Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,132 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader (19251 Views)

Ayo Adebanjo: I Remain The Leader Of Afenifere / Pa Adebanjo: I Warned Fasoranti To Be Wary Of Political Visits / Ayo Adebanjo: Ojukwu Betrayed Awolowo With The Civil War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by nairavsdollars(f): 7:27pm On Mar 16, 2021
New acting national leader of pan-Yoruba socio-political organisation, Afenifere Chief Ayo Adebanjo on Tuesday said he would have desired a much younger person to be in charge of the group’s affairs.

The former national leader, Pa Reuben Fasoranti who is 95 years old stepped down from the position due to old age.
According to him, the development became necessary because the group needs an improved organisation with more effective approach to combat the challenges facing Yoruba people.

But speaking in a chat with Daily Independent, 92 year-old Adebanjo said he would have desired a much more younger person to step into Fasoranti’s shoes as the group’s leader, adding that the issue will be looked into in the near future.

“I am not at that meeting where the decision was taken today that I will be the new leader of Afenifere but I agree with them on the decisions taken” .“However, I believe they should have chosen a younger person as the new leader. I also agree with those saying it is time for younger generation of leaders to take charge of Afenifere. I believe we will look into that as time goes on” .

“People will say when a 95 year old stepped down for a 92 year old, what difference does it really make? I will really love a younger person to be in charge. I don’t have to be the leader to contribute my quota. There is nothing I have been doing now that I can’t still do.

On what he will do differently in his new position as Acting leader of the group, Adebanjo said“There is nothing new to add. What we have been doing in Afenifere is what we will keep doing because we are a consistent organisation. Afenifere is a principled organisation. We believe in restructuring of Nigeria and true federalism. We also believe in good governance without corruption” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/im-92-years-afenifere-needs-a-younger-leader-ayo-adebanjo/

5 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
If Only you guys were shouting about true federalism at the top of your voice during GEJ tenure, maybe he would have worked on ways to restructure Nigeria early instead of the injury time he started working on it.

But your guys mouth was filled up with dollars you couldn't even speak up.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by donbachi(m): 8:05pm On Mar 16, 2021
Sowore should be made their leader.

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by easyhacq(m): 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2021
Good idea, there is little or no expectations from that age

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by theTranslator: 10:41pm On Mar 16, 2021
donbachi:
Sowore should be made their leader.
Sowore says he's Ijaw

9 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Monogamy: 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2021
Step down and stop shalaye

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by optionalY09: 10:45pm On Mar 16, 2021
Baba you sure must have trained some people. You can present us with a successor I’ll recommend Omoyele Sowore

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by festacman(m): 10:53pm On Mar 16, 2021
Afenifere doesn't look like an organization that has too many young members. Of course, there is Yinka Odumakin in there but certainly not many. Obviously, Afenifere needs to restructure to be relevant to ordinary Yoruba person and to be able to demand for restructuring of Nigeria. Furthermore, making "how to pull Tinubu down" as one of its objectives is also devaluing.

Ohaneze too needs to serious restructuring.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Nobody: 10:55pm On Mar 16, 2021
The young leader these yorubas are talking about is a 80 years old man. grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by trutharena: 11:41pm On Mar 16, 2021
I expect Chief Ayo Adebanjo to reject the position and rather tell the committee to find a younger leader instead of saying mere words about the need for younger ones.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by optionalY09: 2:57am On Mar 17, 2021
Sowore would do a great Job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by butterfly777(m): 5:43am On Mar 17, 2021
I'll like to be the next Afenifere leader. Just contact me.

I am young, and I have good vision for Yorubaland. Plus, I can't be bought with money.

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by butterfly777(m): 5:46am On Mar 17, 2021
Can someone please tell us how to become a member of Afenifere?

Some of us want to join the group but don't know how to go about it.

7 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by FalseProphet1(m): 6:19am On Mar 17, 2021
I see Osibanjo becoming the leader of afenifere very soon. This I have seen.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Cooldiipo(m): 6:19am On Mar 17, 2021
wink
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by iceberylin(m): 6:20am On Mar 17, 2021
Old man you're killing yourself.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:20am On Mar 17, 2021
When a 95 year old stepped down for a 92 year old,
what difference does it really make?

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Elvis2kay: 6:20am On Mar 17, 2021
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 17, 2021
These old men are the troubles of Nigeria.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by espn(m): 6:22am On Mar 17, 2021
Who dem help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by martolux(m): 6:22am On Mar 17, 2021
Na so baba promised us in 2015
butterfly777:
I'll like to be the next Afenifere leader. Just contact me.

I am young, and I have good vision for Yorubaland. Plus, I can't be bought with money.
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Duplexxx: 6:23am On Mar 17, 2021
Why double colour
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by merits(m): 6:24am On Mar 17, 2021
wink

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Olobofife(m): 6:24am On Mar 17, 2021
Good
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Mabizeka: 6:24am On Mar 17, 2021
BabaOwen:
If Only you guys were shouting about true federalism at the top of your voice during GEJ tenure, maybe he would have worked on ways to restructure Nigeria early instead of the injury time he started working on it.

But your guys mouth was filled up with dollars you couldn't even speak up.

So says a zombie

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by straighttalk(m): 6:25am On Mar 17, 2021
Talk is Cheap
Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Mabizeka: 6:25am On Mar 17, 2021
Afenifere is the only true representative of the Yorubas reckongnised worldwide

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Elzakzaky: 6:25am On Mar 17, 2021
These old men, their wahala no deh finish.
My uncle will always brag about how much he had achieved at my age. He should also be comparing himself with Ronaldo and messi na undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by elmessiahs(m): 6:25am On Mar 17, 2021
These two men have left a legacy worthwhile... they have ensured that our awareness of the evil done by leaders are checked, they are our torchlights.

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by Omoluabi1stborn: 6:25am On Mar 17, 2021
optionalY09:
Baba you sure must have trained some people. You can present us with a successor I’ll recommend Omoyele Sowore
Sowore isn't Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Ayo Adebanjo: I Am 92 Years, Afenifere Needs A Younger Leader by butterfly777(m): 6:26am On Mar 17, 2021
martolux:
Na so baba promised us in 2015

Lol

But not everyone is the same. I am different.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ayu Must Resign, Makinde Demands / Rabiu Kwankwaso Speaking Live At Chatham House / "We Are Not Corrupt!" - Nigerian Police To NBS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.