Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? (2686 Views)

Heartrending Moment A Small Boy Attacks His Grandma In US (video) / Do I Build A Small House Now Or Keep Saving? / Please Can Somebody Tell Me What This Small Boy Is Looking At? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 1:12pm On Mar 10, 2021
Hello everyone. I've been having this thought for a while now.

I've always been seen as a small boy for the better part of my whole life. Even people younger than me think I'm I'm their mates, or they're even older.

I'm also the type that is timid to a fault, which makes the job even easier for them to disrespect me.

This matron in the hospital I work just called me "my son" openly where people were, while she was trying to give me some advice. I took it in my strides so as not to appear disrespectful, but I believe this type of behavior can make others easily disrespect me later on.

I even told her my age during the discussion that I'm 34years of age, thinking that would probably let her soft pedal her tone, but she still kept referring to her useless "motherly advice".

How do you think I should handle this, cos they think I'm in the same age group as most of the young staff there, and wanna treat me as such.

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by RedSquid: 1:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Walk away before they conclude. Works like karma

2 Likes

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Anigreat: 1:14pm On Mar 10, 2021
shocked

What is wrong for that Matron which I know she would be in her late fifties if not more to called you her son? . I wanted to take you serious, but that part defined your kind of person.. you're obviously an egoistic type.

If they want to dig deep at 34 you claimed to be, you're still single, no wife, no child, no good job, no house nothing nothing, and you're here looking for respect.

11 Likes

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by longetivity(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
maybe you are not matured
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by pozehnani(f): 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2021
Midnight newspaper. Lol..

On a serious note, you're still a young man even up till 40.

2 Likes

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Anigreat: 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2021
longetivity:
maybe you are not matured

Ofcourse
He's not

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Odoogu(m): 1:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
it could be your physical features, that has made it easy for them to see you as such.
how are you disrespected? is it from your character, work ethics or what?
seeming young( age, class, grade, physical attributes etc) and acting very matured is a good plus to you wherever you find yourself.
how you are being disrespected is what should concern you. And the Matron who referred to you as "my son" may mean nothing, she may have a child as old as you or even older( I don't know her age) or just from a cultural part, as long as she hasn't disrespected you in any form, you could allow that slide.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 1:30pm On Mar 10, 2021
RedSquid:
Walk away before they conclude. Works like karma

Conclude what please?
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Nehyooh(m): 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
I guess you have baby-face like me !
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Zobah: 1:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
You take relationship advice from a single woman, or single men (who has not had a stable relationship in 5-9 years,) because she has a large following on social media.

You. Are. An. Idiot.
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by RedSquid: 1:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
Iatrogen:

Conclude what please?

Whatever they were saying.

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
Anigreat:
shocked

What is wrong for that Matron which I know she would be in her late fifties if not more to called you her son? . I wanted to take you serious, but that part defined your kind of person.. you're obviously an egoistic type.

If they want to dig deep at 34 you claimed to be, you're still single, no wife, no child, no good job, no house nothing nothing, and you're here looking for respect.

You might be right to see me as the egoistic type, cos I just found out that's the way she addresses every young man out there. My only grouse initially was I thought it was because I had a young looking face that's why. I don't want something that'll make people place me in the early twenties category cos I'm sure you won't also like to be treated like a teenager just because you look like one.

Not until you start being ordered by peeps younger than you are because of a wrong impression made by someone else, before you understand what I'm saying.
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 1:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
pozehnani:
Midnight newspaper. Lol..

On a serious note, you're still a young man even up till 40.

Lols, middle age starts 35 and ends 58.

Not like age is something to be proud about, but no one wants to be treated like a kid simply because of the way they look. It's insulting.
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
Odoogu:
it could be your physical features, that has made it easy for them to see you as such.
how are you disrespected? is it from your character, work ethics or what?
seeming young( age, class, grade, physical attributes etc) and acting very matured is a good plus to you wherever you find yourself.
how you are being disrespected is what should concern you. And the Matron who referred to you as "my son" may mean nothing, she may have a child as old as you or even older( I don't know her age) or just from a cultural part, as long as she hasn't disrespected you in any form, you could allow that slide.

Thanks for that...you're very right.

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 1:44pm On Mar 10, 2021
Zobah:
You take relationship advice from a single woman, or single men (who has not had a stable relationship in 5-9 years,) because she has a large following on social media.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

What in God's green earth are you talking about?

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 1:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nehyooh:
I guess you have baby-face like me !

I believe I do.

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Zobah: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
Mind the kind of advice you take here
Iatrogen:

What in God's green earth are you talking about?
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
Zobah:
Mind the kind of advice you take here

That's the reason it's called an advice. I have enough grey matter to sift the wheat from the chaff.

You still haven't given yours by the way...

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by pozehnani(f): 1:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
Iatrogen:

Lols, middle age starts 35 and ends 58.

Not like age is something to be proud about, but no one wants to be treated like a kid simply because of the way they look. It's insulting.

Can you blame God for making you the way you are? Of course you can't.

Mind you, it's not only people with small stature that are being treated anyhow or like a kid. If you don't have money, no matter your physique, you'll be treated like a kid. Or have you not seen where someone big is being disrespected and treated like trash?

Money is what commands respect. Not your size.

Learn to love yourself

2 Likes

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by zed7: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
You're still a young man, no reason why the woman can't call you her son.

Respect in this part of the world is based on appearance and perception. If people assume you are well to do, they'll respect you, irrespective of your age.

