Stats: 3,162,163 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:51 AM

Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years (3406 Views)

Pastor And Wife Welcome Quadruplets After 19 Years Of Marriage (Photo) / Discussion on Doctrine between a Christian and a Jehovah's Witness / Man Reveals Why He Stopped Being A Pastor And A Christian (2) (3) (4)

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What do you expect from an atheist who tried everything manly possible to refute something but finds no way to do so? John 10:20 cheesy
So try not to change the subject Sir, your last post exposed the rebellious spirit in you.

According to what you quoted:

SHUNNING is biblical!
It could only work in the midst of those taught and believes the same thing!

So JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization is hereby vindicated! smiley

From the same typing fingers of Max

But I trust LordReed because he knew Maximus very well for convincing speech that can't be refuted.........07:50 am

What do you expect from an atheist who tried everything manly possible to refute something but finds no way to do so...........09:05 am

The above is a testament of who you are grin grin

SHUNNING is biblical! It could only work in the midst of those taught and believes the same thing.

The above statement of yours is why you and your organization shun those that do not sin amidst you grin cheesy grin
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 10:55am On Apr 01, 2021
BigCabal:
In the beginning, it all seemed pretty normal. Not celebrating birthdays, not associating with people who weren’t Jehovah’s Witnesses (JW). I mean, I was born into it. Everyone we knew was a Witness, and we were discouraged from making friends with non-JWs. We were divine people and anyone who wasn’t one of us was regarded as the spawn of Satan. As a child, it all felt pretty normal. I felt quite special because everything we did was different. We were Jehovah’s people after all.

I loved being a Witness, but I disagreed with some of the doctrines, like the order not to celebrate birthdays. I wished I could celebrate my birthday with my friends, have food and drinks and be the centre of attention, but I never had that. I pegged it up to being persecuted for righteousness’ sake. JWs have a kink where they enjoy being punished for their faith. I was punished every single day in school for not singing the national anthem because we’re not allowed to. I wasn’t mad or upset about it. On Sunday, during field service, all my JW friends would brag to each other about how we stood up to our teachers, how we stayed faithful to Jehovah and never caved.

You don’t realise you’re in a cult until something in your head clicks, and it didn’t click in mine until I was a teenager. The congregation was anti-secular education. There were plenty of publications, articles and letters, talks at the Kingdom Hall discouraging people from going to school. Universities were painted as some kind of corrupt cesspool where members go to lose their faith. We were told about how when God’s Kingdom comes, you were not going to need your degree in medicine or psychology or whatever you wanted to study because God’s Kingdom would be a perfect world, so there was no reason to go to school. Many Nigerian schools, for some bizarre reason, request a reference letter from your place of worship or a civil servant as a condition for admission. My brother, who was the most devout member, needed that letter, but the organisation treated him like a criminal. They had several meetings and tried to discourage my father not to let him go.

Watching him get treated that way lit the fire of doubt inside me. There was no indication that he would go to school and lose his faith, so why should he be treated like that? On the outside, I was still quite the fanatic, but on the inside, my mind was awash with doubt. I thought: if this doctrine is suspect, what else are we being brainwashed with? Why were they scared of enlightenment? If people went to school and lost their faith, then wasn’t the problem the faith and not the school?

This crack of doubt spread when I recalled cases of sexual abuse against JW children. In all of those cases, the matters were covered up and the perpetrator unpunished, thanks to yet another questionable JW doctrine — matters between Jehovah’s Witnesses must always be settled in-house.

Members were not allowed to report crimes or issues between members to the police. When I was young, a devout member sexually abused a child. I remember how it was covered up. Nobody reported to the police. Another time, a man embezzled another Witness’ money in his company. It was a lot of money, but because they were both witnesses, it was never reported, and he never got his money back. I didn’t think much of all this then, but it began to make sense.

