Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,633 members, 7,813,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? (1855 Views)

I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? / Husbands Should Abstain From Breastfeeding Wives For 6 Months - Medical DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 1:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
Breastfeeding can be something shaaaaa, why didn't they tell us what we were going to expect?

God help you, you have a child that knows how to latch on and suckle very well and very hard, Ohhhh my goodness ��

Breastmilk didn't show face until the next day, I had read a lot about it (not that it does justice to the real experience) but at least I knew what to do to get ready and prepared for the journey ahead.

It was pretty smooth for me, my baby knew how to latch on well (as if she had gone for training classes in the womb) so I didn't have problems with latching.

But I know some people who didn't have it pretty with breastfeeding, especially cos it's their first time.

And those hanties and grandmas too won't help matter, they will just be coming with all sorts of recommendations.

I also think that some of the things I learnt during my researches helped a lot.

If you are a mom, what was your experience like? A mom to be can learn a thing or two.

You can check out my video where I talked about the things you would need for an almost smooth breastfeeding journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGwEibb1CsE
Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by LadySarah: 2:04pm On Mar 25, 2021
They didn't explain it well I swear.
Being a new mom ,the milk came in on the 2nd day.Woke up with a fever and alas my boobs were rock solid!I didnt understand what was happening.Had a warm massage and it got pouring out.

Latching wahala,engorgement every now and then nipple cracking/bleeding until we got the hang of it.

Every stage is challenging.

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2021
LadySarah:
They didn't explain it well I swear.
Being a new mom ,the milk came in on the 2nd day.Woke up with a fever and alas my boobs were rock solid!I didnt understand what was happening.Had a warm massage and it got pouring out.

Latching wahala,engorgement every now and then nipple cracking/bleeding until we got the hang of it.

Every stage is challenging.

Them no explain am at all oo �� I mean, you just see a mother just whip out the breast and the baby is sucking while she just does other things like it is nothing.

So in my mind I am like is it not just to suck breast ��� I no know say the matter different.

I heard some women actually have serious injuries that bleed around their nipples, so much that nipple cream doesn't even do justice to it.

I swear motherhood needs to be a course in special universities cos everyday bit of it is a journey especially the sleepless nights ��
Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by culf: 2:45pm On Mar 25, 2021
Wify breastmilk refused to show ooo, and when it eventually started flowing, it wasnt enough, had to buy milk for my baby.

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 3:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
culf:
Wify breastmilk refused to show ooo, and when it eventually started flowing, it wasnt enough, had to buy milk for my baby.

Sometimes it's like that, and I understand it would be so overwhelming for her.
It's okay to use formulas if breastmilk no gree show face, as far as baby is well fed.
Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by culf: 2:30pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

Sometimes it's like that, and I understand it would be so overwhelming for her.
It's okay to use formulas if breastmilk no gree show face, as far as baby is well fed.

it was ooo, initially I didn't agree to the use of formulas but when I noticed that he was looking malnourished, I had no option than to agree.

1 Like

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by Nwaotu10(m): 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
I heard it gives some women orgasm when a child sucks on it. How true is it?

3 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 3:03pm On Mar 26, 2021
culf:

it was ooo, initially I didn't agree to the use of formulas but when I noticed that he was looking malnourished, I had no option than to agree.

���the way you men clamour for breastfeeding ehn
Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 3:05pm On Mar 26, 2021
Nwaotu10:
I heard it gives some women orgasm when a child sucks on it. How true is it?

I have heard so too, but I don't know how true that it but I think it's very possible. Cos one would definitely feel some kind of sensation when the breast is being sucked

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by Nwaotu10(m): 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

I have heard so too, but I don't know how true that it but I think it's very possible. Cos one would definitely feel some kind of sensation when the breast is being sucked

Ok. Thanks for your response.
Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by lilyheaven: 3:22pm On Mar 26, 2021

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by lilyheaven: 3:24pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

It’s not true, except with older babies, who are upto 1 year and above

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by culf: 3:34pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

���the way you men clamour for breastfeeding ehn

its not our fault ooo, we just want the best for the child and knowing how important breastmilk is, we have to clamour for it.

