Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) (44167 Views)

Coney Island One Of The Most Beautiful Beach Resorts In Lagos - Pics & Video / Roads In Dubai Vs Roads In Nigeria (Photos) / 12 Beautiful Resorts In Nigeria Where You Can Enjoy Your Honeymoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by zoedew: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
travelwaka:
this is one of the oldest resorts in Nigeria built in 1985, Nigeria is truly blessed.

@ lalasticlala

Quality construction. Very solid management! Sharp investment! Cocksure ROI Projections have been attained. Must be refocusing now that insecurity and terrible traffic and condition of the Lagos Ibadan Expressway no longer makes it an attractive destination for blue chip corporate patronage! Just thinking ..... the management could do a helipad or two to ferry clientele and the blue chips might be back in. I hate to see the place run down by the unruly pasocrowd breaking bottles on heads wearing weird hairstyles straight outta hell’s Salon R & D Department and dirty and unwashed bodies of lecherous money-miss road folks looking out for short-time coitus!

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Jerewise332(m): 3:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
Wowww
It has been a long time I saw this flower

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by zoedew: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2021
Jerewise332:
Wowww
It has been a long time I saw this flower
Now, you see it!! Lolzzzzzzz!
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Godmademan(m): 3:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
What should be the normal look in our environment is now being monetised as resort in my country. No problem....God dey

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by angelfallz(m): 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nice, it looks like the place was renovated.
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Bakare19: 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nice sceneries
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by bigcee(m): 3:46pm On Mar 25, 2021
pocohantas:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13252486_ogereresort57_jpeg43995e14af19a2e896bebef98117d77d

Maybe it is my eyes, but the conference room looks more like a training school.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13252489_ogereresort108_jpeg57813a6839ea798b316bb2cf139d67ab

This one looks like Dragnet test centre or JAMB’s CBT centre. Nothing conference about them...

Naso... cheesy
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by obonujoker(m): 3:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
dairykidd:
There is virtually nothing to do here.. boring old crap. It should be sold or leased to someone with big ideas undecided

I'm telling you... I rather stay for one hotel wey dey city than this cold blooded experience...

4 Likes

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Ykc2(m): 3:50pm On Mar 25, 2021
This resort is like a person going to a factory for his or her holiday undecideda resort with walls ?the resort is like omolayo paper company ado ekiti undecided

3 Likes

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by zoedew: 3:51pm On Mar 25, 2021
harjay1986:

it a private owned, by indigen from OGERE named BODE
Wow! Should be glad to know and meet him! 30 year old investment this well kept! Kudos to him and his team of business strategists!

3 Likes

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by zoedew: 3:52pm On Mar 25, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:
The place looks boring. undecided
I understand you!
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by zoedew: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
Machinegun91:
foolish people
Now, why are you this angry?
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by zoedew: 3:53pm On Mar 25, 2021
harjay1986:

are you from ogere
No Sir.
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by zoedew: 3:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
angelfallz:
Nice, it looks the place was renovated.
It is 3:54pm now. Sure thing your stomach was renovated this morning with something called breakfast!
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by angelfallz(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2021
you should go to comedy academy, because your joke is not funny. grin

zoedew:

It is 3:54pm now. Sure thing your stomach was renovated this morning with something called breakfast!

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by 2nattie(m): 4:04pm On Mar 25, 2021
Really nice place. Went there sometimes in the late 80s when my pops went there on a training along with other top officials where he worked. He was there for like 2 months. My mum and my siblings went to visit him and I had a nice time. Back then it was known as TCC Ogere. I remember my mum telling me to read and study well in school that I will be successful in life and would enjoy life in places like this. I must also commend the management for a job well done. Over the years, travelling on the Lagos-Ibadan express and looking at the gate, I have always thought the place would have been in 'ruins. I think government should start considering PIPE arrangements/mgt for most of our amenities. I believe it's workable.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by ttalks(m): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
I spent a night here in 2019 when my previous car broke down at Ogere on my way from Lagos to Ibadan one fateful evening.
It was a relief to have such a place available to spend the night and find my way the following day.
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Lakeside247(m): 4:05pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nice place.
Had a short course there sometime ago. I can't forget that swimming pool in a hurry.
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Cashify: 4:27pm On Mar 25, 2021
hmmm
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 4:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
Yes you are right, now it is a full fledge resort available to everyone

zoedew:
Reason you think TCC has been a secret all these while is because it has been focused on serious, productive and corporate entities for patronage. It was a conference centre. You were not sure to have its gates thrown open for you just because you could pay! May be a different focus has come to play now!

