Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,454 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

"If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" (1555 Views)

He Is Your Son, But I Am Not Going For Any DNA Test. Wife Tells Husband(video) / Parents Buy Daughter A Car For Her Graduation As A Doctor In South Africa (Photo / What A Father Told His Daughter A-day Before Her Wedding - Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by AandGee: 9:58am On Mar 20, 2021
Speaking on how parents can help their children's marriage work on his Instagram page on March 14, 2021, Pete Edochie discouraged fathers from gifting their daughter's car gifts in their names.

He said, "if you buy a car for your daughter, register the car in the name of your son-in-law." According to him, it will help her marriage wax stronger.

Is this sense or nonsense?

Watch the video below for other shocking statement Pete Edochie has made about marriage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ixJHR9OiE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by usecondom(m): 10:01am On Mar 20, 2021
Because my daughter don't have name abi?

8 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by iHart(m): 10:10am On Mar 20, 2021
I know a woman that bought a car for her daughter as a wedding gift and after using different body language to tell the son-in-law that he is poor, she told him outrightly; this car is not for you oh. It's for my daughter not to be trekking. This is how parents will unintentionally destroy the marriage of their daughters. Well, the lady is lucky to have a cool headed man like that because many men will not take that spite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Richy4(m): 10:17am On Mar 20, 2021
If they decide not to stay together due to irreconcilable differences, How will she retrieve her car without both of them blowing their fuse?

5 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by ikllbrokehoes(m): 10:18am On Mar 20, 2021
The Igwe has spoken
Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Pavore9: 10:23am On Mar 20, 2021
I guess if you are also gifting your daughter a house, one should make sure that her husband's (son-in-law) name is on the house documents, so it will pamper his ego! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Victoria938(f): 10:25am On Mar 20, 2021
This is poverty speaking through African men.
If you are comfortable as a man, the least of the things you should be worried about is what name your in law registered their daughters car with

5 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Pavore9: 10:27am On Mar 20, 2021
Richy4:
If they decide not to stay together due to irreconcilable differences, How will she retrieve her car without both of them blowing their fuse?

She and her family need to observe when he is in a good mood and go humbly beg him to consider releasing the car! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Nobody: 10:30am On Mar 20, 2021
Very silly advice angry

3 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by cococandy(f): 10:32am On Mar 20, 2021
Smh. I take back everything nice I ever said about this man. When you think being grown means someone has sense and they end up disappointing you terribly.

First the condom talks, now this?

Aturu.

9 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 20, 2021

it depends on you as for me a joint
partnership
will let them learn to argue and resolve
things easily ⚫
Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Oluwasaeon(m): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2021
cococandy:
Smh. I take back everything nice I ever said about this man. When you think being grown means someone has sense and they end up disappointing you terribly.

First the condom talks, now this?

Aturu.
grin
Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by jimyjames(m): 10:46am On Mar 20, 2021
people should understand Pete is still an ancestor worshiper he believes a lot in igbo culture
Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:56am On Mar 20, 2021
I used to love Pete Edochie.

But so many things he said in this video are just downright nauseating and shameful.

He doesn't realise that he's indirectly portrayed a man as a person who has a terribly fragile ego that needs to be helped.

8 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Acidosis(m): 11:21am On Mar 20, 2021

if you buy a car for your daughter, register the car in the name of your son-in-law." According to him, it will help her marriage wax stronger

He's right.

1 Like

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by kodix(m): 11:31am On Mar 20, 2021
If you share your property to your sons make the documents with your daughter in-laws name to make their marriage stronger.

9 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by mariahAngel(f): 11:36am On Mar 20, 2021
How about not buying the car in the first place, instead of buying it for your daughter in the name of your son in-law?
Does that even make any sense?
What are you trying to prove? Why not just buy the car for your son in-law if you must?
Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Biglittlelois(f): 11:43am On Mar 20, 2021
Acidosis:

He's right.

He's wrong

How will a husband collect a car from his in laws in his name and proudly use it? Or you think he won't use it since it's in his name? Some men are shameless like that

And how will it make the marriage stronger?

1 Like

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Liposure: 11:44am On Mar 20, 2021
A wise father in law would register the car in the couple's name
Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Biglittlelois(f): 11:47am On Mar 20, 2021
PrimadonnaO:
I used to love Pete Edochie.

But so many things he said in this video are just downright nauseating and shameful.

He doesn't realise that he's indirectly portrayed a man as a person who has a terribly fragile ego that needs to be helped.

It's very obvious most of his acts in movies are a reflection of his personality in reality, terrible.

6 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Biglittlelois(f): 11:52am On Mar 20, 2021
iHart:
I know a woman that bought a car for her daughter as a wedding gift and after using different body language to tell the son-in-law that he is poor, she told him outrightly; this car is not for you oh. It's for my daughter not to be trekking. This is how parents will unintentionally destroy the marriage of their daughters. Well, the lady is lucky to have a cool headed man like that because many men will not take that spite.

How is it spite? You expect the woman to gift the car to the husband?

