Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement (26947 Views)

Man Asks Wife To Pay Back His Money, Holds Her, Children Hostage At Lekki / Should She Go Ahead And Be Withdrawing His Money? / Reno Omokri: "Your Money Is For You And Your Wife. But Her Money Is Not For You" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by abdsamad(m): 2:32am On Mar 16, 2021
Ardar:
The day Nigerian mails stop been foolish is the day all the water bodies on this earth dries up.

You can not eat your cake and have it. If you want to be a traditional man be a traditional man to the last and if you what to be modern then be modern to the core.

You want your wife to bring part of her income into the house while you don't help her with the house chores and at the same time demand maximum respect and submission from her. You want to mix all the benefits of having a traditional and modern marriage for yourselves all the while maintaining the traditional mode of marriage for your wives.

I am sorry but women are humans not remote controlled robots.

Dunno why people have refused to agree with this post.

If you're traditional then you believe men work and pay for stuff and women stay home and work without expected input from the man. In that case, don't complain: just pay and enjoy your laundry being done for you. As long as she delivers on that, anything else she makes is hers.

Being modern involves sharing financial and other responsibilities. In my own world view, this is the correct thing. Responsibilities should be shared based on what's reasonable and each situation should be judged on a case to case basis.

The woman may be better at cooking and it'll be reasonable for her to then cook but is she also better at washing the dishes when both of you have just eaten dinner? If she slaves for hours to cook, you can at least wash up after.

The man may also be better suited to washing her car. Help out where you can just as she helps out where she can.

Nobody is a slave of anyone else, man or woman. You can't carry a pregnancy for her but you can maintain balance by paying for everything related to the pregnancy and some of her personal stuff which you may not have been doing. Afterall, if she wasn't slowed down by that responsibility she'd probably be able to work more and earn more. That's balance in my own opinion

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by capitalzero: 2:42am On Mar 16, 2021
Stockquality:
They re all useless girls. I have spent for a lady,sent for a lady,cooked,done every but still she remained adamant,like 3 diff girls o. They are all wired to be promiscuous,lazy,greedy,arrogant and fromnpoor background. I dated the rich,that one was super arrogant, money conscious ad social media freak. Its been 7months now I never sex any gal. My ex who realised I loved her in 2015 suddenly started calling me and said she even bought gifts forme during val. On the D day I off my phone,can't go back to my vomit. During their prime,they won't use their head and study life,its from one guy to the other,Then by age 30,lady already looking like 45,desperate to settle down,by age 35,no hope. I hate majority of naja ladies and I wish ritualsts ca reduce ther numbers. They are ungrateful and would mock u in disguise.

Spending for a girl you are sleeping with is like paying prostitute.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by capitalzero: 3:05am On Mar 16, 2021
Social construct. Society defines gender roles. For majority, men are to provide while women are to manage home. Now, men are failing to provide while women are not managing home. Chaotic. Men blame women and vice versa. Our traditional society is in conflict with modernity. And modernity is in constant conflict with nature.
We should go back to the nature. Observe animals. Men and women should discharge their roles naturally. As a natural man, I provide for my family and plan for my future. I do what I can do. I expect nothing from my wife than her natural roles. Nothing more! Her money is her money. She should spend on her family and her family should not be expecting anything from me if she is not spending on my own family. No argument.
Men should man up mentally. Most men now think of reproductive power than their mental and financial power. Men , wake up. Women are taking over.

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by franchasng: 3:18am On Mar 16, 2021
Offpoint1:
Just marry an understanding woman and save yourself this epistle. An understanding woman who truly love you would find joy in spending her last penny to support you both in courtship and marriage.

The youths of nowadays are after women with big asses, boobs, fine faces and all sorts of physical appearance and the end result is wailing and whining.

Big asses/boobs and artificial beauty ladies believe they have an asset every man wants, so dating them feels like they're doing you a favor. They've exchanged their senses with their "assets"
But my wife is so beautiful like a water goddess and she still have sense, as in big sense and gives me joy and peace of mind.

She makes me so relaxed that I feel like marrying 2nd and 3rd wives cos I never knew marriage will be this sweet haven read and heard so many bad tales of married people cheesy

My point is, bad character has nothing to do with being beautiful, though physical beauty makes some ladies abi girls to develop horrible character and personality which affects their life negatively at the end.