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by travelwaka: 4:31pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nope I am not, well I don't even think I am more of an adventurous eater

zoedew:

I must say that you have a healthy appetite! I’m in the hope that you are not over 50 years old!!

2 Likes

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Tokotaya: 4:33pm On Mar 25, 2021
How can you knock somebody's hustle like this? Cant you fear God small? Dont you plan to have a business of your own someday?

dairykidd:
There is virtually nothing to do here.. boring old crap. It should be sold or leased to someone with big ideas undecided

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by jaykay68(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
How much are the room rates, l will like to spend my easter break there. Pls respond as soon as possible.
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by jaykay68(m): 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nice place it looks.
Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Sagay212: 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2021
OP Olosho dey ogere resort?

3 Likes

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by brandsoncharlie: 6:00pm On Mar 25, 2021
The place is nice but average especially the rooms, the room I lodged for 25k at ikeja is same thing like this, so why should I spend 60k.
Maybe for other reasons best known to them like security and all that.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by CapitalBank: 6:04pm On Mar 25, 2021
pocohantas:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/13252486_ogereresort57_jpeg43995e14af19a2e896bebef98117d77d

Maybe it is my eyes, but the conference room looks more like a training school.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/13252489_ogereresort108_jpeg57813a6839ea798b316bb2cf139d67ab

This one looks like Dragnet test centre or JAMB’s CBT centre. Nothing conference about them...

Naso... cheesy
Yes, it is actually a training place. TOTAL and other multinational oil companies used the place for the for their trainee place. Most of my friends were trained there during their TOTAL training program.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Soknown: 6:21pm On Mar 25, 2021
zoedew:
Reason you think TCC has been a secret all these while is because it has been focused on serious, productive and corporate entities for patronage. It was a conference centre. You were not sure to have its gates thrown open for you just because you could pay! May be a different focus has come to play now!
This place was being used as Technical training Center by Chevron and some other corporate entities back in the days. Guess the Elebutes have seen other use for the facility.
It has always been a dope facility.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Soknown: 6:23pm On Mar 25, 2021
CapitalBank:
Yes, it is actually a training place. TOTAL and other multinational oil companies used the place for the for their trainee place. Most of my friends were trained there during their TOTAL training program.
Total, Chevron, Cegelec Prime Atlantic.

1 Like

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Gerrard59(m): 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
AreaFada2:
Looks good but no people around in the pics.
It's a bit pricey for the purchasing power of an average Nigerian.

To be fair, it's fairly priced considering alternatives and hotel prices in prime mainland areas of Lagos.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Visit To Ogere Resort: One Of The Biggest Resorts In Nigeria (Photos, Video) by Blessed4sure: 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
Op, please make it very clear what sort of resort it is. To avoid disappointing people.

The fact is, Ogere resort, though it's called a resort, is more of a training facility, conference centre, a place for management retreats, etc. In a quiet, serene, and secured environment.

I have been there once and saw several standard companies training their staff there. It also has an insurance training centre.

For a company or individual who wants a private resort to train staff, or to have a retreat, it's a very good place. Also, families, etc can have a private retreat there. It also has recreational facilities like the OP has shown.

But if you're the fun loving one looking for a place to catch fun, have parties, etc. It might not be the best place for you.

Though it has excellent recreational facilities, the environment is a bit "academic"

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Uk Visa Was Rejected, What Did I Do Wrong / My Trip To The Asian Side Of Istanbul Turkey Pictures / Terrible Accident At Obosi-nkpor Road Anambra; So Many Confirmed Dead (ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.