Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 AM

One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! (67572 Views)

Stephen Rathod: Pastor Adeboye Donates 60% Of His Income To Charity / Four Years After SCOAN Building Collapse: In Defence Of Prophet T.B. Joshua / 4 Years After SCOAN Building Collapse: In Defence Of Prophet T.B. Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by Temotala: 1:39pm On Mar 26, 2021
ONE year after the founder and Senior Pastor of the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) Prophet T.B. Joshua, closed down the church in order to meet the government’s directive on COVID-19 pandemic, hospitality and ancillary services that depend on pilgrims and tourists to the church for their patronage are on the verge of extinction.

According to hospitality operators in Ikotun, 60 per cent of the accommodation facilities in the area have shut down sending thousands of workers into the labour market.

Even though the SCOAN has put in place all the necessary health precautions in line with the COVID-19 protocols,   Prophet T.B. Joshua has insisted he will only re-open the church when directed by God.

However, the continuous closure has caused so much hardship to the hospitality operators in Ikotun and the environs and they are hoping that the church will reopen as soon as possible.

Chief Sunny Ozumba, an owner of a hotel and a pilgrims’ hostel in Ikotun, who commented on the situation said the operators were in dire condition, “Your guess is as good as mine. You must have guessed that we are roasting. I am thinking of relocating. I am thinking of relocating because the coronavirus is not abating and the government is not telling us anything that is important to us. “The church is mindful of the current situation plus the social distance guideline and so are cautious of taking decisions. And the Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) is such that if it opens, some people will start disseminating information that people should come over for the cure of COVID-19 and all that.

“Even if the Man of God tells them don’t come, they will still come. I think he is mindful of the people’s well-being honestly, but the situation is not to our own economic interest.”

Another hotelier while commenting on the situation said “We survived other crises including the Ebola crisis, but we need God and the government’s help to survive the current situation. There is so much hunger around this area. Our source of livelihood is temporarily gone. We don’t know what to do.

Speaking further on the closure, Ozumba said “Well, we have those whose main source of clientele is accommodating pilgrims that visit the SCOAN only or mostly. I don’t know about others, but for us who are involved in accommodating pilgrims to Synagogue, we are having it tough.”

On whether the hoteliers are having any form of clientele from local pilgrims, he said “It is the same situation, except in the case of the local pilgrims, you can see one in a hundred sauntering in, but for international pilgrims, it is totally zero.”

But, there is hope. Without the hope we would have gone totally extinct. I think the church may not open its door until the virus fizzles out,” Ozumba said.

He lamented that despite the difficulty and situation, they have not received any form of palliative of help from either the state or Federal Government “During the first phase of the virus, I never knew some people from either the state or Federal Government have my details.

“They sent me a letter saying that I was going to have some palliatives. I was hoping and waiting, nothing happened. So, I shared my experience with a group I belong to. They told me that I should either wait there until I die of hunger, or go and find what to do. These days, the only things I get on my phone are vaccination messages. So, there has been no palliative of any kind.”

https://tribuneonlineng.com/one-year-after-scoans-closure-60-of-hotels-in-ikotun-shut-down/

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by madukka(m): 1:50pm On Mar 26, 2021
Same thing happens to hospitality businesses around nigerian universities

233 Likes 14 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by Foolishbuhari: 1:55pm On Mar 26, 2021
Well those who were on the neck of this particular man and the church, I hope you all are happy? I hope you all can now see the church contributes immensely to the economy of an area?

Well whenever SCOAN opens, but for now,make una manage

162 Likes 12 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by prinsam30: 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2021
the only true Man of God and Prophet of our time, as he said, the church will be open if he hears from God... shikena

117 Likes 12 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by fuckingAyaya(m): 5:25pm On Mar 26, 2021
prinsam30:
the only true Man of God and Prophet of our time, as he said, the church will be open if he hears from God... shikena
yea just like he said the virus will be over last year March,

219 Likes 13 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Mar 26, 2021
madukka:
Same thing happens to hospitality businesses around nigerian universities
The Hoterliers knew how risky business of that kind is to begin with. So not certain if I should call this a sob story or a whine-fest!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by prinsam30: 10:31pm On Mar 26, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
yea just like he said the virus will be over last year March,

yes, over in China and it was

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by Kobojunkie: 10:45pm On Mar 26, 2021
prinsam30:

yes, over in China and it was
it was over in China last March? You high? undecided

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by BigDick70inch(m): 12:11am On Mar 27, 2021
Tb should keep........waiting on God rather than follow the say of the people.............

