Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,698 members, 7,813,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" (14917 Views)

AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) / Surulere Super Shopping Plaza On Fire / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
All the glory must remain with the Lord our God.

We are going to build another edifice in a city I love and have worked in some years ago, Akure, Ondo state. This time around, we have been contracted to build a shopping plaza of 36 shops. Details of the project are as follows;

Project: Construction of 36 shopping units in a plaza.
Client: A Nairalander
Contractors: Spyder880 building team
Duration: 7 months

Edit:
We have reviewed the terms of this contract and expanded the building plans to best make use of the land here. We have agreed to increase the number of shops we will build here from 36 shops to 63. We have also arranged to reduce the number of staircases to 2.

The width of this land is not as wide as we first thought, so we have agreed to remove the staircase at the middle of the back line. Although this will make the centre of the plaza smaller, we now plan to remove the front columns on the ground floor, and hang the upper passage as a cantilevered projection, freeing more space for use of the plaza.

We will now add more features like a fence on 3 sides and a see through gate at the road line. We will also build the road metal crossing. I will hereby amend the topic of this thread to reflect these changes. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:03pm On Mar 06, 2021
Edited.

There will be 63 shops in this plaza
There will be 21 shops on each floor
There will be 3 floors, two storey building
There will be 2 different staircases in this plaza
There will be 12 toilets for use of the traders and their customers alike in the plaza
There will be a fence and gate
There will be a borehole
There will be an overhead tank

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:04pm On Mar 06, 2021
More pictures

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:08pm On Mar 06, 2021
We have a lot of other building threads, both ongoing building construction and completed buildings, see more on these links .........

https://www.nairaland.com/5178606/making-owerri-royal-manor/37

https://www.nairaland.com/6007691/making-white-penthouse-anambra

https://www.nairaland.com/6447386/making-7-bedrooms-high-ceiling

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by kopell: 9:27pm On Mar 06, 2021
spyder880:
There will be 36 shops in this plaza
There will be 12 shops on each floor
There will be 3 different staircases in this plaza
There will be 6 smaller parking stores in this plaza
There will be 24 toilets for use of the traders and their customers alike in the plaza
There will be a borehole
Congratulation brother, you’re moving slowly in to south west market. I can’t wait to see you deliver again as usual.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 9:48pm On Mar 06, 2021
kopell:
Congratulation brother, you’re moving slowly in to south west market. I can’t wait to see you deliver again as usual.

Thank you Sir, we will do our best to deliver the best on this project and look forward to more projects.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by sonnie10: 11:47pm On Mar 06, 2021
Here to learn

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by michlins(m): 3:05am On Mar 07, 2021
Make I book space. A shopping plaza requires custom made security doors like these.

Rails like this

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by Martini101(m): 8:55am On Mar 07, 2021
spyder880:
There will be 36 shops in this plaza
There will be 12 shops on each floor
There will be 3 different staircases in this plaza
There will be 6 smaller parking stores in this plaza
There will be 24 toilets for use of the traders and their customers alike in the plaza
There will be a borehole

The Igboness in me is suggesting that you put the staircases where I marked brown, then converting the former staircases marked green to shops. Thus will add additional one shop on each floor of the building. ����

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 9:06am On Mar 07, 2021
Martini101:

The Igboness in me is suggesting that you put the staircases where I marked brown, then converting the former staircases marked green to shops. Thus will add additional one shop on each floor of the building. ����

This is what I was discussing with the architect yesterday night, I told him that I will like to gain one more shop by this arrangement you just showed. He was of the opinion that since this is a public building which is planned to have many people trading on it at most times, safety considerations demands that there be 3 different staircases to aid quick evacuation of people and goods in any event.

Thank you for bringing this up.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by seunpinky(m): 10:09am On Mar 07, 2021
Martini101:

I also like your opinion as it allows every shop owner enjoy flow of human traffic and gives them visibility as more customers would have to walk down to the end of the plaza to use the stairs.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by kinkykinky2: 11:18am On Mar 07, 2021
spyder880:

This is what I was discussing with the architect yesterday night, I told him that I will like to gain one more shop by this arrangement you just showed. He was of the opinion that since this is a public building which is planned to have many people trading on it at most times, safety considerations demands that there be 3 different staircases to aid quick evacuation of people and goods in any event.

