Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,282 members, 7,860,651 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:49 PM

Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin (7784 Views)

Breaking News: Peter Obi Coordinator Alagoa Morris Join PDP / Ndoki, Bonny, Opobo / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by SlayerForever: 1:59pm On Mar 30, 2021
[s]
Igboid:

Until you IPOB stop disgracing Ndiigbo with your shameful unity begging, whereby you make irrelevant groups start feeling relevant before Ndiigbo, I will not stop calling you lots out. angry
[/s]
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Can you show me the earliest written documents in pre -colonial or post colonial time showing the name of a group a "Eka". There are many documents those leaders in Agbor brought forward as evidence to this claim. Now tell me, why are Agbor people rejecting the IKA claim as their language or people? Why such aggressiveness?
Be truthful- Secondly, can you provide any document showing your name to be "Eka"? What does Eka mean in Benin language? Let us be even logical.

Here are full support from Agbor people supporting my claim. Why is there so much anti-Ika identity within Agbor, which is supposed to be the largest group?

It seems it is like the smaller villages that are pushing for the acronym so bad.
CC: Igboid, Fejoku

I'm very much aware of their internal confusion within Ika. I have been a member of Onu Ika for years before I became a regular visitor after the Igbo phobic majority there threw me out from the group.
The Agbor man believes he is Agbor and that there is no ethnic group called Ika. He believes other Ika towns were all extensions of people who left Agbor to establish those places. The Obi or is it dein of Agbor once released a public statement where he encouraged his Agbor people to stop giving their children Igbo and wait for it, IKA names.
People were all over the net talking about the Dein telling Agbor people to stop bearing Igbo names that they all missed out on the big Elephant in the room, which is the fact that the Dein also warned the people against bearing IKA names.

The Agbor suffers from Bini Stockholm syndrome. But somehow they want other Ika towns not to claim to have migrated from Bini too, but to claim to have migrated from Agbor. grin

They don't think that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Why should other Ika towns claim Agbor origin, so that Agbor can claim Bini origin, when the Ika towns can claim direct origin from Bini themselves? grin

Those lots are confused lots, and sincerely speaking, left for me , they should not be Part of Biafra as they have nothing to offer us but their Bini contaminated and confused selves. We don't need Ika. I'm yet to see any IPOB member convince me on the merits of addition of such confused people into Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

Stop your disgraceful unity begging.
How can anyone visit an Igbo phobic page like Onu Ika and come on NL to lie that the people there are pro Igbo/Biafra?
What exactly do you intend to achieve with such self deceiving propaganda?
I would say I am pro-IPOB. However, I believe the Biafra agitations also need people like you to give a balancing view and snap some of these people back to reality.
The problem is that some do not have the amount of information that you have. Some do not even know the difference between Ika, Ukwuani and Enuani. They do not understand. They believe all of them are the same.

It is also the fault of some Igbo elements who go around seeking brotherhood where they are not accepted or those who do not deserve it. >Again, you cannot throw away the baby with the bathwater.
I however. believe that people should work to deserve that Igbo label or identity.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Igboid: 2:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

You're very very stupid to say I will leave all I have to do and come here to lie. You're very stupid. I would have gotten several screenshot to show here but I don't give a damn what you think. Rubbish!

No need for selected screenshots messages of IPOB members in Onu Ika page with fake accounts claiming to be Ika to make pro Igbo statements there.

Onu Ika is a public forum, anyone can access the contents there without being a member. I'm no longer a member there, but still access their content.
Let me go and search for the Dorathy BBN thread there and post the link here, so that every one can see how Igbo phobic those lots are.

Ndiigbo must start telling ourselves the bitter truth about these minorities. Only the truth would help us going forward.

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by SlayerForever: 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

No need for selected screenshots messages of IPOB members in Onu Ika page with fake accounts claiming to be Ika to make pro Igbo statements there.

Onu Ika is a public forum, anyone can access the contents there without being a member. I'm no longer a member there, but still access their content.
Let me go and search for the Dorathy BBN thread there and post here, so that every one can see how Igbo phobic those lots are.

