Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,229 members, 7,860,456 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:13 AM

Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq (2325 Views)

Military Invades & Burns Ehime Mbano, Imo Over The Killing Of Officers / Imo Police Repel Attack On Isiala Mbano Police Station / Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Kill 6 Policemen, 1 Soldier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by kettykin: 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

You're right that the army will come looking for reprisal. They have come several times to kill those who were chanting songs on the streets, and those playing football on the pitch. So the coming of soldiers, and making life miserable for the people of the South East is not new, and it's on-going as we speak. So whether the Army will come is a foregone conclusion.

But what I don't know is whether it is better for the Army to come and shoot unarmed protesters or armed unknown gunmen/armed protester.
The same army that has failed woefully against boko haram or another army

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Collyweed: 12:30pm On Mar 21, 2021
Igbochief001:

What can be worse than what Igbos have faced in the last 100 years in Nigeria

What more can Nigeria do to Igbos ...kill us in thousands ? Millions ? Block food , block appointments ? Lmao they have done all that

If u think killing more Igbos won't have consequences then think again

With the way your ESN cultists are shaping up, outsiders fighting us will be the least of our problems.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by kettykin: 12:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

Yeah quite logical, but armed protesters are only giving the army a legitimate excuse to kill both armed and even unarmed and forget about international out cry or sympathy, you may not believe it but someone is going to answer for the crimes at lekki tollgate and discussions have already started in the american Congress, attacking the nigerian army with mere AK47s is simply stupid and suicidal and tbh there's nothing brave about that. Confrontation is exactly what the army wants so it would be an excuse to bomb out and make the south east another north east= instability= more economic migrants coming into the south west.

If army is that effective, how come fulani herdsmen have not been routed and boko haram is on full offensive.
Besides the military can only mount road blocks on strategic roads, increase the traffic situation on those roads and make life generally unbearable for innocent easterners which might lead to more advanced strikes by the terrorist groups doing this in the east who might step up their game with ambushes and lightning strikes. Leaving the army more vulnerable, terrified and wearied. If the army now chicken out at that stage , then the terrorists have won and will easily declare the biafra republic and territory

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Nobody: 12:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
Collyweed:

With the way your ESN cultists are shaping up, outsiders fighting us will be the least of our problems.
ESN is as a result of something ...if fulanis didn't kill people in their farm land there won't be ESN

Right now east is the safest region in nigeria I don't know what your issue with ESN is

Show one person who reported that ESN harmed them ?

U would never condemn fulanis but once it's igbo your hair go stand

3 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by NIGHTMARE0O7: 1:14pm On Mar 21, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

You don't need to be in the East to know what is happening there. If you followed End Sars protest as you claimed, you would have heard about all the killings happening in the East, especially the Ezu River case. The governors don't control the security arm, and you are truly naïve to think anything is going to come out from then End Sars case being pursued by celebrities in Nigeria.

Like I said, the Army don't need excuse to shoot and kill unarmed civilians in Nigeria, especially in the South East. They will shoot you for protesting in the street, or for carrying a flag. Personally I think it is more foolish to protest peacefully in South East, compare to protesting while armed. It appears some people have also come to this realization. I don't support or promote violence, but it would be wrong if I feign ignorance of the provocation being faced daily by people of the south east from Nigeria Armed forces, especially the army. Yet, this is not the case of fighting a war with Nigeria Army. It's simply a case where some people are frustrated and taking matter in their hands. It's up to the security apparatus to find solution to it. It would be foolish on the part of Nigeria Army to think it as war. Who would they be fighting? Unarmed civilians as usual?

I'm not a member of IPOB/ESN, and cannot claim to understand how they work. As for the political class or elite, what they decide to do it up to them. But to listen to them is an entirely different thing, as they are only interested in the political career and their pockets. Igbo world view is quite different from yours (assuming you are yoruba).

Yet as you rightly said, it's only time that will determine how this will play out. But what is certain is, in the end, we all die. I think some of the people have realized that it is better to die standing than on their knees. Isn't that a befitting end?

Dude u are highly intelligent and objective.
U are indeed odumegwu ojukwu.

3 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by OdumegwuOjukwu: 1:44pm On Mar 21, 2021
kettykin:

The same army that has failed woefully against boko haram or another army

Well, the assumption is that SE insurgent won't last because of logistics challenge. For example restocking weapons would not be as easy as it is for say Boko Haram who have unlimited access to porous land borders, a luxury that is absent in the SE Zone. Shipping weapons through the sea is very risky as several foreign intelligence agency can easily give the intel to the Nigerian securities force for sundry reasons. The land route into SE will also be very much monitored with countless checkpoints, the further away the source of supply, the easier to intercept. So unless, the 'unknown gunmen' are able to restock (without attacking) security formations/outposts, which will become increasingly difficult with time, I'm inclined to believe their assessment that the insurgency cannot be sustained.

