Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,059 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? (1757 Views)

It Turns Me On Seeing My Wife Hurt, Sad Or In Pain / Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by Ynot(m): 6:45am On Feb 08, 2006
Today has been a really bad day for me. One of my friend's sister lost her eight months baby boy. Since he was born, he had been always sick; had two heart surgery when he was just two months old. And to make the matter worse, the mom's boyfriend bolted once he found out his girlfriend was pregnant. We've been praying for a miracle or for God to just take him to ease his pain. He passed away today as he went for another surgery.

Have you ever prayed for the death of a loved one when you know there is nothing that could be done to save their live and you know they are suffering?
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by deyemi(m): 10:08am On Feb 08, 2006
We understand by the bible that whenever we pray he answers us. So why will you pray for the death of a loved one who is in pain when you know that the same God you are praying to, can take the pain away. Only if you ask Him to.
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by LoverBwoy(m): 2:34pm On Feb 08, 2006
Accept my humble condolence
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by timmy(m): 5:46pm On Feb 08, 2006
well i once wished my father to die!!, gosh.. i so hated is a$s
well if he had died then, that'll have being the best thing God would have done for me, well we still donly like each other, but for my momsie's sake and my siblings too, he could live angry
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by dablessed(f): 12:12am On Feb 09, 2006
I agree with Deyemi. You can very well pray to GOd for circumstances to be turned around.

Accept my heartfelt condolences. May the balm of Gilead comfort his family at such a time as this.
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by prettyH(f): 12:18am On Feb 09, 2006
timmy:

well i once wished my father to die!!, gosh.. i so hated is a$s
well if he had died then, that'll have being the best thing God would have done for me, well we still donly like each other, but for my momsie's sake and my siblings too, he could live angry

Is that the question he asked? Ha...do u hate your dad that much? Gosh ppl have issues sha.

@Ynot
I know how you feel. Been there before and only God comforts and time heals the emptiness.
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by timmy(m): 1:26pm On Feb 09, 2006
prettyH:

Is that the question he asked? Ha...do u hate your dad that much? Gosh people have issues sha.

Yeah!!, reall issues angry
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by alheri(f): 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2006
wow timmy, am sure you dont mean that shocked . We all dont get along with our parents at particular times in our lives but to wish your dad death is alittle too much, if I might say so. Haba, and the man is not even sick. Nawa4U oh!
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by papermoon(f): 3:42pm On Feb 10, 2006
ynot...
i understand perfectly how you feel.and unless one has walked in those shoes....it can never be understood.i remember when my dad was diagnosed with a very very rare form of cancer. he was given 8 years..with ALL the prayers etc..nothing changed..he took worse..when the end came..i remember looking at him and asking..GOD WHY THE Bleep(yes i swore at GOD)because i had seen all my life this healthy man.and he had to depend on everyone..and i tell you it killed him cus he was a proud african man..and when i had my last conversation with him..it was on the phone..30 minutes later i walked upstairs to his room in the hospital and he had been pronounced brain damaged..meaning..all his faculties..were no longer functional...long and short a vegetable..when the doctors were trying to do stuff to him..i looked at him and his eyes spelt one thing...LET THEM LET ME GO..i went into the waiting room of the icu...and i got on my knees...and i told GOD..IF HE IS GOING TOLIVE A LIFE OF PAIN AND DISCOMFORT..IF YOU ARE NOT GONNA GET HIM BETTER..PLEASE TAKE HIM AWAY NOW AND LET HIM NOT SUFFER ANYMORE...i was still on my knees crying and praying when the doctor walked in..and i will never forget when i looked up and the doctors hands showed a NO sign and he mouthed..HE DIDNT MAKE IT.
the first thing i said was THANK GOD before i fainted.

so y-not..in my experience its perfectly okay to ask GOD to take someone who is in pain to go home and rest.GOD gives life...and if people can pray to HIM to give them kids(a form of life)?why cant we tell HIM to take away life that is in such pain.
its hard..but i just pray nobody on here ever has to face such a choice.
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by funty(f): 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2006
well i feel sorry for you sad. i've never prayed for a loved one who was in pain to die but i've had a loved one who was in pain for over a year and when she eventually died, i was happy for her because that was the best thing that ever happened to her at least that put an end to the pain and discomfort sad sad sad
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by gbenga9ja(m): 9:16am On Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, I, my father, mum and my siblings have actually always prayed for our Grand-father, my father's father to actually die cos he was in great pains, and he was also becoming like a burden to us.

