Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,337 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:22 AM

His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement (26849 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? / Reno Omokri: "Your Money Is For You And Your Wife. But Her Money Is Not For You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kebbiprince: 5:20pm On Mar 14, 2021
In the marriage setting the two have become one and therefore should partake in doing things together, chores, finances etc

Its shocking how some women feel its ok to earn almost the same money as their men and feel zero obligation to contribute to anything in the family. Not just that, they now selfishly insist on spending their partners money. Who is raising these girls to think like that?
I have a colleague whose wife works very much like him yet she contributed nothing to the home but instead sends her own money to her family as if the man has no family too to send money to. This selfish act must stop!

234 Likes 16 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kriss216: 5:32pm On Mar 14, 2021
Stay away from Nigerian girls and avoid threads like this.

donogaga:

Stop giving bad advise bro.

If we stay away from them, who is gonna marry them?

Aliens will marry them. They fit perfectly.

187 Likes 14 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nazgul: 5:36pm On Mar 14, 2021
I've said this severally and I'll keep saying it, any girl you're dating and claim to love, who can't bring out her money to buy you gifts or grant you urgent financial relief whenever called upon.

If you love your destiny as a man, stay away from such girls, cos if you marry them claiming love, you'll spend every penny of your life feeding, clothing and housing them, without her reciprocating your efforts. And as if that's not enough, you'll suffer miserably once your finances goes south, cos she'll mock you and call you unprintable degrading names.

I've witnessed such incident (my late uncle who died last year during the lock down) so I know exactly what I'm saying. If your girlfriend doesn't spend her money on you, or you can't point out a single gift she used her money to purchase for you, please don't marry her. It's for your own good.

402 Likes 31 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by SanctifiedSista(f): 5:37pm On Mar 14, 2021
Call for a meeting with family member and pastor she respects and let them talk sense into her. If she doesn't change, pray abt her attitude..she will come to her senses.Holy Spirit know how to deal with her grin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kriss216: 5:39pm On Mar 14, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
Call for a meeting with family member and pastor she respects and let them talk sense into her. If she doesn't change, pray abt her attitude..she will come to her senses.Holy Spirit know how to deal with her grin
It will take all the pastors in Nigeria to pray sense into a senseless Nigerian girl.

174 Likes 10 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kebbiprince: 5:42pm On Mar 14, 2021
Nazgul:
I've said this severally and I'll keep saying it, any girl you're dating and claim to love, who can't bring out her money to buy you gifts or grant you urgent financial relief whenever called upon.

If you love your destiny as a man, stay away from such girls, cos if you marry them claiming love, you'll spend every penny of your life feeding, clothing and housing them, without her reciprocating your efforts. And as if that's not enough, you'll suffer miserably once your finances goes south, cos she'll mock you and call you unprintable degrading names.

I've witnessed such incident (my late uncle who died last year during the lock down) so I know exactly what I'm saying. If your girlfriend doesn't spend her money on you, or you can't point out a single gift she used her money to purchase for you, please don't marry her. It's for your own good.
You're very much right in this

65 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by SanctifiedSista(f): 5:42pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kriss216:

It will take all the pastors in Nigeria to pray sense into a senseless Nigerian girl.
don't be like that.. all it takes is time and maturity grin
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kriss216: 5:51pm On Mar 14, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
don't be like that.. all it takes is time and maturity grin
Time and maturity grin grin grin

Abeg, leave me, I no wan laugh

17 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Offpoint1: 5:53pm On Mar 14, 2021
Just marry an understanding woman and save yourself this epistle. An understanding woman who truly love you would find joy in spending her last penny to support you both in courtship and marriage.

The youths of nowadays are after women with big asses, boobs, fine faces and all sorts of physical appearance and the end result is wailing and whining.

Big asses/boobs and artificial beauty ladies believe they have an asset every man wants, so dating them feels like they're doing you a favor. They've exchanged their senses with their "assets"

181 Likes 16 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Belafonte(m): 6:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kriss216:
Stay away from Nigerian girls and avoid threads like this.

This mentality isn't unique to Nigerian women

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Belafonte(m): 6:08pm On Mar 14, 2021
SanctifiedSista:

If your woman only does things when you call a committee to reason with her it means she clearly doesn't rate your leadership as a man.