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by culf: 3:36pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

not all women.

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by culf: 3:39pm On Mar 26, 2021
lilyheaven:
Milk refused to flow for two days, I started drinking palm wine grin, pap without sugar nor milk cry cry
Fourth day, it started flowing, but the pain was so much, I cried each time I’m feeding the baby.
Massaging with hot water helped me a lot.
Chia that pain was terrible, the pain really touched my inner heart cry

eyaaa, Pele. my wife did all that you mentioned above too and more. Her milk didn't come on time.

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 5:06pm On Mar 26, 2021
lilyheaven:
Milk refused to flow for two days, I started drinking palm wine grin, pap without sugar nor milk cry cry
Fourth day, it started flowing, but the pain was so much, I cried each time I’m feeding the baby.
Massaging with hot water helped me a lot.
Chia that pain was terrible, the pain really touched my inner heart cry

Awwwwwnnnnn she say the pain touched her inner heart. Massaging with hot water really helped with engorgement. One day my breast was so engorged I was shivering and shaking so badly. My mum said the cold was because of the breast. I quickly expressed it Abeg, even though it means I have to throw it away cos mama wouldn't accept feeding bottle.

But my mum reassured me that the pain and engorgement would reduce and finally stop as time went on, especially cos babies tend to increase their sucking quantity

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 5:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
culf:

not all women.

Sure cheesy cheesy Can't be all women ooo, cos me I don't feel anything like orgasm, it's even more of a slight sensation, mostly on the other breast that is not being sucked at that moment, and then before you know it, that one sef go dey leak milk.

I think there was a post of a girl who said she felt some kind of orgasmic way when her aunties baby sucked her boobs, but that's not her baby so I guess that's why.

1 Like

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 5:13pm On Mar 26, 2021
culf:

eyaaa, Pele. my wife did all that you mentioned above too and more. Her milk didn't come on time.

Na so ooo, it's like that for some women, while for some, it is fountain of flowing milk right from day 1

Body no be same, that's why person no fit dey compare mothers
Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by HajiaNotu: 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2021
My aunt had difficulty breastfeeding her baby due to milk not flowing well.She wanted to introduce formulae to her son at 3 mnts.She told me a friend introduced her to some lactation food items like cookies, tea etc.
Follow on I g The Milk Booster..It worked for my aunt. ..like she said her milk started flowing well and shes able to do exclusive breastfeeding for 6months.

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 6:34pm On Mar 26, 2021
lilyheaven:

It’s not true, except with older babies, who are upto 1 year and above

Ohhhhkay but a lot of moms breastfeed their babies for over one year, even as far as a year and half

1 Like

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 6:40pm On Mar 26, 2021
HajiaNotu:
My aunt had difficulty breastfeeding her baby due to milk not flowing well.She wanted to introduce formulae to her son at 3 mnts.She told me a friend introduced her to some lactation food items like cookies, tea etc.
Follow on I g The Milk Booster..It worked for my aunt. ..like she said her milk started flowing well and shes able to do exclusive breastfeeding for 6months.

I totally agree, it's one of the things I recommended in my video too. The milkbooster products work well, I ate it too and milk was just everywhere just after eating a pack of the cookies with Tea.

It's even better if a mum starts to eat them from the moment she is 36wks pregnant,it really helps

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by culf: 7:17pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

Na so ooo, it's like that for some women, while for some, it is fountain of flowing milk right from day 1

Body no be same, that's why person no fit dey compare mothers

you're right.

1 Like

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by culf: 7:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

Sure cheesy cheesy Can't be all women ooo, cos me I don't feel anything like orgasm, it's even more of a slight sensation, mostly on the other breast that is not being sucked at that moment, and then before you know it, that one sef go dey leak milk.

