Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 (17792 Views)

Palestinians Plan Is Already Working. Finally, They Got There. / Sick African Politician In Open Roof Vehicle Campaigning For Reelection / Martine Moïse: Oligarchs Killed My Husband, But I Will Run For President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 25, 2021
President Joe Biden said Thursday in his first presidential news conference that he plans to run for a second term in 2024.

President Joe Biden on Thursday said he expects to run for reelection in 2024 with Vice President Kamala Harris on the ticket.

"The answer is yes, my plan is to run for reelection," Biden said at his first presidential news conference. "That's my expectation."

When asked about the potential for another Biden-Harris ticket, Biden praised Harris for the work she's done so far.

"I would fully expect that to be the case," he said. "She's doing a great job. She's a great partner."

On Wednesday, Biden tapped Harris to lead the administration's efforts on immigration issues, amid a surge at the southern border. It's one of the most politically risky situations facing the White House, and a role similar to what then-President Barack Obama tasked Biden to do as vice president.

As for a potential Trump 2024 challenge, Biden said he had "no idea" what the field would look like.

"I have no idea if there will be a Republican Party," he told a reporter. "Do you?"

Former President Donald Trump has teased a potential run in recent weeks, although he has also said his focus is on taking back control of Congress in the upcoming midterm elections.

“Who knows? I may even decide to beat them for a third time,” Trump said at last month's Conservative Political Action Conference in Orlando, Fla., a reference to false claims that the 2020 election was stolen from him.

Questions about a potential second Biden term have swirled around the president, who conservatives have targeted over concerns about his age, stamina and mental acuity. At 78, Biden is the oldest person to hold the country's highest office. In 2024, he will turn 82. Early in his presidential campaign, Biden signaled to aides that he was considering serving only a single term or even making a one-term pledge.

But the president has since insisted that he would not commit to just four years in office, saying "I don't have any plans on one term." In January, aides said that Biden was invigorated by his victory, having finally reached the Oval Office after first mulling a presidential run in 1980.

Biden, however, also hedged against the possibility of a 2024 run on Thursday, saying that he was "a great respecter of fate."

"I've never been able to plan four and a half, three and a half years ahead for certain," he said.

SOURCE

2 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by HRHQueenPhil(f): 11:18pm On Mar 25, 2021
Boss, this will be your only term... Your body can't face the stress of the seat so relax and train ur VP well

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by MufasaLion: 11:21pm On Mar 25, 2021
HRHQueenPhil:
Boss, this will be your only term... Your body can't face the stress of the seat so relax and train ur VP well

He'll win the second term too.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by HRHQueenPhil(f): 12:13am On Mar 26, 2021
grin
MufasaLion:

let's watch out in the following months. Before next yr

21 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by MufasaLion: 12:38am On Mar 26, 2021
cool cool cool

HRHQueenPhil:
grin let's watch out in the following months. Before next yr
Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Olobofife(m): 5:16am On Mar 26, 2021
This time nobody will rig you in.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by bazzyblings: 5:17am On Mar 26, 2021
grin
Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by koms: 5:18am On Mar 26, 2021
Frail but still better than our own dementia terror

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by ikllbrokehoes(m): 5:21am On Mar 26, 2021
MufasaLion:

okay. false prophet.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Anigreat: 5:21am On Mar 26, 2021
shocked

As clueless as you are?

9 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Nobody: 5:22am On Mar 26, 2021
Nwannemmadu, nothing do you. We dey your back. As for the red head fat pig, he is dead politically.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by ikllbrokehoes(m): 5:22am On Mar 26, 2021
Olobofife:
I want Trump to win this time around

28 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by pointstores(m): 5:23am On Mar 26, 2021
Nawa
Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by juman(m): 5:23am On Mar 26, 2021
Good president.

He would win second term.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by BigBizzy(m): 5:24am On Mar 26, 2021
Hiann nawaoooo....make this term finish na

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Amuluonyenaego: 5:24am On Mar 26, 2021
person wey dn dey fall fall up and down.

24 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by inoki247: 5:25am On Mar 26, 2021
Calm down u neva du 1 year out of the first tenure u ar talking about the next Election diz one don dey sound like Nigeria Politicans...

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Edutours1616: 5:25am On Mar 26, 2021
No no
Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by CharterService: 5:25am On Mar 26, 2021
Lol, boring president

6 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Kennitrust(m): 5:27am On Mar 26, 2021
He is not even up a year and he is thinking of the unknown times ahead,.. Lol

5 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by TinubuGoQuench(f): 5:27am On Mar 26, 2021
Joe Biden is a dead useless vegetable like the scarecrow in aso rock.
Very soon jihadists will start carrying out attacks in the United States

13 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by omoyankee3(m): 5:28am On Mar 26, 2021
Good plan Mr President
Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by ChiefOloye(m): 5:28am On Mar 26, 2021
Anyone who expected him to say anything contrary is a joker and a political novice.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Cholls(m): 5:28am On Mar 26, 2021
My brothers there is an adage in Yoruba land that says (ti eyan baa yo tan o ma wa bekun bekun Kiri)

2 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:31am On Mar 26, 2021
No be u wey dem tok say u dey fall?
One year u never reach sef the stress is already telling on you, na him u come dey reason 2 tenures??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Seniorwriter(m): 5:32am On Mar 26, 2021
@What Age or as a vegetable? SMH
Anyways if you are a youth without online skills you can earn from your saved Funds....why not invest on online locomotives or consumables to allow your money work for you and start to receive residual income weekly.
Do you know that with as little as $300 you can be assured of $40 weekly without stress.
A student of mine once asked me why i usually still engage in e-commerce with the fact that he knows lil about how much my online skill activities like WhiteBoard Animation generates for me ? I simply told him that it is called STREAMS OF INCOME!!!
Presently he enjoys a daily $20 ROI from Investing some saved funds through me into E-Sport Brokerage.
Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!
@Seniorwriter

2 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by stayclearofme: 5:33am On Mar 26, 2021
Olobofife:
You are just an apology!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:34am On Mar 26, 2021
Oga Joe no be the plan before oh

Anyway I doubt he will leave long enough to finish 8 years even if he does he will not be fit enough already he has been falling anyhow while climbing stairs these days.

I like seeing incumbents lose elections sha.

4 Likes

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by mimilogs: 5:35am On Mar 26, 2021
So long as your policies are American citizen-friendly, creating jobs and building more global bridges, all you need is strong health and the second term is yours sir smiley smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by treatise: 5:36am On Mar 26, 2021
fergie0o1:
President Joe Biden said Thursday in his first presidential news conference that he plans to run for a second term in 2024.

SOURCE

HE DID NOT SAY HE PLANS TO RUN BUT HE'S EXPECTED TO RUN, GO AND WATCH THE CLIP. HE WASN'T CATEGORICAL ;YOUR CAPTION IS MISLEADING

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Biden: My Plan Is To Run For Reelection In 2024 by Kccheechy(m): 5:37am On Mar 26, 2021
Politicians are the same everywhere especially the old hags... That was how Mr. Clueless promised to run for only 1 term but look at what is happening now, First term was like throwing Nigeria into a boiling oil. his 2nd term is transferring us from the oil into the raging fire!! a complete failure and disaster !!! Guess what?? we still have 2 more years to endure him!!!

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? / 8 - Questions About The New Israel - Hamas War / Ukraine: Russian Lawmakers Praise Putin After Rebel Recognition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.