Same people would still turn back and critize if things should go wrong..........

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by Nobody: 7:40am On Mar 27, 2021
Nigerian government should reopen the economy fully.

Covid19 regulations has destroyed the smooth operation of many things leaving many people hanging in limbo.

There are so many government businesses that are on suspension and several privately owned businesses depend on government business to survive.

The thing tire person. Government has not accepted interns this year, a calendar that runs either January or February annually.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by oursnail(m): 8:36am On Mar 27, 2021
so pastor TB. Joshua is not business entrepreneur as other churches who want to build church as big as Ibadan City and still built churches all street.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by cassidy1996(m): 9:31am On Mar 27, 2021
thats business for you, anything can happen.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by Onyenna(m): 9:35am On Mar 27, 2021
Njo ahia......

Ike gwuru......

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:09am On Mar 27, 2021
This is the reason we all need each other to survive.

But d koko of d tori be say : thank you jesus!!

Coronavirus is going Gradually and Gradually leaving our world alone.

It can only be God.

Thank you Darling jesus for life.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by bigdammyj: 11:10am On Mar 27, 2021
Noted
Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by mbahdi(m): 11:10am On Mar 27, 2021
D
Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by easyfem(m): 11:11am On Mar 27, 2021
convid19 .... u c wat u av caused ?
Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by Tobid1822: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2021
Hi everyone, Please take a few minutes of your time and click on this link to help fill this questionnaire. Your contributions are greatly appreciated.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScGfFxoRJGOUkciKILK2l383Xv5mluG_Z9gctnjc7s14S1NVg/viewform?usp=sf_link
Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by GeneralPula: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2021
Why will hotels closed down when there are Hoes & whores that can work short time & day break to bring in more customers..

Nah those hotel owners no reason well oo..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by dayleke: 11:11am On Mar 27, 2021
Domino effect

2 Likes

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by FirmTR(m): 11:12am On Mar 27, 2021
That's my man..

1 Like

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by Nonso92(m): 11:13am On Mar 27, 2021
Omo x10000
Imagine setting up your business to be dependent on another man's business undecided

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by olaric(m): 11:13am On Mar 27, 2021
Hundreds of his members come from outside Lagos, that's, and they always need somewhere to lodge.

The same is happening to businesses around Mowe, Ibafo and Arepo areas; the fact that the Redemption Camp has not been fully operational is affecting them.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by Iseoluwani: 11:13am On Mar 27, 2021
Probably the govt will know the essence of a church and hospitality business.

Now some people are left to join those of us on the street still looking for job

2 Likes

Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by AwesomeStormy00(m): 11:14am On Mar 27, 2021
Na pandemic we dey fight not epidemic so na all global hospitality industry this pandemic affect. God help us
Re: One Year After SCOAN's Closure, 60% Of Hotels In Ikotun Shut Down! by PerfectMatchNG: 11:14am On Mar 27, 2021
grin
Hotels will shut down. I have said this many times and will say it, the TB Joshua stimulated the economy of Ikotun down to Abaranje, Governor's road, from Bureau the change to hotelier, to the Uber driver, fastfoods and more.

Since the lockdown, it has affected many businesses in that axis.

The following Hotels have closed
ParkVal
Hard rock
Hill top
Nolah
Pados

You have FREE coin waiting! Join #Binance and we'll both get $50 of either KCS, KLV, ONE, EOS or BNB FOR FREE. Sign up with https://www.binance.com/en/register?ref=H1R24WDO
Use the link to register we both get FREE coins

10 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines / Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City / Pastor Bakare Mocks Bishop Oyedepo For ‘Making Noise About His Private Jet’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.