That is why it is good to marry your class to avoid issues, it's obvious the man doesnt have a car that's why the woman said so, and because of the affluence of the wife's family, the mum had to buy her daughter a car, so that she can at least have a semblance of the kind of life she grew up in/used to.

3 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by adanny01(m): 1:03pm On Mar 20, 2021
When both my parents were working and my father had a car, my mum wanted her own car and gave me money to buy a car for her. I registered it in my name but later my father was transferred across the state and needed a smaller economical car for the long journey, they swapped cars.

He bought her a replacement car when he retired and collected his gratuity, i registered the car in my father's name and my mother gave a serious fuss about it.

She retired and also replaced his car with her gratuity.

The point is that the name on the documentation is nothing if a couple understand themselves.

They built their house together so it will never matter whose name is on paper

1 Like

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:11pm On Mar 20, 2021
Biglittlelois:

It's very obvious most of his acts in movies are a reflection of his personality in reality, terrible.

Chairperson of toxic patriarchy!

4 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by daania50080: 1:51pm On Mar 20, 2021
Its a man's world indeed
Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Richy4(m): 1:54pm On Mar 20, 2021
Pavore9:

She and her family need to observe when he is in a good mood and go humbly beg him to consider releasing the car! grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by McSquishi(f): 2:07pm On Mar 20, 2021
Nonsense. Better advice is not to hand your daughter off to a man who instead of being grateful that he has been relieved of a large expense, or being happy that his wife has a car he couldn’t provide, would be insulted or feel his pride and ego bruised.

I’m so tired of at once being told how superior men are to women yet at every turn we must also treat them as babies or worse some sort of temperamental unstable creature that must be carefully managed or else we will suffer their wrath. No one would ever think a woman, even the breadwinner, should be coddled in this way.

A good husband should celebrate his in-laws and thank them for the gift. End.

3 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by LordKO(m): 2:40pm On Mar 20, 2021
His posit might appear senseless or oppressive, especially to anyone who's naive or cynical and or conceited, but it isn't entirely so, although there are other equally good ways to go about it. Of course, only a foolish man cursed with the vices of opportunism and or oppression will betray such confidence placed on him by his in-laws, because in doing so or even without doing so, the in-laws expect nothing less than treating their daughter queenly, provided that she remains a conscientious wife.

If you oppose his posit but will gladly accept an equally or proportionally gift from your husband in your name, then you're a hypocrite. Love - love base marriage - is all about altruism in particular and conscientiousness in general.
Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Sijo01(f): 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2021
This man has been misyearning for some time now!

With the way he's going, he'll soon lose the respect he has earned over the years.

1 Like

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 2:58pm On Mar 20, 2021
Acidosis:

He's right.

Don't tell me you agree with all that BS grandpa said!

2 Likes

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Acidosis(m): 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2021
Biglittlelois:

He's wrong

How will a husband collect a car from his in laws in his name and proudly use it? Or you think he won't use it since it's in his name? Some men are shameless like that

And how will it make the marriage stronger?

You haven't seen where new couples receive car gifts on their wedding day?

Trying to even register a new car for a family is trash. Give the car to the family and allow the two of them decide on how to go about the car registration.

1 Like

Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by Acidosis(m): 3:10pm On Mar 20, 2021
UyaiIncomparabl:

Don't tell me you agree with all that BS grandpa said!

I didn't listen to the video but I won't interfere in my daughter's home by buying her properties in her name to prove any point. Whatever gift she's getting goes directly to her new family. What they choose to do with it is not my business.

Why I agree with him is that when you have a good in-law, it wouldn't matter whose name appears on the papers. Edochie's narrative describes a "struggling" family with little or no income. In this scenario, you better leave them alone to fix their lives or assist the family without segregation
Re: "If You Buy Your Daughter A Car, Register It In Your Son-In-law Name" by bukatyne(f): 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
How does his advice on marriage (however controversial) negate his part of saying 'his daughter is his greatest legacy' in Lion Heart?

Updated:

I finished watched the video and I wonder what the hullabaloo is all about. Like the baba cares sef.

A 74 year old man married for 52 years is riling people up. undecided

Was the world same 52 or even 30 years back?

What is the fuse in even buying the car in the son's name?

Don't women today (rightly or wrongly) still buy gifts and all sorts in the name of their husbands?

Don't husbands buy cars in their wives' names?

The parents can even gift the couple the car without registration and they do as they like.

LordKO:
His posit might appear senseless or oppressive, especially to anyone who's naive or cynical and or conceited, but it isn't entirely so, although there are other equally good ways to go about it. Of course, only a foolish man cursed with the vices of opportunism and or oppression will betray such confidence placed on him by his in-laws, because in doing so or even without doing so, the in-laws expect nothing less than treating their daughter queenly, provided that she remains a conscientious wife.

If you oppose his posit but will gladly accept an equally or proportionally gift from your husband in your name, then you're a hypocrite. Love - love base marriage - is all about altruism in particular and conscientiousness in general.

Most of the position is from preparation of 'what if the marriage ends tomorrow'?

'What if the man 'changes'?

@bold: That is ok, women are all angels cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Think My Family Is My Problem / Rate this native homemade meal / How To Deal With A Cheating Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.