Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,554 members, 7,812,777 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! (46948 Views)

I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / Have You Ever Been Scammed? Share Your Experience!! / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 10:21am On Mar 27, 2021
phpier:
This looks like a paystack transaction.

Use this to check exactly the business that debited you: https://paystack.com/lookup and follow up with paystack to report the business and hopefully get your money back.
I have done this sir. Thank you.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Jeffy1206(m): 10:22am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Second number ; +234 818 048 4586
always check that the twitter account of Zenith is verified and marked with good sign... They foolishly try to do the same to me and I immediately know after I sent my account number, I received an otp immediately, they asked me for it and I sent them 419 419 grin... Always be smart every time!! Don't ever say you're security conscious when you will fall for this cheap scam undecided

Bank chorus has always been... Don't send ur card details or otp to anyone even if na ur account officer angry
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 27, 2021
I ve been scammed $1000... move on bro
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 10:23am On Mar 27, 2021
Kebbiprince:

Look well there is a verified tick on it. The blue is obvious, they can photoshop it too
Is the tick a dp or on the main profile.. mugu just full everywhere sha grin grin
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by HolyTitus(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2021
ffs cryffs
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Karleb(m): 10:24am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I am in so much pains guys!

Scammers why did you do this to us?

Tell me, if something bad befalls your family will you be happy

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

Please learn from my mistake.

I’m in so much tears right now.

You are a very foolish girl!

You sent out OTP to another fellow who has your card details. No wonder they say women have fish brain.

I pulled out of a deal recently because the fellow was looking for means to withdraw without OTP, it's obviously a scam. I mean, who does not know that?

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by MissJoy29(f): 10:26am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:

His number : +234 701 382 3667

I have reported his WhatsApp account too

He kept convincing me to tell my dad to do the transfer back.
That he/she kept convincing you should have been your clue. What's his/her business with the transfer?

When someone is being so pushy about something, the person has something THAT'S USUALLY MORE THAN REQUIRED to gain & that's enough reason to be suspicious & then cautious of the person.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by jericco1(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2021
Sorry about that, at least now you'd be more conscious
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by HolyTitus(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Thank you everyone. I wonder what Sportypay is...all feels like a dream to me.
He actually used your card to fund his sportybet account. Same format I lost close to 50k to last year May 7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by dankorode(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I know I know...trust me I am always so careful, today was just different...this scammer will forever feel these pains of mine! Tonight I’ll report the scammer to God...all his generations will suffer for this!
don't involved his generations ,they are innocent.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Yippeedaniel(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2021
I don't do banks or do bank card. It's old school
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Karleb(m): 10:27am On Mar 27, 2021
Elsueno:

Bros snap the front and back of ur ATM card, then send it to me, if I no clear ur account in 30 minutes, then I will drop my title as boss of bosses and pay u double what's in ur account

grin

What people don't know is, there are some e commerce website that don't require OTP. They are rare but they exist.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by nnamdi640: 10:29am On Mar 27, 2021
I really feel your pain but is there no way to track that criminal.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by generalwo(m): 10:32am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I’m in so much tears right now!!!! Look at me just trying to do my business, and I just got scammed! Oh God tried to stop me but I wasn’t conscious enough!

It started with my card being declined and I reached out to Zenith bank on Twitter. I was told you add up a number on WhatsApp to chat with their customer care. I did and everything looked professional, honestly I had no idea that I was about to be scammed!

The scammer asked for my card details which I told him no, but he assured me that he is not a scammer. I sent it, but the card still didn’t work so I transferred my money to my dad’s account hoping to use his card, but the customer care kept disturbing me that they want to help me resolve it. I had to beg my dad to transfer back but he kept forgetting to transfer back and I was pissed!!!! I kept calling for hours till he finally did tonight and the customer care wiped off my account after I sent the OTP codes to him foolishly, thinking I was chatting with their staff!

After my account got wiped off, it was then I realized the mention on my Twitter was from a dorm account on Twitter!

I take all the blame...I have always been a security conscious person, but today .....

....... There's nothing much u can do now than to learn from your mistakes and move on....... I'm really sorry....... Before u use that account again, change your atm card..... It's being compromised
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by buJu234: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2021
i don't think its the bank fault..

u broke 2 golden rules foolishly..

