Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,029 members, 7,835,490 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

The Davinci Code. Fact Or Myth? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Davinci Code. Fact Or Myth? (699 Views)

Holy Grill, Mary Magdalena And The Davinci Codes / Antichrist At Work!the Maddest Novel History Ever Produced. (the Davinci Code) / The Davinci Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Davinci Code. Fact Or Myth? by isquar3d3(m): 1:16pm On Apr 13, 2011
For those of u who have read d book 'the DaVinci Code' by Dan Brown, u must have come across some part of the book that tends 2 questn one's thorough grasp of history. I knw dt d book was semi fiction bt it had lots of pure facts in it. I have a few questions nd i want some of d big guys here 2 help wit answers.
1. The painting of d last supper. Were those allegations true? That there was a woman there. Has any1 actually examined it closely to know if it was true or not?
2. The stuff about Mary Magdalene and Jesus, was it true? It says there are historical records.
3. This sacred feminine thing, is it also true?
Dan Brown and d Catholic Church have been at loggerheads ever since ds book was written. All these conspiracy theory thng can be confusing attimes. Thanks.
Re: The Davinci Code. Fact Or Myth? by MyJoe: 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
It's a work of fiction written around some historical facts. Stop bothering yourself about it. Brown is well-read and he enjoys what he does. As for that Last Supper painting, you can keep looking at it for 1000 years, but that you won't be any the wiser. Someone looked up at the sky on a very dark night and saw that the stars can be constructed into shapes - that's how constellations named after hunters and birds came about. That's what  most "subliminal art" ultimately amount to. If take a good look at your ceiling tonight, you will find some shapes. Did someone put them there to show you that your ceiling is not ceiling but something else?
Re: The Davinci Code. Fact Or Myth? by isquar3d3(m): 3:01pm On Apr 13, 2011
yeah. I said it ws semi fiction bt im nt looking at d fiction parts. All my questns seem like stuffs dt hv an historical attachment 2 dem. Anyway, i get ur point. He's really gud at wat he does as can be seen in 'Angels and Demons'
Re: The Davinci Code. Fact Or Myth? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Apr 13, 2011
It's a work of fiction about another work of fiction and the profitable institution built around the main figure of the fictional book.
Fact in the book: the catholic church is corrupt.
Myth: Jesus
Fiction: the rest of the book.
But it was very entertaining!!!! grin
Re: The Davinci Code. Fact Or Myth? by isquar3d3(m): 4:02pm On Apr 13, 2011
Martian, u'v probably built a reputatn 4 urself here. Bt if there's anythng i knw, it is d fact dt Jesus, his ministry and his works were no myth. Ur 'FACT' cld be argued though.
Re: The Davinci Code. Fact Or Myth? by kokoye(m): 7:04pm On Apr 13, 2011
MyJoe:

It's a work of fiction written around some historical facts. Stop bothering yourself about it. Brown is well-read and he enjoys what he does. As for that Last Supper painting, you can keep looking at it for 1000 years, but that you won't be any the wiser. Someone looked up at the sky on a very dark night and saw that the stars can be constructed into shapes - that's how constellations named after hunters and birds came about. That's what  most "subliminal art" ultimately amount to. If take a good look at your ceiling tonight, you will find some shapes. Did someone put them there to show you that your ceiling is not ceiling but something else?

Excellent response.

Dan Brown's stories are are fiction built wrapped around SOME facts and sites.  There is nothing evil about his writings . . he is just very smart with it. Pure fiction!

The reason why the Catholic Church is frowning is because of the sorts (like you) who may get confused and start to believe the stories.

(1) (Reply)

If The Xtian Should Love Someone,it Is Prophet Mohammed / Five Ways God Speaks To Us: Hearing The Voice Of God In Our Daily Lives / Trinity: Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.