Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,411 members, 7,830,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing (25304 Views)

Lagos CP Adegoke Fayoade Leads Protest In Ikeja, Provides Refreshments / COVID-19: Lagos Lockdown Online Vote / Covid-19: Lagos Lockdown Day 4 In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by WesternOrbit: 3:12pm On Mar 08, 2021
nawa o
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Kizyte(m): 3:13pm On Mar 08, 2021
Massiveglory:
[s][/s]
I'm sorry if your father is a police officer but truth must be told.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Numerouno94(m): 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
DPO Ajao Estate Division and his senior officers in the Division have been redeployed to yet to be disclosed offices in the state for allowing night clubbing at Garbana Club on Sunday, 7th March, 2021.

Buh nairaland mod gave d topic as "Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers for Allowing Clubbing in their Area".

Abeg wen did fire bcame d synonym of redeploy?

Wen it comes to dishing out bans dats their area of specialization, buh ordinary topic una nor fit draft.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Lexusgs430: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
So who would arrest those that attended that pen cinema road, opening ceremony..........
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by baralatie(m): 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
spinna:
my hood in lag.. i never really went to CARABANA often but girls dey full there anyhow.. too far from my house and too much fighting outside

i go know one or two wey dem gbab
]
police grab boiz wella

grin
there was this dude he no dey hear word
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Tillatalk: 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2021
Godarz:
Night clubbing in a COVID HOTSPOT= disaster.

I think that most Nigerians don't know there is a pandemic on. Just because it is not affecting millions does not mean it can't hit you

All it just takes is one infected person.....plus even though a minority of infecttes get seriously ill..the fact is, it isn't clear what makes some people get serioulsy ill..so it might be you, it might be me.

which covid 19 sir
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 08, 2021
Tillatalk:
which covid 19 sir

Okay, you don't believe in it...no convincing you then.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by moneyissweet(m): 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
After my shopping at Lagos Ireland and oshodi I can comfortably say that covid19 is a big scam.

Go to markets in Lagos you will see more than one million crowed pushing each other without face masks.

Na night club wey no reach 50 clubbers una dey use warm office

Ndi ohi

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by doxijaw: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
Good!
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Tillatalk: 3:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
Godarz:

Okay, you don't believe in it...no convincing you then.
is the covid 19 that only catches the clubbers
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
EbenezerTriumph:
my friend shut up there and go sit down.
jobless attention seeker

Parolo estas arĝento, oron similas silento
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Sleekfingers: 3:27pm On Mar 08, 2021
datola:
Redeployed. Not fired.

u get am.......redeployed.....

Most them will be begging and crying.....especially if they are deployed to states like sokoto, zamfara, bayelsa, ebonyi, ekiti, katsina, taraba, nasarawa, kogi
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 08, 2021
Tillatalk:
is the covid 19 that only catches the clubbers

And everyone else who crowds around....big or small..religious and secular gatherings....those stopped by police and those allowed by police....
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Tillatalk: 3:32pm On Mar 08, 2021
Godarz:

And everyone else who crowds around....big or small..religious and secular gatherings....those stopped by police and those allowed by police....
why shouldn't they arrest people that went to church yesterday if they are fair combating this audio covid 19
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 08, 2021
Tillatalk:
why shouldn't they arrest people that went to church yesterday if they are fair combating this audio covid 19

In the end, if we are all not careful....we will suffer the consequences.

Good afternoon
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by raymond0123: 3:51pm On Mar 08, 2021
you only redeploy them not fired as stated oooo
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Coolingeffect: 4:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
Kizyte:
Did you know responsible police officers in the Nigerian Police Force are just 0.001%, the rest are useless?

In other words, you are totally, entirely and 100% useless for calling everyone in an institution useless
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by 27Pushing30: 4:09pm On Mar 08, 2021
At this point I no Dey commot past 12 mid night again
Shellsploit:
A lesson to other DPO's cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Nobody: 4:13pm On Mar 08, 2021
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Heavensent01(m): 4:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
Ugborugonna:
Omo this Lagos commissioner for police no dey play ooo

he no dey play, them kidnapped two people at imota and when contacted he said they should corporate with the kidnapper
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by mastertek: 4:23pm On Mar 08, 2021
I don't know I to explain to stupid gullible Nigerian, that there's no virus out there that is threat to our life, there is no virus that warrant wearing of nose mask
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Nobody: 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
mastertek:
You are just one of millions of gullible Nigerian.
You people should keep your low IQ to yourself

Thanks for abusing me and calling me gullible, and also calling me low IQ as well when I did not insult you or abuse you or call you names.

I just made my point and moved on.