1) gave out ur ATM card no
2) gave out the secret code called OTP..

so please blame yourself, learn ur lesson and move one

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 10:33am On Mar 27, 2021
Absolute mumu. Any nairalander that falls to any cheap scam anywhere is a compound fool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:34am On Mar 27, 2021
You are a certified fool

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by baseb: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2021
People should be wise. Someone once had an issue with making transfers and he reported physically at the bank. Though he didn't see the officer in charge he laid a complaint. Probably because of the kind of account he had, the said officer later called him on phone and introduced himself. He then asked for the complainant's password to enable him to supposedly work on the issue. But he told him that if he was the real person he should have a way of getting it from the bank, since he works there and he's in charge of such issues. So that banker said he understood and after a while the issues with the account was resolved.
Do not give out your PIN or vital information about your bank account or debit/credit card to anyone.
Do not trust people you meet in the banking hall, not even staffs. Someone lost money after supposedly giving a large amount to a banker inside the banking hall to help her deposit. The guy was later seen on cctv and the bank said he was not a staff. Nobody could say how he left the premises. Things happen.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by BonkoINC: 10:34am On Mar 27, 2021
Anyone can fall for this.. as clever as i am .. i once fell for this.. but never again. Was lucky i didn't have much..

Just take your L. And move on..
God be with u.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Xilsbridalhouse(f): 10:36am On Mar 27, 2021
Aside my money being stolen, my foolishness is the painful part of it all! I’d brag about not being able to be scammed because I always know, how it happened yesterday without me being suspicious is the pain I’m feeling right now.

Insult me really, I won’t blame you...my foolishness was glaring cry cry cry
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by chatinent: 10:37am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
I know I know...trust me I am always so careful, today was just different...this scammer will forever feel these pains of mine! Tonight I’ll report the scammer to God...all his generations will suffer for this!

I understand you perfectly.

They didn't hypnotize you.

For every real bank handler on Twitter is a fake account waiting to send a DM to unsuspecting users. You'd think it's the bank responding!

Sorry.

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 10:37am On Mar 27, 2021
Atk1nson:

Very insensitive thrash talk.

It's not insensitive.... The truth is always bitter
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by dankorode(m): 10:38am On Mar 27, 2021
azraeljaheel:
Suspecting one guy...

But I won't say Nada

Am sure if this makes front page

The next thing you will see is

Damn niggarrrr
i what I noticed was that whenever a report like this surface you want see him comment, he would go into hiding.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 27, 2021
It is well. God will surprise you.

Xilsbridalhouse:

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Athemisia: 10:41am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
That money is gone bro....

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Nobody: 10:42am On Mar 27, 2021
Same thing happened to me , 40k was withdrawn from my account

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Athemisia: 10:43am On Mar 27, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
These useless scammers will never stop scamming, one day monkey will go to the market without coming back
Same proverbs we've been hearing since 19OO.... Next time you should used your tongue to count your teeth.... Money gone on flex...

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by wfjimmytobby(m): 10:43am On Mar 27, 2021
damn nigga see cashout...the scammer go don flex the money now
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Cutehector(m): 10:44am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Seriously, I’m just trying to concentrate...I can’t even think of anything...I can’t even tell my dad this! I disturbed him so much to send back the money, only if I had known...if I had known! With the tears in my eyes, that scammer will never know peace!
God kept making your dad forget but you were angry with God. angry Blame yourself

1 Like

Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by einsteine(m): 10:45am On Mar 27, 2021
It wasn't enough that you sent the card details, you also sent OTP. Na wa for foolishness o.
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by Athemisia: 10:45am On Mar 27, 2021
dankorode:
i what I noticed was that whenever a report like this surface you want see him comment, he would go into hiding.
What would you expect from a fellow scammer?
Re: I Have Just Been Scammed!!!! by WiszyFraud: 10:46am On Mar 27, 2021
Xilsbridalhouse:
Thank you everyone. I wonder what Sportypay is...all feels like a dream to me.

Sportypay means he has funded his bet account with your hard earned money..... sorry dear.

I’m happy the money wasn't in 6-figures.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Woman Punched To Death Three Days To Wedding Over N100 Debt (pic) / Teenage Girls Rescued From Kidnappers In Rivers State (Photos) / Secondary School Boy Stabs A Man Dead In Delta (Disturbing Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.