Okay.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 2:17pm On Mar 30, 2021
Igboid:

I'm very much aware of their internal confusion within Ika. I have been a member of Onu Ika for years before I became a regular visitor after the Igbo phobic majority there threw me out from the group.
The Agbor man believes he is Agbor and that there is no ethnic group called Ika. He believes other Ika towns were all extensions of people who left Agbor to establish those places. The Obi or is it dein of Agbor once released a public statement where he encouraged his Agbor people to stop giving their children Igbo and wait for it, IKA names.
People were all over the net talking about the Dein telling Agbor people to stop bearing Igbo names that they all missed out on the big Elephant in the room, which is the fact that the Dein also warned the people against bearing IKA names.

The Agbor suffers from Bini Stockholm syndrome. But someone they want other Ika towns not to claim to have migrated from Bini too, but to claim to have migrated from Agbor. grin

They don't think that what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
Why should other Ika towns claim Agbor origin, so that Agbor can claim Bini origin, when the Ika towns can claim direct origin from Bini themselves? grin

Those lots are confused lots, and sincerely speaking, left for me , they should not be Part of Biafra as they have nothing to offer us but their Bini contaminated and confused selves. We don't need Ika. I'm yet to see any IPOB member convince me on the merits of addition of such confused people into Biafra.
Well, I do not know what is happening in Enuani right now. I hope they have not contaminated them with this identity crisis. For me, those are the important people. Those are the most relevant in the scheme of things. The last time I checked, they are all still proud Igbos and the rest of Delta North understood and respected this.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Can you show me the earliest written documents in pre -colonial or post colonial time showing the name of a group a "Eka". There are many documents those leaders in Agbor brought forward as evidence to this claim. Now tell me, why are Agbor people rejecting the IKA claim as their language or people? Why such aggressiveness?
Be truthful- Secondly, can you provide any document showing your name to be "Eka"? What does Eka mean in Benin language? Let us be even logical.

Here are full support from Agbor people supporting my claim. Why is there so much anti-Ika identity within Agbor, which is supposed to be the largest group?

It seems it is like the smaller villages that are pushing for the acronym so bad.
CC: Igboid, Fejoku
You ask the binis and they will tell you,perhaps I have met some elderly people from Owa and agbor they confirm.Yes,the british used IKA but before then we were called Eka.
Some uninformed people from agbor may post anything on social media.They forgot how we were addressed as Eka people especially by our benin blood brothers.
We from other clan are not attaching to agbor(ask any agbor person)
The crude oil will have in ika land is in other clans like mbiri,Igbodo,abavo,akumazi,otolokpo,Idumesah,Owa etc.
The railway station that pass through agbor clan has it station in owa-oyibu(owa clan)
There is an oil flow station in abavo clan,Agbor people see we other clan as brothers.
There is no division anyway.
There about seven dialect of our language.(Owa dialect is very simple,that the one I speak)but I can understand and speak other dialects.
My town(owa-oyibu) We have a polytechnic,a GRA,LGA headquarter and and the stool of the entire owa clan.
Even a mini stadium.
A police station.
In Owa oyibu all the road are tarred.
In owa-alero(okowa hometown)the guy built a modern market for them.They have good schools.
Okowa is even trying to replicate what is in my town in his town(tarring all roads in the town).
Infact all owa towns,you have basic infastructures.
Umunede clan have Nysc camp and good schools .
Same with other clans have everything agbor have.
But agbor have the bigger landmass,that is why people from other clans are sometimes residing in agbor.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

You ask the binis and they will tell you,perhaps I have met some elderly people from Owa and agbor they confirm.Yes,the british used IKA but before then we were called Eka.
Some uninformed people from agbor may post anything on social media.They forgot how we were addressed as Eka people especially by our benin blood brothers.
We from other clan are not attaching to agbor(ask any agbor person)
The crude oil will have in ika land is in other clans like mbiri,Igbodo,abavo,akumazi,otolokpo,Idumesah,Owa etc.
The railway station that pass through agbor clan has it station in owa-oyibu(owa clan)
There is an oil flow station in abavo clan,Agbor people see we other clan as brothers.
There is no division anyway.
There about seven dialect of our language.(Owa dialect is very simple,that the one I speak)but I can understand and speak other dialects.
My town(owa-oyibu) We have a polytechnic,a GRA,LGA headquarter and and the stool of the entire owa clan.
Even a mini stadium.
A police station.
In Owa oyibu all the road are tarred.
In owa-alero(okowa hometown)the guy built a modern market for them.They have good schools.
Okowa is even trying to replicate what is in my town in his town(tarring all roads in the town).
Infact all owa towns,you have basic infastructures.
Umunede clan have Nysc camp and good schools .
Same with other clans have everything agbor have.
But agbor have the bigger landmass,that is why people from other clans are sometimes residing in agbor.
Well, What I posted has a combined comments of 1100. If you check carefully, all the agbor indigenes were in agreement. Some even got feedback from their grandparents to further confirm these posts.