My experience with sexism in the organisation also fuelled my doubt. An elder told us that it was impossible for a woman to give a public talk. One time, a woman mentioned that she had attended a remote women-only congregation where the speaker was a woman, the elder was adamant: if there were no men, that congregation should not exist. Women could only speak while sitting and with their hair covered. I thought, “Women dedicate their entire lives to the organisation and get nothing in return, not even the right to speak?” It didn’t make sense to me, but we accepted it because it was a “directive from Jehovah”.

My doubt finally made me search for ex-JWs content on Google to read the experiences of people who had left the organisation. There was this video of a woman who organised a flash mob in a Kingdom Hall in the United States to protest the cover-up of her rape as a child. It hit me. I couldn’t believe the organisation that nurtured me was capable of such evil. I did more digging and found more people who had been treated so poorly by the organisation. I never dug too deep because I always felt guilty reading on the experiences of ex-JW members, I had to do it secretly and even clear my browser history because I didn’t want my parents finding that on my phone.

I got into university in 2016. When I resumed, I discovered that there was a JW congregation in the university. I began to wonder why we were discouraged from going to school when there was a university JW community. Suddenly, it clicked. We were taught from a young age not to question anything. Whatever happens, Jehovah is the answer. If it’s bad, Jehovah let it happen to teach us a lesson. I recollected all the times the organisation covered up scary crimes. For the first time, I was not under the protection of my family, and when I started interacting with other JWs by myself, I started to see how toxic it all really was — the politics, gossip, shaming, misogyny — it just didn’t feel right.

But I still stayed. I had no choice. I was young and dependent on my parents.

All those little things built up incrementally. My classes clashed with meeting times, and I started going from attending meetings regularly to going once or twice a week to once a month. I was treated like scum for missing those meetings. It felt like I was trying to leave a controlling person who was trying so hard to hold on to me. I got calls and messages disguised as feigned concern for me. It was wrapped in, “We’re calling because we love you and care about you,” but I could always feel the passive aggression. I felt even less connected to them and stopped attending meetings completely.

It is rare for someone to actually leave the congregation. In my 18 years in the organisation, I only saw one person denounce the faith and all its doctrine.

Continue: https://www.zikoko.com/life/why-i-stopped-being-a-jehovahs-witness-after-19-years/

Thanks be to God for your freedom.
They carry fake smile up and down to deceive people....

They won't shun child rapists but will shun the person who demand for justice..
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 11:03am On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
What do you expect from an atheist who tried everything manly possible to refute something but finds no way to do so? John 10:20 cheesy
So try not to change the subject Sir, your last post exposed the rebellious spirit in you.

SHUNNING is biblical!

Biblical shunning is towards immoral people...

*. 1 Corinthians 5:9 "KJV: I wrote unto you in an epistle NOT TO COMPANY WITH FORNICATORS:

While your organization protect immortal people... it's not the same.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 11:09am On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
The underlined is your way of changing the topic and it's unacceptable! cheesy

Nobody is talking about TRUST here but SHUNNING. If i greet, talk, chat, eat and drink with an atheist, does it makes sense to say i'm shunning them?
But on the other hand i must not greet, talk, chat, eat nor drink with an exjw i hope you're getting the gist now! smiley

So it's not about TRUST but SHUNNING! wink

Changing topic keh. That's the wahala for you to sort. Listen to people well don't punctuate it with the ideas in your mind or answering questions on their behalf. Follow conversation accordingly.

But on the other hand i must not greet, talk, chat, eat nor drink with an exjw i hope you're getting the gist now

The above is why you can't give me answer to my question below

Where in the scripture was it written to shun those that do not sin?

Here are the images that was promised based on the words of yours SHUNNING IS BIBLICAL.

Shine your eyes well and read how your organization was saying and supporting words that it is not biblical and in later after some years it is biblical

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 11:14am On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

SHUNNING is biblical!

From the op one can see some of the things that made Russians to call you terrorists.

You see those who are not in the organization as satanic, yet you go to them with pretending smile.

Hatred in the heart, smile on the face... it's a dangerous tactics...

