Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) (43430 Views)

Zimbabwean Man Commits Suicide On Facebook Live Over Girlfriend (Photos) / Farida Sobowale 'House Of Phreeda' Attempts To Commit Suicide On Third Mainland / 56-Year-Old Retired Marine Engineer Who Attempted Suicide 5 Times Rescued (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by ijustdey: 2:21pm On Mar 21, 2021
Attempted suicide on her birthday
The woman was rushed from her room to hospital after she drank some poisonous substances.

A woman in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, who tried to commit suicide on her birthday, said she would “return as a man” in her next life.

The woman, Dorothy Edet, was found unconscious in her apartment in Uyo on Sunday morning after taking some poisonous substances, apparently, according to multiple posts on Facebook from people familiar with the incident.

Rescuers, prompted by her suicide note which she posted on Facebook, broke her door, rushed her to the hospital where she was revived.

Her sister confirmed to PREMIUM TIMES, Sunday morning, that Ms Edet was “fine.”

Friends and sympathisers have taken to Facebook to mobilise support, including financial support, for the woman, who appeared to have been battling depression before the suicide attempt.

Ms Edet has been a volunteer on sexual assault, according to her Facebook page. “I am a leader that is empathetic, compassionate, understanding, selfless and open-minded,” she said of herself, on the social media site.

Her suicide note, written in the form of a poem, revealed the turbulent she has been going through.

“ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!” She wrote.

Sweet, sweet, suicide

Will you visit me tonight/

Tired of feeling suicidal when my aspirations are stifled

Fighting back tears while smiling from ear to ear

I know God won’t help

He’s good

I need to believe in myself

I would

But every time I try

Dark forces pull me behind

My unfulfilled dreams haunt me incessantly

They depend on me to thrive.

Its My BIRTHDAY Anyways.

But I have to Go.

Tired of All this headaches and Pains.

Smiling outside while bleeding inside.

Saying I’m Okay when I’m Not.

I will return as a Man

To fight for women and young girls

I will not spare any RAPIST

I’ll be a Judge with a difference.

I’ll speak for the voiceless.

And Bless the Poor.

My second coming will be AMAZING.

LET ME REST!!!

Ms Edet, in the suicide note, wrote on how she would love to fight for women’s rights, be hard on rapists, and be a voice for the voiceless.

It is unclear, for now, if she has been a victim of gender violence.

Her note, however, mirrors the challenges some young women in Nigeria go through and their feelings of helplessness.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/450293-ill-return-as-a-man-says-woman-who-attempted-suicide-on-her-birthday.html
Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by mysticwarrior(m): 2:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
its a pity you are a victim of rape, but you would have never been allowed to reincarnate if you had succeeded in taking your own life.

9 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Nobody: 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
One of the wickedness of men towards women, see where it would have led her,I pray she overcome all of these.Thank God she was saved

30 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by DSC7: 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
Return first make we see ....

Kolomentality.....

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by DSC7: 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2021
Wetin person no go see for dis life sef....

Wahala be like this....

8 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Elevation(m): 2:52pm On Mar 21, 2021
Zzor:
One of the wickedness of men towards women, see where it would have led her,I pray she overcome all of these.Thank God she was saved
sorry for the quote, just curious, is she alive?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2021
Elevation:
sorry for the quote, just curious, is she alive?
Yes she got help and was rushed to the hospital

4 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Karlovych: 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2021
grin grin Even if it were possible, she thinks returning as a man in her next life will be a joy ride, she must be hallucinating. Of course she has to blame men for her woes as if women are any better. The earlier she realizes the world doesn't revolve around her the better she will be.

40 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by ikllbrokehoes(m): 3:31pm On Mar 21, 2021
I'm glad she's okay

4 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Afamsi: 3:47pm On Mar 21, 2021
If re-incarnation is true nobody will make hell fire his/her eternal abode.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by VictorUSA(m): 3:57pm On Mar 21, 2021
See as she resemble toy.

8 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by 2shaw: 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2021
God abeg o,dis one resemble witch for face o. Nawa o,see open teeth of vampire. I wish na me get that kind open teeth,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by GIdiata(m): 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2021
The interesting thing is "had u gone, when u come back as a man, Thesame gender u wish to come and stand for will still accuse u of rape and u will be behind bars"

then your next note would read, "let me go and rest"cool

say no to RAPE/False Rape Accusation

40 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Charmingrascal(m): 6:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
If only she knows what men go through she will gladly embrace her gender.

U think say no be wahala make men lifespan dey shorter compared to woman's own.

34 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Pauladex(m): 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2021
Sucide not an option
Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Please NCDC should start Injecting covid-19 vaccine to Akwaibom people before things go hay wire.

I learnt this is one of the symptoms of covid-19, presumption of returning as opposite gender in next life

1 Like

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Ogbanje and evil spirit at work.

2 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Wonk(m): 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
I just wanna fu*k outta this world! I'm just frikkin' tired of everything!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Lala6ticlala: 7:32pm On Mar 21, 2021
Depression is real

2 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by dontro(m): 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
Dear fake feminists, your food is ready.

1 Like

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by blinking001(m): 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
Look at her ugly diastema...let her keep her mouth shut if she has nothing to say.
Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 21, 2021
Zzor:
Oh shut up.

16 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Akwamkpuruamu: 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
mysticwarrior:
its a pity you are a victim of rape, but you would have never been allowed to reincarnate if you had succeeded in taking your own life.

Did she state she's a victim of rape? Okachamara

5 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by illicit(m): 7:34pm On Mar 21, 2021
To become a man is not a day job sha....
Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Queenserah26(f): 7:35pm On Mar 21, 2021
Okay o lipsrsealed
Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
This one looks like a vampire cheesy but please suicide is never an option. Don't allow the devil to rejoice over you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Draslo(m): 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
Zzor:
O dabi wipe won ti lo pata e

If men are so terrible why would she hope to come back as a man? Abi you skipped that part?

17 Likes

Re: 'I Will Return As A Man' - Woman Who Attempted Suicide On Her Birthday (Photo) by Maj196(m): 7:36pm On Mar 21, 2021
Is that a diastema or a removed tooth?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Confronts Another Lady At A Gym Over Body Odour (Video) / How To Locally Cure Pimples In Nigeria. / South African Lady Living With HIV Says "I Won’t Allow HIV To Limit Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.