Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,580 members, 7,847,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:43 PM

Ndigbo Let's Look Out For Our Neighbours, Where Is Ikwerrepikin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndigbo Let's Look Out For Our Neighbours, Where Is Ikwerrepikin (147 Views)

Let’s Look At The Positives Of Tinubus Tenure On Our Lives So Far / Let's Look At States Obi Will Get 25% Votes / Ndigbo, Let Us Think. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ndigbo Let's Look Out For Our Neighbours, Where Is Ikwerrepikin by AlexBells(m): 9:30am On Mar 09, 2021
As we move towards self determination as Igbo people, whether as Igbo province of Nigeria, Igbo Province of Biafra or Igbo Republic, we need peace in our borders and within AlaIgbo.

We may not have peace unless we respect others and be our neighbours keepers. Although Ikwerre remains a dicey situation, as regards IkwerrePikin, he is our neighbour.

The moment of Friction and victimhood is over in AlaIgbo it it is time for us to celebrate and enjoy our labours and sacrifices of our heroes both past and present and as such we need peace in our borders.

It should be noteworthy that Ikwerre as a people is very valuable to Ndigbo whether all of them are Igbos or not, whether they are part of Igbo Province/Republic or not we had shared a lot with them, even in present day Rivers State, in old Eastern Region, Biafra and Nigeria.

Ikwerre is valuable to us as even if they are not part of Igbo Province/Republic, they will serve as a crucial Buffer Zone as such we need peace with them, my mentor always tells me that we should not always let the shadows of the civil war cloud our decisions.

We may also work out a citizenship policy for those Ikwerres who recognise as Igbos even if the Non Igbos wins in the referendum that will be conducted.

Now back to the topic, IkwerrePikin had been one of the vehement fighter for a distinct Ikwerre Identity or a Benin Affiliated Ikwerre and in his pursuits for his identity, he got into series of clashes with different Igbos including myself.

Now that we are moving towards a Province cum Republic, we value every peace loving and respectful neighbours, and becuase of this new wave, I had to ask and check on IkwerrePikin as I hardly hear from him for a while.

Ndigbo is a Warrior race and we appreciate and we appreciate every honourable fighter or fight, even as we usually fight with him, we still wish him well. #WhereIsIkwerrePikin

(1) (Reply)

FIRS N1.4bn Refreshment Budget Reckless, Insensitive –TI, Others / Prof Eleka, Don, Monarch, Others Decry Quackery In Building Production Mgt / NPHCDA: All States Except Kogi Have Taken Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.