Well, if i were you, I would try to know which came first, with proof Eka or IKA, because these guys came with receipts to show that IKA is a British acronym. Even some came with old pre-colonial letter posts.

This is not a good thing especially with the aggressive push the majority of the Agbor people are making...
Your own duty is to counter them with facts and receipts. Not just making oral claims with zero proof.
I ask once again, can you show us the first place Eka appeared on any documents? They brought their own proof.
is the word IKA older than Agbor?
They are making it seem like you guys are using the Ika word to ride on their own identity based on their own history.

Thi is what we call, "identity crisis".
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Fejoku: 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

You're very very stupid to say I will leave all I have to do and come here to lie. You're very stupid. I would have gotten several screenshot to show here but I don't give a damn what you think. Rubbish!
Kwusinu ife ifele unu n'eme. Ozugo!

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 2:53pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Well, What I posted has a combined comments of 1100. If you check carefully, all the agbor indigenes were in agreement. Some even got feedback from their grandparents to further confirm these posts.

Well, if i were you, I would try to know which came first, with proof Eka or IKA, because these guys came with receipts to show that IKA is a British acronym. Even some came with old pre-colonial letter posts.

This is not a good thing especially with the aggressive push the majority of the Agbor people are making...
Your own duty is to counter them with facts and receipts. Not just making oral claims with zero proof.
I ask once again, can you show us the first place Eka appeared on any documents? They brought their own proof.
is the word IKA older than Agbor?
They are making it seem like you guys are using the Ika word to ride on their own identity based on their own history.

Thi is what we call, "identity crisis".
Eka is older than Ika,bought I will get back to you somedays to prove it.But,get this straight there is a meeting that normally hold annually and all the head of each clans and their elites must attend it.Meetjng is to bring unity.
Our clans don't fight each others like other tribe all the time,we may quarrel and settle.
But in the ancient time,there was one war between Igbanke and agbor clans but na agbor first find trouble,but they later settle and continue our relationship.Agbor people prospering than the rest clan because of their access to education and political representation of Ika people.
Even the Obi of agbor do visit obi of owa sometimes.But obi of agbor is not powerful than obi of owa(they are equal) in spiritual realm and traditional setting.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 3:22pm On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Eka is older than Ika,bought I will get back to you somedays to prove it.But,get this straight there is a meeting that normally hold annually and all the head of each clans and their elites must attend it.Meetjng is to bring unity.
Our clans don't fight each others like other tribe all the time,we may quarrel and settle.
But in the ancient time,there was one war between Igbanke and agbor clans but na agbor first find trouble,but they later settle and continue our relationship.Agbor people prospering than the rest clan because of their access to education and political representation of Ika people.
Even the Obi of agbor do visit obi of owa sometimes.But obi of agbor is not powerful than obi of owa(they are equal) in spiritual realm and traditional setting.
Okay, I read that in the past, there was a deep political rivalry between these two. I believe you guys shout deal with that Agbor issue as soon as possible. Before you know it, you will find out that Agbor is now a separate entity... You guys will now start begging for them to be part of IkA.
When you get these documents, plaster them everywhere and engage all of them with informed discussions so that you all can forge the same identity without further confusion for your future generation.

There is also a large Igbo history group where people from Abavo are fighting for Igbo identity. They were posting what one Oba from one of their village said or something like that. The Igbo people in the groups were kicking that they are expelled and the post be removed. It leads to some squabbles until the admins came to give some insights.
I believe your politicians or youth movements need to be committed to one identity and make that rule applicable to all in order to arrest these developments from the very< beginning.

I also find that many Igbos especially in the SE are beginning to reject any sort of brotherhood with Ika people. Many of them are even showing irritation, this was not the case before. In the past, may would have stood for Ika and caution people those guys but today, many are going the way of Igboid here...