In all these, guys are to blame.

They ignore a lot of vital signs during dating and courtship in the name of love and out of youthful exuberance.

Many guys also get carried away by sex and forget their sense of reasoning.

During my single days, I dated girls I knew I would never marry even if it's for free with extra gifts lol. But what I do is to be at full alert and end it sharply as it started without giving her any reason.

Even though you are Hot and need vagina to cool off as a guy, you shouldn't forget your senses and drown inside the red sea.

Some girls are only good for one night stand sadly cry, and you must be at alert and protect yourself fully if you must dive.

Some girls are only good as far from home runs, never allow them know your house, keep them far. Even some are only good for chop and clean mouth like Dbanj and 2face does. But some guys will develop love and start full relationship with marriage in view with any girl that crosses their path, no standard, no dream, no vision, no plan, anything goes angry

5 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:18am On Mar 16, 2021
Guys any lady with this kind of messed up mindset,just dump the hoe, she doesn't deserves you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Fiscus105(m): 3:23am On Mar 16, 2021
Kriss216:

It will take all the pastors in Nigeria to pray sense into a senseless Nigerian girl.

abeg stop saying all Nigeria girls. Thats how all ur sisters be too.

watch before you married you say no, wen you enter one chance you would be blaming all naija girls up and down. Did I not married the same Naija girl? From the time we are dating and til date, she willingly handed over all her passwords, take note of plural form of passwords o, to me.

NB I married her at ripe age o, educated, working class etc. I also knw some of my friends wives who contribute significantly towards the family too, and they are all naija origin

2 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 3:25am On Mar 16, 2021
Ardar:
[s] The day Nigerian mails stop been foolish is the day all the water bodies on this earth dries up.

You can not eat your cake and have it. If you want to be a traditional man be a traditional man to the last and if you what to be modern then be modern to the core.

You want your wife to bring part of her income into the house while you don't help her with the house chores and at the same time demand maximum respect and submission from her. You want to mix all the benefits of having a traditional and modern marriage for yourselves all the while maintaining the traditional mode of marriage for your wives.

I am sorry but women are humans not remote controlled robots.[/s]

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Fiscus105(m): 3:30am On Mar 16, 2021
CHoccolaTE:
Because many men are heartless demons that will still cheat and disrespect the wife even while she is feeding him and paying bills.

Nigerian men hate women and love disrespecting them and insulting them but you want the same woman to provide for you?

If the man gets tired of the wife that was providing for decades he will withdraw his money and start spending on side chics, he will even marry the side chic because in his mind the first wife na superwoman that can be breadwinner and housegirl at the same time.

Selfish lots, you people want to be head of house, your children bear your names and belong to your family even after your wife suffers through pregnancy and years of breastfeeding and raising toddlers.

Now they want to abandon their responsibility for women so that they keep their money to themselves.

date good guy you say no! Why wont u continue meeting complete problematic guys. Cute , tall, six pack, rich are ur factors to be a good man, the day you u start focusing on inward rather than outward in man is the day you will start seeing Nigeria guys that are good.

go to South Africa, S A girls dying to have naija guys as husbands.

2 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Lovejossy: 3:31am On Mar 16, 2021
Have you sat her down and discuss the issue with her? Women are emotional about everything, and you need to handle them emotionally.

Say darling (after a round of emotion?) can we discuss something - I need you to help me take care of these petty petty stuffs so I can start saving for our kids.

Or try this, send some money to her mom or siblings one month and see her attitude change. You guys of nowadays are stingy and that is what women hate most. No matter the amount a woman has, she still wants something from you just to show that you care for her.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by MrIcredible: 3:47am On Mar 16, 2021
[s]
Ardar:
The day Nigerian mails stop been foolish is the day all the water bodies on this earth dries up.

[/s]
See this one...
Smh!

Who raised you in the first place?

Or deh.

Who is talking about chores here? Don't you have brains?
What about people that have helps?

I pity the unfortunate man wey marry or who go marry you.