The energy spent marshalling people to talk to her would be better spent getting another girlfriend or learning Arabic

95 Likes 8 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by milann: 6:13pm On Mar 14, 2021
And the two shall become one. In other words, what is yours is mine, what is mine is yours.

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by SanctifiedSista(f): 8:54pm On Mar 14, 2021
Belafonte:

If your woman only does things when you call a committee to reason with her it mean she clearly doesn't rate your leadership as a man.

The energy spent marshalling people to talk to her would better spent getting another girlfriend or learning Arabic
that's the last resort and very much allowed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by specialmati(m): 10:56pm On Mar 14, 2021
Kebbiprince:
In the marriage setting the two have become one and therefore should partake in doing things together, chores, finances etc

Its shocking how some women feel its ok to earn almost the same money as their men and feel zero obligation to contribute to anything in the family. Not just that, they now selfishly insist on spending their partners money. Who is raising these girls to think like that?
I have a colleague whose wife works very much like him yet she contributed nothing to the home but instead sends her own money to her family as if the man has no family too to send money to. This selfish act must stop!
dont just marry any woman discuss how you want to run your family with them before engaging them to avoid this kind of story.if you sense selfishness look for someone else women many na

22 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Belafonte(m): 12:31am On Mar 15, 2021
SanctifiedSista:
that's the last resort and very much allowed

Allowed for foolish men.

Do it once and you'll do it forever. Save your time and energy for a woman that actually respects you

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 12:36am On Mar 15, 2021
The day Nigerian mails stop been foolish is the day all the water bodies on this earth dries up.

You can not eat your cake and have it. If you want to be a traditional man be a traditional man to the last and if you what to be modern then be modern to the core.

You want your wife to bring part of her income into the house while you don't help her with the house chores and at the same time demand maximum respect and submission from her. You want to mix all the benefits of having a traditional and modern marriage for yourselves all the while maintaining the traditional mode of marriage for your wives.

I am sorry but women are humans not remote controlled robots.

Modified: I knew this comment will rile up some mails here but I stand by what i wrote. Some one just asked me if its a man's job to do the house chores but now am asking is it a woman's job to provide for the family? This is what I mean by mails trying so hard to eat their cakes and have it.

You undervalue the essence of cooking, cleaning and taking care of the children while holding your purpose as a husband to high importance, that's why some mails talk about how women live longer than men because of all the work and blah blah (which by the way is all total B.S) while intentionally forgetting the fact that there are women to who lose their lives due to stress and depression.

If you want your wife to contribute to the home financially whether 50:50, 60:40 etc then you'll have to EQUALLY help her in the house work, if you can't do that then you're a shitty husband.

62 Likes 12 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by ednut1(m): 2:48am On Mar 15, 2021
Ardar:
The day Nigerian mails stop been foolish is the day all the water bodies on this earth dries up.

You can not eat your cake and have it. If you want to be a traditional man be a traditional man to the last and if you what to be modern then be modern to the core.

You want your wife to bring part of her income into the house while you don't help her with the house chores and at the same time demand maximum respect and submission from her. You want to mix all the benefits of having a traditional and modern marriage for yourselves all the while maintaining the traditional mode of marriage for your wives.

how much be house maid Any woman that can’t do 60 40 of 65 35. Should quit her job too and stay at home na. So make she Dey save her millions while we men suffer to provide ba. Naso

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by chiommy123(f): 5:40am On Mar 15, 2021
She is saving it for the raining day na

2 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Stockquality: 5:53am On Mar 15, 2021
They re all useless girls. I have spent for a lady,sent for a lady,cooked,done every but still she remained adamant,like 3 diff girls o. They are all wired to be promiscuous,lazy,greedy,arrogant and fromnpoor background. I dated the rich,that one was super arrogant, money conscious ad social media freak. Its been 7months now I never sex any gal. My ex who realised I loved her in 2015 suddenly started calling me and said she even bought gifts forme during val. On the D day I off my phone,can't go back to my vomit. During their prime,they won't use their head and study life,its from one guy to the other,Then by age 30,lady already looking like 45,desperate to settle down,by age 35,no hope. I hate majority of naja ladies and I wish ritualsts ca reduce ther numbers. They are ungrateful and would mock u in disguise.