The best way solve this problem: is STOP THEM B4 THEY START...
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:22am On Apr 01, 2021
We've SHUNED them so you can have them! cheesy

achorladey:

The above statement of yours is why you and your organization shun those that do not sin amidst you
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:24am On Apr 01, 2021
It's our own God and our own standard so we are OK with it, we will SHUN those that goes contrary to our standard so you can have them! cheesy

KNOWMORE56:

*. 1 Corinthians 5:9 "KJV: I wrote unto you in an epistle NOT TO COMPANY WITH FORNICATORS:
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 11:26am On Apr 01, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

From the op one can see some of the things that made Russians to call you terrorists.

You see those who are not in the organization as satanic, yet you go to them with pretending smile.

Hatred in their own system of beliefs start from carrying guns and killing fellow christians at war.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:29am On Apr 01, 2021
Sorry a commentator has ruled out whatever you are trying to say now!

He said "I can VOUCH for my JW friends than my nonjw friends"

I believe he could say the same about his Boko Haram friends after all they're also terrorists like JWs! cheesy

KNOWMORE56:

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:46am On Apr 01, 2021
Pastor KNOWMORE Sir,
I think you need to stop this commentator from making more JW friends before we kill him with our CULT because his utterances can't be overemphasized! cheesy

nnamdiosu:

I feel you bro, honestly I do. And trust me, I can vouch for many of my jw friends to be more honest and moral than my non jw friends.

However, there are so many indices that point out that jw organization is a cult. Like very tight systematic cultures, way of life, beliefs, etc. But it's fine.

But I won't want to argue, judge or critize sir. I relate with a person as according to an individual, not a group or association.
God bless you. Amen.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 11:51am On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
We've SHUNED them so you can have them! cheesy

Thanks for the kindness. I am willing to share them with you grin cheesy
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:58am On Apr 01, 2021
Oh that's very generous of you! smiley

Please make them your brothers and sisters, and try to be much more kind to them so that they'll forget and format everything about JWs from their SD card!
That's exactly what each new convert becoming JWs often does so we don't have to look back at everything we've left behind. Matthew 19:27-29; Luke 9:60-61
Please help those exjws do the same! cheesy

achorladey:

Thanks for the kindness. I am willing to share them with you grin cheesy
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 12:01pm On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Sorry a commentator has ruled out whatever you are trying to say now!

He said "I can VOUCH for my JW friends than my nonjw friends"

I believe he could say the same about his Boko Haram friends after all they're also terrorists like JWs! cheesy

And the nnamdiosu added.....

Do calm down. You seems so eagar to prove JE isn't a cult or is acceptable. It's not an issue of hyprotical. Listen.

When I say I enjoy the company of my JW friends , IT DOESNT MEAN I ACCEPT OR THINK THE JW DOCTRINES ARE BETTER OR MORALLY RIGHT ITSELF.

my non JW friends may not be morally as right as them, but they are human and understanding.

So don't get it twisted.

A cult can have morally good guys by day that don't take alcohol in the day, but drink blood at night. (Just saying)
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:11pm On Apr 01, 2021
That's the spirit of deception nah! cheesy

Try to correlate the two statement and ask any intellectual if it's coming from the same spirit sincerely speaking!

"TRUST me, I can VOUCH for MANY of my JW friends to be more honest and moral than my non JW friends" ~ nnamdiosu

"But they (JW friends) can be moral and good by the day, but drink blood at night" ~ nnamdiosu

We can understand because a spirit spoke through Peter and Jesus commended him {Matthew 16:16-19} but after few minutes Jesus said something and ANOTHER spirit spoke through the same Peter! Matthew 16:21-23

So don't worry my guy JWs can understand what happened to our friend (nnamdiosu) smiley

achorladey:

