Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,768 members, 7,820,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 (15112 Views)

Dino Melaye: I Am Not Getting Married On 28th December 2020 (Picture) / Dino Melaye: I Will Fight For A Better Society Through My Movie Roles / Dino Melaye: I Am Not The Father Of Tboss Child - Senator Denies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by etokhana: 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
The former lawmaker representing Kogi West Senatorial District in the National Assembly, Senator Dino Melaye on Friday said he is full of regret for supporting the candidacy of President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015.

Buhari contested under the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) six years ago and defeated ex-President Goodluck Jonathan of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the first time an opposition would floor a ruling party in Nigeria’s presidential election.

Melaye was among those that canvassed support for Buhari’s presidential ambition, having dumped the PDP for the ruling APC.

Six years down the line, the former federal lawmaker and PDP chieftain asked God and Nigerians for forgiveness, noting that this current administration is the worst in the nation’s history.

“I apologise to God almighty who is the supreme controller of the universe and Nigerians for supporting Buhari,” he said during an interview on Channels Television’s Politics Today.

“The Buhari agenda is the greatest scam that came out of Africa. The Buhari presidency in 2015 is the greatest scam that came out of Africa.

“The subject Buhari is the greatest common that came out of Africa. Once I was blind, now I can see. How can one remain in a political party and support the presidency with what is happening today in Nigeria? I regret seriously supporting that because we were scammed,”
he stated.

Senator Melaye also bemoaned what he described as corruption inherent in the ruling APC, noting that the current administration would inflate the mount of road contract.

Giving an instance, he wondered why the government would budget ₦2.1billion for the rehabilitation of one kilometre of road.

The PDP chieftain also spoke about the 2019 general elections where the main opposition fielded ex-Vice President Atiku Abubakar as its candidate.

He said based on available statistics the PDP won the election, accusing the APC-led Federal Government of ousting former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Onnoghen during the electioneering period.

When asked if Atiku would join the 2023 presidential race again, the ex-lawmaker said although he is qualified to aspire for the highest office in the land, he (Melaye) is not in a position to speak for the ex-Vice President.

“Atiku Abubakar is qualified in all ramifications to run for the Presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. It is not for me to ask him to run or not to run. Whether he should or not, my opinion is immaterial.

“When we get to the presidential primaries, I will vote for an aspirant I feel is qualified to run for the PDP. That is my personal opinion,”
he added.

On the security challenges facing the country, the PDP chieftain faulted the APC’s handling of the security issue in the land.

He noted that the Nigerian Army that has excelled in international peacekeeping operations have been reduced to a boy scout under the APC’s government.

Melaye stated further: “Nigerians are fed up with this NGO called the APC. The insecurity in this country, we have never seen anything like this, I cannot fathom it.

“The same Nigerian Army that did well in Sudan, Liberia, that went to Congo Brazzaville, that went to Sierra Leone, that has been going for United Nations’ assignments and flying in brighter colours is the same Army, Air Force, Navy that is behaving like a boy scout today all because of corruption, ineptitude.

“There is no governance in government. We have no President, the President is not available. It has never been this terrible.”
https://www.channelstv.com/2021/03/19/i-seriously-regret-supporting-buhari-in-2015-dino-melaye/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by NwaNimo1(m): 11:55pm On Mar 19, 2021
Just like your people regretted voting for you ........

[img]https://media./images/d60ab2e28c1c78f3dbe1474415501fdb/tenor.gif[/img]
[img]https://media./images/173e83cc7048bc6b25c4a029c6b5bbcf/tenor.gif[/img]

so they voted you out!

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by Spending123: 12:00am On Mar 20, 2021
Go and sin no more for your sins are forgiven.

8 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by sapientia(m): 12:02am On Mar 20, 2021
Daft Dino

Anyone who has ever given benefit of doubt to Buhari is daft.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by Racoon(m): 12:02am On Mar 20, 2021
“The Buhari agenda is the greatest scam that came out of Africa. The Buhari presidency in 2015 is the greatest scam that came out of Africa....How can one remain in a political party and support the presidency with what is happening today in Nigeria?