Well, I believe you guys should craft and define your alliances. If more people from the majority Igbo clans are getting this attitude now, in the future, your people may only have Benin as your alliance and I do not need to tell you that the average Benin man on the street see you as an Igbo person no matter how hard you try. Your people will now be left in political isolation. However, you can sell yourself well to the Benin people. They might not see you as equals but at least, it should be known that they have your back.

2 LGAs will not cut it in the scheme of things in Nigeria of today. Define your alliances and follow them well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by ThumbzTNA(m): 3:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
SlayerForever:
[s][/s]

If you have proof, then post it. it's not only Igboid that reads this threads
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 3:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Okay, I read that in the past, there was a deep political rivery between these two. I believe you guys shout deal with that Agbor issue as soon as possible. Before you know it, you will find out that Agbor is now a separate identity... You guys will now start begging for them to be part of IkA.
When you get these documents, plaster it everywhere and engage all of them with informed discussions so that you all can forge the same identity without further confusion for your future generation.

There is also a large Igbo history group where people from Abavo are fighting for Igbo identity.. They were posting what one Oba from one of their village said or something like that. The Igbo people in the groups were kicking that they be expelled and the post be removed. It lead to some squabbles until the admins came to give some insights.
I believe your politicians or youth movements need to be committed to one identity and make that rule applicable to all in order to arrest these developments from the very< beginning.

I also find that many Igbos especially in the SE are beginning to reject any sort of brotherhood with Ika people.. Many of them are even showing irritation, this was not the case before. In the past, may would have stood for Ika and caution people those guys but today, many are going the way of Igboid here...

Well, I believe you guys should craft and define your alliances. If more people from the majority Igbo clans are getting this attitude now, in the future, your people may only have Benin as your alliance and I do not need to tell you that the average Benin man on the street see you as an Igbo person no matter how hard you try. Your people will now be left in political isolation. However, you can sell yourself well to the Benin people. They might not see you as equals but at least, it should be known that they have your back.

2 LGAs will not cut it in the scheme of thing in Nigeria of today. Define your alliances and follow them well.
Yes,that abavo issue I was aware about a kingship tussle.What happened is that when their king died,they refused to install the first son because his mother is a benin woman.
Originally,the first settler and founder of abavo clan is called awo,he was suppose to be used for human sacrifice by the Oba of benin(I think that was the era of Great ewaure the first) but lucky he escaped and settled in abavo before some ndokwa traders and Igbos settled with him.In Ika local politics,It is Agbor and Owa that are the main actors,whatever decision we make,they will follow.
In edo state,we have ekpon clan in Igueben LGA,we have Igbanke clan in Orhiowmon LGAand some owa towns in uhumwode LGA.But we the ikas in delta are still fighting for our brothers to be added back to delta.
We cannot trade our Ika identity for benin.We just see them as place of origin of some of our ancestors.
Obi of agbor is still young and we have time to fight the benins,and reclaim our land the Oba is trying to use EDSG to claim by forcing our eze and obi in Igbanke to start adding enogie title or their entitlement will not be given to them(oh poor Igbanke kings).
But my concern is the obi of owa,he is old now,instead of his royal sons to start looking how will reclaim our owa communities in edo state,they are busy playing dirty palace politics,when God decide to call obi of owa back home,his children may even divide owa clan,all his sons want to rule once instead of the first son only.
In the past despite our blood relationship with the benins,the agbor benin fought and won benin people many times(But benin will always hide this part)
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 3:57pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Okay, I read that in the past, there was a deep political rivery between these two. I believe you guys shout deal with that Agbor issue as soon as possible. Before you know it, you will find out that Agbor is now a separate identity... You guys will now start begging for them to be part of IkA.
When you get these documents, plaster it everywhere and engage all of them with informed discussions so that you all can forge the same identity without further confusion for your future generation.

There is also a large Igbo history group where people from Abavo are fighting for Igbo identity.. They were posting what one Oba from one of their village said or something like that. The Igbo people in the groups were kicking that they be expelled and the post be removed. It lead to some squabbles until the admins came to give some insights.

I also find that many Igbos especially in the SE are beginning to reject any sort of brotherhood with Ika people.. Many of them are even showing irritation, this was not the case before. In the past, may would have stood for Ika and caution people those guys but today, many are going the way of Igboid here...

