Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,553 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) (39885 Views)

Man Drowns While Riding A Jet-Ski On Ikoyi Waterways / Heavy Flooding In Marina Lagos Drowns Cars (Picture) / 10-Year-Old Boy Drowns In Kano Italian Pond While Bathing; Body Recovered (Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by NwekeUG(m): 12:13pm On Mar 17, 2021
12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic)

A 12-year-old boy identified as Lekan Benjamin, on Tuesday March 16 drowned at Asa River in Ilorin while swimming with his friends, IgbereTV reports.

The Director of the Kwara State Fire Service, Falade Olumuyiwa, confirmed the incident, describing it as unfortunate.

He said the incident happened when the victim, a pupil of Junior Secondary School, Ilorin, went swimming with some of his classmates while returning from school.

At about 13:21hrs on March 16, the State Fire Service attended to the scene, at Ejiba Road, off Stadium road, Ilorin.

According to the fire officers present at the scene, the victim, a boy from Oja-iya Area of Ilorin, was recovered dead from the river by the firemen and handed over to his biological father, Mr Monday Benjamin.

Falade John Olumuyiwa (CFO) consoled the family of the victim and advised parents to watch over their children's movement in order to prevent similar occurrences.

https://www.facebook.com/286070608684604/posts/782610659030594/?app=fbl

1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Tolexander: 12:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
Even swimming in this kinda dirty river is risky

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Mabizeka: 12:17pm On Mar 17, 2021
So sad. I'm short of words

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Mar 17, 2021
So sad
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Damidave1124(m): 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
Very sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by bouncin04(m): 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2021
Only imagining what people are going through , from the normal depression caused by the current regime to another depression for his loved ones , may God grant them the fortitude to bear the loss . R.I.P to the departed .

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Teaser4(m): 1:11pm On Mar 17, 2021
Chai e be things... RIP kiddo

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Leun: 1:11pm On Mar 17, 2021
This is sad, the guy trying to chest compression is even doing it wrongly.. I think BLS should be taught in school even is secondary schools.

12 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by KingAttitude(m): 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
..how person wey drown take concern “Kwara State Fire Service”?

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Gozzzy(m): 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
We swam way deeper waters those days... Talk of Imo River, talk of Nworie River, talk of Otammiri... The very notorious Otammiri... Na only God dey protect us..... Here we are now. Na swimming pool levels for house, we dey now.... To God be the Glory cheesy cheesy
RIP little swimmer ..... Swim on, in the divines waters of heaven.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Olobofife(m): 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
Condolences to his parents
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by webosky: 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2021
NwekeUG:
12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic)

https://www.facebook.com/286070608684604/posts/782610659030594/?app=fbl
hmmm
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Twelfthman: 1:12pm On Mar 17, 2021

It is calm and silent water that drown a man

RIP
God knows best.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by pozehnani(f): 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
Sad.

I always advise myself and others who can't swim to avoid big water bodies. I don't even joke with small streams.

4 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by addexx: 1:14pm On Mar 17, 2021
Illorin is making news rounds today
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by ibnlawal(m): 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
So sad! I hope he finds peace in the abyss
Indeed, my town is truly getting in the news for wrong reasons these days.
Even today, a riot broke out due to the ongoing mission schools saga. May Allah take full control.
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
Homo sapiens. We live on land. We breathe air. Wetin una dey find inside water. Which enjoyment dey water wey no dey land? Why take unnecessary risks. The only time I enter pool na to Snap to show my muscles. The rest na by the edge. Rivers I stay very far away.
Including boats and stuffs. If I want marry you and na to cross river come meet your family the wedding is off. That's how much I hate water. The things it has done to me personally.....make I no talk.
Enough issues dey land I no want go add water own join.

Rest in peace kiddo

7 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Yewandequeen(f): 1:16pm On Mar 17, 2021
cry cry
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Mindlog: 1:17pm On Mar 17, 2021
KingAttitude:

It is part of their job.

7 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2021
RIP to the youngie

4 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 17, 2021
embarassed embarassed embarassed shocked
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by theTranslator: 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2021
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by theTranslator: 1:19pm On Mar 17, 2021
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by GIANTPLUSHUB: 1:22pm On Mar 17, 2021
Chai
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Juell(m): 1:25pm On Mar 17, 2021
KingAttitude:
It's part of their duty

4 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by OBALOLA55(m): 1:28pm On Mar 17, 2021
OLD NEWS
Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Barbsamiin: 1:31pm On Mar 17, 2021
OP you sure say this news no be from ? cause the way those guys directed and shoot a scene and then later published it as a news, still baffles me.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Boy Drowns While Swimming With Friends In Ilorin (Graphic) by Opeyemi9916: 1:32pm On Mar 17, 2021
Falade John Olumuyiwa (CFO) consoled the family of the victim and advised parents to watch over their children's movement in order to prevent similar occurrences.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Libyan Govt Breaks Into Homes Of Nigerian Immigrants, Dump Them In Prisons(pics) / The Current State Of The Obalende Bus Terminal (Photos) / Why Boeing 747 Aircrafts Have A Giant Hump In The Front

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.