There is no governance in government. We have no President, the President is not available. It has never been this terrible
....Nigerians are fed up with this NGO called the APC. The insecurity in this country, we have never seen anything like this, i cannot fathom it.
Over to all the high graded mummified asslicking zombies of the government

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by lilvicky68(m): 12:08am On Mar 20, 2021
You did out of your selfish gain.. see what greed has turned you to..if you were still a law Maker you wouldn't have regretted abi?

20 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by slivertongue: 12:10am On Mar 20, 2021
“The Buhari agenda is the greatest scam that came out of Africa. The Buhari presidency in 2015 is the greatest scam that came out of Africa.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by slivertongue: 12:15am On Mar 20, 2021
“Nigerians are fed up with this NGO called the APC. The insecurity in this country, we have never seen anything like this, I cannot fathom it.

19 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by Nobody: 12:39am On Mar 20, 2021
Buhari the biggest scammer packaged by Bola " Pablo Escobar" Tinubu deceived everyone in the country including me. When he finally appointed his cabinet, I knew he was going to be worse than Abacha, he apppointed the who is who of the fantastically corrupt into his cabinet.

The main reason he won was because Nigerians were deceived the incompetent and corrupt dullard was going to put the likes of Dino Melaye in jail for life.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by Nobody: 4:28am On Mar 20, 2021
Kudikonsult:
We need prayers in Nigeria

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:25am On Mar 20, 2021
Our Darling Wailers,
Keep off this post so you won't develop very chronic migraine for the rest of the weekend.
This is only for the good, honest, and hardworking Nigerians to read and digest.
You have been warned/advised Children of hate, frustrations and perdition, before you start complaining of long post, Lazy tins everywhere tongue tongue

We will keep hitting una heads with the undiluted truth.
Na una go tire las las cool

Patriotic Nigerians, let's go there cheesy wink cheesy

*Patriotic Nigerians Do not Waste time Arguing with Buhari Haters*

We are not talking about critics who are genuinely concerned about a better Nigeria,
You will know them because when they see good efforts of government they applaud.

But the others, the one who swore on their lives Buhari will never be president, the enemies of the nation, are the ones we are talking about. The following are their traits:

* They lie and mislead others with statements as 'I regret voting Buhari', etc a cliche they started using as early as few months into the Buhari government.
To them it doesn't matter that the last government looted the treasury and Buhari met an empty treasury...they will say 'we voted him because he said he will change the nation in '3 months? (Don't bother to ask for proof, lying is their trademark)

* They are the one who swore on their father's head that Buhari died in Aso rock, and later in UK. Then they said the Buhari that returned to Nigeria is a clone (duplicate) and you still take cognizance of what comes out of these peoples mouth.

* They were the ones who said 8 years was not enough for OBJ, and 6 not enough for GEJ etc They are the arijenimadaru - beneficiaries of corruption.
They are either the full time politicians, corrupt civil servants, journalists, bankers, fraudulent contractors, religious businessmen etc Its no longer business as usual, so they pretend that they are fighting for ordinary Nigerians!!

* When you remind them of how corruption in last government has ruined the nation....they ask you to stop talking about the past

* When you say Buhari is a man of integrity and his fighting corruption...they say his son has a power bike

* When Evans the kidnapper say something against Buhari, he becomes an hero. When you say their heroes and spokespersons lack integrity (IBB, OBJ, Fayose, FFK, Saraki, GEJ, etc)...then they say look at the message not the messenger (what meaningful words do the robber want to utter?)

*They are not interested in any development in Nigeria, if it means ascribing any success to PMB.

* Every good news of the nation brings them sadness, and they remain quiet until another bad news crops up

* If you tell them Buhari is building over 300 roads all over Nigeria, they say it is because of 2023.

* Tell them Buhari is developing the rail system all over Nigeria, they say it is not his initiative that Obasanjo and GEJ had plans to do it.

* Inform them about the agricultural revolution how Nigeria now produces its local food and has become a foremost world exporter of food, they say it is Obasanjo that started Operation feed the nation in the 70s (God have mercy!!!)