And I work in the frontline and have seen covid patients, and infact, have also lost someone close to me from the disease.

Now, do have a good day, and I wish you the best.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by udemzyudex(m): 4:40pm On Mar 08, 2021
Does he have the right to fire a DPO? just curious.
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by suratwo62: 4:52pm On Mar 08, 2021
Godarz:

I think that most Nigerians don't know there is a pandemic on. Just because it is not affecting millions does not mean it can't hit you

All it just takes is one infected person.....plus even though a minority of infecttes get seriously ill..the fact is, it isn't clear what makes some people get serioulsy ill..so it might be you, it might be me.

According to the Hon Minister of Health, the Chairman Presidential Task force on COVID-19 and the professional statistics from Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu Director-General, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control CDC, on the 7th of March 2021, there were 269 new confirmed cases and 5 deaths from COVID-19 were recorded in Nigeria.

That same day, 7th March 2021, 720 people died from tuberculosis in Nigeria.
Based on CDC figures available from the www.statehouse.gov website a total of 1,969 people died from COVID 19 from February 2020 till March 7th 2021.

in that same period based on figures from World Health Organization website (WHO) and Dr Fiona Braka WHO Acting Country Representative 262,800 people died from tuberculosis.

Tuberculosis kills more people than COVID-19. Every hour....every single hour 30 people die from Tuberculosis in Nigeria. Therefore it will take 6 days for COVID-19 to kill 30 people but only one hour for Tuberculosis to kill 30 people.

Is there something they are not telling us
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by suratwo62: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2021
Godarz:

Godarz God bless you. You are making a point. You might also want to tell people about the following points:-
According to the Hon Minister of Health, the Chairman Presidential Task force on COVID-19 and the professional statistics from Dr. Chikwe Ihekweazu Director-General, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control CDC, on the 7th of March 2021, there were 269 new confirmed cases and 5 deaths from COVID-19 were recorded in Nigeria.

Based on CDC figures available from the www.statehouse.gov website a total of 1,969 people died from COVID 19 from February 2020 till March 7th 2021.

in that same period February 2020 to March 7th 2021, based on figures from World Health Organization website (WHO) and Dr Fiona Braka WHO Acting Country Representative 262,800 people died from tuberculosis.

Tuberculosis kills more people than COVID-19. Every hour....every single hour 30 people die from Tuberculosis in Nigeria. Therefore it will take 6 days for COVID-19 to kill 30 people but only one hour for Tuberculosis to kill 30 people.

Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Cryptomillion: 4:59pm On Mar 08, 2021
really
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by Nobody: 5:00pm On Mar 08, 2021
suratwo62:

in that same period based on figures from World Health Organization website (WHO) and Dr Fiona Braka WHO Acting Country Representative 262,800 people died from tuberculosis.

Tuberculosis has a cure. Covid does not

The problem is, it involves taking antibiotics for six to eighteen months depending on the type of tb you have

People who die from tb either have

1. Not been taking their drugs so they develop resistance .

2. Have multidrug resistant tb anyway

3. Have severe hiv alongside the tb( can be difficult to treat both at the same time)

4. Limited access to a good hospital...still an issue in many parts of Nigeria.( having worked in healthcare in the rural areas I can testify to that)

Covid also.means that some people with tb avoid hoapitals for.fear of being diagnosed with covid. By the time they get there it is too late.

Tb has a cure. The problem is bad healthcare facilities and poor access to health causes many people not to present on time
Re: COVID-19: Lagos CP Fires DPO, Officers For Allowing Clubbing by suratwo62: 5:06pm On Mar 08, 2021
Godarz:

Tuberculosis has a cure. Covid does not

The problem is, it involves taking antibiotics for six to eighteen months depending on the type of tb you have

People who die from tb either have

1. Not been taking their drugs so they develop resistance .

2. Have multidrug resistant tb anyway

3. Have severe hiv alongside the tb( can be difficult to treat both at the same time)

4. Limited access to a good hospital...still an issue in many parts of Nigeria.( having worked in healthcare in the rural areas I can testify to that)

Covid also.means that some people with tb avoid hoapitals for.fear of being diagnosed with covid. By the time they get there it is too late.

Tb has a cure. The problem is bad healthcare facilities and poor access to health causes many people not to present on time

According to Johns Hopkins University United States of America :- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people who fall sick with COVID-19 will experience mild to moderate symptoms and recover without special treatment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Masked Niger-Delta Militants Root For Tinubu, Vow To Deliver Region For APC / Peter Obi And Obasanjo Attend Bishop Kukah's Book Presentation In Rivers (Pix) / Bombing Of Kaduna Residents Decided By God Else It Wouldn’t Have Happened -Tinub

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.