Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? (21428 Views)

My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views / 61-Year-Old Woman Gives Birth To Triplets After 40 Years In Marriage. Photos / How To Convince Parents That Tribe Doesn't Matter In Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Arijude(m): 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2021
urbobo20:
it never and it will never be a problem . am a christan born and broth up in delta state . married a yoruba muslem born and broth up in lagos , and we both move to warri we are leaving in peace and respect
dey there. Time shall tell. They must bend you and convert you at last. Non of your children will have Christian name or go to church
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by saphiere(f): 10:38pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possesed all the qualities I need in a man.

He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him.

But the issue is that he's a Muslim while am a christian lady.

Pls house does religion matters in marriage
Yes it does. God warns against it.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by specialmati(m): 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2021
OneYeyeBoi:
secularistianity
grin grin grin what does it mean oooh.but on a serious note i got confuse when self acclaim so called Christian ask questions that is not even meant to be asked. cool cool cool
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by CALCULUS16: 10:40pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

I met this guy in my final year in school, we almost shared the same view in life, he possesed all the qualities I need in a man.

He's so caring, kind, handsome, a good pay Job n from a humble home, I can't deny the fact that I Love him.

Religion is pivotal in marriage, but I don't expect a Christian to be asking this kind question, unless u r a christian by mouth not by faith, anyways, what I'm seeing here is infatuation, u love him base on how rich and how handsome he is, or may be u have allowed him to *eat the forbiden* grin this can also bring this kind of question
My sister, for the sake of your unborn children, don't do it, I'm writing from experience

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2021
SmellySperm:

lol no be me and her my guy grin

denying you intended wife in a public forum is Haram grin

abi make I quote ruling on that one too? grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Kebbiprince: 10:41pm On Mar 13, 2021
edoairways:
Onyi22 it matters especially in this part of the world. Consider the future and your kids. Don't be moved by infatuation
It matters everywhere in the world don't be deceived, a Saudi Muslim will never pick a Christian as a wife
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by sleeknaija(m): 10:42pm On Mar 13, 2021
Arijude:
you must be a muslim terrorist. They hate hearing the truth

Dont be so quick to conclude id**t. Is that what your religion taught you? To always criticise and call people of not same religion with u terrorists?
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:42pm On Mar 13, 2021
Enculer:
You want to become the 1st of many wives.

1st occupant of the Harem grin grin grin
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Mar 13, 2021
99thEnemy:

denying you intended wife in a public forum is Haram grin
abi make I quote ruling on that one too? grin grin grin grin
lol Bros the way u dey Happy this night sef,be like u get excess joy grin
show me small levels na
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by blazepascal(m): 10:43pm On Mar 13, 2021
kmaster007:
you think so
why not
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by MufasaLion: 10:44pm On Mar 13, 2021
Arijude:
that's just the truth

Thank you. It seems you are among the few that have exposure.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by MufasaLion: 10:45pm On Mar 13, 2021
Arijude:
"na why them dey kill people like you" just see how you're making mouth. You can't be muslim without being fanatic. That's for sure. All of you are one. Nothing different from boko boys operating from sambisa forest and other muslims in the streets.

Did I mention anywhere that I'm a Muslim?. Assumption is misleading, you know?
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by josephft2000: 10:46pm On Mar 13, 2021
BORROWED RELIGIONS THAT ARE NOTHING BUT AGENT OF DIVISION, OPPRESSION AND WAR
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Saig: 10:47pm On Mar 13, 2021
it matters a lot for your mental health and tranquility of your children
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by sleeknaija(m): 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
BadEnglish:
I'm a christian while my fiancee na Muslim and we get along just fine with our religions. Infact I bought a prayer mat and plastic kettle and kept in my apartment, whenever she's around she observes her prayers and I respect her belief as she does mine. Aye Yi o le. Na we make am dey hard

Abhi o. Na we dey make life hard for ourselves. wink

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by gassbee: 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2021
You r not a true believer in Christ

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Arijude(m): 10:49pm On Mar 13, 2021
MufasaLion:

Did I mention anywhere that I'm a Muslim?. Assumption is misleading, you know?
your monika tells me you're a muslim
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by witworth(m): 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2021
Religion is the problem in marriage and it remains a biggest problem in the world, so to answer your question,
It matters more then the marriage itself and it's also a source of blindness, mentally
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by just2endowed: 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

It kind of do.... Even among Christians if different faith. Especially celestial church to pentecostal it catholic to pentecostal.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Arijude(m): 10:50pm On Mar 13, 2021
sleeknaija:

Dont be so quick to conclude id**t. Is that what your religion taught you? To always criticise and call people of not same religion with u terrorists?
you talk and react like a terrorist
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by kilonshele101(m): 10:51pm On Mar 13, 2021
Religion that should be an ultimate tool of unity and peace in now a tool of division. What a pity.

Imagine some hypocrites telling this young girl that her feelings for the person she love are mere infatuation. In power of what you believe in, may the very thing they cherish be regarded as worthless by others.

Some even said she's not a Christian, for feeling what she should naturally and normally feel towards the one her heart chose, denying her of her religion. In power of what they believe, May they be denied and rejected for following their heart and choice at the most important stage of their life.

I wonder what is it in marriage when there no LOVE and CARE, yet some idiots are not even thinking of the most important ingredients of marriage, no wonder there are many pastors with extramarital sexual scandals.