And the nnamdiosu added.....
Do calm down. You seems so eagar to prove JE isn't a cult or is acceptable. It's not an issue of hyprotical. Listen.
When I say I enjoy the company of my JW friends , IT DOESNT MEAN I ACCEPT OR THINK THE JW DOCTRINES ARE BETTER OR MORALLY RIGHT ITSELF.
my non JW friends may not be morally as right as them, but they are human and understanding.
So don't get it twisted.
A cult can have morally good guys by day that don't take alcohol in the day, but drink blood at night. (Just saying)
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 12:15pm On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Oh that's very generous of you! smiley

Please make them your brothers and sisters, and try to be much more kind to them so that they'll forget and format everything about JWs from their SD card!
That's exactly what each new convert becoming JWs often does so we don't have to look back at everything we've left behind. Matthew 19:27-29; Luke 9:60-61
Please help those exjws do the same! cheesy

The materials printed week in week out tells me you and your organization hardly forget what Christendom and Babylon the great does. In fact you and your organization not only recall their past you equally use latest happenings around them to make you and your organization look good.

So what exjws or I choose to leave behind is beyond your jurisdiction.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
That's the spirit of deception nah! cheesy

Try to correlate the two statement and ask any intellectual if it's coming from the same spirit sincerely speaking!

"TRUST me, I can VOUCH for MANY of my JW friends to be more honest and moral than my non JW friends" ~ nnamdiosu

"But they (JW friends) can be moral and good by the day, but drink blood at night" ~ nnamdiosu

We can understand because a spirit spoke through Peter and Jesus commended him {Matthew 16:16-19} but after few minutes Jesus said something and ANOTHER spirit spoke through the same Peter! Matthew 16:21-23

So don't worry my guy JWs can understand what happened to our friend (nnamdiosu) smiley

It is now spirit of DECEPTION grin grin. In other words we can discard the initial words since na deception grin grin
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:25pm On Apr 01, 2021
It's the Organization as a whole that's talking about a world of confused religionists killing one another yet claiming they're worshipers of the same God! No JW goes about talking about his former religion to make people there feel anything. Rather we introduce A BETTER PERFORMING GROUP of people that no other person can point to it's equal!
Nnamdiosu is a living Witness on this thread, listen to him ~ "I can VOUCH for many of my JW friends to be MORE HONEST and MORAL than my non JW friends"
That statement is enough to judge all critics of pure worship! 1Peter 2:12

Please try to get someone say something of that nature about another CULT GROUP! cheesy

achorladey:

The materials printed week in week out tells me you and your organization hardly forget what Christendom and Babylon the great does. In fact you and your organization not only recall their past you equally use latest happenings around them to make you and your organization look good.
So what exjws or I choose to leave behind is beyond your jurisdiction.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
Suit yourself! wink

achorladey:

It is now spirit of DECEPTION grin grin. In other words we can discard the initial words since na deception grin grin
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's the Organization as a whole that's talking about a world of confused religionists killing one another yet claiming they're worshipers of the same God! No JW goes about talking about his former religion to make people there feel anything. Rather we introduce A BETTER PERFORMING GROUP of people that no other person can point to it's equal!
Nnamdiosu is a living Witness on this thread, listen to him ~ "I can VOUCH for many of my JW friends to be MORE HONEST and MORAL than my non JW friends"
That statement is enough to judge all critics of pure worship! 1Peter 2:12

Please try to get someone say something of that nature about another CULT GROUP! cheesy

The bold is what you do here not just about other religion but about the one you abandoned to become JWs grin grin grin not to talk of those you would have given as talks and other assignments given to you within the organization you belong.

When I get to know this one in pidgin called LIE LIE CHRISTIAN. I can't help but laugh.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:56pm On Apr 01, 2021
It's enough for the derailing, back to me topic of discussion:
SHUNNING is biblical and JWs are PRACTICING it simple as ABC!
The main reason why no other religious group can practice this injunction confidently is written all over your faces: YOU PEOPLE ARE FAITHLESS!
If Deeperlife, RCCG, MFM, Chosen, Winners, SCOAN, Christ Embassy, Catholic, Anglican, Cele or C&S try it they are all scared of loosing members who will contribute money for them.
But JWs like Jesus will give you a condition, live by it you become one of us, desist from it we will SHUN you! Luke 18:18-26 wink

achorladey:

The bold is what you do here not just about other religion but about the one you abandoned to become JWs grin grin grin not to talk of those you would have given as talks and other assignments given to you within the organization you belong.

