Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,068 members, 7,849,331 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:42 PM

Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk (688 Views)

Ibori, Others To Complete Jail Terms In Nigeria / Breaking News:ex Delta State Governor,james Ibori Sentenced To 13 Years In Priso / Nigeria Ex-delta State Governor James Ibori Guilty Plea (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk by monkeyleg: 8:59pm On Apr 15, 2011
This is how it is done. Not all that rubbish we got from efcc. The thief lands uk barely 3hrs ago, he has already been charged. Ibori's own if finished. I was speaking to a top uk barristar, and from what I gather, the man is in hot soup, probably looking at least 12yrs min 8yrs

One of Nigeria's most influential and wealthy politicians, James Ibori, has been charged in London with 25 offences relating to money laundering and fraud.

The former governor of oil-rich Delta state was extradited from Dubai to the UK to face the charges.

He was arrested in Dubai last May and lost an appeal against his extradition. He denies allegations of corruption.

Mr Ibori is a senior figure in Nigeria's governing People's Democratic Party (PDP).

He was due to appear at a London court on Saturday, Scotland Yard said.

Mr Ibori played a key role in the 2007 presidential election victory of Umaru Yar'Adua, who died last year.

Under Nigeria's federal system, state governors enjoy wide powers.

Those running oil-rich states have budgets larger than those of some African
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-13100426
Re: Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk by otokx(m): 9:07pm On Apr 15, 2011
nice, nice
Re: Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk by Coolabbie: 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2011
Something to finally smile about smiley
Re: Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk by jensinmi(m): 9:31pm On Apr 15, 2011
@ News.

I'm going to pop champagne tonight.
Re: Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk by Fogman(m): 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2011
I thought tthe news before now was that all charges has been dropped against him and that he was on his way to Nigeria. So how did this latest event came about?
Re: Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk by monkeyleg: 9:52pm On Apr 15, 2011
we have been celebrating in my household since. This is the way justice should be done. Swift. 3hrs after arriving the UK he is charged. he will probably appear at a crown court sometime next week or after easter, then wahala will start for him
Re: Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk by OAM4J: 9:57pm On Apr 15, 2011
Good one!
Re: Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk by wesley80(m): 10:03pm On Apr 15, 2011
@Fogman,
Actually the news was that Gej was negotiating his release and had agreed to trade a couple of thousand barrels of Nigerian oil to the British govt in order to have all the charges dropped. source? Sahara Reports of course.
Re: Nigerian Ex-state Governor James Ibori Charged In Uk by monkeyleg: 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2011
but same sahara reporters broke the news, so give them a break

(1) (Reply)

Riot In Suleja Niger State. / Rochas Is The Winner In Imo State / Where Is This Guy Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.