I think there was a post of a girl who said she felt some kind of orgasmic way when her aunties baby sucked her boobs, but that's not her baby so I guess that's why.

hmmm, I have read something like that before, I think its ladies that have very sensitive breast. I Have also heard some ladies said their weak point is breast, I believe such ladies can orgasm when their baby suckle while some like my wife don't feel anything at all. she finds it weird self.

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 8:08pm On Mar 26, 2021
culf:

its not our fault ooo, we just want the best for the child and knowing how important breastmilk is, we have to clamour for it.

Yeah true. Breastfeeding milk is important but it's not cast in stone if for any reason the mother can't breastfeed. And yes the child will still be smart and intelligent, it's not about breastmilk.

Although breastmilk is very essential especially in building the immunity of the child.

1 Like

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 8:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
culf:

hmmm, I have read something like that before, I think its ladies that have very sensitive breast. I Have also heard some ladies said their weak point is breast, I believe such ladies can orgasm when their baby suckle while some like my wife don't feel anything at all. she finds it weird self.

True oooo, even the thought of it sef is weird
Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by culf: 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

True oooo, even the thought of it sef is weird

it may sound weird but its true. we are all build differently, The one I read us the lady herself that was asking if it's Normal that she usually have orgasm when her baby suck.

Some ladies lips are so sensitive that they can have orgasm from kissing talk more of breast just that the person involve here is her child.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by culf: 9:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

Yeah true. Breastfeeding milk is important but it's not cast in stone if for any reason the mother can't breastfeed. And yes the child will still be smart and intelligent, it's not about breastmilk.

Although breastmilk is very essential especially in building the immunity of the child.

yeah, the child will be smart and intelligent but you can't compare breastmilk to formulas. the immunity, the attachment, the nutrients, water, etc all in one. My boy suck for over a year ooooo.

3 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by lilyheaven: 9:47pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

Ohhhhkay but a lot of moms breastfeed their babies for over one year, even as far as a year and half
Did you see that post where a woman was breastfeeding her 5 years old son?

People reacted to it.

2 Likes

Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 10:07pm On Mar 26, 2021
culf:

it may sound weird but its true. we are all build differently, The one I read us the lady herself that was asking if it's Normal that she usually have orgasm when her baby suck.

Some ladies lips are so sensitive that they can have orgasm from kissing talk more of breast just that the person involve here is her child.

Nawa ooooooo, it is well
Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2021
culf:

yeah, the child will be smart and intelligent but you can't compare breastmilk to formulas. the immunity, the attachment, the nutrients, water, etc all in one. My boy suck for over a year ooooo.

.yeah I get, breastmilk and formula cannot be compared. Just that some men begin to overreact as if it is the wife's fault that breastmilk is not flowing. Some men become so aggressive you would think they want to use the milk to drink tea
Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by thekichinboss: 10:12pm On Mar 26, 2021
lilyheaven:

Did you see that post where a woman was breastfeeding her 5 years old son?

People reacted to it.

Ahhhhhhhhh 5year old ke? Anyways she would have her reasons sha. My mum told me that there used to be a boy in her village, all those distant relatives. The boy was a grown boy, he will leave school and come home during break to come and suck breast grin grin grin
Re: What Was It Like Breastfeeding As A First Time Mom? by culf: 11:15pm On Mar 26, 2021
thekichinboss:

.yeah I get, breastmilk and formula cannot be compared. Just that some men begin to overreact as if it is the wife's fault that breastmilk is not flowing. Some men become so aggressive you would think they want to use the milk to drink tea

you're very funny. That will be wrong sha though it can be frustrating but its not the wife's fault.
we suffered ooo, before my wife's breastmilk starts flowing, there is nothing we didn't do, from palm kernel to hot water, from tom brown to palm wine, drugs to massaging, there is nothing we didn't do or apply. I never blamed her, we were in it together, I know its not her fault. I heard it's also very common with ladies that gave both through CS.
So taking the frustration on the woman is totally wrong.

#meanwhile the milk is more important to us thank to
drink tea

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Mother In Law Doesn't Want To Let Me See My Daughter / Barren? / What Will You Do If Your Girlfriend Confesses To You That She Is An Ogbanje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.