Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,075 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:13 PM

I'm In Love With An 'ada' - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm In Love With An 'ada' (3307 Views)

My Wife Has To Be Drunk Before Making Love With Me –mortuary Attendant / "I Am Still In Love With My Ex, But I Am Married To A Stranger" / Marrying An Ada Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by crackhaus: 5:45pm On Mar 29, 2021
Mariangeles:

For your mind you too get sense abi?

Excess sense...
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Raalsalghul: 7:59pm On Mar 29, 2021
ebonflexy:
I love this girl.
She told me she is an "Ada".
I understand that to mean that she is the first born daughter of her village (Somewhere in Abia state).

She is very beautfiful, hard working and industrious.
If I marry her, what specifically am I to expect in terms of "first daughter" from her village people?

It depends on the financial status of her family.

If they're broke, dust your slippers and run for your dear life as you'll handle the expenses of her younger siblings.

If they're reasonably average of rich, nothing does you.

A word they say is enough for the wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Mariangeles(f): 9:52pm On Mar 29, 2021
crackhaus:

Excess sense...

Use am save Nigeria economy!
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by thorpido(m): 10:22pm On Mar 29, 2021
So the ones wey no be Ada no dey sabi care for others kwa?
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by ebonflexy(m): 4:17am On Mar 30, 2021
Mariangeles:

If you're lucky marry an Ada, you gain not just a wife, but a mother too.
They're special. A whole package.

You're a woman so your input is biased.
Scam. cheesy
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Klass99(f): 7:15am On Mar 30, 2021
smiley
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by FatherCHRISTMAS(f): 9:45am On Mar 30, 2021
Love isbreal
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Mariangeles(f): 11:58am On Mar 30, 2021
ebonflexy:

You're a woman so your input is biased.
Scam. cheesy

If you wanted no inputs from women, you should've made it clear from the start in your op.

You're not obliged to take my word for it.
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by pocohantas(f): 3:14pm On Mar 30, 2021
Klass99:

Where is this girl? Today is Tuesday o!

Please come and finish this gist I am interested.

You cannot be lazying from Saturday up till now nah!

Lmao. Na the usual entitlement matter na. I decided to scratch it, forgot to edit that out.

How are you, Klass? cheesy
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Kondomatic(m): 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2021
Adas are usually surrounded by responsibilities at a very early age, they're like deputy mothers.
This prepares them for life when they're still very young. Being the first daughter means that their parents raised them with special attention unlike last borns that are raised with past questions.

There's just one disadvantage, most of them take shits from people since they grew up cleaning after their siblings, they tolerate too much.

This might look like an advantage but I personally don't like it.

Most Ada do not marry outside their state though.
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Klass99(f): 3:40pm On Mar 30, 2021
smiley
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by pocohantas(f): 3:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
Klass99:

Why na? You just dampened my amebo enthusiasm grin

I'm doing very well, thank you. I hope you are too.

Are you an Ada yourself? You seem too sensible to be one actually. cheesy

You mean Adas no get sense? Hahaha Yes I am one.

Pele jare. These days when I go off, to comeback and continue aproko dey tire me. If no be say na you, I no sure say I for reply sef. I am fine nne.
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Klass99(f): 4:01pm On Mar 30, 2021
smiley
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Mariangeles(f): 4:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
In a desperate bid to shade, they end up not making any sense!
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by pocohantas(f): 4:19pm On Mar 30, 2021
Klass99:

Lol cheesy, I didn't mean they don't have sense.

But from the way the whole Ada concept has been described here (and like you said, it would take one with a mind of her own NOT to bow to undue pressure from her family) I didn't think you were a good fit for the Ada thingy.

I am a lover of family, but I also believe in privacy. Luckily for me, I have a family that loves to mind their business and I don’t have (younger) siblings that would pack to come live in my matrimonial home. So, my loyalty may never be tested. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by descarado: 6:40pm On Mar 30, 2021
crackhaus:
Despite all the accolades showered on these 'Adas' here, I have met and know a few who are nothing but extremely silly, entitled, and very badly-behaved.
This entitled trait is actually quite common with a lot of 'Adas' – this is the part no one likes to talk about.

However, I'm usually of the opinion that people ought to be judged based on their unique individualities, than on what their position in the family "represents".

Watch some old naija movies.
You will know how first son, first daughter, second son, second daughter etc in that order behaves.

Second sons and daughters are mostly rebellious, jealous and competitive.
3rd are in their own world trying to outdo themselves.
Last is entitled but somehow they surprise people.
As for the first born, they are automatically parents, fiercely protective and somehow arrogant.
Where do you belong?
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by crackhaus: 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2021
Mariangeles:
In a desperate bid to shade, they end up not making any sense!
cheesycheesy

I like this chic sha... grin
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by crackhaus: 7:42pm On Mar 30, 2021
descarado:

Watch some old naija movies.
You will know how first son, first daughter, second son, second daughter etc in that order behaves.

Second sons and daughters are mostly rebellious, jealous and competitive.
3rd are in their own world trying to outdo themselves.
Last is entitled but somehow they surprise people.
As for the first born, they are automatically parents, fiercely protective and somehow arrogant.
Where do you belong?
I am glad I belong to Jesus...

Do you know that song?

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Kondomatic(m): 8:30pm On Mar 30, 2021
Klass99:

I honestly had the same issue with the part in bold, while thinking to myself, this is how we groom lazy ass adults, who expect their older and more successful siblings to do things for them as if they are handicapped.

While I understand that as the oldest child in any household, it is not out of place to help provide good guidance and direction for younger siblings, younger siblings are not invalids who need to be catered to or catered for, they should learn to take responsibility for their own lives at an early age, without putting that burden on the eldest child.

