Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs (3224 Views)

Meet My Turkey Mums & Chicks / How My Special Noiler Breed Give Me Egg To Hatch And Eat / Raise Turkey For Eggs To Hatch And Sell At Day Old. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Vastjoy(m): 12:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
Please who can help me with the hatching of my Turkey’s eggs. As at today they are 41 in numbers. I resides in Osogbo. Thanks
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by elvismaga: 4:41pm On Mar 25, 2021
please where can i buy turkey eggs?
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by GorillaApp(m): 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2021
Vastjoy:
Please who can help me with the hatching of my Turkey’s eggs. As at today they are 41 in numbers. I resides in Osogbo. Thanks
Pls how many turkey laid that eggs? Quite much
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Vastjoy(m): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
I can sell for you
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Vastjoy(m): 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2021
elvismaga:
please where can i buy turkey eggs?
I can sell for you
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Vastjoy(m): 5:30pm On Mar 25, 2021
GorillaApp:

Pls how many turkey laid that eggs? Quite much
5 female Turkeys
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by GorillaApp(m): 6:30pm On Mar 25, 2021
Vastjoy:

5 female Turkeys
Wow. I once read somewhere on nairaland that you can put the eggs under a hen( maximum of 3) to hatch them.
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Vastjoy(m): 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2021
GorillaApp:

Wow. I once read somewhere on nairaland that you can put the eggs under a hen( maximum of 3) to hatch them.
I know about that but they are plenty. 43 eggs
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by yemmit90: 10:17pm On Mar 25, 2021
There are many public hatcheries in Ibadan you can use to hatch your turkey eggs with (just #50- #100 per egg.

Besides, check the fertility with light dark method before taking them to hatchery. Take only eggs laid within a maximum of 12 days to hatchery. Turkey eggs hatched around 28days to 30 days of incubation.

1 Like

Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Attit: 4:58am On Mar 26, 2021
Vastjoy:

5 female Turkeys
I think majority of your eggs will not be fertile anymore. Too bad. Check the fertile ones before you waste money. And make arrangement on how to get your eggs fertilized. 5 females should lay 10 to 20 within 7 days from my experience depending on your farming approach and age of the birds. And trying to hatch above 7 days old eggs can be hard. So, you have 45. .....hmmmmm! If you can produce like 120 per batch, I can arrange someone who will pick from you consistently as long as you can take care of shipping.

I hope you have a male..

1 Like

Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Vastjoy(m): 4:56pm On Mar 26, 2021
Attit:

I think majority of your eggs will not be fertile anymore. Too bad. Check the fertile ones before you waste money. And make arrangement on how to get your eggs fertilized. 5 females should lay 10 to 20 within 7 days from my experience depending on your farming approach and age of the birds. And trying to hatch above 7 days old eggs can be hard. So, you have 45. .....hmmmmm! If you can produce like 120 per batch, I can arrange someone who will pick from you consistently as long as you can take care of
shipping also.

I hope you have a male..

Please I will really appreciate it if you can assist me. Of course I will provide transport fare.Yes I have two male Turkeys
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Attit: 9:16pm On Mar 26, 2021
Vastjoy:

Please I will really appreciate it if you can assist me. Of course I will provide transport fare.Yes I have two male Turkeys

Bro...what I expect is that only 10 to 20 eggs are OK from your 45 eggs. More than half are over 1 week old. This is my point. Sort yourself out first. Know how to know fertile eggs. Then, know your weekly production...then we can talk. Hope you get me.

1 Like

Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Vastjoy(m): 9:37pm On Mar 26, 2021
Attit:

Bro...what I expect is that only 10 to 20 eggs are OK from your 45 eggs. More than half are over 1 week old. This is my point. Sort yourself out first. Know how to know fertile eggs. Then, know your weekly production...then we can talk. Hope you get me.
I’m new to poultry farming, I don’t know how to differentiate fertile eggs � from non fertile. Please i need your support and assistance so that those eggs won’t be wasted.

Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Attit: 10:21pm On Mar 26, 2021
Vastjoy:

I’m new to poultry farming, I don’t know how to differentiate fertile eggs � from non fertile. Please i need your support and assistance so that those eggs won’t be wasted.
You put light under the egg, and what you want to check is the appearance of network of blood vessels. Google "candling turkey eggs'. A touch can be used in a dark room.

I suggest you candle them...put signs on the ones you think are fertile. Send all to Ibadan..ask for the eggs shell and remains after hatching and check the ones that dont hatch. This way you can know if you were correct with your candling test. I hope I have answered you well..

1 Like

Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Silver247: 12:18am On Mar 27, 2021
yemmit90:
There are many public hatcheries in Ibadan you can use to hatch your turkey eggs with (just #50- #100 per egg.

Besides, check the fertility with light dark method before taking them to hatchery. Take only eggs laid within a maximum of 12 days to hatchery. Turkey eggs hatched around 28days to 30 days of incubation.

Boss why did you leave your turkey training thread na�
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by santislim8(m): 8:26am On Mar 27, 2021
yemmit90:

Good morning brother Yemmit, please I’d like to ask you a few things on Turkey rearing can I quote you on a dead thread ?
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by yemmit90: 10:25am On Mar 27, 2021
Silver247:

Boss why did you leave your turkey training thread na�

I finished the training on my facebook group where thousands of people were easily participated.
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by yemmit90: 10:26am On Mar 27, 2021
santislim8:

Good morning brother Yemmit, please I’d like to ask you a few things on Turkey rearing can I quote you on a dead thread ?

Send a mail.
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by santislim8(m): 10:52am On Mar 27, 2021
[quote author=yemmit90 post=100251064]

Send a mail.[/quote
Can I have your email address so I can easily write you
The Email address I used forNairaland is now obsolete
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by yemmit90: 1:21pm On Mar 27, 2021
[quote author=santislim8 post=100251755][/quote]

Adebisiyemmit@gmail.com
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Vastjoy(m): 7:32pm On Mar 27, 2021
yemmit90:

Adebisiyemmit@gmail.com
Yes, I will send you message from akande
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by santislim8(m): 9:33pm On Mar 27, 2021
yemmit90:

Adebisiyemmit@gmail.com
Thank you
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Silver247: 11:19pm On Mar 27, 2021
yemmit90:

I finished the training on my facebook group where thousands of people were easily participated.

I never knew about the Facebook group and I was hopefully waiting for you to come and complete it here
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Elzakzaky: 10:30am On Mar 28, 2021
yemmit90:

Besides, check the fertility with light dark method before taking them to hatchery. Take only eggs laid within a maximum of 12 days to hatchery.
You check for fertility 7 days into the process of incubation.
It is wrong to say only eggs laid within 12 days can hatch. A turkey can lay for over 30 days, sit on the eggs and hatch the eggs. Just pick up the eggs, store them in a cool place, with the pointed end facing down

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Elzakzaky: 10:39am On Mar 28, 2021
Attit:

You put light under the egg, and what you want to check is the appearance of network of blood vessels. Google "candling turkey eggs'. A touch can be used in a dark room.

I suggest you candle them...put signs on the ones you think are fertile. Send all to Ibadan..ask for the eggs shell and remains after hatching and check the ones that dont hatch. This way you can know if you were correct with your candling test. I hope I have answered you well..
Sorry, you dont know what you are saying.
Op, you cannot determine whether or not the eggs are fertile now. it is only when you have incubated them for 7 days. Do you see the male turkeys mating the females? if yes, there is a high probability the eggs are fertile
Re: How To Hatch My Turkey’s Eggs by Attit: 1:18pm On Mar 28, 2021
You need to relax Elzakzaky. You have valid points, but just relax. And no need to be aggressive. Of course, you have excellent points. However, you apply them to your situation.

