Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,210 members, 7,811,572 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities (14460 Views)

FCTA Demolishes Illegal Market Allegedly Use For Criminal Activities In Abuja / U.S. Uncovers More Criminal Activities Involving Abidemi Rufai / Federal Government Approves 13% Derivation For Revenue Generated From Mining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by iwaeda: 11:04am On Mar 17, 2021
The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has said his regime has discovered that criminals have infiltrated the mining industry in the country.

Buhari said this on Tuesday while declaring open the 56th annual international conference and exhibition of the Nigerian Mining and Geosciences Society held at the International Conference Centre, University of Ibadan.
The theme of the conference was: ‘Responsible exploration and exploitation of mineral resources in a secured environment’.

His address was read by the Minister of State for Mines and Steel Development, Dr Uchechukwu Ogah.

The President said since most mining activities were taking place in remote places, it was easy for criminals to infiltrate the mining industry.

He added that the money made from the industry was being used to fund criminal activities to the detriment of the economy of the country and its security.

Buhari stated that apart from the security implications of the criminals on the economy, their actions were affecting the security of lives and property of the people in many ways.

The President said, “The reality of this truth is most obvious in the minerals sector given the fact that mining activities take place in remote localities. Our intelligence gathering efforts have confirmed that most of these criminal elements have infiltrated the mining industry and are using it as means of funding their despicable activities.

“It is with this understanding that we recently took the painful but necessary decision of banning all forms of mining activities in Zamfara State, where armed banditry has persisted.

“It is also to this end that I directed the ministers of Mines and Steel Development to strengthen collaboration with state governments and relevant security agencies to ensure the security and safety of all mining areas. In so doing, we can achieve sustainable development of the minerals sector for the peace and security of our great country and good people.

“It is in furtherance of our commitment and resolve to address the security challenges that I recently charged the newly-decorated service chiefs that they have just a few weeks to crush all forms of criminality in the country. We cannot yield the sovereignty of our nation to a bunch of individuals, who have refused to see reasons to abandon their criminality.

“The security chiefs have been mandated to forcefully bring this criminality to an immediate end. Let me reiterate that the government is more than capable and more than ever determined to halt all forms of criminality perpetuated by these individuals.”

Buhari restated the commitment of his regime to diversifying Nigeria’s economy using mining and agriculture sectors as viable option.

The Oyo State Governor, Mr Seyi Makinde, who was decorated as a fellow of the NMGS alongside others, identified the placement of mining on the exclusive list as a factor hindering its development.

Makinde said, “One of the factors holding back exploration and exploitation of mineral resources in the various states, including Oyo State, is the ownership of resources.

“Mineral development and exploration are currently placed on the exclusive list of the Nigerian Constitution. This has retarded the development of the sector and eliminated direct state and local people’s participation. We know what this means in real terms: The state and the people have to wait to get a share of their natural resources instead of being the ones to share them.

“Well, the good news is that recently, Zamfara State was allowed to mine and own its gold deposits. It signals that it is time to again push for resource control for all states.

“As a matter of fact and urgency, here in Oyo State, we call for the delisting of the mineral resource ownership and development from the exclusive list.”

The Group Managing Director, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Mallam Mele Kyari, said the country was a natural gas province and the next energy strategy must be built around effective domestic utilisation of natural gas and overall monetisation of gas.

https://punchng.com/money-from-mining-used-to-fund-criminal-activities-says-buhari/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by theTranslator: 11:05am On Mar 17, 2021
Says the chief terrorist of West Africa.

Buhari is useless!

He should have died in the civil war! angry

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by ShobayoEmma(m): 11:07am On Mar 17, 2021
A demon divulging the secret of devil. both are reporting back to Satan. The Satan here is the N........

16 Likes

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by slawormiir: 11:19am On Mar 17, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ....

Buhari is a pussy ass niggarr and the person who deputize ..Dr Uchechukwu Ogah...is also a pussy ass niggarr...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by JosephXavier: 11:20am On Mar 17, 2021
Buhari got tired of blaming PDP

He blamed the economy but crude oil is now 72$ per barrel

Now he is blaming criminals

Who know who he will blame next

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by ScamHunter: 11:20am On Mar 17, 2021
We warned Nigerians in 2014 but they thought they're smart. Beats me how people could be so stupid in the era of Internet. In fact, I've given up hope on negros in their contraption. This is why I don't pity those going on exile. When you refuse to have sense, sense would be knocked into you by force.

Does it not awe you that nearly every issue in this country is now taqqya geared towards projection of one ethnic groups? Just one. Yet people were too blind to see what was obvious.