A solution would be local production of weapons, mobile production unit would be better, but how feasible is that? And what kind of weapon can they produce? Bottom line, this unknown gunmen phenomenon is bound to fizzle out soon, the only problem is if the security force can sustain the casualties before they run out of steam supplies.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by kettykin: 1:49pm On Mar 21, 2021
OdumegwuOjukwu:

Well, the assumption is that SE insurgent won't last because of logistics challenge. For example restocking weapons would not be as easy as it is for say Boko Haram who have unlimited access to porous land borders, a luxury that is absent in the SE Zone. Shipping weapons through the sea border is very risky as several foreign intelligence agency can easily give the intel to the Nigerian securities force for sundry reasons. The land route into SE will also be very much monitored, the further away the source of supply, the easier to intercept. So unless, the 'unknown gunmen' are able to restock (without attacking) security formations/outposts, which will become increasingly difficult with time, I'm inclined to believe their assessment that the insurgency cannot be sustained.

A solution would be local production of weapons, mobile production unit would be better, but how feasible is that? Bottom line, this unknown gunmen phenomenon is bound to fizzle out soon, the only problem is if the security force can sustain the casualties before they run out of steam supplies.
You are quite right about your fears.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by malele(m): 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
alfasexy:

How many countries in the world are fighting different sections of its populations? What army does that?

Only Nigerian army
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by OdumegwuOjukwu: 1:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
kettykin:

You are quite right about your fears.

But it's still conjectures though. Don't be surprised if the ill-disciplined Nigeria Army ends up becoming the number one supplier of weapons to the 'unknown gunmen'. At least we know how they generously donated APC to Boko Haram, through Bura the Snake Charmer, son of Tyia. So let's not get too much ahead of ourselves trusting the NA to act rationally, as that seems not to be part of their training.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Collyweed: 1:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
Igbochief001:

ESN is as a result of something ...if fulanis didn't kill people in their farm land there won't be ESN

Right now east is the safest region in nigeria I don't know what your issue with ESN is

So because your house is mosquito infested you will spray your home with a dangerous nerve agent?

What happens when and if they finish with the Fulani “herdsmen”? I guess they would gently give back the guns and return to their normal jobs or joblessness as the case may be?

1 Like

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by OdumegwuOjukwu: 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2021
Collyweed:

So because your house is mosquito infested you will spray your home with a dangerous nerve agent?

What happens when and if they finish with the Fulani “herdsmen”? I guess they would gently give back the guns and return to their normal jobs or joblessness as the case may be?

We are not dealing with mosquitoes here. These are not pests, but wild animals; dangerous ones. Killer Herdsmen have to be stopped. We should not underestimate them.

When we are done with the killer herdsmen, there are various models for disarming. We could point back to history and asked what happened to the Biafran Army weapons after the civil war? What about weapons of Niger Delta militants? I suppose their are pointer in Nigeria history where armed groups were successfully disarmed. But off course the first thing is to get rid of the herdsmen from our forest, farms, and roads. They present greater and longer lasting danger if allowed to take root like they have done in Middle Belt and South West. Preventing killer herdsmen from gaining foot hold, and claiming indigene is a task that must be done. It's classic to fight fire with fire.
Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by ceejee(m): 2:13pm On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

Honestly speaking I've never been to the south east so I don't know if the killings you speak of in 2015 or the ezu river is actually true......but if this things are really happening and you guys have governors and your celebrities with large audiences and reasonable influence in lagos couldn't speak up then it's quite telling and I see why most see Nnamdi kanu as a leader.......still the point am also trying to make is that if they were killing while you guys were peaceful what do you think they'd do when a few of you pick up arms and start attacking the army.....it would simply be more excuse for them to double down and turn the region into a war zone and as we speak right now war is a very profitable venture in Nigeria especially for northern politicians. Am not against
self defense or war but why fight a war you guys are obviously not prepared for and end up losing with needless deaths, do you guys have considerable support of the Igbo ruling class, do you have nukes, do you have crude oil you can hold....you guys are being played and only time would tell how it's going to end.
don't worry about the east. military oppression is not new in the east. the only difference now is when army will come, they will meet armed group ready to die with them. they will meet a volunteer heart that have already done their funeral while alive.
the army killed innocent pple because they had biafran flag now they will meet a prepared group.only Boko Haram is giving them headache, now they will meet ebola virus

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by castrogee(m): 2:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Igbochief001:

You shouldn't be naive... The mumu you quoted is using reverse psychology on you. What they want to achieve is to keep our morale down, so that we won't fight back and we keep taking whatever nonsense Nigeria throws at us.

