Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,737 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe (32695 Views)

Fayose: I Won’t Drop My Presidential Ambition Who Knows If Nigerians Prefer Me? / Sheikh Gumi: Bandits Are Going Nowhere / 2023: South Will Rise Up In Arms If Another Northerner Succeeds Buhari -Babachir (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Doraty1(f): 4:35pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ahmad Gumi, an Islamic cleric, says if bandits are not assured of their safety and rehabilitation, they will not let go of their arms.

Gumi made the comment on Wednesday during a virtual event hosted by the National Institute for Legislative and Democratic Studies.

The meeting was organised to discuss Nigeria’s security challenges.

The cleric said he sees no reason why the government should not dialogue with the bandits who are willing to negotiate.

Gumi said: “Nobody can justify criminality, what we are saying is what we saw in the forest is an ethnic war going on between people in the forest and the neighboring villages and hamlets. When the herder felt he has grievances and nobody was listening to him, he took on weapons.

“So when we went there and they saw a listening ear, they were ready to negotiate, tell us their grievances, and ready to incorporate into the society. So in such a case, I see no reason why we should not have a dialogue with them.

Gumi said if they are not shown that they’ll be safe when reintegrated into society, they will not give up their arms.

The cleric also reiterated that they should be given amnesty in the same vein as the Niger Delta militants.

He said: “Looking at their educational status, they don’t have any official or unofficial education. How can a nation which is serious about security leave a chunk of its society so uneducated, leave it to arms and drugs? I don’t think that society is serious. How can we disperse them, rehabilitate them because they are holding arms to protect themselves.

“If you don’t show them they’re safe in the larger society, there’s no way they can leave their weapon. And that’s why we asked for amnesty for them just like we had in the Niger Delta.

“I’m not justifying their kidnapping, what they do is crime. But their kidnapping is to get more money to buy more weapons so that they can protect themselves.”

https://www.thecable.ng/breaking-bandits-wont-drop-their-arms-if-they-dont-feel-safe-says-gumi

1 Share

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Kriss216: 4:36pm On Mar 24, 2021
Is it not yet time to arrest this terrorist?

372 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by alsudan: 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2021
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by IfGodbeforus(m): 4:38pm On Mar 24, 2021
The Nation is sitting on a Gun powder.

34 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Fahdiga(m): 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2021
How this Gumi of a terrorist has not been arrested is still a mystery to me. if it was to be a southerner that is seen hobnobbing with terrorists of southern extraction do you think the whole northerners will not call for his head. southern Nigeria is the most cowardice region in the world

218 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by longetivity(m): 4:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
Spokesperson of bandits have spoken

94 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Ademola47(m): 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2021
In short, he wants them to be treated like the repentant Boko Haram.

They should be given allowance, new clothes, foreign education, and may be capital to start business before being reintegrated into the society.

17 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by NwaNimo1(m): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2021

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by FILEBE(m): 5:45pm On Mar 24, 2021
This kind talk ehn.
You aren't justifying anything right? Isn't that why there is punishment? They should be punished for their crimes. No religion punishes people for crime more than islam. Let thrm go Sharia on them na.

But Hisbilahi can be beating People that drink abi?

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by oz4real83(m): 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
So says the chief negotiator, the chief advocate, the spokesperson of bandits, the whole world is watching this abomination embarassed

31 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by PataAlhajaKeji(m): 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
Gumi should shut the fucck up!

Old fool!

Adagbamadanu oshi!

4 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Jestin: 5:46pm On Mar 24, 2021
Which stupid grievances? Every Nigerians is treated unfairly by our wicked leaders so Na all of us dey vex for that country.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by danduchi(m): 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
This man is Buhari ally... Remember when Buhari was almost assinated in Kaduna, this was the man he went to meet

7 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by MansoryMX(m): 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
How Nigeria government classify people using GMG, RPGs, military grade assault riffles and IED bombs as bandits amazes me.