When I get to know this one in pidgin called LIE LIE CHRISTIAN. I can't help but laugh.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 1:39pm On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's enough for the derailing, back to me topic of discussion:
The main reason why no other religious group can practice this injunction confidently is written all over your faces: YOU PEOPLE ARE FAITHLESS!
If Deeperlife, RCCG, MFM, Chosen, Winners, SCOAN, Christ Embassy, Catholic, Anglican, Cele or C&S try it they are all scared of loosing members who will contribute money for them.
But JWs like Jesus will give you a condition, live by it you become one of us, desist from it we will SHUN you! Luke 18:18-26 wink

Luke 18: Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”

27 Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.

You see how you cut short scriptures you cited simply because the one I quoted don't fit or align with your doctrine. How does this scripture support SHUNNING paapaa when what seems impossible with men is possible with God.

And I added the reason why you shun those that do not sin. Hope you understand now how BIBLICAL it is grin

written all over your faces

Really, Mr Max on a faceless forum grin grin

try it they are all scared of loosing members who will contribute money for them.

When you and your organization were crying about the excommunication practiced by the Catholics was it because they are LOOSING MONEY or MEMBERS? Smh for you.

To look good on the outside before others no good ooo.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2021
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm God's word is full of wisdom!
I've forgotten that once you're no more with JWs the spirit of understanding will depart from you, no wonder Paul and John said we should avoid having to do with exjws like you!

Now this is the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of Luke 18:18-27
A Jew approached Jesus trying to know what he must do to gain everlasting life, Jesus presented the Mosaic laws and the man said he's OK with that then Jesus gave a condition that has never been heard of in the scriptures then our friend walked away in grief. So Jesus concluded by saying with this man's heart condition he can't see everlasting life. The disciples were shocked because (1)What Jesus required is not written anywhere in God's word! (2) Jesus is saying that man will not inherit God's Kingdom for turning down his offer!

When someone finds JW Organization and all the goodies attached to it, he must be prepared to sacrifice everything he has to remain in this Organization otherwise he can't get what we are working towards EVERLASTING LIFE!

Jesus' disciples were so scared of this saying that they have to voice out asking Jesus "Who then can be saved?" then Jesus replied "with men (faithless people) it is impossible but with God (exerting ourselves to remain in the camp of the holy ones) all things are possible"

That's the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what i just cited for you but it escaped my mind that you're no more with us so you can't understand the spiritual language! Zephaniah 3:9

It's OK my guy go and rest! smiley

achorladey:

Luke 18: Those who heard this asked, “Who then can be saved?”
27 Jesus replied, “What is impossible with man is possible with God.

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 7:10pm On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
It's our own God and our own standard so we are OK with it, we will SHUN those that goes contrary to our standard so you can have them! cheesy

Then you guys should stop dragging the Bible into mess...

You encourage yourselves that the rapists are going to change during and after Armageddon.

Why do you think other people you are shunning are not going to change?
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by KNOWMORE56: 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

[/b]"....SHUN those that goes contrary to our standard.."[b]

Your standards go against God standards in the sense that God wants you to shun anyone who is called a brother but he's a fornicator, a rob, a cheat, busybody, etc

*. 1 Corinthians 5:11 "KJV:But now I have written unto you NOT TO KEEP COMPANY, IF ANY MAN THAT IS CALLED A BROTHER BE A FORNICATOR, or COVETOUS, or AN IDOLATOR, or A RAILER, or A DRUNKARD, or AN EXTORTIONER; with such an one no not to eat."

