Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,452 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria (3740 Views)

FG To Establish 18 Modular Refineries In Oil-Producing States / Anambra Joins Oil Producing States, To Benefit From 13% Derivation / NBS: Oil Producing States In Nigeria Shared ₦31.83 Billion In January (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by SniperSmurf(m): 2:41pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nigeria’s use of oil has been on the rise despite it initially producing an export revenue of less than 1% to a peak of 97%, with a minimum of 90% in the last 10 years.
Crude oil production in Nigeria averaged 1882.49 BBL/D/1K from 1973 until 2018, reaching an all-time high of 2475 BBL/D/1K in November of 2005 and a record of low of 675 BBL/D/1K in February of 1983. With observations, data increase in production at an all-time high of 2,49 BBL/D/1K in November 2005 and a record of low 1,419 BBL/D/1K in August 2016 (Trading economics 2018).
Domestically oil forms about 16% of Nigeria’s energy use. The nine top oil producing states in Nigeria are:
Akwa Ibom- the largest oil producer with 31.4% (504,000 BPD)
Delta – 21.56% (346,000 BPD)
Rivers – 21.43% (344,000 BPD)
Bayelsa – 18.07% (290,000 BPD)
Ondo – 3.74% (60,000 BPD)
Lagos – 2.64% (40,000 BPD)
Edo – 2.06% (33,000 BPD)
Imo-1.06 % (17,000 BPD)
Abia-0.68% (11,000 BPD) (Nigerian bureau of Statistics 2017)

Nigeria’s petroleum products are the main stay of the country’s economy. They provide the country’s main source of foreign exchange, making up more than 90% of total exports. Petroleum jobs account for 20% jobs in the country. It is hard to deny as it is obvious that petroleum (oil) has made Nigeria one of the economic leaders in Africa.

Source: https://www.climatescorecard.org/2019/05/nigeria-relies-on-oil-despite-having-large-coal-reserves/
Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by slivertongue: 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2021
good.
rich states poor citizens

1 Like

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by oilPUSSY(f): 2:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
Very useless old statistics

8 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by seunmsg(m): 3:04pm On Mar 27, 2021
Dear OP, you want the usual suspects to come and wail abi? I hope you can handle the tears that will soon start to flow? I’m out of here! grin grin grin
Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by Seerade029: 3:05pm On Mar 27, 2021
seunmsg:
Dear OP, you want the usual suspects to come and wail abi? I hope you can handle the tears that will soon start to flow? I’m out of here! grin grin grin

I'm also outta here grin

1 Like

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by okeyglm: 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2021
The sum of N31.83bn was shared among the oil producing states as 13% derivation fund. This is according to the data obtained from the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) has shown an increase of 1.475% from the sum of N31.39bn disbursed in December 2021.
Federal Government received a total of N218.30bn from the N619.34bn. States received a total of N178.30bn and Local governments received N131.79bn.
Nigerian Oil Producing States - Breakdown
- Delta - 9,330,887,136.39
- Akwa-Ibom - 6,507,090,696.10
- Rivers - 5,720,714,581.10
- Bayelsa - 5,553,504,925.91
- Edo - 1,140,408,957.97
- Ondo - 744,627,044.98
- Imo - 607,886,509.77
- Abia - 324,344,026.70
- Lagos -
Suko Derivation - 548,045,133.99
Exchange Gain Difference - 452,687,524.54
Distribution of ₦ 6.897 Billion from FOREX Equalisation - 896,641,940.72
- Total - 31,826,838,478.17
*Note that since 2016, Lagos state has been officially declared an oil-producing state in Nigeria, however, the state still earns low from the derivation fund.
The Federation Account Allocation Committee (FAAC) disbursed the sum of N619.34bn to the three tiers of government in December 2020 from the revenue generated in January 2021.
The amount disbursed comprised of N437.26bn from the Statutory Account, N3.83bn as Exchange Gain Difference, N6.90bn from Distribution of FOREX Equalisation and N171.36bn from Valued Added Tax (VAT).
Revenue generating agencies such as Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) and Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) received N6.99bn, N10.43bn and N6.36bn respectively as cost of revenue collections.
Further breakdown of revenue allocation distribution to the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) revealed that the sum of N146.33bn was disbursed to the FGN consolidated revenue account; N3.69bn shared as a share of derivation and ecology; N1.85bn as stabilization fund; N6.20bn for the development of natural resources; and N5.22bn to the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja.
https://brandnewsday.com/2021/03/23/oil-producing-states-in-nigeria-shared-n31-83bn-in-jan-2021-nbs/