2 LGAs will not cut it in the scheme of thing in Nigeria of today. Define your alliances and follow them well.
Yes in the past agbor and owa were always competing.But as an owa person,I have one agbor friend wey me and am dey always compete,it just make us stronger.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by SlayerForever: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2021
ThumbzTNA:

If you have proof, then post it. it's not only Igboid that reads this threads

Of what use. He has said they are ipob members who are masquerading as Ika people.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 4:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Yes,that abavo issue I was aware about a kingship tussle.What happened is that when their king died,they refused to install the first son because his mother is a benin woman.
Originally,the first settler and founder of abavo clan is called awo,he was suppose to be used for human sacrifice by the Oba of benin(I think that was the era of Great ewaure the first) but lucky he escaped and settled in abavo before some ndokwa traders and Igbos settled with him.In Ika local politics,It is Agbor and Owa that are the main actors,whatever decision we make,they will follow.
In edo state,we have ekpon clan in Igueben LGA,we have Igbanke clan in Orhiowmon LGAand some owa towns in uhumwode LGA.But we the ikas in delta are still fighting for our brothers to be added back to delta.
We cannot trade our Ika identity for benin.We just see them as place of origin of some of our ancestors.
Obi of agbor is still young and we have time to fight the benins,and reclaim our land the Oba is trying to use EDSG to claim by forcing our eze and obi in Igbanke to start adding enogie title or their entitlement will not be given to them(oh poor Igbanke kings).
But my concern is the obi of owa,he is old now,instead of his royal sons to start looking how will reclaim our owa communities in edo state,they are busy playing dirty palace politics,when God decide to call obi of owa back home,his children may even divide owa clan,all his sons want to rule once instead of the first son only.
In the past despite our blood relationship with the benins,the agbor benin fought and won benin people many times(But benin will always hide this part)
Well, I think you do not understand that you are already under the conquest of EDSG. EDSG's main battleground right now is Rivers and Bayelsa where the IYC and INC currently hold sway and are taking over Edo groups and claiming them as Ijaws.

Regarding your last statement, you have to know that you were the defeated one that is why your kings are claiming Bini, while your people are speaking Igbo although you are just next door to Bini. Let me give you an example. Ohafia, Abariba, Bende and Arochukwu areas have strong historical ties with Ibibios, Annangs, Ugeps etc, but since they were the warriors, an Ibibio man or Annang will never try to impose an identity on these groups, rather, it is the other way around. There is an overbearing strong Igbo identity in this area despite this intermixture of origin and culture in that area.

In the case of Igbanke, were they ever part of Delta state? I guess you will have to blame Samuel Ogbemudia for that great injustice and selfishness. It is your duty to hold on to them. Some of them seem not to be holding on to that Ika narrative. I guess Ika also need to look more into this. I feel the political move from the Benin centre is also confusing them.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Well, I think you do not understand that you are already under the conquest of EDSG. EDSG's main battleground right now is Rivers and Bayelsa where the IYC and INC currently hold sway and are taking over Edo groups and claiming them as Ijaws.

Regarding your last statement, you have to know that you were the defeated one that is why your kings are claiming Bini, while your people are speaking Igbo although you are just next door to Bini. Let me give you an example. Ohafia, Abariba, Bende and Arochukwu areas have strong historical ties with Ibibios, Annangs, Ugeps etc, but since they were the warriors, an Ibibio man or Annang will never try to impose an identity on these groups, rather, it is the other way around. There is an overbearing strong Igbo identity in this area despite this intermixture of origin and culture in that area.

In the case of Igbanke, were they ever part of Delta state? I guess you will have to blame Samuel Ogbemudia for that great injustice and selfishness. It is your duty to hold on to them. Some of them seem not to be holding on to that Ika narrative. I guess Ika also need to look more into this. I feel the political move from the Benin centre is also confusing them.
Ogbemudia was a selfish man who letter regretted what he did,the boundary can still be adjusted and all ika territory in edo an be added to delta state.
Our relationship with benin is not about most powerful or weak.
Some royal families in Ikaland,migrated from benin.
Even the first settlers of owa-alero(okowa home town) came from benin.
Okowa is a decendant of a man called "Ehiade".
As for Ijaws we have no blood relationship with them.
We Ikas have ancestors from Benin,Igbos,Ndokwa,Igalla,Idoma,Esan etc.
We have no land boundry with Ijaw.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Either you are extremely deluded either you just like to troll by telling lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJpWMkzgfdk

