Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,056 members, 7,852,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:48 PM

Msc Medical Microbiology - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Msc Medical Microbiology (847 Views)

I Want To Be A Nurse But Have BSc In Microbiology / Microbiology Graduate Who Had Distinction Turns Bricklayer (Photos) / Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Msc Medical Microbiology by olawalesodiq988: 11:17pm On Mar 14, 2021
Good Day Nairalands, Please I have got some questions bothering my mind..... I hope u guys can help me out:

1: With Bsc Microbiology can one study MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY. If Yes, How Lucrative is MSC MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY in Nigeria when it comes to Job Opportunities or Independency.

2. With B.SC MICROBIOLOGY can one study MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE.

Thanks.
Re: Msc Medical Microbiology by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:09am On Mar 15, 2021
olawalesodiq988:
Good Day Nairalands, Please I have got some questions bothering my mind..... I hope u guys can help me out:

1: With Bsc Microbiology can one study MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY. If Yes, How Lucrative is MSC MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGY in Nigeria when it comes to Job Opportunities or Independency.

Thanks.
run the two together, if u can, if u have the means. That is what some people did back in the day clandestinely. If u can achieve the above u will be a hot cake instantly.

Otherwise u can run one first, presumably lab scientist b4 going for masters.

U will have to move quickly and be strategic

1 Like

Re: Msc Medical Microbiology by Vaughanlanrewaj: 12:34am On Mar 15, 2021
olawalesodiq988:

Thanks.
You are going into the space of Medical Scientists and medical Pathology . Why not go and get a degree in Medical Lab Science or Medicine?
Re: Msc Medical Microbiology by olawalesodiq988: 4:01pm On Mar 15, 2021
VeeVeeMyLuv:
run the two together, if u can, if u have the means. That is what some people did back in the day clandestinely. If u can achieve the above u will be a hot cake instantly.

Otherwise u can run one first, presumably lab scientist b4 going for masters.

U will have to move quickly and be strategic

Thanks for the Reply Boss........
If I understand U correctly u mean I should Run Both Medical Lab science and Medical Microbiology Together using Bsc Microbiology.
Re: Msc Medical Microbiology by olawalesodiq988: 4:03pm On Mar 15, 2021
Vaughanlanrewaj:

You are going into the space of Medical Scientists and medical Pathology . Why not go and get a degree in Medical Lab Science or Medicine?

Thanks for the Response......

It's because I already have Bsc Microbiology or U mean I should start over by taking Jamb or Direct entry to Medical Lab science or Medicine.
Re: Msc Medical Microbiology by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 4:51pm On Mar 15, 2021
olawalesodiq988:

Thanks for the Reply Boss........
If I understand U correctly u mean I should Run Both Medical Lab science and Medical Microbiology Together using Bsc Microbiology.
yes
Re: Msc Medical Microbiology by Vaughanlanrewaj: 7:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
olawalesodiq988:

Thanks for the Response......

It's because I already have Bsc Microbiology or U mean I should start over by taking Jamb or Direct entry to Medical Lab science or Medicine.
Yes. The only difficult part is starting. You will find such in your class especially in Pharmacy and Medicine Schools , if you may include Pharmacy to your options too because there's Pharmaceutical Microbiology too if your desire is to do a professional course where your knowledge of Microbiology will be valuable..
Re: Msc Medical Microbiology by Zeeknow3245(m): 12:23am On Mar 16, 2021
olawalesodiq988:

Thanks.
Don't go for MLS. I can tell you why it is very saturated. Govt work is uncertain these days. Sir If you have the means and you need two jobs or more Radiography will do. You get good pay. If you buy a ultrasound and you can print the copies you can start working with Maternity clinics who need ultrasound copies for proper diagnostics you rake tons.
MLS was created under Pathology. In University many of their Lecturers are mostly Pathologist with Postgraduate in various disciplines. Choose radiography.

(1) (Reply)

How Long Does The Nigerian Society Of Engineers (NSE) Take To Approve An Appl? / Interview Lies(urgent) / Need Advice On Which Master's Degree And Subsequent Career Path To Follow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.