Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center (9608 Views)

Teaching And Non-teaching Staff Vacancies At Eton Schools (9 Positions) / Check Out The Newly Built N-power Build Training Center In Abia State / Fayose To Employ 2000 Into Ekiti Teaching And Civil Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by ohiMuk: 2:26pm On Mar 25, 2021
I want to stop teaching job and start my own vocational training center, please your advice and knowledge is needed on the way go about it. I have been teaching in private schools for 5years now and nothing to show for it. Though i have a certificate of industrial setting such as soap, cream, paint production etc

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by woleabayo(f): 2:32pm On Mar 25, 2021
my dear quite if u have a good start up capital and customer .................teaching eh..............well i'm a trained teacher but only work with that for 6month teaching practice days....lolz

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by ohiMuk: 2:34pm On Mar 25, 2021
woleabayo:
my dear quite if u have a good start up capital and customer .................teaching eh..............well i'm a trained teacher but only work with that for 6month teaching practice days....lolz
Ok thanks
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by obonujoker(m): 3:08pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lol... Teaching job grin....
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by EricSmallz(m): 5:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
5 Years and nothing to Show for it, You are still seeking advise to try something else.
How many years do you have left to live?
You want to spend your entire life with nothing to show?
Take that bold Step Now!
Don't listen to anybody

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by Stomoney(m): 5:38pm On Mar 25, 2021
I think you've already gotten answers to your question. Teaching in private school is a total waste of time. You can never have any savings and before you know it you old

13 Likes

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by mbahdi(m): 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
Ok
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by MONEY247: 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
Not
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by festacman(m): 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
Entrepreneurship is eating risks for breakfast, lunch and supper.

Don't quit teaching yet. You need the salary and the holiday periods to
- Study existing vocational training centres to note their challenges and opportunities.
- Do feasibility study, is it something you can do, is there enough trainees to guarantee cash flow and profits, what is the capital requirements, what equipment do you need, etc.
- Develop a plan of how you intend to run your own centre (Business plan). State your potential costumers, where you can find them and how to market your training to them. State how you intend to design your training packages to beat competition. State if you would need assistant trainers. How do you intend to keep your books?, etc.

Bear in mind that in as much as entrepreneurship is courted by many, only few succeed.

Good luck, my friend.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by millionboi(m): 5:39pm On Mar 25, 2021
You need permission?
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by israelmao(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
Teaching jobs in some private schools are quite frustrating and the salaries are ridiculous,graduates have been reduced to ignominious level.My candid advice to you is,don't be afraid to take a plunge in standing alone though it's may be rough at beginning but surely there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by wpadmin: 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
Make sense
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by GreaterFuture(m): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
Not a bad Idea, just plan well and be Prudent careful, hardworking and honest.
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by Muhylonaire007: 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
Omo... teaching for this obodo Nigeria na low key slavery.
Even with my B.Sc(Ed), I gave up on teaching since last year.

E better make person no work self than some teaching jobs.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by pozehnani(f): 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
Nice.
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by Authoreety: 5:40pm On Mar 25, 2021
Ok
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by israelmao(m): 5:41pm On Mar 25, 2021
j
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by Babysvoice: 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
It depend on ur type of work and the location ooo.

Think it well before quitting the job. Because a bird at hand worth is better than 3000 in Bush
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by aBrokeRichDude: 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
Okay we don hear
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by pozehnani(f): 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2021
[quote author=obonujoker post=100203072]Lol... Teaching job grin....[/quote
Na lie?

You private school owners are underpaying your Teachers.
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by pozehnani(f): 5:43pm On Mar 25, 2021
[quote author=obonujoker post=100203072]Lol... Teaching job grin....[/quote

Na lie?

Most private school owners are underpaying their teachers big time.
Una know una self.
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by chinchonglee(m): 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
Lol.
I remember wen i was serving. One woman met me to be her daughter's private lesson teacher for #4,000 which i accepted.

After two weeks i begin reason, does this stress worth 4k
Omo na so i japa.. Lemme be managing govt's 19,800..

Teaching(private school) no be work ooo..
If u re a private school teacher, u re still unemployed to me.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by SeriouslySense(m): 5:48pm On Mar 25, 2021
Its Normal for you to want to grow.

Maybe you can start small, study the demand for what you want to offer, you can do a survey, or get some answers online.

Start small, use twitter, fakebook to build a brand, and small small, study the demand well, maybe you need to adjust or upgrade some skills, i hope you are successful, and i hope you get the insight you need.

You will need to know the demand, add value, market and persuade.
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by zicoraads: 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2021
What's it with all these negative teaching posts making front page so many times?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by SeriouslySense(m): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2021
Teaching can be fun, but you also need to grow, but some students are stubborn, especially in Ogogoro area. grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by Zobah: 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2021
Unified classifications:
Tasere is 1000 units and below
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by Mcslize: 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2021
ohiMuk:
I want to stop teaching job and start my own vocational training center, please your advice and knowledge is needed on the way go about it. I have been teaching in private schools for 5years now and nothing to show for it. Though i have a certificate of industrial setting such as soap, cream, paint production etc

Produce and distribute side by side as you are training others. Don't just train, also produce. You won't regret going into soap and paint production to be a major distributor. It's a nice investment. You know why? Cuz people use soap every time. You can come out with your own brand.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by MrAnyachi(m): 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2021
festacman:
Entrepreneurship is eating risks for breakfast, lunch and supper.

Don't quit teaching yet. You need the salary and the holiday periods to
- Study existing vocational training centres to note their challenges and opportunities.
- Do feasibility study
- Develop a plan of how you intend to run your own centre. (Business plan)

Bear in mind that in as much as entrepreneurship is courted by many, only few succeed.

Good luck, my friend.
you nailed it. thumb up for the great advice.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by Niceguyyy: 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
Teaching is something else, I'm also in this position right now and i don't know whether to quit or manage for the main time.
I teach in a government primary school in one of the state in the middle belt, to make matters worse a rural village, my pay is 48k and my PPA is 1h,20mins from where I stay. Hence I spend 15k monthly on tfare coupled with the village is not safe.
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by molik05(m): 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2021
This is a good initiative to you. Follow ur minds without and not relenting on ur Goals..
But try as much as possible to set Target for urself and focus.
Re: I Want To Stop Teaching And Start Vocational Training Center by Swagk101(m): 6:03pm On Mar 25, 2021
Hmmm, teaching in this country is something else. Though I know some teachers making it(coupled with private tutor etc).

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is this fair on a job applicant? / Arik Air Limited Is Currently Recruiting. / Get A Job In Oil And Gas Sector Fast!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.