1 Like

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2021
I just keep wondering what people stand to gain by constantly telling lies.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 5:52pm On Mar 30, 2021
The thing is people in the southeast and people in the southwest will just sit down and start claiming communities in the southsouth of which they know nothing.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Ogbemudia was a selfish man who letter regretted what he did,the boundary can still be adjusted and all ika territory in edo an be added to delta state.
Our relationship with benin is not about most powerful or weak.
Some royal families in Ikaland,migrated from benin.
Even the first settlers of owa-alero(okowa home town) came from benin.
Okowa is a decendant of a man called "Ehiade".
As for Ijaws we have no blood relationship with them.
We Ikas have ancestors from Benin,Igbos,Ndokwa,Igalla,Idoma,Esan etc.
We have no land boundry with Ijaw.
That is exactly what is called conquest in the context of Nigerian history. Let me give you the most recent example with written down history in Nigeria. The Hausa people were defeated, and all their kings till today are Fulani. All the Hube stool of power is currently Fulani. If this did not happen in recent history and a written down documentation, The Fulani would have pinned the narrative that Hausa are Fulani people. However, it is only the royal stool that is Fulani. Either way, all Hausas territory belongs to the Fulani royalty, but you cannot change the language.
In your case, there is no documentation or written down history. That is why people ask logical questions. How come the founder of your land came into an Empty land and magically forgot his language and name but turned around to speak a language that is kilometres away?
This is no fault of anyone, though, but the implicit disadvantage of oral history.

Regarding my Ijaw statement. I am not saying you have boundaries with Ijaw or you are Ijaw. I meant that the Benin political movement's focus is currently in Rivers and Bayelsa state, where they are fighting the Ijaw expansionist movement to take over the Edoid groups. IYC has currently taken minority groups like Engenni and many others in that state that speak an Edoid language.
You guys do not know that there is a game that Ijaw and Edo groups are playing through their various ethnopolitical movements. The price is the allegiance and soul of minority groups and also parts of majority groups.

Regarding the Igbo controversy, I believe you should be happy now; the Igbos from the South-East especially reject Ika people being tagged Igbo. The movement is becoming even stronger each day. This will further cement your status as a different ethnic group. However, Ika will ultimately lose any support from a big ethnic group like the Igbos and if the political landscape changes, Bini might not have the numbers to influence much.
However, to your credit, I feel your people know when to wear the Igbo, Ika or Bini badge to favour them, but this game may not last too long in this internet age.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 30, 2021
The thing is people in the southeast and people in the southwest will just sit down and start claiming communities in the southsouth of which they know nothing. My friends, the southsouth is not up for grabs. Calm yourselves and talk about your respective lands and let others be.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Vintagepipes: 6:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:
The thing is people in the southeast and people in the southwest will just sit down and start claiming communities in the southsouth of which they know nothing.
Why are you attacking people in the "south-east"? It seems you do not know that Ethnic groups in Nigeria were not looking at cardinal points during their evolution and that the current cardinal divisions in Nigeria are just arbitrary and following basic geography, the most South Eastern State is Cross Rivers State?

Name your own ethnic group and identify with them. What was your motivation for attacking @Sufferingboy though?
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

Why are you attacking people in the "south-east"? It seems you do not know that Ethnic groups in Nigeria were not looking at cardinal points during their evolution and that the current cardinal divisions in Nigeria are just arbitrary and following basic geography, the most South Eastern State is Cross Rivers State?

Name your own ethnic group and identify with them. What was your motivation for attacking @Sufferingboy though?

1) I only stated facts.
2) I don't think you have a coherent definition of ethnic group.
3) my definition of ethnic group is that of people sharing the same precolonial country under the same emperor. The Edo people of Benin empire is therefor an ethnic group.
4) you guys are trying to prop up new ethnicities by having people carry arbitrary labels.
5) when you guys tell lies and I expose your lies with actual proof contradicting you, I am not attacking, I am defending the truth.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:

Either you are extremely deluded either you just like to troll by telling lies.