14 Likes

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by Racoon(m): 11:20am On Mar 17, 2021
President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), has said his regime has discovered that criminals have infiltrated the mining industry in the country.
Meaning, president Buhari is still as usual not aware, shocked or surprised that terrorists have infiltrated his country even mining our mineral resources.This is gross indictment on the government.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by Wibif: 11:20am On Mar 17, 2021
Reading...
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by alingo2013(m): 11:20am On Mar 17, 2021
Next news please
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by butterfly777(m): 11:20am On Mar 17, 2021
I don't trust the government to just believe the impression they try to give. Sometimes, the more you look, the less you see.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by tommykiwi(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2021
So why are you telling us? You claim to be the President but you don't know your work or what to do to address this issue.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by OKOATA(m): 11:21am On Mar 17, 2021
angry
Can you believe the shiit this evil monster is spewing, na those foolish naija delta I blame, sooner or later I believe we will break away so you can use your gold to fund your terrorist brothers then we see how it pans out. When you use funds meant to better the country on your wretched brothers. This foolish idioot still comes out to say this you will know this one isn't a president but an imbeciile. He goat of a president, foolish entity. OGUN kee you Buhari, I just hate this Fvcker.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by bigdammyj: 11:21am On Mar 17, 2021
Noted
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by bupounds: 11:22am On Mar 17, 2021
Bush meat wan catch hunter..
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by mipoh: 11:22am On Mar 17, 2021
Nahwa oo
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by NaijaCuzin: 11:22am On Mar 17, 2021
Really?
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by Charmingrascal(m): 11:22am On Mar 17, 2021
Now that the killer herdsmen Wakili and his son arrested by OPC in Oyo have been remanded and charged for murder.

I am waiting for the loud mouthed, demented Fani Kayode to come and prove to us that the man is not Wakili, he should come and give us prove that the man arrested by OPC is an innocent man.

That is my only concern at the moment

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by Spending123: 11:23am On Mar 17, 2021
I think I have seen and heard it all in this country, therefore I donate my eyes and ears to charity...thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by gimakon2(m): 11:23am On Mar 17, 2021
And what exactly are you doing about it?
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by SarkinYarki: 11:24am On Mar 17, 2021
Sharap there !!!! Your generous ransoms have actually been the greatest source of funding for the bandits and your lack of will power to fight them has been their greatest fuel...to put more aptly Bandit and Buhari =cahoots

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by elmessiahs(m): 11:24am On Mar 17, 2021
it's easier to clampdown artisenal refiners in the South

2 Likes

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by jchioma: 11:24am On Mar 17, 2021
grin

Choi for "the mining industry".

Industry that does not benefit the country except some few people in government and bandits.

kovic7:
A fool talks foolishly.
When a senseless leader speaks, you know that a senseless leader is speaking. Doesn't Nigeria have borders? Are there no immigration and Customs Service? What are their duties? How are this ammunition acquired and how do they get here?
Sincerely answer these questions and you'll be halfway through to the solution to this insecurities.
It's now obvious that terrorism is a core principle of Islam (take it or leave it).
If you're a Muslim and you are not violently inclined, then you're a fake Muslim (Ask Sheakau).

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by Harddiskng(m): 11:24am On Mar 17, 2021
Mscheww. Money is just a medium of exchange whether crypto or normal currency.

There is no medium of exchange that can’t be used to fund criminal activity. All these excuses for failed regulation.
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by Yeyeboi05(m): 11:24am On Mar 17, 2021
Omo ,the only mining I know about is crypto mining,let d rest f—k off!Lets make some bucks today!!!
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by ScamHunter: 11:25am On Mar 17, 2021
As if the country is not spending billions on security. Fulani is just cashing out big time under this government. Serves foolish natives right.
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by Calcium33: 11:26am On Mar 17, 2021
like say e no sabi about am
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by CocoaOla: 11:26am On Mar 17, 2021
Clueless
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by mmsen: 11:27am On Mar 17, 2021
How about the criminals, such as yourself, who have entrenched themselves in government?
Re: Buhari: Money From Mining Used To Fund Criminal Activities by seunayantokun(m): 11:27am On Mar 17, 2021
When Nigerians are talking, I think the president should be doing his job but he's also talking, rather than using the information he has to secure the country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

APC To Lagos4Lagos Group: Saraki Is An Expired Political Godfather / Kano: Appeal Court Asks Lawyers To Return Certified Copy For Correction - Odinka / Nnamdi Kanu Should Be Arrested, If

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.