Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,266 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 - Politics (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 (57240 Views)

National Assembly Elections, Saturday 9th April, 2011 / Report Here On National Assembly Elections: 2nd April, 2011 / President Jonathan Predicts Stable Electricity By April 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by goggs(m): 11:33pm On Apr 17, 2011
agabaI23:

Even if they give all the votes in taraba for BB, it won't change nada.
But considering that BB won only in sharia practsising states, a state that had a Rev as a gov may not lean towards him.

And BTW, Buhari did not do much in the south which was a wrong calculation. He has the core north in his boxer pocket I wonder why most of his parties were there.

Do you know how many times Goodluck went to Lagos?

I agree with u 1000% buhari didnt seem to care about the southeast and south south. he should have concentrated their, meet ohaneze,make concessions, massage their ego, sell himself as a pan nationalist. Maybe adopt an Igbo middle name (chinedu will do just fine). Politics is all about give and take, and convincing your opponents that you care about them genuinely
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 11:39pm On Apr 17, 2011
goggs:

I agree with u 1000% buhari didnt seem to care about the southeast and south south. he should have concentrated their, meet ohaneze,make concessions, massage their ego, sell himself as a pan nationalist. Maybe adopt an Igbo middle name (chinedu will do just fine). Politics is all about give and take, and convincing your opponents that you care about them genuinely
Sanusi advised him not to contest based on the fact that he does not understand give and take in democracy.
Because he refused to make concession to ACN, that was why the alliance failed.
He insisted on his party being the platform and as well producing the president and vice. So selfish in my opinion.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by honeric01(m): 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2011
@emmatok

Some of your results are wrong, especially the one from Katsina, CPC scored more than 1.1million votes, but you gave them just 864k, you're PURELY wrong, go back to where you got the results from and have it corrected.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 11:45pm On Apr 17, 2011
ziccoit:

Stop telling lies. Stop misrepresentation of facts. Stop religious bigotry. Stop sectionalism. Stop fueling ethnic enmity. We don't need this type of sand brain in the new Nigeria. I don't know where you are from. It is obvious you don't know anything. Don't say what you don't know. The first law of politics as well as fundamental human survival is "if you don't know the game, don't play"

Which facts did I misrepresent?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by honeric01(m): 11:53pm On Apr 17, 2011
^^^^

Stop saying what you don't know Agba1

Bakare was to drop from the position after winning the election but refused to sign a post-dated document, so stop saying Buhari refused to drop his vice for ACN

you guys should stop lying, at least, it's going PDP's way for now, so just let the final results be released and stop peddling more lies.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by goggs(m): 12:09am On Apr 18, 2011
honeric01:

^^^^

Stop saying what you don't know Agba1

[b]Bakare was to drop from the position after winning the election but refused to sign a post-dated document, [/b]so stop saying Buhari refused to drop his vice for ACN

you guys should stop lying, at least, it's going PDP's way for now, so just let the final results be released and stop peddling more lies.

Hey hey dude time out, Why in Gods earth would a Vice Presidential candidate sign a post dated resignation letter? Why can't the parties agree BEFORE the election so that Nigerians will know who their VP is (giving how Jonathan ascended the presidency,this is an important consideration). Why must the agreement be like an agreement in OKIJA shrine?

Look, I was routing for Buhari, but the alliance thing was not done right and as the head of the team, i blame him for messing up the chance.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Princek12(m): 12:41am On Apr 18, 2011
Now its time for a census. Let us create a national database of Nigerians, including thumb prints. That way, we can know the exact population of Hausas, Igbos, Yorubas, etc. This will be better for Nigeria's future.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by jamebex(m): 6:22am On Apr 18, 2011
Princek12:

Now its time for a census. Let us create a national database of Nigerians, including thumb prints. That way, we can know the exact population of Hausas, Igbos, Yorubas, etc. This will be better for Nigeria's future.
+1 All this notion that North is more than the SE + SW +SS must now stop coz how can they still be behind even after registering underage voters?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by profLaw(m): 6:33am On Apr 18, 2011
+1 All this notion that North is more than the SE + SW +SS must now stop coz how can they still be behind even after registering underage voters?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by honeric01(m): 6:37am On Apr 18, 2011
goggs:

Hey hey dude time out, Why in Gods earth would a Vice Presidential candidate sign a post dated resignation letter? Why can't the parties agree BEFORE the election so that Nigerians will know who their VP is (giving how Jonathan ascended the presidency,this is an important consideration). Why must the agreement be like an agreement in OKIJA shrine?

Look, I was routing for Buhari, but the alliance thing was not done right and as the head of the team, i blame him for messing up the chance.

What am i saying and what are you saying? who should be blamed? doesn't Bakare have the right to sign and not to sign for anything he finds illegal?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 6:41am On Apr 18, 2011
Sweet T:

I mean seriously?? C'mmon! How in the hell did PDP get 1 million votes in Abia and Anambra states? You mean to tell me that an Ibo man will leave his Okrika  clothes and fake goods shop to go line up for hours just to vote? Hard for me to believe that, unless an Ibo man he's being compensated for it i don't believe it. And by the way there are not up to 1 million adult age Ibo guys left in all of East combined, they have all relocated to Lagos to sell Okrika clothes and fake goods. INEC c'mmon, let's be real here.