Which lies?
Pls correct me,If anything up there is not true.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 6:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

I nor know wetin I do the guy.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
Sufferingboy:

Which lies?
Pls correct me,If anything up there is not true.
You said many lies, but since I don't have time to waste going through all your lies, let me just give you one of them: you claimed the Oba of Benin was trying to force the Igbanke monarchs to add Enogie to their title whereas the Igbanke monarchs were already referred to as Enogie and upon death, their crown princes come to Oba's palace to be confirmed as Enogie and get burial blessings from the Oba of Benin.

Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 6:13pm On Mar 30, 2021
You guys should stop creating your own version of reality.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
My uncle is an Enogie, he did exactly the same ritual as the Igbanke when his father died.
I bet one day someone will also start making silly noises online claiming our dukedom is a different ethnicity all together.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 6:24pm On Mar 30, 2021
Vintagepipes:

That is exactly what is called conquest in the context of Nigerian history. Let me give you the most recent example with written down history in Nigeria. The Hausa people were defeated, and all their kings till today are Fulani. All the Hube stool of power is currently Fulani. If this did not happen in recent history and a written down documentation, The Fulani would have pinned the narrative that Hausa are Fulani people. However, it is only the royal stool that is Fulani. Either way, all Hausas territory belongs to the Fulani royalty, but you cannot change the language.
In your case, there is no documentation or written down history. That is why people ask logical questions. How come the founder of your land came into an Empty land and magically forgot his language and name but turned around to speak a language that is kilometres away?
This is no fault of anyone, though, but the implicit disadvantage of oral history.

Regarding my Ijaw statement. I am not saying you have boundaries with Ijaw or you are Ijaw. I meant that the Benin political movement's focus is currently in Rivers and Bayelsa state, where they are fighting the Ijaw expansionist movement to take over the Edoid groups. IYC has currently taken minority groups like Engenni and many others in that state that speak an Edoid language.
You guys do not know that there is a game that Ijaw and Edo groups are playing through their various ethnopolitical movements. The price is the allegiance and soul of minority groups and also parts of majority groups.

Regarding the Igbo controversy, I believe you should be happy now; the Igbos from the South-East especially reject Ika people being tagged Igbo. The movement is becoming even stronger each day. This will further cement your status as a different ethnic group. However, Ika will ultimately lose any support from a big ethnic group like the Igbos and if the political landscape changes, Bini might not have the numbers to influence much.
However, to your credit, I feel your people know when to wear the Igbo, Ika or Bini badge to favour them, but this game may not last too long in this internet age.
We can be partners of Igbos even if we are not the same ethnic group.The Ika identity is what the Ika man value so much even more than the oil in our land.
What we Ikas need now is an IGP of police of Ika origin,a fishing port at Orogodo river and It may cost up to $100m to $150m,a minister of agriculture of Ika origin,our farmers need more financial support.
Emeifele don forget his people,anyway we are taking records of all our people in gov ,so anyone not performing well for us will loose our support.
A small hydroelectric dam in Igbodo to supply us more electricity and to small our farmers during dry season.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 6:32pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:
My uncle is an Enogie, he did exactly the same ritual as the Igbanke when his father died.
I bet one day someone will also start making silly noises online claiming our dukedom is a different ethnicity all together.
Keep quiet,now I know who you are.You are one of those benin people claiming our territory,If Oba like make he claim everything we will reclaim what is rightfully ours.Oba should show his true yoruba Identity and go back to Ikeokpagha treaty with the Ogiamien family.Oba Erediawa paid historians to twist history that Oramiyan father was banish from benin.
They did all that to hid the Ile-Ife origin.The ogiamien who are the descendant of Evian,are the real owners of ancient Igodomigodo.
Evian was rhe only surviving sibling of the last ogiso,ogiso owodo who was childless.
Re: Why Alagoa And Ijaws Tried To Ijawanize Ndoki Origin by Sufferingboy(f): 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
Truthshots:
Which nonsense dukedom? Oba should continue we dey wait for una.Boundary will be adjusted and Ika people force into edo will happily comeback to delta.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

How Obiano's Wife Went Half Naked, Hit People With Broken Bottles Over Soludo / Mohammed Lukman: Tinubu Ruling Like A Military Dictator / Israel Wanted To Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities But Backed Away REUTERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.