Elzakzaky:

You check for fertility 7 days into the process of incubation.
You are partially right. The thing is that you don't discard eggs immediately until after 7 days in incubator if you arent experienced enough, because the veins are obvious at this time. Why do you think I told him to do candle now, put signs on them, and then send all to Ibadan, and check after hatching his guess? Think. I don't just post. I have reasons. And you have helped me to elaborate further. If the guy had contacted me privately, of course I would have explained further to him...but see eh...most of these guys and ladies here want short cut. So, how do you think someone who is finding it hard to send to Ibadan is ready to go through your process? He wants to sell eggs...and I am willing to buy from him. But I will want him sell good products. So relax bro. And if he can go through the process, why not? I will teach him. And I do not hide knowledge. Only that you must be smart to decode me. Many here on NL decode my posts. And they reach me. And I always tell them that they are smart. So, this is my tool to choose who to work with. You must be smart. If you are smart, I can go to the end of the world for you. In fact, I have one bargaining with me seriously as I'm talking. The man is very smart, but I have told him my last bus stop. Lol. Bro..even if you join my discussions, you will know who is smart. You decode my posts, lol.....see eh...you are smart.

It is wrong to say only eggs laid within 12 days can hatch. A turkey can lay for over 30 days, sit on the eggs and hatch the eggs . Just pick up the eggs, store them in a cool place, with the pointed end facing down
You are wrong that a turkey can lay for over 30 days...with the rest of the sentence uou made. This shows me you really do not understand the subject well. However, you are right about your 12 days stand....but it is in a normal nation where power is stable . When one stores in a cooler temp, fertility is prolonged, especially with regulated temperature.. but bros...isn't not the same power he will use for incubation he will use for cooling them? Of course, I agree that he can still use other methods to cool them without power. But the yolks must be turned. Lol. Most will keep them stable. Why do you think eggs are turned in incubator? So, the standard when you leave it in 23C to 25C room temperature is max of 7 days to have high fertility. And to even make them not to lose fertility, they must be turned every 12 hours. So, relax. Not just only facing down at the point you mentioned (though ok), but better you turn them.

Bro, the Nigerian standard of good hatching rate is 80% which is low. If you follow the procedure, you can get 99%. I have incubators and I achieve minimum of 98%. I have achieved 100% many times. My minimum is 70% cos of some issues. But I fluctuate between 94 to 97% most times. And I started recently.

Elzakzaky:

Sorry, you dont know what you are saying.
Op, you cannot determine whether or not the eggs are fertile now. it is only when you have incubated them for 7 days. Do you see the male turkeys mating the females? if yes, there is a high probability the eggs are fertile
I know what I am saying. And I understand you aren't experienced enough. It's ok, and I will teach you. I don't post what I don't know.

The veins are what you want to see, but are obvious after 7 days in the incubator. Therefore the coloration and shade of light are what you watch out for. It is why I told him to mark the eggs and check later. That you do not know how to check is not your fault, you aren't just experienced enough. That's all. Also, you look at the eggs sizes (not too big and not too small is the best), and with no shell crack. Why no crack? It can easily be infected. As you are incubating the eggs, you're incubating microorganisms which have entered through the cracked part. There is a reason for everything, you just have to think deeply. That's all.

Check the picture attached for more insights. The more you check, the better you are. I bought an incubator when I wanted to start, and I did a thorough investigation to know it. I candle eggs daily while incubating to understand the process. So, if I candle for you on day 0, you better take it cos I will be 95% accurate.

Back to the story. He has not put in a cool place obviously. He has 2 females....and he has 40+ eggs. And he doesn't know how to place the eggs, so how do you expect me to take the risk? So, guy....the standard in Nigeria is 7 days. And I buy 5 days for your info. Cos I know they don't do anything to the eggs. They just pick and put in a place. I am sure more than 70% of the eggs he has might have lost fertility already. So, oga...relax. When you read materials on the internet, interpret them well. Apply what you read to your case. This is why they call people internet farmer when they cannot apply what they read appropriately.

Your challenge is that you do not want to accept that eggs lose fertility easily. Yes, they do especially in tropics.

I hope you have learned why 7 days is the standard in Nigeria.

God bless bro!

(1) (Reply)

The A To Z You Need To Raise Tomato Nursery (part Two) / My Cucumber Trial / Anybody With Agric-produce Exporting Experience In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.