Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,267 members, 7,860,623 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 01:25 PM

Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation (12908 Views)

Timipre Sylva: FG Has No Control Over The Price Of Cooking Gas / Timipre Sylva: FG Not Financially Able To Pay Subsidy / Timipre Sylva: FG Can’t Bear Petrol Subsidy Any More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Nobody: 6:57am On Mar 22, 2021
This idiot needs to change his weed supplier.

1 Like

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by donbachi(m): 6:58am On Mar 22, 2021
Why waste such amount.when u can sell it as second hand.

4 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Akaegwu(m): 6:58am On Mar 22, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Does Buhari have any mental ability?
No

3 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Charlie2020(f): 6:59am On Mar 22, 2021
I remember my uncle spent 150K to repair his rickety 1980 benz 200(regular) about 12yrs ago but ended up selling it 80K

4 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Amumaigwe: 7:00am On Mar 22, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/fg-may-sell-port-harcourt-refinery-after-1-5bn-rehabilitation-sylva/

That's always the game plan. Rehabilitate with tax payers' money, then sell it at a fraction of the value to a politician. But waterloo is slowly looming over the zoo.

4 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Miosendyin: 7:03am On Mar 22, 2021
Tinubu go dey get 500m or 1b from it grin grin grin his useless followers no just fit get sense
Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Ghostmode2two(m): 7:04am On Mar 22, 2021
They even sell the sky for all the money in the world. Who cares?
Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 22, 2021
Sell it before the rehabilitation.

Keep the money.

2 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by arantess: 7:05am On Mar 22, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Lucky buyer. FG already repaired it with tax payers money. After one year, they will say the refinery is not producing well and then sell it for $100 million
For a government that lies too much, you believe everything they spew out

1 Like

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by lonlytroy(m): 7:07am On Mar 22, 2021
Use the money to fix electricity

1 Like

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by tuboi: 7:07am On Mar 22, 2021
marvin906:

Nobody will buy it in its present condition

Who told you?

4 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Nobody: 7:07am On Mar 22, 2021
Charlie2020:
I remember my uncle spent 150K to repair his rickety 1980 benz 200(regular) about 12yrs ago but ended up selling it 80K

Good. I have spent N150k fixing a car I purchased for N150k making it N300k.

Then sold for N100k.

That's the game federal government wants to play using whopping $1.5bn tax payers money..

They wanna loot ?

4 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Emotionss: 7:09am On Mar 22, 2021
By the time Apc is through with Nigerians we go know the difference between corruption and stealing.

3 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by BlueSparks: 7:09am On Mar 22, 2021
Preparing to sell to Dangote again. grin

Them Don finish una cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by AlphaLover: 7:16am On Mar 22, 2021
Just looks at this nonsense !!! Why not sell it now? No they want to use it to embezzle $1.5 billion then sell it ?

What is wrong with these people for goodness sake ?

2 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by AlphaLover: 7:17am On Mar 22, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:

Good. I have spent N150k fixing a car I purchased for N150k making it N300k.

I learnt driving with it. Then sold for N100k.

That's the game federal government wants to play using whopping $1.5bn tax payers money..

They wanna loot ?

What is wrong with these guys ?
Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Deepthoughts: 7:17am On Mar 22, 2021
marvin906:

who told you that?,let them put it on sale first n see.

1 Like

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by NaijaOlosho(f): 7:17am On Mar 22, 2021
Fools in Government angry
Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 7:19am On Mar 22, 2021
nairavsdollars:

https://www.independent.ng/fg-may-sell-port-harcourt-refinery-after-1-5bn-rehabilitation-sylva/

Rubbish Rubbish Rubbish!

Why do we always stubbornly chose buffoons, criminals, halfwits and psychos to runs things in this country?

