Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" (15103 Views)

AMAC Demolishes A Shopping Plaza With People And Goods Inside (Video) / Surulere Super Shopping Plaza On Fire / The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 1:14pm On May 02, 2021
michlins:
Doing this project,did you move your trusted hand s to site or you employed the from the local pool

The head of the team is my trusted foreman who have worked with me in over 7 sites before. Some few other workers also moved from here, we got another set of good workers from the city and quickly integrated them into the team. They have all been doing well together.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by michlins(m): 1:19pm On May 02, 2021
spyder880:

The head of the team is my trusted foreman who have worked with me in over 7 sites before. Some few other workers also moved from here, we got another set of good workers from the city and quickly integrated them into the team. They have all been doing well together.
ok. Thanks for teaching me a thing or two

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 9:28pm On May 04, 2021
More pictures from our work in this site.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 9:31pm On May 04, 2021
Size of the shops and stairs........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2021
More of the plaza........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:21am On May 05, 2021
Making arrangements to buy decking wood this morning, timber is very costly here.........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:07pm On May 05, 2021
The shopping plaza, as seen from the top..........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On May 06, 2021
As seen from the top of the building......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by kopell: 4:20pm On May 08, 2021
spyder880:
As seen from the top of the building......
I can't believe that well is till in the middle of that room, is it the only source of water to the project
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by dongc(m): 4:32pm On May 08, 2021
kopell:
I can't believe that well is till in the middle of that room, is it the only source of water to the project

Unlimited water � supply....haha

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 4:34pm On May 08, 2021
kopell:

For now, yes. We will fill it as soon as we can sink another borehole in the project. Left for me, the borehole position should be somewhere in the back after we have done some compound filling around there, we shouldn't rush to sink a borehole any other place and later start moving the position elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 4:35pm On May 08, 2021
dongc:

Unlimited water � supply....haha

Exactly, this water source is easy and cheap since the water level is near the surface, I don't have to power generators or maintain the borehole grin

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by michlins(m): 4:41pm On May 08, 2021
spyder880:

Exactly, this water source is easy and cheap since the water level is near the surface, I don't have to power generators or maintain the borehole grin
if that's the case then sinking a standing tank on this site will require additional reinforcement

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 4:46pm On May 08, 2021
michlins:
if that's the case then sinking a standing tank on this site will require additional reinforcement

I know, the site is waterlogged at the back.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by michlins(m): 4:54pm On May 08, 2021
spyder880:

I know, the site is waterlogged at the back.
how reinforced is your foundation here. What type of rods did you use and the cement to sand ratio
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 5:38pm On May 08, 2021
michlins:
how reinforced is your foundation here. What type of rods did you use and the cement to sand ratio

Very well reinforced. Best practices were applied in the construction of our foundation here. I had to change the foundation design and we did a raft foundation at the back.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by michlins(m): 8:41pm On May 09, 2021
I was in Akure today looking to see if I can see this project but didn't. I guess I didn't go to the neighborhood

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 8:55pm On May 09, 2021
michlins:
I was in Akure today looking to see if I can see this project but didn't. I guess I didn't go to the neighborhood

Welcome to Akure my man, its a very cool city with quiet neighborhoods. I so enjoy my stay there.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by michlins(m): 10:55am On May 10, 2021
spyder880:

Welcome to Akure my man, its a very cool city with quiet neighborhoods. I so enjoy my stay there.
came in from Lagos and went back same day. I will be coming back again next week to handle some projects

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by mufutau55(m): 5:37pm On Jun 02, 2021
Oga @Spyder880
Is this project paused for the moment.? No updates.
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 7:30am On Jun 03, 2021
mufutau55:
Oga @Spyder880
Is this project paused for the moment.? No updates.
Thanks.

Hajji M.

Good morning Sir, the project is indeed paused because we have to regularise some issues about the new size of this house which wasn't captured in the building plans submitted to the government. They want us to get the full approval before we can continue. They are working on it now.

We will commence the project as soon as they give us the go ahead. Thank you Sir for asking about us.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by mufutau55(m): 12:56pm On Jun 03, 2021
spyder880:

Good morning Sir, the project is indeed paused because we have to regularise some issues about the new size of this house which wasn't captured in the building plans submitted to the government. They want us to get the full approval before we can continue. They are working on it now.

We will commence the project as soon as they give us the go ahead. Thank you Sir for asking about us.

Thank you for the update Sir. God bless you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 9:37pm On Jun 15, 2021
We have now gotten the go ahead to return to this site and continue works with the construction of this shopping plaza in Akure. Approvals for the plaza has been secured, so we can continue with this fine project.

Thank you all.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 4:32pm On Jun 16, 2021
My workers returned to this site this afternoon, work is planned to resume tomorrow. More pictures of work progress later.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 6:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
We have completed the ground floor blocks, beams and columns of this shopping plaza...........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 6:17pm On Jun 25, 2021
This project is ready for the first decking.........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by michlins(m): 7:51pm On Jun 25, 2021
Money no dey money no dey but Nigerians are raising heavy structures.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2021
Decking wood arriving here in this site...........

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2021
michlins:

The economy is really tough, with inflation making things worse.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by michlins(m): 10:07pm On Jun 25, 2021
spyder880:

The economy is really tough, with inflation making things worse.
from personal observation, I think we have reached a plateau phase.

Things are hovering around certain numbers now. You can at least go to the market expecting that the money with you can buy you what you plan on buying. Although the money will be significantly bigger than what it used to be.

A month ago, you don't know what the price is until you pay for the goods

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by spyder880(m): 3:23pm On Jun 26, 2021
Fresh bamboos arriving for our use here, the first level suspended slab..........

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Akure 63 Units Shopping Plaza" by whirlwind7(m): 3:32pm On Jun 26, 2021
michlins:

Hehehehehe.
There's money to build, for those who can afford it.
Money no dey doesn't entirely mean the funds aren't available. Just that what should ordinarily cost ₦1m, you'll have to pay about ₦1.5m or more for it.

Nigerians have a way of adjusting to terrible situations, where in other places, same condition would lead to an upheaval.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Real Estate Never Depreciates: How True? / Building:semi-detached Duplex In Osapa (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Building Plan- Architectural & Structural Drawings Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.