Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,332 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion. (2635 Views)

Timini Egbuson: Why I Stopped Attending Church / When A Christian Questions An Ex-christian / "Why I Stopped Believing In God" Ex Presbyterian Pastor Michal Pleban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion. by Pecuman: 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
LordReed:

In other words what I am asking you is, what convinces you that there is a divine relationship in the numbers you are referring to, that is not in the same numbers when used in computing?

That the Authors obviously thought so and obviously were alluding to the numbers having some divine significance.
Re: Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion. by LordReed(m): 5:51pm On Apr 03, 2021
Pecuman:

That the Authors obviously thought so and obviously were alluding to the numbers having some divine significance.

So what the authors said was enough to convince you?
Re: Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion. by Pecuman: 11:19am On Apr 06, 2021
LordReed:

So what the authors said was enough to convince you?

Okay, wait.

The Author's intent is more important to know where the numbers are being used as actual numbers or as code for the supernatural or as a mix of both.

The numbers that have some significance in Jewish numerology that I can vouch for the source would be.

7 from the 7 days in Genesis to make the world.

3 from the sons of Noah/races of the world as known to the israelites.

12 from the 12 tribes of Israel.

144 is just 12 squared so this gets its numerological significance from 12.

Million there is a general trend of using million to refer to great hosts.

There are others like 300, 400-and-something etc. Which may have a numerological significance but I don't know for sure.
Re: Ex-christian: Why I Stopped Believing Religion. by LordReed(m): 12:39pm On Apr 06, 2021
Pecuman:

Okay, wait.

The Author's intent is more important to know where the numbers are being used as actual numbers or as code for the supernatural or as a mix of both.

The numbers that have some significance in Jewish numerology that I can vouch for the source would be.

7 from the 7 days in Genesis to make the world.

3 from the sons of Noah/races of the world as known to the israelites.

12 from the 12 tribes of Israel.

144 is just 12 squared so this gets its numerological significance from 12.

Million there is a general trend of using million to refer to great hosts.

There are others like 300, 400-and-something etc. Which may have a numerological significance but I don't know for sure.

You are not directly answering the question. Are you convinced by what the authors wrote? I am not asking for a treatise on numerology, I just wanna know if you are convinced by what is written.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Scientists Say There Is No God, But Yet They Can't Explain Incidents Lyk This: / Do Catholics actually Worship Mary Mother Of Jesus / Surprising Things You Should Know Or Want To Share About The Bible.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.