Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol (38954 Views)

Filling Station In Ogidi Anambra Sells Water As Fuel (Pictures, Video) / Customers Accuse Azman Fuel Station Abuja Of Dispensing Water (Video) / American ATM Dispenses 100$ To Customers Instead Of 20$ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by ShaqFu: 9:20am On Mar 15, 2021
If kasala no bust I'm sure they would have ignore making a public statement. grin
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by lugo99(m): 9:20am On Mar 15, 2021
WizKid is a goat
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by godofuck231: 9:20am On Mar 15, 2021
Tolexander:
Madam, it was not intentional now. They wouldn’t have filled up their tank or bulk up the fuel in the tank with water

All the same, the filling station has to be responsible for the clean up of the engines affected
tanker drivers steal products and pump water from nearby rivers to make up quantity, it’s an evil practice by trailer drivers
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by anenymasng(m): 9:23am On Mar 15, 2021
Beremx:
It was not intentional bawo? Do you work in the fueling station to ascertain if it was intentional or not? Not one or two cars were affected and you say it’s not intentional.

Its not intentional. Due to the rainfall, water must have found its way into their storage tanks. Its beyond their control but they'll make repairs on affected cars.
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Bluffly: 9:24am On Mar 15, 2021
Beremx:
It was not intentional bawo? Do you work in the fueling station to ascertain if it was intentional or not? Not one or two cars were affected and you say it’s not intentional.
Na so una go dey aggravate matter beyond reasonable limit. In your right senses how can that be intentional, and to what purpose or gain when it is obvious it will be detected. Haba

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by staga: 9:26am On Mar 15, 2021
anenymasng:

Its not intentional. Due to the rainfall, water must have found its way into their storage tanks. Its beyond their control but they'll make repairs on affected cars.

Filling stations are supposed to do periodic checks on their storage tanks and replace ageing tanks. Tanks which are in good condition and relatively new will not suffer corrosion to the point where water finds its way into the tanks in that magnitude.

2 Likes

Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Zenithpeak(m): 9:27am On Mar 15, 2021
Bank PHB prophesy come to reality in Nigeria....
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Bluffly: 9:27am On Mar 15, 2021
godofuck231:
tanker drivers steal products and pump water from nearby rivers to make up quantity, it’s an evil practice by trailer drivers
Have you seen one? If yes then that is one of the root in the system and taking way to far
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:28am On Mar 15, 2021
Yeeeeee!!!!!

Fuel Pump!

Injector!

Nozzle eeeeeeeeh!

Den don buy market!

1 Like

Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 15, 2021
ngadaAwo:
afenja fifu
all because of Owambe money grin

Simplyleo lzaa imhotep Monogamy
Is this all you do with your life?
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Pyhonist: 9:32am On Mar 15, 2021
Omo!!! grin grin grin

Awon eleyi para mehn

Too bad...rip to the car engines they can never be the same
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Jeezuzpick(m): 9:33am On Mar 15, 2021
Bluffly:

Have you seen one? If yes then that is one of the root in the system and taking way to far

I have seen one.

I followed a relative to inspect a tanker before discharge somewhere in Abuja.

He asked the tanker driver to discharge partially into a bucket. Omo! Na WATER comot!

He simply asked them to keep discharging in the bucket till they got only fuel, then he will measure the amount left in the tanks (there are at least 3 separate tanks in a tanker).

It's easy to catch them.since water goes to the bottom of the tank while petrol floats on top.
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Cj4charles(m): 9:34am On Mar 15, 2021
Nothing wey Buhari governement no go see for fuel station

Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Femeto: 9:38am On Mar 15, 2021
Not surprised. Them done sell air for me before.
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by BabaIjebuXL(m): 9:41am On Mar 15, 2021
Beremx:
This is just callous and wickedness. Did they think people wouldn’t find out?
Nigeria is a lawless country if not those affected should sue their ass!!
Heartless!!

