
Has been since Thursday. It wasn't funny. Spent almost 3k on bike from mile 2 to badagry, journey that should cost not more than N700
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Otasikwe(m): 6:55am On Mar 07, 2021
xjiggy:
For those who don't know that route, the problem is not NURTW(agberos). The problem is police. They have checkpoint every 100 meters and collect #100 per vehicle. That is excluding customs that will ground a bus just because they found a passenger in possession of 5kg of Rice.
pointless
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by portplus: 10:16am On Mar 07, 2021
landforeast:
One day I counted from Shibiri to Mile 2 and there were 21 places drivers are stopped and touts collects money from them and I asked how much then are these drivers going home with after spending hours on traffic. And these area is areas where many Igbos are leaving such cannot be said of a place like Agege or Shomolu

Na wa o.

Sometimes, I wonder why the Lagos State Government abandon that route/corridor to those hardened touts acting under the influence of hard drugs that extort money from commercial bus drivers mercilessly.

And there is large pull of touts to recruit from....These same touts metamorphose into thieves at night...yet security agencies don't care.

1 Like

Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by seguno2: 11:16am On Mar 07, 2021
SouthNigerian:
Despite the heavy extortion on the Badagry expressway, the road is crazily unmotorable.

Our leaders are animals.

What about us, the people who allow them to lead us? Are we equally animals or worse
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by Blackdisciple(m): 1:06pm On Mar 07, 2021
Tinubu and his gangs .... They should also protest along lekki Epe express way.
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by SouthNigerian: 1:35pm On Mar 07, 2021
seguno2:

What about us, the people who allow them to lead us? Are we equally animals or worse

Our leaders are much more worse than us. They suppress us heavy and kill our voice as many times as we raise it.

Can you lead a protest?
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by seguno2: 2:17pm On Mar 07, 2021
SouthNigerian:
Our leaders are much more worse than us. They suppress us heavy and kill our voice as many times as we raise it.

Can you lead a protest?

Why do you think that protest is the only way or best way, compared to using available legal and political processes
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by optm(m): 5:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
These lagos bus drivers are greedy people too . They would increase fare price for the passengers and would not like paying the agbero in proportionate amount to the monies collected from passengers. These agbero's are a neussaince aswell. I mean how's it ok to legalize collecting monies from others with thugs ? Only in nigeria would you find such
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by SouthNigerian: 6:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
seguno2:

Why do you think that protest is the only way or best way, compared to using available legal and political processes

True, protest might not be the only way, but protests is one of many ways change can be fought for.

Yes mentioned legal and political processes which I outrightly agree with you, but Nigeria and Nigerians are in a tight situation where we must look into so many places for answers. For example, the Southwest had done everything legal and political in order to end the Boko Haram aka Fulani herdsmen menace in the Region.

All of the legal means and political processes of the Southwest against insecurity in the Region, had it curb and the momentum of crime in the zone?

Abeg, does legality even exist in Nigeria? Everything in Nigeria is rotten and corrupt.

My brother, sometimes gragra dey solve matter wella.
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by seguno2: 6:18am On Mar 08, 2021
SouthNigerian:

True, protest might not be the only way, but protests is one of many ways change can be fought for.

Yes mentioned legal and political processes which I outrightly agree with you, but Nigeria and Nigerians are in a tight situation where we must look into so many places for answers. For example, the Southwest had done everything legal and political in order to end the Boko Haram aka Fulani herdsmen menace in the Region.

All of the legal means and political processes of the Southwest against insecurity in the Region, had it curb and the momentum of crime in the zone?

Abeg, does legality even exist in Nigeria? Everything in Nigeria is rotten and corrupt.

My brother, sometimes gragra dey solve matter wella.

Do you think that all of the legal means and political processes of the south west was done with sincerity of purpose by the leaders? Leaders who are more interested in their 2023 ambitions against Igbo and northern people
Maybe that is why the legal action and political processes are not yielding the desired results? Make you think the thing well bro.

Gragra can solve things for a token response that hardly lasts. Legal action and political processes may take longer, but the results are far reaching and more enduring.
Re: Extortion: Bus Drivers Protest On Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Commuters Stranded by SouthNigerian: 10:24am On Mar 08, 2021
seguno2:

Do you think that all of the legal means and political processes of the south west was done with sincerity of purpose by the leaders? Leaders who are more interested in their 2023 ambitions against Igbo and northern people
Maybe that is why the legal action and political processes are not yielding the desired results? Make you think the thing well bro.

Gragra can solve things for a token response that hardly lasts. Legal action and political processes may take longer, but the results are far reaching and more enduring.

I concur.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Yobe Barracks, Nigerian Village / DSS Raids Pencom Office In Abuja As Anohu-amazu Goes Into Hiding / 'FG, Stop Intimidating Saraki': Pro-Saraki Protest Rocks Ilorin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.