Unfortunately, what these simps fail to understand is that there's time for everything, as there's time to be down, so also there is time to be up. The time for Ndigbo to be up has COME and beleive me, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

When the military first went to Orlu to decimate ESN, they met stiff resistance to the extent that they had to call for air support, but despite the air support, they still couldn't kill even one ESN member.

Now, let me ask you: my brother, do you honestly think that Nigeria is happy that a security outfit in the east could not be destroyed by Nigerian Army? If your answer is yes, then you're ignorant.

It is the failure of the Nigerian military to destroy ESN, coupled with the rising citizens aggression from the east, that has made these opinion writers to go into garbage reporting, but unfortunately for them the time has come for Ndigbo to be set free from Nigeria.

I can assure you that what you're seeing from the Unknown gunmen now is child's play compared to what will be unveiled later this year. All these killings of police officer from UGM is just dress rehearsal. Soon govt institutions will be attacked and bombed with drones.

You can book mark this reply and refer to it when these start to happen.

2 Likes

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by PaChukwudi44(m): 2:38pm On Mar 21, 2021
TheNeededShock:

Honestly speaking I've never been to the south east so I don't know if the killings you speak of in 2015 or the ezu river is actually true......but if this things are really happening and you guys have governors and your celebrities with large audiences and reasonable influence in lagos couldn't speak up then it's quite telling and I see why most see Nnamdi kanu as a leader.......still the point am also trying to make is that if they were killing while you guys were peaceful what do you think they'd do when a few of you pick up arms and start attacking the army.....it would simply be more excuse for them to double down and turn the region into a war zone and as we speak right now war is a very profitable venture in Nigeria especially for northern politicians. Am not against self defense or war but why fight a war you guys are obviously not prepared for and end up losing with needless deaths, do you guys have considerable support of the Igbo ruling class, do you have nukes, do you have crude oil you can hold....you guys are being played and only time would tell how it's going to end.
Have they massacres people of the NE for killings perpetrated by Boko Haram? Why should they now attack innocent SE citizens for killings perpetrated by these gunmen?

1 Like

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2021
Collyweed:

What happened to the biafran rebels ? Did u hear they went into crime ?

What about bakasi guys ? Did u here they degenerated into crimes ?

If we get biafra or restructure all man goes back to business

Until u people get that we Igbos are unique u won't understand

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Eastern Nigeria Guerrilla War: Gunmen Attack Isiala Mbano Police Divisional Hq by Maduawuchukwu(m): 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
[quote author=castrogee post=100076783]

You shouldn't be naive... The mumu you quoted is using reverse psychology on you. What they want to achieve is to keep our morale down, so that we won't fight back and we keep taking whatever nonsense Nigeria throws at us.

Unfortunately, what these simps fail to understand is that there's time for everything, as there's time to be down, so also there is time to be up. The time for Ndigbo to be up has COME and beleive me, there's nothing anyone can do to stop it.

When the military first went to Orlu to decimate ESN, they met stiff resistance to the extent that they had to call for air support, but despite the air support, they still couldn't kill even one ESN member.

Now, let me ask you: my brother, do you honestly think that Nigeria is happy that a security outfit in the east could not be destroyed by Nigerian Army? If your answer is yes, then you're ignorant.

It is the failure of the Nigerian military to destroy ESN, coupled with the rising citizens aggression from the east, that has made these opinion writers to go into garbage reporting, but unfortunately for them the time has come for Ndigbo to be set free from Nigeria.

I can assure you that what you're seeing from the Unknown gunmen now is child's play compared to what will be unveiled later this year. All these killings of police officer from UGM is just dress rehearsal. Soon govt institutions will be attacked and bombed with drones.

You can book mark this reply and refer to it when these start to
ESN will offer stiff resistance to NA? With which weapons? AK-47? You are still living in fantasy land

(1) (2) (Reply)

The New And The Sad Business Of De-marketing Nigeria. Pic. / The Next President Must Come From Southern Nigeria / Why Do Nigerian Tribes Hate Each Other But Refuse To Divide?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.