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by aragonchuks(m): 3:47am On Mar 16, 2021
Kriss216:
Stay away from Nigerian girls and avoid threads like this.
Not just Nigerian girls , women in general
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by fatboyslym007: 4:23am On Mar 16, 2021
Blame the business minded motivational speaker (a.k.a. Pastors, imams, spiritual father's etc) for this crazy mentality...
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by bezimo(m): 4:25am On Mar 16, 2021
Nazgul:
I've said this severally and I'll keep saying it, any girl you're dating and claim to love, who can't bring out her money to buy you gifts or grant you urgent financial relief whenever called upon.

If you love your destiny as a man, stay away from such girls
, cos if you marry them claiming love, you'll spend every penny of your life feeding, clothing and housing them, without her reciprocating your efforts. And as if that's not enough, you'll suffer miserably once your finances goes south, cos she'll mock you and call you unprintable degrading names.

I've witnessed such incident (my late uncle who died last year during the lock down) so I know exactly what I'm saying. If your girlfriend doesn't spend her money on you, or you can't point out a single gift she used her money to purchase for you, please don't marry her. It's for your own good.

I hope Guys are receiving sense not to end up unfortunate in life
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by bezimo(m): 4:27am On Mar 16, 2021
Offpoint1:
Just marry an understanding woman and save yourself this epistle. An understanding woman who truly love you would find joy in spending her last penny to support you both in courtship and marriage.

The youths of nowadays are after women with big asses, boobs, fine faces and all sorts of physical appearance and the end result is wailing and whining.

Big asses/boobs and artificial beauty ladies believe they have an asset every man wants, so dating them feels like they're doing you a favor. They've exchanged their senses with their "assets"

I have never seen a 9ja girl with big nyash that is sensible..they are often rude,daft selfish and self entitled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by specialmati(m): 4:28am On Mar 16, 2021
Labadi69:

Some women pretend and hide their true characters in order to cajole the men into marriage. Na after the wedding the man go hear am.
seriously i get you boss but see don't just marry any woman try your possible best to know the woman you want to marry and discuss everything you want with her.and dont forget the God factor.women can be funny atimes so know the person you are getting married to, to avoid stories
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by MrIcredible: 4:31am On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Lazy nigger. Stop depending on your women for money. The role of the man is to provide. That's what our forefathers did. Its this kind of thinking that brought about this toxic feminism when women don see us finish.
Muh muh

When your forefathers married multiple wives, there was peace relatively.
If your husband wants to marry more wives now, you'll be thinking of suicide and murder.

Do you have sense at all?
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by MrIcredible: 4:36am On Mar 16, 2021
knowhowk:
Work Hard ,Find a Surrogate mother ,Sign an agreement to carry baby/ Babies for you at least two ,Further your contract with her to take care of them till 2 to 3 years ,when they have started Schools ,Work hard to build a good home ,Hire a house Help and a good cook ,U can pay a good school with good environment to have them in the school till you close .Later move them to boarding school .Enjoy your life and stay away from Wife/ Woman Palava
I dey wait for your sister and daughter...
One of them must accept this offer cool

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by MrIcredible: 4:38am On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Your granny's case is different. At least the men bring home the goods. Fani Kayode nakes his money. I am talking of these so called men who will be waiting for their women to go and hustle then bring food for them to eat. Then they want to Lord it over such women. How is that possible?
Hmmm
Your sister husband ...
Your aunt husband...

Your papa...

I know where this is coming from now....

grin
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 4:49am On Mar 16, 2021
EvilNeedle:

Simp

Pepe

Lolo.
That's the best you can come up with. Lazy ass nigger
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 4:50am On Mar 16, 2021
YorubaLord:

Simpleton with various mental challenges! angry
LOL. This thing really pain you. Go jump off a cliff.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 4:52am On Mar 16, 2021
MrIcredible:

Muh muh

When your forefathers married multiple wives, there was peace relatively.
If your husband wants to marry more wives now, you'll be thinking of suicide and murder.

Do you have sense at all?
More sense in one thumb than your entire lineage. Men married multiple wives and took care of their business. Not waiting for the women to take care of them.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Jaqenhghar: 4:53am On Mar 16, 2021
Raph3177:

Jeez this toddler are u sure u understand what u read shuu? U have been going around embarrassing yourself on this thread pls go meet mama her breast is full of milk it will help your brain mature properly.

See who is calling someone toddler. SMH. Na you dey find you will nanny you and na you dey call someone toddler.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Nobody: 5:07am On Mar 16, 2021
How everyone manages to miss the fact that this thread is fundamentally feminist at its core, is amazing. Even so-called red pillers seem to be supporting the op.