No wonder your organization hardly talk about HOLINESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS...

You can see why I said t Word is in your hand and in your head but Watch tower is in your Heart...

Your heart is very important...give your heart to Jesus!

*. Proverbs 4:4 "KJV:He taught me also, and said unto me, LET THINE HEART RETAIN MY WORDS: keep my commandments, and live."

*. Proverbs 4:23 "KJV:Keep THY HEART WITH ALL DILIGENCE; for out of it are the issues of life."

Proverbs 23:26 "KJV: MY SON, GIVE ME THINE HEART, and let thine eyes observe my ways."

JESUS is calling you saying MY SON, GIVE ME THINE HEART...
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm God's word is full of wisdom!
I've forgotten that once you're no more with JWs the spirit of understanding will depart from you, no wonder Paul and John said we should avoid having to do with exjws like you!

Now this is the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of Luke 18:18-27
A Jew approached Jesus trying to know what he must do to gain everlasting life, Jesus presented the Mosaic laws and the man said he's OK with that then Jesus gave a condition that has never been heard of in the scriptures then our friend walked away in grief. So Jesus concluded by saying with this man's heart condition he can't see everlasting life. The disciples were shocked because (1)What Jesus required is not written anywhere in God's word! (2) Jesus is saying that man will not inherit God's Kingdom for turning down his offer!

When someone finds JW Organization and all the goodies attached to it, he must be prepared to sacrifice everything he has to remain in this Organization otherwise he can't get what we are working towards EVERLASTING LIFE!

Jesus' disciples were so scared of this saying that they have to voice out asking Jesus "Who then can be saved?" then Jesus replied "with men (faithless people) it is impossible but with God (exerting ourselves to remain in the camp of the holy ones) all things are possible"

That's the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what i just cited for you but it escaped my mind that you're no more with us so you can't understand the spiritual language! Zephaniah 3:9

It's OK my guy go and rest! smiley

I've forgotten that once you're no more with JWs the spirit of understanding will depart from you

James 1: 5 So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God,+ for he gives generously to all and without reproaching.

Having understanding and as it were wisdom is not contingent on being a member of your organization. Reason the matter well well.

Paul and John said we should avoid having to do with exjws like you

Paul and John said you should avoid those that do not sin grin That one too dey.

Jesus gave a condition that has never been heard of in the scriptures

Acts 3:22 For Moses said, ‘The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your own people; you must listen to everything he tells you. 23 Anyone who does not listen to him will be completely cut off from their people

Mr Max pay attention to how you learn and listen won ti gbo oro yen ri. grin grin

Jesus concluded by saying with this man's heart condition he can't see everlasting life

Speculations, assumptions don enter cheesy. Show me where he said that man won't or can't see everlastingl life?

1. What Jesus required is not written anywhere in God's word!

Like play play John 3:16 no dey your Bible again, Matthew 12:50 don japa for your Bible.

2. Jesus is saying that man will not inherit God's Kingdom for turning down his offer

Just one scripture where Jesus stated that man will not inherit God's kingdom.

he must be prepared to sacrifice everything he has to remain in this Organization otherwise he can't get what we are working towards EVERLASTING LIFE

Search all you want from the scriptures you cannot get 1/1000000000 of a scripture that support whatever your fingers typed up there. The probability of getting a scripture to support it is ZERO.

then Jesus replied with men (faithless people) it is impossible but with God (exerting ourselves to remain in the camp of the holy ones) all things are possible

My oh my the man(young ruler) was already exerting himself chai! Then he said: “All of these I have kept from youth on. He was even part of the camp of the holy ones as it were grin grin. I repeat you no dey pay attention to how you dey listen grin grin grin

That's the PRACTICAL APPLICATION of what i just cited for you but it escaped my mind that you're no more with us so you can't understand the spiritual language

By now you will see yourself clearly in the mirror and perhaps learn another spiritual language. The one you have learnt so far is cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Your standards go against God standards in the sense that God wants you to shun anyone who is called a brother but he's a fornicator, a rob, a cheat, busybody, etc

*. 1 Corinthians 5:11 "KJV:But now I have written unto you NOT TO KEEP COMPANY, IF ANY MAN THAT IS CALLED A BROTHER BE A FORNICATOR, or COVETOUS, or AN IDOLATOR, or A RAILER, or A DRUNKARD, or AN EXTORTIONER; with such an one no not to eat."

