Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,222 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:37 AM

Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) (37210 Views)

Link To Download Bollywood Films(indian Movies) / Which Of These Indian Movies Made You Cry In The 1980s? / Where Can I Get That Old Time Indian Movie Titled "The Promise" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by BabyJinx: 8:16am On Nov 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

I'm watching that Najin song and seriously her bloody husband brought death on himself. Why would he change to snake form while she was still in human form. The poor dudes thought they were saving her ass.

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Oh Freak, that was funny
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by spikedcylinder: 5:11pm On Nov 02, 2008
You have just brought something to my eyes (I'm not sure if its just hot air or tears). Seeing those videos again. The Promise is still my fave though. . . embarassed embarassed
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by MadMax1(f): 8:39pm On Nov 02, 2008
Fav Indian song of all time is in The Promise, where Sunita runs to tell Vikram he's passed his exams and they go off in a cart and stop in this field of flowers. I adore that song. Amar,Akbar,Antony! Yayyyy!! The older brother was a bit of a hard ass,but I LOVE this movie. Akbar,who played Vikram in the Promise,actually married his girl in Amar.Akbar,Antony!
Ghazab completes the trilogy of favourite old Indian movies. That yeye actor chap that came with his wife to pretend they're the lost twin and mother is hysterical. And the scene where Vijay catches the poor guy,who hasn't consumated his marriage,chasing his wife almost finished me with laughter. That ojuyobo guy is the funniest and most useless indian comedian ever.
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by KarmaMod(f): 12:59am On Nov 03, 2008
Enjoying this one myself

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIc5ALdd4NY&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

grin
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by BabyJinx: 1:50am On Nov 03, 2008
The Great Gambler. . .  Anyone?

BIG B at his Finest

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeVNtJIwbm4&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLe7tDSZw7g&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Watching these old movies is bittersweet, I tell ya. One hand, it brings back good memories, on the other hand I’m thinking this is from 1979!

[size=16pt]1979!!! [/size]

30 years later, it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than our Nollywood Movies!
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by BabyJinx: 2:02am On Nov 03, 2008
Kabhi Kabhi. . .  Now this was a real LOVE STORY not the crap they peddle today.

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VooHala_fAw&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKMPf737pp0&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Awwww! The husband was so cute in his cluelessness! cheesy cheesy
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by TOYOSI20(f): 2:35am On Nov 03, 2008
. . . . .nice movies. . . .

I remember "The Burning Train". . . . . .cried my eyes out so hard while I sang that song. . . .

or should I say tried to sing that song. . . . , tongue cool
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by ceasyc(f): 2:29am On Jan 30, 2009
DHARAM AND VEER
CANT REMEMBER D CORRECT SPELLING
I THINK THERE WAS A HAWK OR BIRD IN IT
AND D BOYS WERE TWINS
ONE WAS STOLEN/THEY WERE SEPERATED AT BIRTH

I THINK ?DHRAMENDRA AND JEETANDRA WERE D ACTORS

INDIAN FILMS PLENTY WEY I WATCH BK THEN
COS POPS WAS SO INTO IT & BOUGHT LOTS OF DEM
WHILE WE WERE GROWING UP
I'M NOT CRAZY ABOUT D RECENT ONES THOUGH,
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by Hauwa1: 3:57am On Jan 30, 2009
the only thing missing from the old movies is KISSING. why aren't they kissing? when their lips get closer they shyly move away. it would have been nice to see them kissing.

i saw the guru nice one. there was one i saw recently ashanti was in it. the oldies am watching are really nice though. some i have heard abt and i fell in love watching them on youtube.
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by spikedcylinder: 8:21am On Jan 30, 2009
*Hauwa*:

the only thing missing from the old movies is KISSING. why aren't they kissing? when their lips get closer they shyly move away. it would have been nice to see them kissing.

i saw the guru nice one. there was one i saw recently ashanti was in it. the oldies am watching are really nice though. some i have heard abt and i fell in love watching them on youtube.

I think the kissing thing has something to do with Indian culture being against it. But they've started kissing in recent Bollywood movies, I think.
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by ceasyc(f): 4:23am On Feb 06, 2009
hi y'all
is it possible to watch films online
and burn dem or copy dem 2 a disc?
pls let me know (yes/no)
and how 2 go about it

ta
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by rubenusa: 1:11am On Jul 25, 2009
KarmaMod (f)   
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise)
« #17 on: November 02, 2008, 06:59 AM »

na na. The saddest song ever is from Chatal Chtal Katai, I think that's the title

It's the movie where the dude owns an elephant from his childhood and his horrid wife makes him believe the elephant wants to kill their baby. The elephant gets shot in the end while trying to save their damn baby. There's a song that plays with the scene that sincerely makes me teary eyed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi all,

Does anybody knows the name of this movie or where to find it, I looked for Chatal Chatal Katai but no success.

Thanks
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by luckiest: 11:34am On Jul 25, 2009
Here is an opportunity to save your monthly subscription or use it for some other important thing; at Supanova Technology we understand how important it is for you to pay for your monthly subscription in order to ensure that you are not cut off from the latest happening around the world as well as your favourite programmes. You can now eat your cake and still have it.

Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by bunmabbey: 9:54pm On Jan 24, 2011
OMG! It's so funny grin how much Nigerians loved Indian movies eventhough we don't understand the language because I do remember it wasn't all the movies we watched back in the days that were english subtitled.
I just loved those movies and thank God I can watch them online for free. I wouldn't mind collecting too so can the guy collecting indian movies share the address or contact information for his source? I'll appreciate.
Thanks. cool
Re: Old Time Indian Movies (the Promise) by Mekenze(m): 11:51pm On Jan 27, 2011
Hello monie0078! Please I will need your help in ordering some old bollywood movies. I will like U to please tell how 2 go about it. U can tell me the online stores where u normally purchase your bollywood movies so I can get my from there as well. There are some old bollywood movies I will like 2 buy. Please kindly reply. U can send the info 2 my email address: fourier400@hotmail.com.
Thank U

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is That Movie You Will Watch Over And Over Again?? / Throwback Photos Of The Remaining BBNaija Contestants / Idyl Is The Winner Of Voice Nigeria Season 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.