Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,429 members, 7,850,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:47 PM

Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? (2735 Views)

Heartrending Moment A Small Boy Attacks His Grandma In US (video) / Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? / Please Can Somebody Tell Me What This Small Boy Is Looking At? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by frozen70(f): 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
Iatrogen:
Hello everyone. I've been having this thought for a while now.

I've always been seen as a small boy for the better part of my whole life. Even people younger than me think I'm I'm their mates, or they're even older.

I'm also the type that is timid to a fault, which makes the job even easier for them to disrespect me.

This matron in the hospital I work just called me "my son" openly where people were, while she was trying to give me some advice. I took it in my strides so as not to appear disrespectful, but I believe this type of behavior can make others easily disrespect me later on.

I even told her my age during the discussion that I'm 34years of age, thinking that would probably let her soft pedal her tone, but she still kept referring to her useless "motherly advice".

How do you think I should handle this, cos they think I'm in the same age group as most of the young staff there, and wanna treat me as such.

Start showing maturity and avoid childish attitudes
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by MufasaLion: 9:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
pozehnani:

Come, how is it doing you? So all of us that contributed above, our cerebral capacity is low?
Small boy tongue kikikikikiki grin.

**Runs out of thread**

LMAO grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 10:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
Uyi168:
The thing with women is that immediately they start giving them, they start seeing others as their younger ones.. Dishing out unsolicited advice..

My brother!!!
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Danhumprey: 8:04am On Mar 11, 2021
Karleb:
Different people with different problem.

My own issue is of late, people give me this undue respect. I am no where near 34 but there is this lady I greet and she responds with sir everytime. If that girl isn't older than me then we'll be mate.

I call her by her name but she still refers to me as Mr. Caleb.

It makes me feel olddd. embarassed

Me too. This whole "Sir"/"Mr" makes me feel old. I hate it. angry
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by MufasaLion: 8:06am On Mar 11, 2021
Danhumprey:

Me too. This whole "Sir"/"Mr" makes me feel old. I hate it. angry

Depends on who's addressing you tho

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Danhumprey: 8:27am On Mar 11, 2021
MufasaLion:

Depends on who's addressing you tho
It makes no difference. Whether it's an older or younger person, I simply hate those things.
I just prefer informal.
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by MufasaLion: 8:32am On Mar 11, 2021
Danhumprey:
It makes no difference. Whether it's an older or younger person, I simply hate those things.
I just prefer informal.

Then you can try and be telling them. Everyone's not wired the same. Amd most importantly there (is) are reason(s) that might make people always formal with you

2 Likes

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by CsRockefeller(m): 10:09am On Mar 11, 2021
Same here. This week by Boss wife who also doubles as the E.D referred me to as "this boy" she has kept this attitude since the day I stepped into their company.

I've been tempted to correct her that I'm 28 and not a boy but I'm scared not to loose my job as she may not see it as a polite request.

It's not easy when you have a small stature like me. A friend was looking at a family picture then pointed to my younger brother and asked "is that your elder brother?" I was so embarrassed, he's far taller and I'm older than him with almost 10 years but people think he's older than me. angry

2 Likes

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 2:33pm On Mar 11, 2021
CsRockefeller:
Same here. This week by Boss wife who also doubles as the E.D referred me to as "this boy" she has kept this attitude since the day I stepped into their company.

I've been tempted to correct her that I'm 28 and not a boy but I'm scared not to loose my job as she may not see it as a polite request.

It's not easy when you have a small stature like me. A friend was looking at a family picture then pointed to my younger brother and asked "is that your elder brother?" I was so embarrassed, he's far taller and I'm older than him with almost 10 years but people think he's older than me. angry

I've come to a realization we most times have to earn people's respect, and it's those kinda respect that's sweeter.

When I feel sorry for myself due to my stature, I remember people like El-rufai, Gowon who were also pint sized but shook Nigeria to it's foundation...

2 Likes

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Oyindidi(f): 11:23pm On Mar 11, 2021
You get Money?
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by legacystore: 7:50am On Mar 12, 2021
Iatrogen:
Hello everyone. I've been having this thought for a while now.

I've always been seen as a small boy for the better part of my whole life. Even people younger than me think I'm I'm their mates, or they're even older.

I'm also the type that is timid to a fault, which makes the job even easier for them to disrespect me.

This matron in the hospital I work just called me "my son" openly where people were, while she was trying to give me some advice. I took it in my strides so as not to appear disrespectful, but I believe this type of behavior can make others easily disrespect me later on.

I even told her my age during the discussion that I'm 34years of age, thinking that would probably let her soft pedal her tone, but she still kept referring to her useless "motherly advice".

How do you think I should handle this, cos they think I'm in the same age group as most of the young staff there, and wanna treat me as such.

U have low self esteem

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 9:41am On Mar 12, 2021
legacystore:

U have low self esteem

You're right on that sha...
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Angelacruz: 7:46pm On Mar 12, 2021
This is applicable to all short peeps...not d guy alone
legacystore:

U have low self esteem

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 7:56pm On Mar 12, 2021
Angelacruz:
This is applicable to all short peeps...not d guy alone

Would you say El-rufai has low self esteem? What of Gowon in his prime?
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Alonso80(m): 6:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Nezzjnr: 8:19pm On Apr 17, 2021
Oyindidi:
You get Money?
Oyind Good evening cool
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by 0neal(m): 2:10pm On Apr 18, 2021
Op you need to read Jordan B Peterson's book "12 rules for Life"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by CsRockefeller(m): 3:22pm On Apr 18, 2021
0neal:
Op you need to read Jordan B Peterson's book "12 rules for Life"

What about it?
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by 0neal(m): 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2021
CsRockefeller:

What about it?

It's basically about RESPONSIBILITY

Went to youtube, listened to several lectures of the Author and I was hooked, the book has depth and its way more than just a motivational book.

https://nasihah.net/wp-content/uploads/books/12-Rules-for-Life.pdf

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

People Never Accept They Have A Bad Mother / I Have A Girlfriend, But She's A Club Girl, But Now I'm Married, Should I Quit. / Should women marry ugly men Vs hot self centred guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.