You can see why I said t Word is in your hand and in your head but Watch tower is in your Heart...

*. Proverbs 4:4 "KJV:He taught me also, and said unto me, LET THINE HEART RETAIN MY WORDS: keep my commandments, and live."

*. Proverbs 4:23 "KJV:Keep THY HEART WITH ALL DILIGENCE; for out of it are the issues of life."

Proverbs 23:26 "KJV: MY SON, GIVE ME THINE HEART, and let thine eyes observe my ways."

The first line is why they will keep SHUNNING those that do not sin.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 9:58pm On Apr 01, 2021
achorladey:

Where in the scripture was it written to SHUN those that (do not) sin?

Simple answer don't punctuate your response with answering your own questions on my behalf.

Your question is very DUBIOUS & contradictory because you placed a bracket ( ) sign in that question.
Remove the bracket sign ( ) in the question make everyone know the lane you dey,no put two legs dey paddle two canoe grin cheesy
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 10:03pm On Apr 01, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Thanks be to God for your freedom.
They carry fake smile up and down to deceive people....

They won't shun child rapists but will shun the person who demand for justice..
Bros, your claims are very DUBIOUS.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by achorladey: 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2021
Janosky:

Your question is very DUBIOUS & contradictory because you placed a bracket ( ) sign in that question.
Remove the bracket sign ( ) in the question make everyone know the lane you dey,no put two legs dey paddle two canoe grin cheesy

Jumping into a discussion without reading properly. Someone has said you need things to be in bold to see clearly.

Who added the bracket sign? SMH!

If they don't deceive, they are liars, if they are not liars, they are fraud, if they are not fraud, they are dubious, if they are not dubious, they are contradictory. Mr educated literate!
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 10:20pm On Apr 01, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

Bros, Your claim is DUBIOUS.
On this forum, only Jehovah's Servants have repeatedly defended the scriptures as far as
1 Corinthians 5:1-2,11-13 & 2 Thess 3:6 is concerned, because HOLINESS AND RIGHTEOUSNESS is of prime importance to Jehovah God, we apply the principles to discipline erring individuals in our midst.

Bring one evidence to this forum that your Churchpreneurs & Pastorpreneurs have obeyed both Scriptures, or stop making empty noise grin grin

Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 10:26pm On Apr 01, 2021
KNOWMORE56:

[b]Why would Jehovah's Servants protect "immortal people" who are untouchables to your Churchpreneurs? grin

Jehovah's servants expose immoral people, the very reason we discipline them according to
1 Corinthians 5:1-2,11-13 & 2 Thess 3:6, in your Bible.
Re: Why I Stopped Being A Jehovah’s Witness After 19 Years by Janosky: 10:37pm On Apr 01, 2021
achorladey:

Jumping into a discussion without reading properly. Someone has said you need things to be in bold to see clearly.

Who added the [b]bracket sign
? SMH![/b]

If they don't deceive, they are liars, if they are not liars, they are fraud, if they are not fraud, they are dubious, if they are not dubious, they are contradictory. Mr educated literate!

Bros, continue LYING and DECEIVING yourself.
Brother Max, come see Zzor's "Snake man" denying the post he made to you cheesy

These screenshots were your posts at 8:34am, continue to shake your head, Mr LIENUS DECEIVING himself. grin

Images of God, Jesus, Angels And Satan In Various Books/Pictures / Shouldn't We Hear Lucifer's Side Of The Story? / Pastor Chris Storms His Hometown With His Private Jet For A Convention (photo)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120