Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,552 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University (6260 Views)

I Missed A Whole Semester Exam Please What Can I Do? / 2 Students Write Exams In Wedding Gowns In Benue State University (Photos) / Bride Writing Her Exams In Benue State University On Her Wedding Day (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Attah00002(m): 6:09am On Mar 20, 2021
Hi everyone,a friend of mine left the university due to financial challenge and he said he is going to miss the whole semester since he did not attend lectures, attendance,test and exams
Please he want to know what will happen,Is he going to be withdrawal from the University or he will carryover a semester?

Please help
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by LawLab247: 6:15am On Mar 20, 2021
Dunno, but I'm sure you not gonna die.

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Attah00002(m): 6:20am On Mar 20, 2021
LawLab247:
Dunno, but I'm sure you not gonna die.

Sure,but can he still continue from second semester and will carryover the first semester or withdrawal from the University?
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Attah00002(m): 6:20am On Mar 20, 2021
Somebody should help please �
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by falcon01: 6:21am On Mar 20, 2021
did you register the courses? if No then nothing to worry about but if yes you are on a long thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Attah00002(m): 6:24am On Mar 20, 2021
falcon01:
did you register the courses? if No then nothing to worry about but if yes you are on a long thing.

Yes he did register all the courses..what long thing please?
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by spinna: 6:29am On Mar 20, 2021
The University will present him with a cake

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by christian97(m): 8:16am On Mar 20, 2021
Attah00002:
Hi everyone,a friend of mine left the university due to financial challenge and he said he is going to miss the whole semester since he did not attend lectures, attendance,test and exams
Please he want to know what will happen,Is he going to be withdrawal from the University or he will carryover a semester?

Please help
let him suspend his studies.
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by iamyemiakins(m): 8:17am On Mar 20, 2021
He needs to defer the semester officially by meeting with the HOD of his department for record purpose. So that during final year clearance there won't be issues, you know how our tertiary institutions can come up with some unnecessary things to frustrate someone during final year clearance.

2 Likes

Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Uyi168: 8:36am On Mar 20, 2021
Attah00002:

Please help
Did he inform the school about his decisions??
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 20, 2021
okay... The person will have an extra year for the missed semester.... and if he already registered the course let the person meet the HOD so that they can delete those register course from his portal and turn those courses to outstanding.... This way the lost semester courses will not be tagged as carryover
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Attah00002(m): 9:03am On Mar 20, 2021
iamyemiakins:
He needs to defer the semester officially by meeting with the HOD of his department for record purpose. So that during final year clearance there won't be issues, you know how our tertiary institutions can come up with some unnecessary things to frustrate someone during final year clearance.

Thanks for your contribution sir...I will show this
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Attah00002(m): 9:07am On Mar 20, 2021
Doradorwa:
okay... The person will have an extra year for the missed semester.... and if he already registered the course let the person meet the HOD so that they can delete those register course from his portal and turn those courses to outstanding.... This way the lost semester courses will not be tagged as carryover

Thanks,we will try it and I pray it work
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Nobody: 9:09am On Mar 20, 2021
Attah00002:

Thanks,we will try it and I pray it work
I pray it work cos I'm also in the same boat with your friend.... but the extra year is inevitable...
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Attah00002(m): 9:09am On Mar 20, 2021
Uyi168:
Did he inform the school about his decisions??

NO
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Attah00002(m): 9:13am On Mar 20, 2021
Doradorwa:
I pray it work cos I'm also in the same boat with your friend.... but the extra year is inevitable...

I believe he won't mind for the extra..
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Attah00002(m): 9:15am On Mar 20, 2021
Doradorwa:

He will be going to the school on Monday to try it.. precisely atbu
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 20, 2021
Attah00002:

He will be going to the school on Monday to try it.. precisely atbu
it will work and he can also try to visit the department president for more advise.... Good luck to your friend
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Attah00002(m): 9:25am On Mar 20, 2021
Doradorwa:
it will work and he can also try to visit the department president for more advise.... Good luck to your friend

Amen thank you and you too.
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Uyi168: 9:43am On Mar 20, 2021
Attah00002:

NO
If they take him back, he will most likely repeat the level..
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by aderoju3921: 10:44am On Mar 20, 2021
The University will present him with a cake
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Epositive(m): 12:30pm On Mar 20, 2021
School stress no be here sha. That was how a course mate has been inconsistent for 2 sessions after his dad died. GP don drop like Naira.
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by merieam16(f): 2:17pm On Mar 20, 2021
Epositive:
School stress no be here sha. That was how a course mate has been inconsistent for 2 sessions after his dad died. GP don drop like Naira.
...to dollar lolz
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Vyzz: 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2021
cool
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by sinkhole: 4:50pm On Mar 20, 2021
Attah00002:

Please help
Well, if he registered for the session(most naija uni have sessional registration) and failed to show for the first semester without explanation then, logically, he failed all the courses but he will be good for the second semester of that session, meaning that he has a semester to carry over (in some naija uni, you can register for just one semester and graduate at the end of first semester).
If he missed the whole session without any explanation, he may be considered to have self withdraw!

1 Like

Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by GrandFinale2021(m): 8:04pm On Mar 20, 2021
Doradorwa:
you no been dey read or seriously with your academics
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 20, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
you no been dey read or seriously with your academics
I missed a full semester exams because I was robbed of my school fees and the school would not allow me to write exams without paying the remaining half of my school fees...
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by GrandFinale2021(m): 9:27pm On Mar 20, 2021
Doradorwa:
I missed a full semester exams because I was robbed of my school fees and the school would not allow me to write exams without paying the remaining half of my school fees...
sorry dear but why you no been put am for bank? you been dey carry that kind plenty money dey waka?
besides after you were robbed you'd have ran around and ask for money from. friends, relatives and even nairalanders here before exams commenced
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 20, 2021
GrandFinale2021:
sorry dear but why you no been put am for bank? you been dey carry that kind plenty money dey waka?
besides after you were robbed you'd have ran around and ask for money from. friends, relatives and even nairalanders here before exams commenced
My mom sent the money to me late in the night and I happened to be inside the school for night class... so I decided to use the atm inside the school around 4:30am to beat the rush against other students.... some 3 guys came to use the atm but when they saw the atm dispensing it's 10,000 limit to me for like 7 times they decided to leave their own money and collected mine... I was threatened with a knife... They collected 75 thousand naira from me and my Tecno boom... I missed the 2nd semester exams and graciously slide into depression... I even contemplate sucide... The money was my mom contribution for 5 months... I never even thought of nairaland during those period... I just wanted to die....
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Victor452: 7:14am On Jul 19, 2023
So sorry
Re: What Will Happen If I Miss A Whole Semester Exams In The University by Ibexconsultants(m): 8:52am On Jul 19, 2023
The Ibex Consultant team of highly knowledgeable and experienced professionals provides personalized guidance and support to students aspiring to Study abroad. From selecting the ideal university and course to handling the intricacies of the visa application process, Ibex ensures a smooth and hassle-free journey for every student.

For more detail, contact us at :
Admissions@theibex.in
theibexconsultants.com
+91 98176-98171
SCO 350, Mugal Canal, Karnal

(1) (Reply)

CHRISLAND RAPE: See Who Is To Be Blamed / Again, Student Loan Misses January Deadline / Receive Free Addex Airdrop And Withdraw To Your Phantom Wallet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.