Cretins like this guy and fstranger are the kind of reetards we need to stop from making decisions in Nigeria.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 6:59am On Apr 18, 2011
Princek12:

I just called my cousin who is a corper in Sokoto, and my friend who is also a corper in Borno. Both of them said two people thumbprinted about 10 million ballots. Get outta here!

Bruv, you cousin and friend chatting pure shyt.

They are only delivering typical Nigerian rumour mongering.

It is almost impossible for 2 sane people to thumbprint 10 million times without going insane.

Even if someone attempted that, lets say it takes 1 sec to thumbprint 1 ballot (i.e. lets imagine these 2 people are as efficient as machines), it will take 116 days without even sleeping a second for 2 people to thumbprint 10m ballots.

Furthermore, 10 million ballots is about one third of the eligible northern voters. So is he saying 2 people voted for one third of the North.

Your cousin is chatting utter shyt! I really question the thinking of Nigerians that like to chat like that.

When you see your cousin and your friend, whooze them a slap on my behalf.

goggs:

One of the reasons Buhari lost alot of votes is that many non muslims especially in the North (minorities) see him as a leader of the faith. having suffered a great deal from intolerant and violent people masquerading as muslims, many minorities in the north are fearful of him even though he represents the squeaky clean leader they crave for.

Tried as i could, i couldnt get many of my folks to vote Buhari. I, unfortunately, felt bad when some hausa boys in my polling unit in Kubwa, Abuja were talking tough and making it sound as though the voting (for CPC) was war against non muslims. I really, really felt bad. Then I got two text messages forwarded urging a vote for CPC representing as a duty for muslims. that was the straw that broke the camels back. I promptly thumb printed for Ribadu (ACN).

I felt bad afterwards. I should have still voted Buhari and not be swayed by such childish sentiments. Only God knows how many of us faced this dilemma and capitulated.

We may have lost the best man due to these factors. Anyway, any man Nigerians choose as president will be my president and will join any lawful action(s) to make the nation move forward and  also make him accountable to us

That is the reetardation that pervades the illiterate, islamic-centric part of the North.

It is mirrored in a lot of illiterate, islamic-centric places all over the world.

emmatok:

15. OGUN 309,177 17,000 199,000

17. OYO 484, 758 92, 396 252, 240

This is the positive I can get out of the Presidential election.

You are guaranteed about half of the people that voted PDP here will switch to ACN for the Governorship election.

Majority of them only voted for Jonathan because they did not find any other candidate they liked that could win or they wanted the SS to have power or they do not want Northerners to dominate elections.

I want to see Alao Akala kicked out.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by IZUKWU(m): 7:30am On Apr 18, 2011
And now we have voted overwhelmingly for GEJ.Please tell him that the one thing we need from him is constant power supply. If he can do this,he will be back in 2015. Good luck to him.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by monkeyleg: 10:05am On Apr 18, 2011
@Izukwu,

Goodluck can only do 4yrs, he cannot stand in 2015
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by sley4life(m): 10:27am On Apr 18, 2011
Ebele Jonathan, pls dont let us down. We have given u our vote instead of the extremist called Buhari. You should perform. The way we came out 2 cast our vote shows we can come out in numbers &protest in the villa if nothing positive comes out of your re-election.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by passyjango(m): 10:30am On Apr 18, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Izukwu,

Why can't he run? Is there a law that forbids him to? Let us stick to facts. It is highly unlikely that he will not contest in 2015. He will be more powerful by then so do not expect him to respect any illegal agreement he may have reached with you.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by skool200(m): 10:50am On Apr 18, 2011
See breakdown of election results in state at http://www.newsouton..com
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 18, 2011
These elections were rigged.

It seems the only way to end rigging and corruption is by taking action, and protestting as they did in Egypt
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by EMPE: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2011
For anyone to say that the electio was rigged because Buhari did not win is myopic and a wrong way of looking at the elections. Opinion polls before the election had predicted the pattern of voting. The only uncertainity was the SW. The failure of the CPC-ACN Alliance and the filth that was exposed in its failure was the final strAw for SW to vote Goodluck not PDP. The governship elctions will see ACN maitaining its hold in the SW.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by tlops(m): 12:30pm On Apr 18, 2011
monkeyleg:

@Izukwu,

Can someone pls tell me why he "can not" contest in 2015! Monkeyleg, tell us!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Mariory(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

It seems the only were to end corruption is by taking action, and protestting as they did in Egypt

Go ahead with your protest and shut down the parts of the North. No one down South or the Middle Belt will give a crap. Maybe you folks can depart from Nigeria and install Buhari as your leader. That really might be the best solution for everyone.

Sagamite:

This is the positive I can get out of the Presidential election.