I kukuma love my eldest sister and our first born die, she does not tolerate bullshit from any of us and doesn't let herself be used as a crutch by anyone sef. All the while managing to do good and do right by us as a sister.
I see it in my mom and it's annoying. It's like the unity in her father's fam is hinged on her, everybody will be doing rubbish and talking nonsense and she will take it all without saying anything. She will be busy making peace here and there. I hate that.

I have already started seeing it in my eldest sister too before she passed on. I pitied her and I blamed my parents for that. It usually starts with "Don't do this, don't you know that s/he is your junior? Don't do that, don't you know that you're his/her senior" making excuses for the junior one which makes them irresponsible in the long run.

Even when they become adults, they will still expect to be carried hand and foot like they can't do a thing on their own.

It makes the senior ones unfit for the snake pit kind of society we are in today. People will take advantage of their high endurance and tolerance level.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by pocohantas(f): 8:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
Kondomatic:

You are definitely a different kind of Nigerian man. One who doesn’t want a woman that can tolerate shît. cheesy

Kondomatic:
I see it in my mom and it's annoying. It's like the unity in her father's fam is hinged on her, everybody will be doing rubbish and talking nonsense and she will take it all without saying anything. She will be busy making peace here and there. I hate that.

Sooo accurate. It is a very serious office in Igboland o. My dad thinks I am one of the most under-performing Adas in the whole SE.

Me ke? I am always ready for vawulence. grin

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Kondomatic(m): 9:03pm On Mar 30, 2021
[font=georgia]
pocohantas:

You are definitely a different kind of Nigerian man. One who doesn’t want a woman that can tolerate shît. cheesy
This country is not structured to accommodate soft people. We are full of shits and it's difficult for women because they're expected to take shits without saying a word simply because they're women.

As if the preconditioning of women by the society is not enough, your own family will start raising you in a way that will enable you to take more shits obediently. Chukwu aju.

I want my daughter to be an eye for eye type of woman. If you treasure your eyes then don't touch her own.

A strong stubborn woman that has sense is always the best

pocohantas:

Sooo accurate. It is a very serious office in Igboland o. My dad thinks I am one of the most under-performing Adas in the whole SE.
Office wey no get profit. Even when they wan do burial nah Ada and Okpara them dey put everything for head. I no want
pocohantas:

Me ke? I am always ready for [i]vawulence
. grin
You wey I know? I was in Lagos once and wanted to meet but when the person that gave me your address told me your bus stop, I changed my mind. See Pic bellow for the Bus stop name.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by descarado: 9:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
crackhaus:

I am glad I belong to Jesus...

Do you know that song?
You smartly evaded my question.

Yeah I know the song cheesy
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Klass99(f): 9:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
smiley
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by Klass99(f): 9:41pm On Mar 30, 2021
smiley
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by pocohantas(f): 9:44pm On Mar 30, 2021
Kondomatic:
This country is not structured to accommodate soft people. We are full of shits and it's difficult for women because they're expected to take shits without saying a word simply because they're women.

As if the preconditioning of women by the society is not enough, your own family will start raising you in a way that will enable you to take more shits obediently. Chukwu aju.

I want my daughter to be an eye for eye type of woman. If you treasure your eyes then don't touch her own.

A strong stubborn woman that has sense is always the best

Office wey no get profit. Even when they wan do burial nah Ada and Okpara them dey put everything for head. I no want
You wey I know? I was in Lagos once and wanted to meet but when the person that gave me your address told me your bus stop, I changed my mind. See Pic bellow for the Bus stop name.

Very true. Nigeria is not structured for the meek. Everything here na gragra. Sometimes I just think they overdo the whole thing and they lose me at that point. You can't make everyone have sense, there would always be senseless siblings/relatives. Why would I take the fall for their nonsense, even when they are older? I’ll pass abeg.

Hahahahaha. You for come na, I go chop come carry takeaway join. grin
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by SweetCunt97(f): 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
cricifixo:
If u marry an ada in most families, be prepared to accomodate the whole members of ur wife's family especially d mum who will always try to seize control of ur home through her.
Not to discourage you op, not all are like dat but majority carries d vote
Seize which yeye control? Anyone seize her own family control wey another person go wan seize mine? Mtcheeew
Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by pocohantas(f): 9:50pm On Mar 30, 2021
Klass99:

You had me lol, you see why I said you don't fit the description of an Ada?

Even your own father has seen it, that this one na werey, there is no hinging family unity or sibling care on her.grin

Nne I dey try o, but the work no easy and me no get that kind energy. My problem is laziness. tongue

1 Like

Re: I'm In Love With An 'ada' by descarado: 7:35am On Mar 31, 2021
Kondomatic:
Adas are usually surrounded by responsibilities at a very early age, they're like deputy mothers.
This prepares them for life when they're still very young. Being the first daughter means that their parents raised them with special attention unlike last borns that are raised with past questions.

There's just one disadvantage, most of them take shits from people since they grew up cleaning after their siblings, they tolerate too much.

Lots don't. I agree you can be a mother hen only if you are the first born. There is a big difference between the first born Ada and other adas. Last born Ada are heavily sheltered and pampered by everybody
The adas in my extended family has no extra obligations as they are treated as any other female child.
I am seeing some of these ada this Ada that here.

Ada in my place hold more power than the first son even if she is married to a tiv man. They are more respected by the society. All ada are feminists by nature of upbringing.

There is no burden on them. None that I have heard of or witnessed. But when push come to shove, that's when you see these gladiators in action and when they talk,the king must listen and pay attention. Among the ùmùada, the adas are superior yet part of them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Do I Do My Aunts Are Against My Marriage To My Fiance / 4 Kids But Her 3rd Child Is Not For Her Husband... / Sister In-law Wahala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.