I'm certain it's not intentional, I fill my tank at that station everytime I'm in abeokuta and I have never had to complain. They need to do more with your maintance culture

3 Likes

Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Sunnydoo: 9:44am On Mar 15, 2021
We need to find another means to survive aside this petrol thing. Water turned to hydro..... will pave the way for us.
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Tunagee(m): 9:45am On Mar 15, 2021
Maybe dem dey buy bunkering fuel; of course water must always dey that kind of fuel.
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Pyhonist: 9:50am On Mar 15, 2021
Tolexander:
Madam, it was not intentional now. They wouldn’t have filled up their tank or bulk up the fuel in the tank with water

All the same, the filling station has to be responsible for the clean up of the engines affected

How is it not deliberate. At close the business probably the night prior to the incident, the staff must have done what we call dipping to measure the remaining quantity of pms in the thank. Dipping should also be done periodically during business hour.

The following day, the same dipping must be repeated before you start selling to anybody.

This enables you compare the closing qty with opening qty.

In this case according to the company's explanation, is either the due process was not followed or somebody was thanking Jesus for a miraculous increase in qty of pms in the thank.

I mean this is a dumb mistake or act of wickedness

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by christinme224(m): 9:53am On Mar 15, 2021
post=99898678:
Some lazy youths will just read only the headline of a news and start typing rubbish.

And if their uncles and aunties at home call them Lazy youth, dem go dey carry shoulder up.

Some Yeye youths sha.
Funny peeps

How will I address you now.. Ajar youth or serious youth....Are you aware that after the daily sells that the filling station managers take record of the remaining quantity.....and before you start your shift that you are also mandated to take the record of the quantity......If it is not intentional ,why didn't they flag it that the quantity recorded is the the quantity I am having now ? You are calling people that is more educated then you lazy youth .....
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Tolexander: 9:54am On Mar 15, 2021
Pyhonist:

How is it not deliberate. At close the business probably the night prior to the incident, the staff must have done what we call dipping to measure the remaining quantity of pms in the thank. Dipping should also be done periodically during business hour.

The following day, the same dipping must be repeated before you start selling to anybody.

This enables you compare the closing qty with opening qty.

In this case according to the company's explanation, is either the due process was not followed or somebody was thanking Jesus for a miraculous increase in qty of pms in the thank.

I mean this is a dumb mistake or act of wickedness
why contradicting yourself?

2 Likes

Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 15, 2021
please compensate the affected victims
engine wahala no be here
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Pyhonist: 10:00am On Mar 15, 2021
Tolexander:
why contradicting yourself?

Please read to comprehend and move on if you can't make reasonable contributions
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Tvoice: 10:01am On Mar 15, 2021
This weak me ooooO
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by sommy03(m): 10:04am On Mar 15, 2021
Nothing we Taylor Swift never see for her Wildest dreams
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Tvoice: 10:05am On Mar 15, 2021
Peterobi90:
This is not an excuse.. there is always daily checks of underground tanks.. this is obviously negligence of the station manager.

Dont stations take quantity reading of underground tanks each day to balance sales?.. if the litres beneath surpassed what was available, why dispense in the first place?..

Dont mind dem , I manage a fuel station, we do wat we call deeping , every night and in d morning before we start sales , so if there was anything wrong , u will notice , all dis wan na story for the Gods

1 Like

Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Nickisindigo(m): 10:08am On Mar 15, 2021
olasaad:
One day car will ride on water according to one bank PHB advert and now the day has finally come shocked shocked shocked

You Don old oo
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by mannasseh(m): 10:09am On Mar 15, 2021
has anyone thought about the polluted ground water and it's effect
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by mashad(m): 10:09am On Mar 15, 2021
abiodunadex001:
This country is a joke,cruise everyday

Is it everything you blame the country on? The company just apologize. No one is beyond errors
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Monogamy: 10:09am On Mar 15, 2021
SegFault:

Is this all you do with your life?

And where is the life in that person...
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Cleanworld(f): 10:10am On Mar 15, 2021
This can't be true shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked, Has it gotten to this extent? grin grin grin. i must to unseen this evil
Re: Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol by Mcreloaded(m): 10:11am On Mar 15, 2021
Tolexander:
The reason has been explained in their release.

Do you expect them to fill their tank with water to start dispensing to cars?

It was a costly and silly mistake on their side. Hence they need being responsible for the cost of all cars affected now and later in the future

I like the bolded part where you said later and in the future, because within a month some vehicles will have problems with their fuel pump.

I like the way the management is handling the issue though

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Folorunso Alakija Gives Prophetic Prayers / DSS Raids Bureau De Change Operators In Abuja & Lagos, Forces Dollar Down To 400 / Arthur Eze Dances "Gbe Body" At An Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.