102 Likes 13 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:04am On Mar 15, 2021
Nazgul:

It is well you are spot on sir.

6 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:09am On Mar 15, 2021
Ardar:

@ardar this is another twist to it. Could you please explain modern men and traditional men to few that doesn't know the difference

3 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:19am On Mar 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:

How can we stop this? How can couple or ladies put an end to this habit. Yeah girls, women wife need to be look after but it shouldn't be at the expense of going broke working 2, 3 jobs to survived.

If you love your husband and your nuclear family it is better you support him to the end and for men dont treat your mrs bad, dont disrespect her by cheating on her. Help her with house chores, cooking, cleaning etc full housewive job is harder than full time job trust me.

Sad to say some African men cheat on their wife, they keep concubines etc that's bad our girls are hard working and industrious and if they bring all their positive vibes to their marriage the sky will be a starting point

11 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by AwesomeStormy00(m): 6:26am On Mar 15, 2021
Years ago for college, my insurance teacher ask us if we know why we have more widows than widowers in the society, peoples gives different answers etc then he said no.

The reason is because men work their butt off cater for their family and relatives and base on record average men live 10yrs after retirement while average women live 20yrs and above after retirement. Why am saying this is to let men know that we work si hard, we don't plan for our retirement etc nothing like work balance.

Try look for a woman that will support you and also love her trear her like queen let her feel likw queen too. I pray God help us all good day to everyone

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kebbiprince: 7:00am On Mar 15, 2021
AwesomeStormy00:
Years ago for college, my insurance teacher ask us if we know why we have more widows than widowers in the society, peoples gives different answers etc then he said no.

The reason is because men work their butt off cater for their family and relatives and base on record average men live 10yrs after retirement while average women live 20yrs and above after retirement. Why am saying this is to let men know that we work si hard, we don't plan for our retirement etc nothing like work balance.

Try look for a woman that will support you and also love her trear her like queen let her feel likw queen too. I pray God help us all good day to everyone
Nice response, good day to you too

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by femi4: 7:31am On Mar 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:

The two ...no be their money becomes one
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kebbiprince: 7:37am On Mar 15, 2021
femi4:
The two ...no be their money becomes one
What difference does it make, everything about them is One, without them there will be no money
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by femi4: 7:40am On Mar 15, 2021
Kebbiprince:

What difference does it make, everything about them is One, without them there will be no money
Which theory is that

Nobody goes into marriage without a form of finance

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Reex12(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2021
Ardar:

pls lets remove sentiment and answer this question, IS IT A MANS JOB TO DO CHORES?
how selfish can u be, so a man will work morning-evening(mosttimes late in the night) and still come bck and do the chores so what is your work in the house then? to sit dwn and wtch zeeworld from morning till night and open ur legs like a lovepeddler

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by luminouz(m): 8:43am On Mar 15, 2021
Ardar:

Lmaooooo

I knew you'd bring up the house chores part. Dem use house chores do Una ni? It doesn't matter how hard he provides, you still won't be satisfied. Give her washing machine, a 2 bedroom flat and a maid. She would still complain.
If you don't bring money, they complain, you bring money but don't help them to wash plate, na wahala. It's only Nigerian girls who equate financial independence and house chores.
Chai, these girls are just plain fuqin lazy.

N.B: Why not read kebbiprince story and tell us if na house chores made the wife to send her own money to her own family. You need to be logical because in this Nigeria as we dey, men are not even ready to marry you,throw in this attitude and they will actively run away from you

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by DEMZEE(m): 8:49am On Mar 15, 2021
Men love idealistically

Women love opportunistically

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Yusufisraelj(m): 8:52am On Mar 15, 2021
Nazgul:

Spot on - most times I am selfless to notice this, adjustment program have began going forward.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Read A Lady's Take On Woman Claiming Equal Rights With Men + Photo / John Fatoye Is Missing. Works In Lekki (pics) / Fashola's Wife Welcomes Lagos First Baby Of 2015 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.