Wouldn't it be better for FG to sell the refinery as it stands now for a nominal fee of N1 but with strong watertight guarantees written in that the refinery cannot be cannibalised or resold for Bleep number of years, with some sort of job guarantee written in? Why not? And the FG will save itself $1.5billion. Maybe because there is not money to be made by selfishly greedy officials and politicians with such an arrangement.

Africa is indeed a land that is immensely blessed but cursed with the most unfortunate race of a people.

1 Like

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Djyucee1(m): 7:19am On Mar 22, 2021
To be honest Nigerian citizens are peaceful. If it was an Arab nation, these foolish men won't try this. Why can't they sell it off and save 1.5b dollars.I wonder how these of leaders think at times.
Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Offpoint1: 7:19am On Mar 22, 2021
Nbotee:
There is something definitely wrong with these ediots and the Minister of Petroleum in particular.. U want to spend billions enough to build new refineries on an ancient refinery running at a loss only to resell it? Abi which kind economics dis ppl dey practice
You believe sey dem go spend that kind amount repair refinery? Those basterds wan loot half of the money.

Nobody in his right sense go use amount wey e fit use buy new thing, use repair am.... Na madness

2 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by idahme(m): 7:21am On Mar 22, 2021
What was the cost of the refinery during it's sale by the OBJ admininistration? In millions of dollars , you want to do same thing after spending tax payers billions of dollars, only in Nigeria.

"What we want to do is to ensure that the refinery is working first before we take that decision on what step to take next. That is why we are going to fix this refinery. Let this refinery work efficiently at 100 percent”.

Even a brand new refinery doesn't operate efficiently at 100percent, politicians I hail.
Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by shadeyinka(m): 7:22am On Mar 22, 2021
marvin906:

But you think someone would buy it with
Original Cost Price + $1.5Billion

The truth is at the end of the day less than $100million Naira will be the actual cost of repairs!

Clueless 419 Government

1 Like

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by SouthSouth1914: 7:24am On Mar 22, 2021
bolaayenimo:
Lucky buyer. FG already repaired it with tax payers money. After one year, they will say the refinery is not producing well and then sell it for $100 million

Sell it to themselves! Possibly dangote! The northerners especially Fulani are cashing out steadily..

1 Like

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by SmartMugu: 7:26am On Mar 22, 2021
IgweOfNnewi:
Does Buhari have any mental ability?
You better don't let him constitute a committee on your matter. Thats the only thing he does - committee upon committee until everyone forgets the issues at hand.
Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by juman(m): 7:29am On Mar 22, 2021
Dont believe them.
The government is not spending anything to repair the refinery.

The private refinery is coming on board soon, so the government trying to show they are also doing things on their refineries.
Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Brushstrokes20: 7:30am On Mar 22, 2021
Useless govt of mentally malfunctional THIEVES!

1 Like

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by juman(m): 7:31am On Mar 22, 2021
The government should sell all the refineries at this present stage to private companies.

1 Like

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by toolovely(m): 7:33am On Mar 22, 2021
Shameless people. They want to use government's money to fix it and then sell it to themselves at a far cheaper rate.
Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by ajimotoke(m): 7:35am On Mar 22, 2021
Can't we kukuma sell the country? grin just a suggestion tho
Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by bareal(m): 7:35am On Mar 22, 2021
Charlie2020:

Lol! Is your uncle Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Sylva: FG May Sell Port Harcourt Refinery After $1.5bn Rehabilitation by Laboni: 7:36am On Mar 22, 2021
Nonsense.. Why will I purchase an almost 30yrs old refinery with above a billion USD when I can build let’s say 50,000b/d capacity brand new refinery with a 100% production capacity? .... You invest 1.5 billion dollars and then turn around to sell it far below that amount because nobody will buy that old rickety thing for anything above a billion dollar? Is that not madness

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PDP Crisis: Wike, Atiku’s Men Disagree Over Iyorchia Ayu / Nigeria Secures $13bn Oil And Gas Investment Commitment From Shell, Exxonmobil / Port Harcourt Refinery Not ‘Fully’ Ready – Leadership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.