* When you say Buhari is working to completing abandoned projects, over 8000 nationwide (Mambila hydro power, Ajaokuta Steel Plant etc), they say it is because he has no program of his own.

* Refute their allegations that Buhari is tribalistic with how his ministerial cabinets now (and as military head of state) had more Christians than Muslims, and how powerful ministries were being run by southerners...they hold their breath and in the next statement still repeat the allegation (it is an obsession)

* They say Buhari is vindictive..., but no state or region has been denied their share of development projects irrespective of whether they support PMB government or not. He has taken 13b water project to Otuoke in GEJs village Bayelsa, N22b road to Atikus village in Adamawa, reconstruction of Lagos Abeokuta expressway to OBJs state, the 2nd Niger Bridge etc to the east, the massive investment and redevelopment of the Niger-Delta etc are part of the proof of PMBs fairness to all

* When the clampdown on corruption started, they said only southerners are being harassed, when Dasuki etc were arrested they say it is only PDP; when Saraki was taken to court they say it is because he is in opposition; when former governors and APC members were jailed (Dariye and Nyame ) they say it was PDP that started the probe..??

* When EFCC is investigating the massive investments and dollars accounts of Mrs Patience Jonathan, Alison Maduekwe etc.... they say it is political harassment and you should bring proof of corruption.
But when they bring scandalously stupid allegations like Buhari has bought the national stadium etc and you ask for proof ....they say you are a fanatic.

* Tell them how the threats of IPOB, Niger Delta were curtailed, they say it is a clampdown on Igbo's and southerners; remind them of how the menace of El Zakyzaky and his Shiites group of the norths have been curbed.... they say it is coercion.

*Tell them how it has been impossible for even almighty US etc to totally stop suicide bombings ..... they retort 'are you now comparing this 'S**t nation to US' (Of course not, US do not have plenty bad belle-hypocrites as them as citizens)

* Tell them about the resuscitation of the mambila project, the Ajaokuta steel project, etc, they say it is a lie

* Show them videos and pictures of ongoing development nationwide, they say its photo and video shop (??)

* When Buhari agreed to pay 88billion compensation to Biafrans victims, granted autonomy to state judiciary, supports local government autonomy, recognised MKO and June 12 they say it is politics. (And like the daughter of our hero of democracy said, if Buhari does not play politics, should he play chemistry?)

* They say Nigeria don't want Buhari, and he will lose the election landslide, and they are writing abosi-hypocrirical letters that he should not contest (Do they want to save him from disgrace ni, abi what's there own? (Awon oni yeye : jesters all of them)

* To them the National Assembly members used to be all (APC) rogues, but now without doing any good thing but because they now oppose PMB they have become their heroes; from the clown Dino, to the Michael Jackson of Osun, the stupendously corrupt and wealthy Saraki, Mark, Dogara etc ( Its a case of show me your friend/hero/and I know what kind of person you are)

* Buhari has refused like previous governments to bribe legislators to do their duties, and since their dirty strategies is no longer working they have become a stumbling block to progress...the wailers will say if it was OBJ he would have dealt with them. (But if he had use any other means they will say he is undemocratic; two sided mouth people)

* If you call a thief by its name, they will say how can you be insulting an honourable, a distinguished senator, a former president who has fought poverty through farming etc, but
hear them when they refer to Mr president, 'the man is a m***n, he is brain dead, he is d*ft' etc.

But this man has proven to be better than them all, he has refused to respond to the tantrums of their bosses, the OBJs, IBB, etc Like a true soldier he marches on with the good works, and God has been his defense.

* When you show some of them the unparalleled efforts of this government in development compared to all the past governments, then you will hear....well he has tried but I still don't like him, he is too old, he is slow, he is unintelligent, he is not outspoken etc... (#%@€¥ Perfect human beings all of them mtchew)

This is the point where you will be able to confirm that these are people whose concern is not Nigeria's development.
Whose problem with Buhari is not performance but personal hatred etc.