Men are men. Their role in the home is to provide. Women are women, their role in the home is logistic. If a family is not doing well financially, it is always the man who is incompetent at his duties and solely to blame; and no wife is obliged to take up that responsibility from him. This is why the man has always possessed the authority. Authority only comes with responsibility. If you abdicate your responsibility as a man, be ready to also abdicate your authority. Your wife becomes co-leader. Only a feminist will preach this type of blurring of gender roles.

What is next after shamefully making women work full time and still expecting them to be good wives at home? Are we going to start forcing our children to work as well, so that we can live up to our neighbour's lifestyle expectations? Will men not become even more useless in the house when each person is feeding him/herself?

This is why no man could answer directly when a woman on another thread asked what it was that men bring to the table in a marriage. Men are effectively being rendered useless; with their own vociferous consent. Please go and take up your duties as men and stop blaming women for your financial shortcomings.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Skmoda360(m): 5:20am On Mar 16, 2021
Kriss216:

It will take all the pastors in Nigeria to pray sense into a senseless Nigerian girl.
This is too much ooo.....

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Incognito403: 5:22am On Mar 16, 2021
missoreo:
Our society is evolving and it’s obvious that the income of a husband is no longer enough to sustain the home. In most cases, both partners need to work full time. For the partnership to truly work without resentment, if the woman contributes financially to running the house, the man needs to contribute equally to domestic chores and child rearing. If a man wants to complain about his woman not supporting financially, he has the moral obligation to be sure he is supporting his wife in her traditional roles as well.
To be honest, Nigerian men have never been lazy even in doing the so-called house chores. The problem is many have a narrow definition of house chores.

For example, washing the car is a house chore, clearing the garden is a house chore, clearing the gutters is a house chore, fixing basic plumbing and wiring in the house are house chores etc.
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Edusouls(m): 5:27am On Mar 16, 2021
Nigerian girls are not good people men are yet to understand this? I understood them long agoo, o stopped worrying about them

2 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:33am On Mar 16, 2021
Ardar:

YOU BETTER SHUT UP THERE!
VERY SENSELESS COMMENT
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by na2016: 5:36am On Mar 16, 2021
People are always quick to blame men when any marriage/relationship fails but they forget that things like this can cause serious problems.
Some Nigerian girls are in the habit of doing what this OP wrote here. I must say that any man who allows this, will end up dying before his time. And unfortunately, the said woman will take anything left of the home to start another home with another man.
While women keep saying men are scum, most of them should look at themselves critically, some of them (women) are worse than a plaque and Any man who wants to live long must avoid this set of girls.

3 Likes

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:37am On Mar 16, 2021
Nigerian girls are stupid

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kebbiprince: 5:38am On Mar 16, 2021
Jaqenhghar:

Mature man indeed. A mature man that looks for women to wipe his ass. If you father was as stupid as you. He wouldnt be able to afford a wife talk more of send you to school
Don't think everyone is like your worthless and incapable father, check well no be your papa born u bc your mama played away match
Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by MajorOvakporaye(f): 5:39am On Mar 16, 2021
Nigerian girls are foolish

1 Like

Re: His Money Is Ours And Her Money Is Hers- A Selfish Statement by Kebbiprince: 5:42am On Mar 16, 2021
ABANGWABOI:
#ILMOVON
#Attitude
#Bliv

The Kain nonsense wey many men dey tolerate dey shock me..
ordinary girlfriend wey I no dey give shishi.. I dey control them like herds of cow talk much a wife wey I use my money marry.. if you no gree obey my COMMANDS I pursue you commot bring in another woman..
The earlier this weaklings called men stop being emotional and become rational, they scales would fall off their eyes.. but till then, premium tears dey wait them..
that useless man now go work tire to carter for the family only him, too much pressure and probably die when the kids are in the University and the wife would be alive to enjoy when dey graduate and become establish later..
most african men are suffering and I no pity Dem.. Weaklings

You said nothing but the truth, naija men killing themselves with responsibility

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Karma? Share the Story / Woman Cries Out After Her Rapist Fights To Take Custody Of Her Child / Names Given To Children In Nigeria Lately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.