People who have killed and destroyed lives and properties are looking for amnesty and rehabilitation. Isn’t it high time the government arrest this man? If this said man is from any other region by now he would bae been locked up and tortured! How did we get here as a country?

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
Lol, so it has gotten so bad Terrorists now tell authorities why they can't be stopped

The Boko Haram that have been "rehabilitated" has it stopped them from their acts

Islam and the North has really dealt with this corn tree

7 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Amalekki: 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
Atiku's strategist lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by bigdammyj: 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
Noted
Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Realestatevixen: 5:47pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ok

Primehood Estate.

Driving through a splash of wealth and classic states in Nigeria, Ibadan is a standard.

Ibadan gives peace, glamour and serenity that will enable you to enjoy Primehood Estate.

Primehood Estate is located at Otunla community off Akaran Road, close to the Ilaji Hotels and Resort, Lagos Ibadan Expressway, and Olorunsogo Local Government Area, Ibadan Oyo State. Opposite the Lagos/Ibadan Expressway,

This estate is unique.

You can come around for inspection at your convenient time.

TITLE: Registered Survey and Deed of Assignment

� PRICE: 500sqm: 600k

Perks:
Outstanding Facilities,
Gated Community,
Excellent Titles,
Proposed Street Light,
Proposed Garden, Landscaping.

Current Offer: Buy 6plots and get 1plot free

Call or watsapp 08060291729 to get started

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Abigirlsuen: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
About to crumble

1 Like

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Jeremy12345: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
This man is a fool
Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Tvoice: 5:48pm On Mar 24, 2021
Oga plz short up , we already know u are one of the bandit if not their leader sef , stop acting all this ur foolish script .

4 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by adonnii(f): 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
So this man is saying that these terrorists are only involved in
kidnappings because they want to raise money in order to obtain firearms
for defending themselves. Did he even pause to ask himself, "does this
make sense to me?"

4 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Pravedk: 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Rubbish!!!

E go be ✌️
Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Akpuobi1: 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
Ediot
Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by frank417: 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
This man needs to be investigated

4 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by wink2015(m): 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
SPECIAL MINISTER OF BANDITARY AFFAIRS, SHEIKH GUMI !

They want to be like Niger delta militant collecting amnesty money.

Buhari is spreading federal allocation to them just because he is jealous of Niger deltan militant for collect amnesty money.

But Buhari and his northern cabals forgot that Niger delta region is underdevelop despite the huge crude oil money the federal government is sourcing from their land.

In addition to this huge amount of money being tapped from the land comes with the huge ecological and environmental pollution of the Niger delta ecosystem.

13 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Numerouno94(m): 5:49pm On Mar 24, 2021
angry If i were the president i wuld hv killed this guy by firing squad.

2 Likes

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Gaddafiyusf(m): 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
This man should be arrested. This is the lowest point in Nigeria history. Terrorist spokesperson

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by IJOBA11: 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
grin
THIS IS WHAT A FANATICAL YORUBA MUSLIM SAID

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by ChiefSosa(m): 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
Most people won't complain if they can just keep this Banditry and other nonsense IN THE NORTH.
These people can NEVER be released to the community and then expect the dwellers not to do something. They are sub-humans. You claimed they were not heard, that's why they picked up weapons, why can't they use the weapons to attack the country leaders, instead of innocent and defenseless people? Northerners just die anyhow. I seriously feel this country should be divided, so that those that want to be fortunate will be fortunate and any region that wants to be unfortunate should be unfortunate without disturbing the fortunate ones. Capisce?
Gumi always talking nonsense, I feel like walking up to him and then release a loud fart on his bare chest.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gumi: Bandits Won’t Drop Their Arms If They Don’t Feel Safe by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 24, 2021
This man is a real clown!!! Oh God, hw did i find myself in the same kwantree with all this morons from the north

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kawu Sumaila To Uzodinma: 'You Lack Knowledge Of What APC Stands For’ / Timipre Sylva: Nigerians Should Be Proud Of Fuel Imports From Niger Republic / N60bn Sale Proceeds: EFCC Probes Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.