You are guaranteed about half of the people that voted PDP here will switch to ACN for the Governorship election.

Majority of them only voted for Jonathan because they did not find any other candidate they liked that could win or they wanted the SS to have power or they do not want Northerners to dominate elections.

I want to see Alao Akala kicked out.

I don't think it's voting for a Northerner per say. It's more that most people specifically did not want Buhari. No one has forgotten what he did the last time he was supreme ruler.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by nomoreface: 12:42pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

It seems the only were to end corruption is by taking action, and protestting as they did in Egypt

It's people like you that have started riots in Bauchi and Gombe because you think your choice must be everybody's choice.

The sooner you learn that other people have choices and that you are not the only Nigerian on earth and you don't love our country more than us, the better a nation we will have!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by agabaI23(m): 12:46pm On Apr 18, 2011
@GenBuhari

I never knew you are this rigid to the extent that you think the best way to protest is to waste lives and properties.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Mariory(m): 1:03pm On Apr 18, 2011
Looking at the news section below, it begins to become obvious why Buhari was told to get lost by the majority of Nigerians. This is what his supporters stand for.

KANO, Nigeria (Reuters) – Security forces deployed on the streets of Nigeria's northern cities Monday to try to contain protests by youths angered at results showing President Goodluck Jonathan won the presidential election.

Votes counted from all but one of Nigeria's 36 states showed Jonathan, the president from the southern oil-producing Niger Delta, had beaten Muhammadu Buhari, a former military ruler from the Muslim north, in the first round.

Observers have called the poll the fairest in decades in Africa's most populous nation but Buhari's supporters accuse the ruling party of rigging. Results show how politically polarized the country is, with Buhari sweeping states in the Muslim north and Jonathan winning the largely Christian south.

Plumes of smoke rose into the air in parts of the northern city of Kaduna as protesters set fire to barricades of tires. Groups of youths shouted "We want Buhari, we want Buhari."

Soldiers used whips to disperse people gathering in the streets of Kano, the most populous city in the north. A Reuters reporter heard gunfire in one neighborhood and protesters hurled rocks in the dusty backstreets.

"Supporters of Buhari are creating havoc. There are Buhari strongholds where there is a riot. We're just trying to get away but the police are whipping people," said a local trader who gave his name as Ikechukwu, as people ran down a main street.

. . .
Yahoo News Article

And then this is Buhari's response to a question on Aljazeera
Q: "with trouble in North by your supporters, what message do you have for them?
Buhari responded: "l want INEC to explain the results in some polling stations first"

How can any right thinking human believe such a cretin can be a good leader of a largely diverse people? Beyond belief. The penny is starting to drop.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by nomoreface: 2:17pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

It's people like you that have started riots in Bauchi and Gombe because you think your choice must be everybody's choice.

The sooner you learn that other people have choices and that you are not the only Nigerian on earth and you don't love our country more than us, the better a nation we will have!
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by nwabso: 4:33pm On Apr 18, 2011
odiaero:

U are the most dumbest of all dumbs, oya leave that cafe now, you children are worried, asking you wife where is their dad, u are better off attending to the house stuff u know about, washing plates, oya go home now, it is your turn to wash plate that is why you children are asking after you, and they have refused to wash cos it is your turn to wash, So go home and stop being silly, for you are dizzy in that cafe
that bastard that keep saying that igbos rigged their election should go and die. he is the foolest of the fools. he is stupid and a nincompoop.he is an idiot of no comparism
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 4:43pm On Apr 18, 2011
Mariory:

I don't think it's voting for a Northerner per say. It's more that most people specifically did not want Buhari. No one has forgotten what he did the last time he was supreme ruler.

You are right about that, though their assumption is wrong.

Everything the guy did was completely altruistic to change the country for the better.

People might disagree with his method, but one can not fault his principled stance that he maintains to this day.
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Apr 18, 2011
[size=18pt]Buhari won these elections
Massive rigging took place[/size]
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 18, 2011
It is corruption and rigging of elections that starts riots

Buhari won these elections

nomoreface:

Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Sagamite(m): 5:52pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

It is corruption and rigging of elections that starts riots

Buhari won these elections

You mean rigging like the use of about 10m almajiris and kids that were not old enough to vote?
Re: Presidential Election, 16th April, 2011 by Odunnu: 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2011
GenBuhari:

[size=18pt]Buhari won these elections
Massive rigging took place[/size]
where did he win and how was it rigged?
I'l love to hear any NLndr who resides outside the north that had CPC beat PDP in his/her polling unit.
Nlndrs majorly in the SW,SS,SE were posting their PU results and I watched with excitement until the Northerners started.
In my opinion I believe GEJ won bearing in mind that we have good number of southerners in the North

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (Reply)

More Pics From Buhari's Aso Rock Tour And Jonathan's Official Handover / Soldiers Disperse Dariqa Muslims In Yobe State. Photos / Ibrahim Babangida Laughing At Mamman Vatsa's Wedding In The 60s (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.