My only advice is to carry yourself well; with dignity. Strive to also be successful, try to be at par with your age mate, that also helps to get respect.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
pozehnani:

Can you blame God for making you the way you are? Of course you can't.

Mind you, it's not only people with small stature that are being treated anyhow or like a kid. If you don't have money, no matter your physique, you'll be treated like a kid. Or have you not seen where someone bib is being disrespected and treated like trash?

Money is what commands respect. Not your size.

Learn to love yourself

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Zobah: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
Do not allow people who have never been where you want to go tell you not to go there.

Do not allow people who have never done what you want to do tell you that it cannot be done.

Do not allow broke people tell you that you cannot be rich.

90% of the people who give you advice on here have never been in such a situation

They have never been successful at what they are talking about.

Do not allow people who are tenants and yet to pay their own rent advice you

Stop taking advice from fakes, failures and frauds.
Iatrogen:

That's the reason it's called an advice. I have enough grey matter to sift the wheat from the chaff.

You still haven't given yours by the way...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
zed7:
You're still a young man, no reason why the woman can't call you her son.

Respect in this part of the world is based on appearance and perception. If people assume you are well to do, they'll respect you, irrespective of your age.

My only advice is to carry yourself well; with dignity. Strive to also be successful, try to be at par with your age mate, that also helps to get respect.

You peeps still don't get what annoyed me. My annoyance is the fact she did it openly. It's somehow denigrating based on my perception.

It's an official workplace, and some level of respect should be displayed there. I guess I'm wrong though.
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
Zobah:
Do not allow people who have never been where you want to go tell you not to go there.

Do not allow people who have never done what you want to do tell you that it cannot be done.

Do not allow broke people tell you that you cannot be rich.

90% of the people who give you advice on here have never been in such a situation

They have never been successful at what they are talking about.

Do not allow people who are tenants and yet to pay their own rent advice you

Stop taking advice from fakes, failures and frauds.

Hmmm...thank you very much. I appreciate.
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by MufasaLion: 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
Iatrogen:

You peeps still don't get what annoyed me. My annoyance is the fact she did it openly. It's somehow denigrating based on my perception.

It's an official workplace, and some level of respect should be displayed there. I guess I'm wrong though.

Probably maybe you've been too humble or you've made yourself available for such and they took advantage. Or maybe the woman is just like that.

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
MufasaLion:

Probably maybe you've been too humble or you've made yourself available for such and they took advantage. Or maybe the woman is just like that.

You seem to be the only person who has gotten the jist so far...

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by MufasaLion: 3:47pm On Mar 10, 2021
Iatrogen:

You seem to be the only person who has gotten the jist so far...

Lol... I understand what you are going through.

The thing is that the woman might actually be a nice woman and you're probably a dude that respect the elderly ones but she doesn't seem to know where and when to do some "Mummy's duties". Try and limit your association and conversations with her if possible.

People tend to take advantage of some certain things especially when you're too respectful or have small stature. Some people are saying you should elevate yourself financially but it's not really about that with women like this grin. Some women just like this unnecessarily "Big mummy duties" even if you're Dangote and that will make it worse.

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Iatrogen: 4:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
MufasaLion:

Lol... I understand what you are going through.

The thing is that the woman might actually be a nice woman and you're probably a dude that respect the elderly ones but she doesn't seem to know where and when to do some "Mummy's duties". Try and limit your association and conversations with her if possible.

People tend to take advantage of some certain things especially when you're too respectful or have small stature. Some people are saying you should elevate yourself financially but it's not really about that with women like this grin. Some women just like this unnecessarily "Big mummy duties" even if you're Dangote and that will make it worse.

My brother, oil dey your head. Wish we can get to know each other better. I like highly cerebral people like you.

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by MufasaLion: 4:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
Iatrogen:

My brother, oil dey your head. Wish we can get to know each other better. I like highly cerebral people like you.

Send me PM
Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Uyi168: 8:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
Iatrogen:
Hello everyone. I've been having this thought for a while now.

I've always been seen as a small boy for the better part of my whole life. Even people younger than me think I'm I'm their mates, or they're even older.

I'm also the type that is timid to a fault, which makes the job even easier for them to disrespect me.

This matron in the hospital I work just called me "my son" openly where people were, while she was trying to give me some advice. I took it in my strides so as not to appear disrespectful, but I believe this type of behavior can make others easily disrespect me later on.

I even told her my age during the discussion that I'm 34years of age, thinking that would probably let her soft pedal her tone, but she still kept referring to her useless "motherly advice".

How do you think I should handle this, cos they think I'm in the same age group as most of the young staff there, and wanna treat me as such.
The thing with women is that immediately they start giving birth, they start seeing others as their younger ones.. Dishing out unsolicited advice..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by pozehnani(f): 8:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
Iatrogen:

Come, how is it doing you? So all of us that contributed above, our cerebral capacity is low?
Small boy tongue kikikikikiki grin.

**Runs out of thread**

1 Like

Re: Is 34years Old Still Seen As A Small Boy? by Karleb(m): 8:43pm On Mar 10, 2021
Different people with different problem.

My own issue is of late, people give me this undue respect. I am no where near 34 but there is this lady I greet and she responds with sir everytime. If that girl isn't older than me then we'll be mate.

I call her by her name but she still refers to me as Mr. Caleb.

It makes me feel olddd. embarassed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Cant I Marry Two Sisters? / I Want To Cross-dress Sometimes But My Wife / How Do I Get A Tripplet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.