He has been down with stroke for like 7, 8 yrs now. Allow me to narrate what a man with stroke does and please pray you never have stroke in your life cos it is very dangerous and damaging. Avoid too much sex most especially with different gurls cos dats what my father told me caused my grandpa's stroke, he said he was always sleeping around with different young gurls at his age after grandma died long ago.

Well, he was paralysed after having a stroke, we had to always bathe him, he always wets the bed, the most disgusting part of it all is that he always make a great mess when he wants to shit, he just poo poo on the bed and then he will start playing with the shit, throw it on the floor, one of my sisters actually slipped when she stepped on the poo without knowing, lol or paint the wall of the house with the shit, giving the wall another colour, i don't really know if the stroke damaged his brain as well because he started behaving like a baby, like someone who has no sense, imagine cleaning him up for all those yrs, imagine packing the shit always, aving to carry him always 2 bath him and all.

He was always in great pains, always shouting in the middle of the night and he became so stiff, he couldn't move any part of his body, he couldn't even get up to sit or eat his meal, we all became so worried and were always praying for his death most especially my father because he was really suffering in pains, i and my sisters even even thot of poisoning him one day but we just couldn't do it cos we knew it was gonna be a great sin and his spirit might come hunting us, u know?

During his last days, imagine this, maggots started coming out of his body, imagine, he isn't dead yet and maggots were coming out of his body, not out of the bed o, we always buy him a new bed, i even had to give him my bed. The whole house was always booming with stink, our visitors couldn't always stay long, they always had to leave quickly.

Anyway, we heaved a sign of relief on Monday, february 6, 2006, he finally gave up d ghost in the afternoon, my sisters were trying to feed him and he breathe his last, they ran out of the house when they realised he was dead, they had to call me on phone and my mom as well, dad is still away in Abuja but he had been told and he was happy about the news of his death, i actually carried a dead body that nite to the motuary, i was scared a little but i had 2 act as if i wasn't scared sha cos i was d only man available in the house.

It is very possible to pray for the death of a loved one if he is suffering in pains and all most especially if he becomes a burden like my grand-pa
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by Ynot(m): 9:29am On Feb 12, 2006
Wow. And i thought i had it bad. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by gbenga9ja(m): 9:38am On Feb 12, 2006
Amen
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by SweetnSour(f): 9:26pm On Feb 13, 2006
Never did! Never will! God giveth and taketh. Let his will be done. He can take the loved one when he wants to but I beg of him not to make me sad .
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by alheri(f): 11:47am On Feb 14, 2006
SweetnSour:

Never did! Never will! God giveth and taketh. Let his will be done. He can take the loved one when he wants to but I beg of him not to make me sad .

cheesy
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by Zahymaka(m): 1:24am On Apr 28, 2006
I did once. My uncle had kidney failure. When he was dialysed, the nurses couldn't locate the vein and they probed his thighs with a needle.

The pain as you can imagine, was excruciating. He couldn't walk after it and was wasting away. I had to carry him everywhere [and he was really heavy] -- the toilet, when he wnted to sit or kneel. He was never comfortable and couldn't pass water [if you don't understand -- e no fi' piss].

I felt bad watching him and I was angry with God. "If it is your will to heal him, then do so -- if not, take him. He's in too much pain," I screamed at God. I felt peace descend on me and I ceased to worry.

He had been sleeping peacefully for a while so I decided to go out. I complained to my aunt that I was tired and she went in to check on him. He was dead, a peaceful smile on his face.
Re: Ever Prayed For The Death Of A Loved One In Pain? by sparta(f): 11:57am On Mar 18, 2009
It may sound ridiculous but at times death is better than some level of pain. I have never prayed for a loved one to die but i cant remember how many times i prayed for death in 2006 when became very ill, the pain was just too much. I hate being a burden to people around me , it was so bad because i could not be diagnosed for anything in particular. I thank God he didnt answer my prayers then as i am okay now, bouncing. I guess it must have been divine healing for me.

(1) (Reply)

47 Years Old Man Impregnates 13 Years Old Girl Left In His Care / Am 21 Yrs & I Hav 1.3 Million, My Dad Wants Me 2 Save The Money. Somebody Help Me. / When Is The Right Time For Intending Couples To Go For Medical Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.