we dont make noise in the Internet. we ain't Afonja

8 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by Resurrection212: 3:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
I'm from imo state .I would like to warn ipob to stop adding imo state to their biafra. We are not igbo .if you think you can take our land by force because of the oil you are deceiving yourself.

2 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by Trimjos: 4:08pm On Mar 27, 2021
Resurrection212:
I'm from imo state .I would like to warn ipob to stop adding imo state to their biafra. We are not igbo .if you think you can take our land by force because of the oil you are deceiving yourself.

Stale undecided

11 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by Obalatule: 4:14pm On Mar 27, 2021
Resurrection212:
Olawale dey disguise grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by igbozionism(m): 4:28pm On Mar 27, 2021
you guys want us to do this again? this is an old statistics and I don't know why the mod took down my thread about this.
how can Lagos produce 40000 barrels per day and earn a paltry 3.8million naira from January to July 2019? and 0 naira in 2021. Lagos was never an oil producing state, even if it was the reserve was small and that is why by 2019 it was pumping less than 2000 barrels per day and as of 2021 Lagos produced only groundnut oil

8 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by igbozionism(m): 4:31pm On Mar 27, 2021
Delta State is currently the largest oil producing state in Nigeria now. akwa-ibom surpassed it before due to the activities of niger Delta avengers.
Edo produces more oil than ondo state and Lagos does not produce crude oil at all again

7 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by walefresh3(m): 4:37pm On Mar 27, 2021
Obalatule:
Olawale dey disguise grin grin grin
ogun state and borno we soon join..�������
Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by walefresh3(m): 4:44pm On Mar 27, 2021
igbozionism:
Delta State is currently the largest oil producing state in Nigeria now. akwa-ibom surpassed it before due to the activities of niger Delta avengers.
Edo produces more oil than ondo state and Lagos does not produce crude oil at all again
oga stop saying rubbish... learn ok... akwa ibom is the highest producer of crude oil in Nigeria and is earning below Delta Delta State in derivations... You should ask for clarification and methods for the clatarials before u arrive on your faults conclusions

4 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by BiafIntel: 4:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
Akwa Ibom- the largest oil producer with 31.4% (504,000 BPD) Some Igbo areas of Akwa Ibom produces oil.
Delta – 21.56% (346,000 BPD) 80% of the oil from Igbo areas.
Rivers – 21.43% (344,000 BPD) 90% of the oil from Igbo areas
Ondo – 3.74% (60,000 BPD) Ijaw Area.
Lagos – 2.64% (40,000 BPD) There is no oil in Lagos. All propaganda.
Edo – 2.06% (33,000 BPD)
Imo-1.06 % (17,000 BPD) Large oil and largest gas deposit in Africa.
Abia-0.68% (11,000 BPD) Large oil deposit more than the fraud nigerian figure.
(Nigerian bureau of Statistics 2017)

1 Like

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by Jeux: 5:00pm On Mar 27, 2021
walefresh3:
oga stop saying rubbish... learn ok... akwa ibom is the highest producer of crude oil in Nigeria and is earning below Delta Delta State in derivations... You should ask for clarification and methods for the clatarials before u arrive on your faults conclusions
is Lagos state still producing crude today?