This is why nothing tangible will be achieved if you engage them in any developmental discussion, when their concern is wotowoto-pettiness.

Avoid arguments over Buhari's use of language, age etc, keep sending them the good news, project reports and achievements of government, and gradually you help bring them back to reality:

In conclusion let us quote their most used cliche:

" We have never had it so bad"

Yes by Gods grace this government will continue to be a thorn in the flesh of those who for their selfish interest do not want things to change in Nigeria

For the rest of good Nigerians, Buhari's time is our time, let us be steadfast in support of our national.
It will forever be good for us all.

It will end in praise.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

We Rise!

RichDad1:
Alaye go and sit down.
No mind the criminal, supported and being hailed by small small thieves and fraudsters that he has milked their lives and the lives of their unborn kids dry with his luxurious lifestyle.
Judolisco:
Dino and FFK suppose dey yaba left iswr.... Na anywhere food been dey we dey see dem
You know dem too wells.... cheesy

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by caporia: 5:25am On Mar 20, 2021
Booked
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by ShaqFu: 5:27am On Mar 20, 2021
Like you regretted supporting GEJ in 2011 abi?

Nonsense. All people like this man do is make noise on social media. Let's even ask what project (s) did he do in his senatorial district while he was still a senator?

All this man knows how to do is use money meant for his senatorial district to buy Ferrari. People like this man shouldn't even be listened to.

You won't be surprise he's even far worse than Buhari if he's voted as president.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by 360great(m): 5:28am On Mar 20, 2021
Believe these politicians at your own peril shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by SmartPolician: 5:28am On Mar 20, 2021
Kudikonsult:
We need prayers in Nigeria

Can you people stop being daft in this country for once?

If what Nigeria needs is prayers, Nigeria would have been heaven on Earth.

Which country of the world prays more than 200m Nigerians?

Perhaps you lots want God to come down from heaven and clean up your mess after you single-handedly ruined your own country.

Keep praying and waiting for God, you hear?

12 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by pointstores(m): 5:28am On Mar 20, 2021
It is well
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by ominid1: 5:29am On Mar 20, 2021
Your posters then read 'A great Light Using Buhari's pictures that were bigger than your own' your people voted for APC not you because Smart was a lesser evil. Stop this your politricking , I dont think it will help your political future.
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by punisha: 5:30am On Mar 20, 2021
apologize proper to Nigerians for shoving him down their throats if u r serious.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by MEGA4BILLION(m): 5:31am On Mar 20, 2021
And we don't regret the woes you have earned from that single support.

So shift
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by chibuike65: 5:32am On Mar 20, 2021
Too late for you sir
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by Drsnives(m): 5:33am On Mar 20, 2021
Nawaooooo
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by RichDad1(m): 5:35am On Mar 20, 2021
Alaye go and sit down.
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by McLizbae: 5:36am On Mar 20, 2021
Comedian...
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by chuose2: 5:37am On Mar 20, 2021
Next time Southerner dey campaign against northerner, make Una use tribe against the Southerner.
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by Judolisco(m): 5:39am On Mar 20, 2021
Dino and FFK suppose dey yaba left iswr.... Na anywhere food been dey we dey see dem
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by Ubykcee(m): 5:39am On Mar 20, 2021
You should fast and ask God to forgive you
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by 4tomandchi: 5:41am On Mar 20, 2021
Oga this is just the beginning of your travails once you have been scammed sometimes it takes very long time to recover.

Now that you just realized it let's see how long it will take you to recover...

Do you want me to sympathize with you? Noooooo...

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by Prince081: 5:48am On Mar 20, 2021
Just another wailer
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by Cooldiipo(m): 5:51am On Mar 20, 2021
grin
Re: Dino Melaye: I Seriously Regret Supporting Buhari In 2015 by pickatyouu: 5:55am On Mar 20, 2021
Almost every one feels self, except his zombies and patrons.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan May Skip Party’s Primaries In 2015 Race / Anambra PDP Will Cooperate With APGA — Obi / Appeal Court Sacks Akwa Ibom Assembly Speaker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.