You don't need 3 stairwell for 36units!!!

Tell your designer to redesign.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by Martini101(m): 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
spyder880:

While safety shouldn't be compromised,I believe two staircase are adequate for a building of such size.
Thanks and Congratulations

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by kopell: 2:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
kinkykinky2:

You don't need 3 stairwell for 36units!!!

Tell your designer to redesign.
I always have such crazy ideas in every one of my projects when I bring it to the professionals, most times they turn the idea down due to safety reasons. I will always abide by the rules of professionalism because they're experts at what they do, but there are those individuals that will choose to undermine they're safety for short gain.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by kinkykinky2: 3:00pm On Mar 07, 2021
kopell:
I always have such crazy ideas in every one of my projects when I bring it to the professionals, most times they turn the idea down due to safety reasons. I will always abide by the rules of professionalism because they're experts at what they do, but there are those individuals that will choose to undermine they're safety for short gain.

No true! It has nothing to do with safety.

I wish you success.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by whirlwind7(m): 5:47pm On Mar 07, 2021
seunpinky:

I also like your opinion as it allows every shop owner enjoy flow of human traffic and gives them visibility as more customers would have to walk down to the end of the plaza to use the stairs.

This is a very compelling argument for location of the stairs
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by dongc(m): 6:22pm On Mar 07, 2021
kinkykinky2:

No true! It has nothing to do with safety.

I wish you success.

This is a shopping complex/plaza with alot of people same time...more exits is required like the architect pointed out.....i like the idea of extra shops and their new location of the two steps...if money not an issue...maybe owner can consider external exits like below on one or each end....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:45am On Mar 11, 2021
We have arrived Akure, and moved into the site........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:50am On Mar 11, 2021
The nature of this land is that its sloped towards the back, and swampy. There is a water canal running at the back of the land, the back is expected to be waterlogged as soon as it rains. We are making arrangements to change our foundation plans.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by folmus: 10:21am On Mar 11, 2021
Well-done!!

Have taken the front seat!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 5:30am On Mar 12, 2021
folmus:
Well-done!!

Have taken the front seat!

Welcome bro.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 5:32am On Mar 12, 2021
Due to the new road level which makes this site much lower than the road, we are starting to fill up the front of the site to enable smaller vehicles enter and deliver materials for our use here...............

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 5:33am On Mar 12, 2021
Making arrangements for stone dust, sharp sand for blocks........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2021
We first have to test this site to ascertain the soil conditions, so we can ensure that we are doing the right type of foundation for this plaza.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
More filling sand arriving.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:00am On Mar 14, 2021
Pushing more sand into the centre of the plaza, then starting some excavation works..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by michlins(m): 7:27am On Mar 14, 2021
spyder880:
We first have to test this site to ascertain the soil conditions, so we can ensure that we are doing the right type of foundation for this plaza.
how do you test soils
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:51am On Mar 14, 2021
michlins:
how do you test soils

By collecting soil samples to later analyse them in labs and get the soil bearing capacity, doing test excavations and by using special tools to read the soil water tables. Soil testing also helps us determine the best places to site a borehole and a tank stand.

7 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by michlins(m): 9:10am On Mar 14, 2021
spyder880:

By collecting soil samples to later analyse them in labs and get the soil bearing capacity, doing test excavations and by using special tools to read the soil water tables. Soil testing also helps us determine the best places to site a borehole and a tank stand.
the later part is why I asked. I know I need such information but going to the lab and stuff.....

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 9:13am On Mar 14, 2021
Bringing in some wood, and other materials

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 9:15am On Mar 14, 2021
Foundation excavation works begins in earnest...........

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 5:27am On Mar 19, 2021
Getting materials ready and delivering them to the site.........

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Two Children Die In Lagos Building Collapse / A-Z Of The Do’s And Don’ts Of Buying A Land Or Property In Lagos / QUEEN'S HOMES BUNGALOWS MOWE/OFADA,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.