2 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by GreaterFuture3: 5:48pm On Mar 27, 2021
What of Cross River State
Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by Kinematics: 5:57pm On Mar 27, 2021
igbozionism:

[b]It wasn't simply because of Niger Delta avengers. Crude oil daily output is not static, it changes due to certain factors eg repairs, upgrades, shutdown etc. Dont be surprised if next month you see state like Bayelsa at the top, its like that. Also note that old Wells are being revived while some wells are drying up as well. Delta has been pumping more crude oil than any other state since 2018, up from number 2/3 to number 1.

Akwa Ibom took over from Rivers in 2007 after they won oil wells from Cross River and Rivers. Abia too went up that same year after wells from Rivers were ceded to Abia.
Akwa Ibom since then has been pumping more crude oil than any other state with Rivers and Delta exchanging the number 2 and 3 spot intermittently. Bayelsa has constantly remained in the number 4 spot, but rose up significantly when revenue from Soku was going to Bayelsa. Many new wells have been discovered in Bayelsa as well.
Delta finally caught up with Akwa Ibom in 2018 and surpassed it that same year in output and till date remains the highest oil producing state.
Rivers is suffering from the effects of bunkery and mature wells as crude oil theft thrives in Rivers more than any other state due to mainly onshore(Including creeks) wells which are easy to steal from (Akwa Ibom benefits from this most because over 90% of its oil wells are offshore, Delta too has a significant offshore wells too)
Cross River lost it all after losing all their oil wells to Akwa Ibom. And to make it worse they lost the oil rich Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon as well.

So there you have it![/b]

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by theTranslator: 6:17pm On Mar 27, 2021
BiafIntel:
Akwa Ibom- the largest oil producer with 31.4% (504,000 BPD) Some Igbo areas of Akwa Ibom produces oil.
Edo – 2.06% (33,000 BPD)
This shows how an average IPOB thinks
Delusional and deliberately ignorant shocked cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by SniperSmurf(m): 6:18pm On Mar 27, 2021
GreaterFuture3:
What of Cross River State
They had Bakassi and they literally gave it away to Cameroon.
Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by Kinematics: 6:20pm On Mar 27, 2021
SniperSmurf:

They had Bakassi and they literally gave it away to Cameroon.

It was not given away, but the rightful owners took it. Bakassi was never Nigeria right from the colonial era.
Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by walefresh3(m): 6:51pm On Mar 27, 2021
Jeux:
bro Google aje oil company .it is owned by folawiyo.. sometime they produce above 40k on at times below the figures indicated in the chart.... Lagos govt as being collecting oil derivation for the past 3 years... if it is a propaganda.. we the north and the Eastern states allow that .. don't let your hate towards the west make u reason like a slowpoke or slowpoke..It is the nnpc that are in charge of derivation payment and oil extraction figures from every state that are producing oil... The northerns are the one controlling nnpc how come the Yoruba now befrauding other ethnicities...?

3 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by Jeux: 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
God, why all these na? I only asked an innocent question, I never knew Lagos produces oil, I was surprised to see it here I thought you were knowledgeable and abreast of the current happenings that’s why I asked you, sorry bro I don’t do tribal stuffs online here, I’m past that. You need to work on yourself bro
walefresh3:
bro Google aje oil company .it is owned by folawiyo.. sometime they produce above 40k on at times below the figures indicated in the chart.... Lagos govt as being collecting oil derivation for the past 3 years... if it is a propaganda.. we the north and the Eastern states allow that .. don't let your hate towards the west make u reason like a slowpoke or slowpoke..It is the nnpc that are in charge of derivation payment and oil extraction figures from every state that are producing oil... The northerns are the one controlling nnpc how come the Yoruba now befrauding other ethnicities...?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by walefresh3(m): 7:00pm On Mar 27, 2021
Jeux:
God, why all these na? I only asked an innocent question, I never knew Lagos produces oil, I was surprised to see it here I thought you were knowledgeable and abreast of the current happenings that’s why I asked you, sorry bro I don’t do tribal stuffs online here, I’m past that. You need to work on yourself bro
So sorry for my bad.... I thought u an IPOB that reasons like a slowpoke.. I am so sorry... I love liberal people...

