Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,860 members, 7,855,535 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:54 AM

ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns (1107 Views)

ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns / Buhari, Army Silent As US Exposes ISIS, Al-Qaeda Plans To Penetrate The South / ‘Al-Qaeda Is Penetrating North-West Nigeria’ — US Alerts Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by OBALOLA55(m): 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
There are plans by terrorist groups, Al-Qaeda and ISIS to penetrate Southern Nigeria, the United States has warned the Nigerian government.

The US says the dreaded groups are looking to make an inroad into Southern Nigeria, this is just as It confirmed that Al-Qaeda has started penetrating the north-western part of the country. In a media briefing, Dagvin Anderson, Commander of the US special operations command, Africa, said AlQaeda is also expanding to other parts of West Africa.

According to report obtained from TheCable by Sunday Tribune, Anderson said the US will continue to partner with Nigeria in sharing intelligence “We have engaged with Nigeria and continue to engage with them in intel sharing and in understanding what these violent extremists are doing,” he said.

“And that has been absolutely critical to their engagements up in the Borno state and into an emerging area of northwest Nigeria that we’re seeing al-Qaeda starting to make some inroads in.

“So, this intelligence sharing is absolutely vital and we stay fully engaged with the government of Nigeria to provide them with an understanding of what these terrorists are doing, what Boko Haram is doing, what ISIS-West Africa is doing, and how ISIS and al-Qaeda are looking to expand further south into the littoral areas.

Anderson regretted that despite successes recorded in previous years, there has been a setback, adding: “We as a community of international nations, keep thinking we have defeated them or we have put them on their back foot and that they’re just moments from disintegration.” Anderson said for international efforts to yield desired results in the fight against terrorism in Nigeria, the government must take the lead.

“When it comes to Nigeria in general, Nigeria, obviously, is a critical nation to West Africa. It is a critical nation and we realise that Nigeria is a lynchpin,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/isis-al-qaeda-planning-to-penetrate-southern-nigeria-us-warns/amp/?espv=1
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by OBALOLA55(m): 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
LALASTICLALA E DON RED
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by OBALOLA55(m): 12:08pm On Mar 22, 2021
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by MarveworldG: 12:12pm On Mar 22, 2021
Really?

Why is Nigeria so special?
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by korrej(m): 12:12pm On Mar 22, 2021
The governors in the south should take this seriously...I would have said the FG...but relying on the federal govt is worse than relying on 6 to appear when a die is rolled!

please, my nairalander family...I need a job in Lagos!
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Emperormartin(m): 12:20pm On Mar 22, 2021
Can ISSIS penetrate Europe and America? The answer is no.
ISSIS can only penetrate a community where there's enough Muslim population.
If they succeed in Southwest, they'll not in Southeast and south south.
And secondly, people from the south know. They don't need UN telling them

2 Likes

Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Fahdiga(m): 12:32pm On Mar 22, 2021
They have already penetrated nairaland but southerners are still seeing it as a joke. This monikers like THEBLOODOFJESUS aka SILVERNORGOLD and AdolphAboki have a mission here and I urge southerners and the mods to place them on a watch list. Their modus operandi is to keep on blackmailing and bullying the mods until the mods bends to their will. AdolphAboki once threatened Seun to make him a moderator or otherwise the federal government will take over nairaland. We shouldn't give them chance
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by longetivity(m): 12:33pm On Mar 22, 2021
Buhari sent them
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Resurrection212: 12:39pm On Mar 22, 2021
Ok.
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by OBALOLA55(m): 12:40pm On Mar 22, 2021
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by ivolt: 12:43pm On Mar 22, 2021
State police should long have been approved but our reps and senators are too timid to raise the issue.
They have amended the constitution countless times but seems to ignore it.

1 Like

Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Brendaniel: 9:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Fahdiga:
They have already penetrated nairaland but southerners are still seeing it as a joke. This monikers like THEBLOODOFJESUS aka SILVERNORGOLD and AdolphAboki have a mission here and I urge southerners and the mods to place them on a watch list. Their modus operandi is to keep on blackmailing and bullying the mods until the mods bends to their will. AdolphAboki once threatened Seun to make him a moderator or otherwise the federal government will take over nairaland. We shouldn't give them chance

Please add these 2 to your list: DARKVOICES and IPOBTERRORISTS , SILVERNORGOLD is still the owner, please it looks like we will form a special team that will be picking these accounts and getting rid of them, I was laughing when nairalanders were complaining of not accessing nairaland, if you don't know, I had my mind on the federal government, they were using something called ddos attack to overwhelm their(nairaland) servers which in turn will cause it very slow and some point inaccessible to users, they might even try to take over the site from the attack by further hacking it, that was how the U.S government did btc-e back in 2017, it was like play that their servers where going down frequently till U.S government took over, even the btc-e management didn't know where the attacks where coming, please report those accounts, thanks...
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Brendaniel: 9:39pm On Mar 22, 2021
Fahdiga:

These guys are not only on a mission to cause problems here, they are also spies reporting directly to the federal government what is going on here and other social media places, there are also spies for different state governments here, I know of Lagos, ensure you keep your identity completely hidden...
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 9:44pm On Mar 22, 2021
cheesy cheesy
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by DARKVOICES(m): 9:58pm On Mar 22, 2021
Brendaniel:

Please add these 2 to your list: DARKVOICES and IPOBTERRORISTS , SILVERNORGOLD is still the owner, please it looks like we will form a special team that will be picking these accounts and getting rid of them, I was laughing when nairalanders were complaining of not accessing nairaland, if you don't know, I had my mind on the federal government, they were using something called ddos attack to overwhelm their(nairaland) servers which in turn will cause it very slow and some point inaccessible to users, they might even try to take over the site from the attack by further hacking it, that was how the U.S government did btc-e back in 2017, it was like play that their servers where going down frequently till U.S government took over, even the btc-e management didn't know where the attacks where coming, please report those accounts, thanks...

Lol, you are a clown
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Brendaniel: 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2021
DARKVOICES:

Lol, you are a clown

You can't hide yourself, I'm serious...
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Fahdiga(m): 10:18pm On Mar 22, 2021
Brendaniel:

Thanks dear for your insight on this issue. you are one of the very few southerners who have woken up and smelt the coffee. many southerners are still ignorant of what is going on in Nigeria at the moment. some are even casting aspersions on my person thinking that I'm doing this because I hate the northerners. far from it. let me repeat it again, the modus operandi of this jihadists on nairaland here is to blackmail and threaten the mods to bend to their will and before you know it they take control of nairaland same way they control almost every thing in this country. I want to use this opportunity to to urge southerners in this forum to be vigilant as those people from Futa Jelon will not rest until they get what they want but we can stop them by collectively shouting them down anytime they attempt such and we should expect them to come with different tactics using different monikers to push their agenda but I assure them that they will fail woefully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Fahdiga(m): 10:19pm On Mar 22, 2021
DARKVOICES:

Lol, you are a clown
No you are the clown here. your mission is dead on arrival. I'm expecting you to use another moniker to counter and attack me but trust me I'm ever ready for y'all jihadist
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by Cybercop2002: 11:52pm On Mar 22, 2021
Northerer or southerner las las everybody go pyin
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by waldigit: 3:00am On Mar 23, 2021
OBALOLA55:
There are plans by terrorist groups, Al-Qaeda and ISIS to penetrate Southern Nigeria, the United States has warned the Nigerian government.

The US says the dreaded groups are looking to make an inroad into Southern Nigeria, this is just as It confirmed that Al-Qaeda has started penetrating the north-western part of the country. In a media briefing, Dagvin Anderson, Commander of the US special operations command, Africa, said AlQaeda is also expanding to other parts of West Africa.

According to report obtained from TheCable by Sunday Tribune, Anderson said the US will continue to partner with Nigeria in sharing intelligence “We have engaged with Nigeria and continue to engage with them in intel sharing and in understanding what these violent extremists are doing,” he said.

“And that has been absolutely critical to their engagements up in the Borno state and into an emerging area of northwest Nigeria that we’re seeing al-Qaeda starting to make some inroads in.

“So, this intelligence sharing is absolutely vital and we stay fully engaged with the government of Nigeria to provide them with an understanding of what these terrorists are doing, what Boko Haram is doing, what ISIS-West Africa is doing, and how ISIS and al-Qaeda are looking to expand further south into the littoral areas.

Anderson regretted that despite successes recorded in previous years, there has been a setback, adding: “We as a community of international nations, keep thinking we have defeated them or we have put them on their back foot and that they’re just moments from disintegration.” Anderson said for international efforts to yield desired results in the fight against terrorism in Nigeria, the government must take the lead.

“When it comes to Nigeria in general, Nigeria, obviously, is a critical nation to West Africa. It is a critical nation and we realise that Nigeria is a lynchpin,” he said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tribuneonlineng.com/isis-al-qaeda-planning-to-penetrate-southern-nigeria-us-warns/amp/?espv=1
May be because they have succeeded in getting some slaves collaborators: some Kings and politicians.
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by CodeTemplar: 4:20pm On Apr 25, 2021
And Buhari is cool with it to the point of deny happenings on ground. This man is a colossal failure and evil rolled in one.
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by CodeTemplar: 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2021
waldigit:

May be because they have succeeded in getting some slaves collaborators: some Kings and politicians.
Exactly, If not slavery I wonder why one group will give over 90% support to their oppressors.
Re: ISIS, Al-qaeda Planning To Penetrate Southern Nigeria, US Warns by FarahAideed: 4:22pm On Apr 25, 2021
The Pantami Road map but hey let's keep pretending

(1) (Reply)

Burning Imo Police HQ Is Political Not ESN. / Massob Backs Ebube Agu Says ESN Only Exist Online / Man Accused Of Ratting Out Esn/ipob Commander, Ikonso Denies The Allegation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.