If you believe they are not good for each not because they don't love each other, not because they are not ready to stand by each other at every stage of their life, not because they not faithful to each other, not because they are not ready to support and assist each at their darkest times, not because they won't be comfortable and happy with each others, not because they not ready to tolerate each other, but for some absurd and controversial reasons, then I pray with everything in me, may that same reasons prevent you from getting That very important thing you're looking for.

You should ask yourself why do pastors and alfas have marriage issues AT ALL, when they (above all things) strictly follow the criteria some hypocrites here pointing to.

My sister, I truly understand what you are going through at the moment, I can't help but to wonder, how can religion be causing this much emotional pain to its brethren.

If I should tell you to follow your heart at this part of the world , I'm just being unrealistic. The truth is that it's both of you against the world, so The question is, do you truly love each other, then are you both ready to fight your way to be together, can you cope, of course not with each other, but with the world which might include your families. Talk to your partner about the future, ensure you reach a definite agreement taking into consideration your children, inform your families about the agreement. You can even make it a written agreement. If both families are okay with the agreement. Then fine you are good to go, if they are not, then you fight your way, you have the law backing you, but honestly, I won't advise you to have issues with your families. So you should talk to your partner more on adjustment. And if you can't cope with the struggle, then you do what they want coz your peace of mind is important. Give yourself some time coz TIME is the only thing that can cure your heart after departing him. I'm sure you will get yourself back on track In no time, as a young graduate you still have your life to live and achievements to accomplish. During the process you might meet a CHRISTIAN guy, then you will know if you are to thank them or remind them.

13 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by highbee02: 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
One of u must be ready to renounce his or her religion, otherwise the children would be practicing Chrislam.

Even among the Christians, there are different faiths
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by amsktn: 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
Go for him

Onyi22:
From my inbox

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by sageer1706(m): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
Personally I don't put into consideration AGE and RELIGION when it comes to the matters of the heart....
My happiness is everything.(besides my mum is a christian and dad a practicing Muslim)

2 Likes

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Arijude(m): 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2021
CALCULUS16:

Religion is pivotal in marriage, but I don't expect a Christian to be asking this kind question, unless u r a christian by mouth not by faith, anyways, what I'm seeing here is infatuation, u love him base on how rich and how handsome he is, or may be u have allowed him to *eat the forbiden* grin this can also bring this kind of question
My sister, for the sake of your unborn children, don't do it, I'm writing from experience
no mind am. Something that scatter family alot
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ScamHunter: 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2021
Onyi22:
From my inbox

A final hint:

Satan will harden your heart and point to the stupid love you think you have for him, but your eyes will open immediately you marry him. You'll cry and wish to turn back the clock when it's already late. People like you are targets of the devil for wrong marriage because he is aware of something glorious, a man who God has ordained for you that he wants you to miss. Ignore this warning to your peril.

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by MufasaLion: 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2021
Arijude:
your monika tells me you're a muslim

Mr man stop showing your ignorance. Your Psychology game is weak.
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:54pm On Mar 13, 2021
SmellySperm:

lol Bros the way u dey Happy this night sef,be like u get excess joy grin

show me small levels na

grin grin grin

[img]https://media./images/c1b4160f731a8681bd1ba626915c567e/tenor.gif[/img]

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Arijude(m): 10:57pm On Mar 13, 2021
kilonshele101:
Religion that should be an ultimate tool of unity and peace in now a tool of division. What a pity.

Imagine some hypocrites telling this young girl that her feelings for the person she love are mere infatuation. In power of what you believe in, may the very thing they cherish be regarded as worthless by others.

Some even said she's not a Christian, for feeling what she should naturally and normally feel towards the one her heart chose, denying her of her religion. In power of what they believe, May they be denied and rejected for following their heart and choice at the most important stage of their life.

I wonder what is it in marriage when there no LOVE and CARE, yet some idiots are not even thinking of the most important ingredients of marriage, no wonder there are many pastors with extramarital sexual scandals.

If you believe they are not good for each not because they don't love each other, not because they are not ready to stand by each other at every stage of their life, not because they not faithful to each other, not because they are not ready to support and assist each at their darkest times, not because they won't be comfortable and happy with each others, not because they not ready to tolerate each other, but for some absurd and controversial reasons, then I pray with everything in me, may that same reasons prevent you for getting That very important thing you're looking for.

You should ask yourself why do pastors and alfas have marriage issues AT ALL, when they (above all things) strictly follow the criteria some hypocrites here pointing to.

My sister, I truly understand what you are going through at the moment, I can't help but to wonder, how can religion be causing this much emotional pain to its brethren.

you be a muslim. This is how they behave at first then when they finally get you , you are in soup.

1 Like

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 13, 2021
Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by ScamHunter: 11:00pm On Mar 13, 2021
urbobo20:
it never and it will never be a problem . am a christan born and broth up in delta state . married a yoruba muslem born and broth up in lagos , and we both move to warri we are leaving in peace and respect
YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN. If you are, you'll never be comfortable with darkness. Being born in a Church or attending a church never makes anyone a Christian.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? by 99thEnemy(m): 11:02pm On Mar 13, 2021
SmellySperm:

make i send my aza

you the use airtel?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Possible To Love All Your Children Equally? / Broken Eye Socket And Knocked Teeth – Lady Shares Her Story Of Domestic Violence / Pastor Seeks Dissolution Of 15 Years Marriage Over Nagging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.