2 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by Richy4(m): 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2021
So Imo is an oil producing state... No wonder their road network was SO FINE... the evidence is glaring undecided
Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by EzeNri(m): 7:55pm On Mar 27, 2021
Nigeria Bureau of Statistics?

We pass.

We know Imo supplies all the gas the powers Lagos and NW.

3 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by igbozionism(m): 8:20pm On Mar 27, 2021
walefresh3:
I have nothing to argue with you. it is obvious you are ignorant. of course I know when oil was discovered in Lagos but I know that Lagos never produced up to 40,000 barrels, if it did, the federal government would never let an indigenous oil company owned by a Yoruba man to control it. Lagos oil reserve was small hence why it dried up fast. Funny enough Lagos has never earned more money than abia or imo from crude oil.
just to cure your ignorance, take a look at a more detailed explanation given by this bros

Kinematics:

[b]It wasn't simply because of Niger Delta avengers. Crude oil daily output is not static, it changes due to certain factors eg repairs, upgrades, shutdown etc. Dont be surprised if next month you see state like Bayelsa at the top, its like that. Also note that old Wells are being revived while some wells are drying up as well. Delta has been pumping more crude oil than any other state since 2018, up from number 2/3 to number 1.

Akwa Ibom took over from Rivers in 2007 after they won oil wells from Cross River and Rivers. Abia too went up that same year after wells from Rivers were ceded to Abia.
Akwa Ibom since then has been pumping more crude oil than any other state with Rivers and Delta exchanging the number 2 and 3 spot intermittently. Bayelsa has constantly remained in the number 4 spot, but rose up significantly when revenue from Soku was going to Bayelsa. Many new wells have been discovered in Bayelsa as well.
Delta finally caught up with Akwa Ibom in 2018 and surpassed it that same year in output and till date remains the highest oil producing state.
Rivers is suffering from the effects of bunkery and mature wells as crude oil theft thrives in Rivers more than any other state due to mainly onshore(Including creeks) wells which are easy to steal from (Akwa Ibom benefits from this most because over 90% of its oil wells are offshore, Delta too has a significant offshore wells too)
Cross River lost it all after losing all their oil wells to Akwa Ibom. And to make it worse they lost the oil rich Bakassi peninsula to Cameroon as well.

So there you have it![/b]

1 Like

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by igbozionism(m): 8:26pm On Mar 27, 2021
walefresh3:

statistics released by your brother yemi at NBS.. didn't this same NBS placed osun above eastern states in rate of unemployment statistics but we know how south Western States was boiling during lock down. remind me the state that had rampaging one million boys

1 Like

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by Christistruth00: 8:29pm On Mar 27, 2021
BiafIntel:
Edo – 2.06% (33,000 BPD)

The Oil In Ondo State in in Ilaje Yoruba area.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/ilaje-stakeholders-lament-exclusion-from-nddc-board/

1 Like

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by chrisblack: 8:35pm On Mar 27, 2021
igbozionism:
lagos produces. Get you facts right

1 Like

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by chrisblack: 8:36pm On Mar 27, 2021
Jeux:
yes
Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by chrisblack: 8:40pm On Mar 27, 2021
walefresh3:
funny enough lagos State crude oil is still undergoing massive prospecting. They have identified some areas which might end up shooting the state to over 100,000bpd from the badagary axis

4 Likes

Re: The Nine Top Oil Producing States In Nigeria by walefresh3(m): 3:59am On Mar 28, 2021
chrisblack:
funny enough lagos State crude oil is still undergoing massive prospecting. They have identified some areas which might end up shooting the state to over 100,000bpd from the badagary axis
I knew bro.. Cus I have a relative working with them..... that guy was just spilling shit here while the truth it's glaring.He knew nothing . He was part of those iPod member that aimed to degrade sw . They always denied the truth...

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

LP Lagos Gubernatorial Candidate Wife Support LGBTQ / How Much Is Saheed Balogun And Bimbo Akintola Buying Fuel Today? (picture) / Tinubu Backs Fashola For 2nd Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.